Punthra's Contest Prep (DC Style Journey to the stage next June)

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Actually i feel great....Definitely feel like i can hit 255 no problem!

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Well Smeton, you were right! My back feels absolutely destroyed right now! I'll be back in the gym today to train chest and biceps.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
how are you feeling? I would imagine like a truck ran over you(beat up)

That is some heavy weight on the rack deads. i am doing 365- 8 x's last time, below knee/upper shin
NO WAY!!! THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT ARE STRONGER THAN YOU!?!?!?1 NO WAY!!! :sly:

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
So I went in and absolutely trashed myself today.....Man, this workout was awesome.

Chest / Bis

Incline Dumbbell Presses 100x5 / 120x5 / 140x5 / 80x12 (wasn't impressed with my spot on the 140's as it took two people to help me get in to position which is just ridiculous, my original spotter was afraid that i'd hurt myself so he got someone to help) I did the reps on my own, but i need help to get them into position

Flat Iso Hammer Strength Presses 180x10 / 230x10 / 280x8

Decline Barbell Presses 135x10 / 185x10 / 235x9

Cable Crossovers (FST-7) 85x10 / 75x10 / 65x10 / 55x10 / 45x10 / 35x10 / 25x10

Reverse Grip Cambered Curls 70x10 / 90x8 / 110x6 dropset w/ 60x15

High Cable Double Bicep Curls 30x10 / 35x10 / 40x10 / 45x10 / 50x8 / 45x10 / 40x12

Notes:
- awesome strength on the incline dumbbell presses
- chest and biceps are trashed
- will be more careful about doing heavy dumbbell work if there isn't a spotter around (ie: choose a different exercise)
- taking tomorrow off to heal

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
that is some ogre weight right ther

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Look Man if you would just quit working out for like a year you might be able to find someone who can spot you on Incline DB Press. LOL!!! You rocked the weights bro!

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Thanks gentlemen, the weights just felt light today. Eyes on the prize for june.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Incline dumbell the 140's- 5 x's. that is awesome. do you think the incline dumbell gives the chest a different look than the barbell press? cause your upper chest looks striated in your picture

do you think it fills that space between the chest and shoulders out more?

(maybe I am the only one that has this , it may be genetic I do not know)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Incline dumbell the 140's- 5 x's. that is awesome. do you think the incline dumbell gives the chest a different look than the barbell press? cause your upper chest looks striated in your picture

do you think it fills that space between the chest and shoulders out more?

(maybe I am the only one that has this , it may be genetic I do not know)
I definitely do because of the extended range of motion.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Ya, i agree that incline dumbbells hit a little different due to the larger range of motion. I've always done incline work more than flat due to my shoulders coming into play to much during flat exercises....Plus having a shelf for a chest just looks cool!

Teg

Teg

Awards
  • Established
Playin catch up here Pun... Just got back from testing in WA... Sorry ive been MIA.....

Im really diggin the WOs brother! And holy ish 140s for 5? Geeezzz thats killer! I bet those High Cables made everything feel great and swole at the end! Keep up the GREAT WOs!!!

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
yeah, the FST-7 cable crossovers absolutely pumped the crap out of my chest. I'm really liking fst-7 in general as it seems to be beating the crap out of my muscles.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
yeah, the FST-7 cable crossovers absolutely pumped the crap out of my chest. I'm really liking fst-7 in general as it seems to be beating the crap out of my muscles.
Yeah I bet it does! Oh I remember the DOMS from that style of lifting. SHEESH!

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
I won't be training today.....Upper body is trashed so i'm taking a day off and heading back to the gym tomorrow for legs.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I won't be training today.....Upper body is trashed so i'm taking a day off and heading back to the gym tomorrow for legs.
Got to listen to the body so that it doesn't scream at you louder... Kill it tomorrow!

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Got to listen to the body so that it doesn't scream at you louder... Kill it tomorrow!
I agree listen to the body if you do not that when injury can occur and you will not be lifting for a while.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Checking in on ya man! Hope you recover fast :) I wont though.. Blasted my damn kneecap during MMA :(

//CC

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
sorry to hear about that man.....I'm back to normal today and i'm going in to smash my legs in a bit.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn Pun! You are killin it bro! 140's on incline is :hammer:

haha, Smeton, are you speculating you may be the only one with a bigger upper chest?! lol :wtf: am I reading it wrong?!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Damn Pun! You are killin it bro! 140's on incline is :hammer:

haha, Smeton, are you speculating you may be the only one with a bigger upper chest?! lol :wtf: am I reading it wrong?!
no. you did not comprehend what i said.

