Putting Formutech's Flexible to the Test!

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's harder to get good shape then to get size. I tell everyone I am as big as I want to get but I want more shape. I want deep deep cuts and round full muscle bellies.
Exactly where I'm at

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A little pain today in my left wrist other than that the joints feel good. Split my training up today and trained back at the gym this morning and shoulders at home tonight. Felt great throughout each movement. Even the wrist wasn't too bad.

Back

Deadlifts
135x10
135x15
225x15x2
305x10

Lat Pulls
4x15

Face Pull Ladder
5x12

Db Rows
110x10x3

Shoulders

Arnold's ss with Seated Band Jabs
30x20x4 ss 90lb band x10x4 great burn with this one!!

Front Raises ss with Side Raises
4x10 per

Db Shrugs
100x12x3

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Nice video

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That wasn't supposed to get out on the internet!! Lol which video?

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ha. Dang, missed it.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Aww puppies! My daughter is going to flip when she gets home from school!

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll update training tomorrow I just wiped my ass out so going to bed.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tmi bro. Lol
Lmao it does look funny when I reread it :D

Agreed but congrats on the new pooches
Thanks man, first time having puppies since I was a kid. Pretty cool! Pretty sure they are mixed pit as a few have a brindle color and there's a brindle pit running around. He seems a little big for our dog but kind of a unique color.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
From joints to puppies. I has to track back to see if real puppies or code for something else

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Feeling great today! No pain at all!!! Trained bis and tris this morning

Guillotine Curls (most people finish with this but I like to start with it to get my biceps warmed up)
5x12

Standing Db Curls (first 10 alternating arms second 10 arms simultaneous)
3x20

Incline Db Curls
4x10

Hammer Curls SS with Tricep Pushdowns
3x12 per

Reverse Grip Single Arm Pushdowns
3x12

Incline Skull Crushers
3x10

Decline Skull Crushers
3x10

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did you ever get your ink finished?
Got some color put in yesterday. Still not complete as I want her to fix my daughters name and she needs to touch up some of the outline.

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
Got some color put in yesterday. Still not complete as I want her to ufc my daughters name and she needs to touch up some of the outline.
Good deal. Cant wait to see it. How excited was your daughter with the puppies?

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good deal. Cant wait to see it. How excited was your daughter with the puppies?
She was giddy with excitement! It's going to suck when we have to give most of them away.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Feeling great today! No pain at all!!! Trained bis and tris this morning

Guillotine Curls (most people finish with this but I like to start with it to get my biceps warmed up)
5x12

Standing Db Curls (first 10 alternating arms second 10 arms simultaneous)
3x20

Incline Db Curls
4x10

Hammer Curls SS with Tricep Pushdowns
3x12 per

Reverse Grip Single Arm Pushdowns
3x12

Incline Skull Crushers
3x10

Decline Skull Crushers
3x10
Great work as usual reg! Ever hear of tate presses for tris? I just started doing these, light weight, high reps and really slow movement. They are great

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great work as usual reg! Ever hear of tate presses for tris? I just started doing these, light weight, high reps and really slow movement. They are great
Thanks bro! No I haven't heard of them.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
As I have mentioned previously, I feel soo old, Tate presses, mermaid squats etc etc..

Either way keep doing what you do best Reg...

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As I have mentioned previously, I feel soo old, Tate presses, mermaid squats etc etc..

Gotta mix it up!!

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Thanks man, I'm with you on that one. It's tough keeping up with all the new stuff. Gotta love AM and YouTube for new ideas!!

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Joints are still good even though I'm only taking the morning dose of 4 caps. Just got done with back. Damn I'm tired now and have to go to work. On another awesome note we are in the middle of another blizzard yay!!! I'm done with winter!!!

