Punthra's Contest Prep (DC Style Journey to the stage next June)

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks mang ;)...if yours goes anything like mine, you will be very pleased. Just dont expect anything spectacular until wk 3.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
So i'm tossing around the idea of running a FST-7 program starting tomorrow. Been doing lots of extra reading on it and it seems like something good to run for 8 weeks until i'm totally healed and prepared to run a DC program again. I want to be injury free for my next run of DC as i've found it brutal on the body but supplies awesome results! Any thoughts?

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You know what's gonna work best for you man. We are all taking notes from you teach!

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the support Met! I was just wondering whether anyone had given fst-7 a real run and what there thoughts of it were.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know Im just being supportive :)

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
I forgot to mention how happy i am with the gains i made from my microdrol run.....My weight sits at 245 as of this morning and most of my added strength has been maintained. Really amped to see what Ghenerate and LG's new joint supplement can do for me. Hopefully i'll hear from Liftergym today as to what is going on with my shipment.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I bet Ghenerate would be good to maintain gains off a cycle.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
That's what i'm thinking.....I went out and bought myself a bottle of Anadraulic State to tide me over until the GHenerate gets here. Had my first workout with it on saturday and i absolutely killed it.

Numbers:

Close Grip Chinups bw x10 / bw+45lbs x 7 / bw+90lbs x4 / bw x10
Old School T-Bar Rows 90x10 / 135x10 / 180x10 / 225x8 (weight doesn't include bar)
One Arm Hammer Strength Wide Grip Pulldowns 90x10 / 135x10 / 180x6 / (Two Arm)
180x15
Undergrip Rack Rows (variation of rack chins only a row) bw x10 / bw x10 / bw x10

Notes:
- forgot how much i love anadraulic state
- felt strong as an ox on all exercises

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
First off - hella sess bro!

Second - jealous. I love me some AS.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
It's probably my favourite supp right now.....Shoulder is still sore in a few positions but i've figured out which exercises work or don't work to train around it. Thanks for the support.:cheers:

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Shoulders / Traps

Dumbbell Upright Rows 40x10 / 50x10 / 60x10 / 70x7 dropset/ 35x12 (Ouch)

Smith Machine Military Presses 135x12 / 185x12 / 235x10 (shoulder did not hurt which is a bonus, i'll start pushing it next week!!!!)

Incline Rear Laterals 20x10 / 25x8 / 30x6 dropset/ 15x12

Barbell Shrugs sup/ Dumbbell Shrugs 135x12 & 80x12 / 225x10 & 100x10 / 315x8 & 120x8

Paramount Machine Laterals (FST-7) 160x10 / 160x10 / 160x10 / 140x10 / 140x10 / 120x10 / 120x10

Notes:
- kind of smiled a bit when i had trouble fitting into the lateral machine, it took me eight years to get that wide so i'm proud
- happy to report that my shoulder is feeling better and better, plus the knee is back to normal
- Really enjoying the FST-7 training, can't wait to see the results

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Where is everybody?! Nice workout brozef

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Most of my logs are like this.....I keep plugging away and slapping up numbers but other than you, g-money, and SWG, no one really follows along. Oh well, at least i have a great training log to reference from.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Let more people in on your madness bro! This log is a huge inspiration! Give yourself more credit!

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
How am i supposed to let people know about this log? Quick update....My chest, shoulders, and biceps are absolutely trashed. Which is telling me that this program is going to be a blast.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
PMs mang

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Not a bad idea...I'll try that and see what happens.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Sweet thanks bro....The extra support always helps.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for hitting me up with the link, I'm here to follow along bro! Keep killing it :thumbsup:

//CC

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ahh sheet! It'sa party now!
:djparty:

Teg

Teg

Awards
  • Established
I just came across this horribly wonderful log! What now Pun?? HA! Good to see a PUN log goin down!!!

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Good to have you here.....I hope all is well.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Big P! I am in like Flynn just read the whole log, nice numbers man! I looked at FST-7, it honestly looks a lot like old schoold GVT(German Volume Training) That stuff was the Shiz!!!!! You get sore like a whore that forgot to pay her pimp. Lots of muscle gain, and weights are lighter, they have to be with the slow pace of the reps. Joints will benefit from it the pumps are so ridiculous they almost hurt. Kinda like DC stretch via pump which is part of the premise. Would aslo be amazing to do while on Ghenerate because of the rep speed and how slow reps increase GH production anyway. I haven't actually done the FST-7 but what I did read it looked great. I have a freind who swears by it. Since I am trying to fight sometime this coming year also, I am trying not to kill any one body part to where it becomes useless and the first few weeks of those slow killer reps is so unreal on DOMS, that I didn't go any further with it.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
How am i supposed to let people know about this log? Quick update....My chest, shoulders, and biceps are absolutely trashed. Which is telling me that this program is going to be a blast.
You can put the URL in your signature. I have a thread of links to my logs and I put the link to that thread in my signature.