In other words there is an area right inside my shoulder that has taken a long time to fill out and asked if incline dumb bell presses helps fill out this area

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Well, yesterday i was supposed to train legs but i decided to do shoulers and tris together instead.

Shoulders / Triceps

Smith Machine Presses 135x10 / 185x10 / 235x8 / 285x6

Incline Dumbbell Laterals 20x10 / 25x8 / 30x6 / 15x12

Standing Cable Rear Laterals 30x10 / 40x10 / 50x10 / 60x8

Cable Upright Rows (FST-7) 90x10 / 105x10 / 120x10 / 135x10 / 150x10 / 165x8 / 90x12

Close Grip Bench Presses 135x10 / 185x10 / 235x8 / 255x7

Cable Pressdowns 235x10 / 205x10 / 175x10 / 145x10 / 115x10 / 85x10 / 55x10

Notes:
- great workout but i couldn't get into training legs yesterday
- my upper shoulder girdle was pumped beyond belief after the FST-7, wish i had a camera yesterday!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice I told you those pumps would be ridiculous!

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Well, today has been an all around ****ty day!!! Both my wife and I had our vehicles broken into last night (smashed windows). I then lost my keys (Stupid Snow). It's just really not been a good day or week all around. I went in and blasted a quick workout out but really didn't do enough exercises as i killing time until my windows were fixed.

Leg Presses 200x10 / 400x10 / 600x10 / 800x10 / 1000x8 / 1200x6

Front Squats Sup/ Lying Leg Curls 135x10 & 60x10 / 185x10 & 80x10 / 235x10 & 100x10

Notes:
- not much to say other than i ate like crap today, barely trained, and i'm royally pissed off at some thieves....if i catch them i'm going to braeak every last one of their fingers!
- sorry for the negative posting today but i'm just in a foul mood and i really didn't need this right now

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn strong close grip bench man :thumbsup:

//CC

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, today has been an all around ****ty day!!! Both my wife and I had our vehicles broken into last night (smashed windows). I then lost my keys (Stupid Snow). It's just really not been a good day or week all around. I went in and blasted a quick workout out but really didn't do enough exercises as i killing time until my windows were fixed.

Leg Presses 200x10 / 400x10 / 600x10 / 800x10 / 1000x8 / 1200x6

Front Squats Sup/ Lying Leg Curls 135x10 & 60x10 / 185x10 & 80x10 / 235x10 & 100x10

Notes:
- not much to say other than i ate like crap today, barely trained, and i'm royally pissed off at some thieves....if i catch them i'm going to braeak every last one of their fingers!
- sorry for the negative posting today but i'm just in a foul mood and i really didn't need this right now
Sorry to hear that bro.

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
I think you would be one of the last people I would steal stuff from. Effin' beast. Nice log bro.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah man All I have to say on that subject is ....Karma(or law of attraction) or whatever you want to call it always works.

if some one does something "bad" it catches up with them no matter how long it takes

if someone does something good-same thing.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah man All I have to say on that subject is ....Karma(or law of attraction) or whatever you want to call it always works.

if some one does something "bad" it catches up with them no matter how long it takes

if someone does something good-same thing.
I also agree with this. What goes around comes around.:)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah but I am sure Big P wishes he had come around while they were doing it so they could come around in th ER!

Good of you to go to the gym in the midst of all that Bro. You completely manned up so don't be frustrated with the workout not being exactly what you hoped for.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Thanks everyone for your thoughts! But Kleen's right....i definitely would have loved to have caught them, just for my own personal satisfaction.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Back

Old School T-Bar Rows 135x10 / 180x10 / 225x10 / 270x7 (Weight doesn't include bar)

Dumbbell Rows 100x10 / 120x8 / 140x6 dropset w/ two arm db rows 70x9 (crazy pump)

Hammer Strength Pulldowns 180x10 / 230x10 / 280x10

Undergrip Standing Cable Rows 180x10 / 195x10 / 210x10 / 225x10 / 240x10

Nautilus Machine Pullovers (FST-7) 250x10 / 250x10 / 220x10 / 220x10 / 190x10 / 190x10 / 160x12

Notes:
- pullovers are my new favourite exercise to trash my back as i seem to be developing an amazing mind muscle connection with back
- really happy with my rowing strength on all exercises
- I'll be training chest / bi's tomorrow

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Back

Old School T-Bar Rows 135x10 / 180x10 / 225x10 / 270x7 (Weight doesn't include bar)

Dumbbell Rows 100x10 / 120x8 / 140x6 dropset w/ two arm db rows 70x9 (crazy pump)

Hammer Strength Pulldowns 180x10 / 230x10 / 280x10

Undergrip Standing Cable Rows 180x10 / 195x10 / 210x10 / 225x10 / 240x10

Nautilus Machine Pullovers (FST-7) 250x10 / 250x10 / 220x10 / 220x10 / 190x10 / 190x10 / 160x12

Notes:
- pullovers are my new favourite exercise to trash my back as i seem to be developing an amazing mind muscle connection with back
- really happy with my rowing strength on all exercises
- I'll be training chest / bi's tomorrow

NO SH*T you are happy with your rowing. You pulled 7 plates on tbar rows for reps. You are the fuggin man! BEAST!!!!!!!!!! Hell you are a MANIMAL!