Lat Pulls
5x15

Incline High Rows
4x15

Face Pulls
5x12

Bent over Rows
4x10

Stiff Arm Pushdowns
7x12

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I gotta say I'm very impressed with Flexible so far. The profile is on point for sure! Trained shoulders today. I'm able to do upright rows without any pain at all and it's been a long time since I could say that :D

Seated Db Presses
4x20

Rear Flyes ss with Upright Rows
4x12

Front Raises ss with Single Arm Incline Side Raises
4x12

Db Shrugs ss with Band Jabs
4x10 ss 45 seconds then repeat no rest

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Upright rows can be a little awkward to me, too. Glad it's taking some of the tweak off.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I gotta say I'm very impressed with Flexible so far. The profile is on point for sure! Trained shoulders today. I'm able to do upright rows without any pain at all and it's been a long time since I could say that :D

Seated Db Presses
4x20

Rear Flyes ss with Upright Rows
4x12

Front Raises ss with Single Arm Incline Side Raises
4x12

Db Shrugs ss with Band Jabs
4x10 ss 45 seconds then repeat no rest
Upright rows can be a little awkward to me, too. Glad it's taking some of the tweak off.
Nice work reg!! I never do upright rows, I just don't think I'm really built right for the full ROM I get twinges in my shoulders at the top even with light weight sometimes. I may revisit them with hammer grip on dumbbells at some point and see if that makes a difference but haven't felt like it yet.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dupe post. Damn phone app!

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
I used to try and go heavy on upright rows but my shoulder would get weird feelings like awkwardness during so I dropped the weight and just try to push them elbows to the ceiling and now I love them. I can do more of them but now I just go for the burn. I rotate between BB, EZ bar and DB.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Nice work reg!! I never do upright rows, I just don't think I'm really built right for the full ROM I get twinges in my shoulders at the top even with light weight sometimes. I may revisit them with hammer grip on dumbbells at some point and see if that makes a difference but haven't felt like it yet.
It's like doing straight bar curls. I have had clients say even light weight hurts the wrist and forarm.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya they've been perfectly fine, no pain at all.
Thanks buddy! Definitely loving being pain free :)

I used to try and go heavy on upright rows but my shoulder would get weird feelings like awkwardness during so I dropped the weight and just try to push them elbows to the ceiling and now I love them. I can do more of them but now I just go for the burn. I rotate between BB, EZ bar and DB.
Have only tried dbs. Not sure how bb or ez bar would feel but might have to give it a shot!
It's like doing straight bar curls. I have had clients say even light weight hurts the wrist and forarm.
straight bar curls have been out of the question for me for some time but since I'm feeling so good I may give that a try again also. I see your running a Volatile logging opp on bb.com is that running here as well?

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
I dont do upright rows anymore because of the impingment pain,but i do partial reps flexing my traps. Since im using Flexible i have zero pain even at full reps tho.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update on yesterday's training

Chest

Flat Db Bench
50x15x2
70x15
80x15
90x15

Incline Db Bench (lowest angle)
70x15x4

Incline Db Bench (highest angle)
60x15x4

Decline Db Bench ss with high crossovers (band)
60x20x3 ss 90x12

Flyes (band)
90x12x3

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I dont do upright rows anymore because of the impingment pain,but i do partial reps flexing my traps. Since im using Flexible i have zero pain even at full reps tho.
that's actually a really good idea. I'm going to do that today!

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update on yesterday's training

Chest

Flat Db Bench
50x15x2
70x15
80x15
90x15

Incline Db Bench (lowest angle)
70x15x4

Incline Db Bench (highest angle)
60x15x4

Decline Db Bench ss with high crossovers (band)
60x20x3 ss 90x12

Flyes (band)
90x12x3

great variety on the angles of incline. I do the same thing. I actually bump my seat up between the two incline levels with a piece of 1" dowel so I have 3 positions to hit incline from. I start at the highest, then work my way down over 7 sets, then hit 5 sets on flat, then 5 sets incline flys, then 3 sets of incline burnouts for 20-30 reps each. I've gotten so much growth in my chest from this it's silly. Idk if you saw my latest progress pics.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
great variety on the angles of incline. I do the same thing. I actually bump my seat up between the two incline levels with a piece of 1" dowel so I have 3 positions to hit incline from. I start at the highest, then work my way down over 7 sets, then hit 5 sets on flat, then 5 sets incline flys, then 3 sets of incline burnouts for 20-30 reps each. I've gotten so much growth in my chest from this it's silly. Idk if you saw my latest progress pics.
I haven't seen it yet, are you running a log? I know what you mean though, I was doing inclines on each angle (3 spots) on my bench for awhile. Loved it! Makes sense different angle= different parts of the chest worked.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I haven't seen it yet, are you running a log? I know what you mean though, I was doing inclines on each angle (3 spots) on my bench for awhile. Loved it! Makes sense different angle= different parts of the chest worked.
I posted it up on the swoldiers FB page.