Since I am but a lowly member I can not put a true link in my sig but anyone can copy and paste the url from my signature into the address bar. I also asked a lot of the people I frequent there logs if they minded if I put a link to my log in theirs. You got killer numbers and great consistency, both things that are good for others to read and see as an example. Heck my logs are not as busy as the other guys though.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for joining Mrkleen....I'll probably be using your contest knowledge as i start getting closer to competition time. Right now it's all about the bulk!!! Would like to hit 255lbs by christmas. I think it's doable but it's going to take some dedication and butt loads of food.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Well, i still don't have my ghenerate or joint complex but i'm still plugging away.....Joints have felt great so i decided to push it a bit today.

Back / Triceps

Wide Grip Chinups BW x10 / BW x10 / BWx7 (Reps were slow and controlled, tremendous pump right away)

Barbell Rows (Dorian Style - underhand grip, seventy degree angle and pull to belly button) 135x10 / 185x10 / 235x10 / 285x7 strip set w/ 185x12

One Arm Hammer Strength Rows 90x10 / 135x8 / 180x5 (form was absolute **** and i'm embarrassed that i even attempted this weight.....Damn Ego!!!) Strip set with 90x10

Cable Pullovers (FST-7) 75x10 85x10 95x10 105x10 115x10 125x10 135x10 (Amazing pump)

Incline Skullcrushers 115x10 135x10 155x6

Reverse Grip Cable Pressdowns 90x10 95x10 100x10 105x10 110x10 115x10 120x10

Notes:
- triceps will now be done on shoulders day....way to gassed from the crazy back workout
- really enjoyed the dorian rows as the seem to pull more at the lats than just the middle of the back
- my chinning strength sucked period....but i seem to get more out of the exercise than i did before ( i guess that`s the tradeoff)
- can`t wait to train legs tomorrow as i feel confident that i can return to squatting tomorrow plus i`ve got a buddy from the gym coming in to train with me (i`m competitive so i`ll probably going to end up trying to destroy him in the gym tomorrwo)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well, i still don't have my ghenerate or joint complex but i'm still plugging away.....Joints have felt great so i decided to push it a bit today.

Back / Triceps

Wide Grip Chinups BW x10 / BW x10 / BWx7 (Reps were slow and controlled, tremendous pump right away)

Barbell Rows (Dorian Style - underhand grip, seventy degree angle and pull to belly button) 135x10 / 185x10 / 235x10 / 285x7 strip set w/ 185x12

One Arm Hammer Strength Rows 90x10 / 135x8 / 180x5 (form was absolute **** and i'm embarrassed that i even attempted this weight.....Damn Ego!!!) Strip set with 90x10

Cable Pullovers (FST-7) 75x10 85x10 95x10 105x10 115x10 125x10 135x10 (Amazing pump)

Incline Skullcrushers 115x10 135x10 155x6

Reverse Grip Cable Pressdowns 90x10 95x10 100x10 105x10 110x10 115x10 120x10

Notes:
- triceps will now be done on shoulders day....way to gassed from the crazy back workout
- really enjoyed the dorian rows as the seem to pull more at the lats than just the middle of the back
- my chinning strength sucked period....but i seem to get more out of the exercise than i did before ( i guess that`s the tradeoff)
- can`t wait to train legs tomorrow as i feel confident that i can return to squatting tomorrow plus i`ve got a buddy from the gym coming in to train with me (i`m competitive so i`ll probably going to end up trying to destroy him in the gym tomorrwo)
Don't forget you have increased your weight on chins because you are bigger. Beastly workout bro!

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Ya, i didn't really look at it that way.....

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I always keep that into consideration...makes me feel better about myself :)

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
lol.....met you always leave me laughing!

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
I'll headutt with ya anytime brotha. Subbed for bein a meathead!

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Nice to have you along for the ride big man. Your weight right now is actually my target weight for christmas.....Fingers crossed!

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
U'll be up there for sure..Just wait till you start poppin those LG supps!!