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
NO SH*T you are happy with your rowing. You pulled 7 plates on tbar rows for reps. You are the fuggin man! BEAST!!!!!!!!!! Hell you are a MANIMAL!
I must agree that is very impressive.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Smeton, my bad bro. Its easy to misinterpret things on teh internetz. Congrats on your sponsorship.

Pun, I'm stoked you got this sponsorship!! Does this mean you can't do the LG logs now?

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Smeton, my bad bro. Its easy to misinterpret things on teh internetz. Congrats on your sponsorship.

Pun, I'm stoked you got this sponsorship!! Does this mean you can't do the LG logs now?
We here at AI have no problems with our people using other supps.:)

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
The LG supps would need to show up first....I haven't even received notice that they have been seized at the border or even detained. I've kind of let the subject be dropped as it does seem a little weird. Either way i'll be happy to fire up my AI supps and start reaping the rewards as soon as they show up!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
werd up...sucks man...I would def say its about time to move on. You have waited long enough.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
That's what i'm thinking as well, as it's been over a month now.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That's what i'm thinking as well, as it's been over a month now.
Well I can't say about the LG stuff you were going to use, but you will love the SWOLE Stack P! Will feel it in the first 3 days.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
ya, i can't wait as it's had a great review from various people on this board.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
ya, i can't wait as it's had a great review from various people on this board.
I would be curious if being as big as you are that maybe you should take 6 a day instead of 4. You should ask Don or one of them what they think about that. Or just adding in an extra dose of Divanil mid day.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Ya, i'll have to ask.....So here is today's sick workout!!!

Chest / Biceps

Incline Smith Machine Presses 225x5 / 275x5 / 325x5 / 355x4 w/ double dropset 225x8 & 135x10 (My chest was smashed and trashed after this set!!!!)

Flat Barbell Presses 135x10 / 185x10 / 235x10 / 255x8

Dips bw x10 / bw x10 / bw x10

Pec Deck (FST-7) 275x10 / 275x10 / 255x8 / 235x9 / 215x10 / 195x10 / 175x10

Drag Curls 60x10 / 80x10 / 100x10 (First time ever doing this exercise)

Reverse Grip Cable Curls (FST-7) 150x8 / 135x10 / 120x10 / 105x10 / 90x10 / 75x10
60x10

Notes:
- one of the best workouts i've had in a while for trashing my chest, it felt destroyed after the first exercise
- absolutely love drag curls!!!!
- feel like an alpha-male today!

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would be curious if being as big as you are that maybe you should take 6 a day instead of 4. You should ask Don or one of them what they think about that. Or just adding in an extra dose of Divanil mid day.
If your talking TestoPRO a lot a few of the people who logged it say there was not a big difference between 4 and 6. A extra dose of Divanil would not be a bad idea.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ya, i'll have to ask.....So here is today's sick workout!!!

Chest / Biceps

Incline Smith Machine Presses 225x5 / 275x5 / 325x5 / 355x4 w/ double dropset 225x8 & 135x10 (My chest was smashed and trashed after this set!!!!)

Flat Barbell Presses 135x10 / 185x10 / 235x10 / 255x8

Dips bw x10 / bw x10 / bw x10

Pec Deck (FST-7) 275x10 / 275x10 / 255x8 / 235x9 / 215x10 / 195x10 / 175x10

Drag Curls 60x10 / 80x10 / 100x10 (First time ever doing this exercise)

Reverse Grip Cable Curls (FST-7) 150x8 / 135x10 / 120x10 / 105x10 / 90x10 / 75x10
60x10

Notes:
- one of the best workouts i've had in a while for trashing my chest, it felt destroyed after the first exercise
- absolutely love drag curls!!!!
- feel like an alpha-male today!
Nice workout P, you are so fuggin strong man!

If your talking TestoPRO a lot a few of the people who logged it say there was not a big difference between 4 and 6. A extra dose of Divanil would not be a bad idea.
Cool I like the sound of that.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
I'm happy to report that my chest and biceps are trashed today!