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
ya, i'm hoping so.....as long as those supps show up.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Puntha,

before you been blasting on any program you need to let any existing injuries heal up. i made this mistake doing Dc and kept pushing though it until the pain was so bad I could not do any thing..and I had to take a whole year off of upper body to let it heal.

also warmups are important..rotator cuff exercises. LIGHT stretching..warmups in general even before you start the warmup weight to the first set..

I done my share of Dc am doing it now. do not try to train around the injury or use props toget though the injury like knee wraps elbow wraps..even joint supplements(although they are use ful) give it time to get it healed up if it means "crusing for a few weeks or taking time off.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
That's what i've been doing my friend....I'm looking to return to DC once everything is back to normal. The program i'm running is alot more laid back by my standards but it's still getting the job done. I have trained around the injury, just because that is what allowed me to heal quicker the last time injured my shoulder. I have been doing rotator work before every workout and stretching after my workout. I've also been doing heated stretching with a heating pad or in the shower do to it allowing a larger range of motion.

I'll be heading into the gym to train legs today (yes, their back to normal). I have a young guy at the gym who thinks he can keep up to me or possibly beat me. I told him he shouldn't judge my last two weeks of leg training as how i train my legs because i've been babying my knees for the last two weeks.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's what i've been doing my friend....I'm looking to return to DC once everything is back to normal. The program i'm running is alot more laid back by my standards but it's still getting the job done. I have trained around the injury, just because that is what allowed me to heal quicker the last time injured my shoulder. I have been doing rotator work before every workout and stretching after my workout. I've also been doing heated stretching with a heating pad or in the shower do to it allowing a larger range of motion.

I'll be heading into the gym to train legs today (yes, their back to normal). I have a young guy at the gym who thinks he can keep up to me or possibly beat me. I told him he shouldn't judge my last two weeks of leg training as how i train my legs because i've been babying my knees for the last two weeks.
whats the new program?? Have I missed it somewhere in this thread?

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
I've been doing FST-7 instead of DC right now do to joint issues. The only day i won't be doing FST-7 for is legs as i already have crazy workouts to begin with.

Legs

Front Squats 135x10 / 185x10 / 235x10 / 285x8 (Could have went heavier but i think i'll take it slow for now)

Leg Press (Centuries) 90x10 / 180x20 / 270x30 / 360x40 (Went back down the same way right after the heaviest set....Oh the pain!!!)

One Leg Hamstring Curls sup/ Rope Cable Stiff Legged Deadlifts 60x10 & 105x10 / 80x8 & 135x10 / 100x5 & 165x10

One Leg Extensions 60x12 / 75x12 (Done Super Slow to destroy them)

Toe Presses 200x10 / 300x10 / 400x10

Seated Calf Raises 90x10 / 135x10 / 180x10 / 225x10

Notes:

- nice to be able to smash legs properly today
- Knee only hurt on one leg extensions
- i've had a full body pump all day long today for some reason and i absolutely love it!
- i think i wore out the young guy today as his counting was quite off on the centuries....i didn't say anything as he was clearly kicking the **** out of himself
- it's been a amazing week of training and i'm quite happy with the results

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
I've been doing FST-7 instead of DC right now do to joint issues. The only day i won't be doing FST-7 for is legs as i already have crazy workouts to begin with.

Legs

Front Squats 135x10 / 185x10 / 235x10 / 285x8 (Could have went heavier but i think i'll take it slow for now)

Leg Press (Centuries) 90x10 / 180x20 / 270x30 / 360x40 (Went back down the same way right after the heaviest set....Oh the pain!!!)

One Leg Hamstring Curls sup/ Rope Cable Stiff Legged Deadlifts 60x10 & 105x10 / 80x8 & 135x10 / 100x5 & 165x10

Notes:

- i've had a full body pump all day long today for some reason and i absolutely love it!
- i think i wore out the young guy today as his counting was quite off on the centuries....i didn't say anything as he was clearly kicking the **** out of himself
Solid solid numbers for sure. The cool thing is not only did you let him work with you, but now the young fella will have a goal that'll last quite a long time. I gotta beat Punthra!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Legs

Notes:

My best set of centuries to date I got 28 out of the set that was supposed to make it to 50 with 5 plates per side, I was full on in the peak of an Asteroid Stack though. WHEW it was ridiculous!!!! By the way nice numbers man!

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys!! I totally agree with you flex, I thought it was great to train with him yesterday as it fired me up to go that much harder and i got to give him a hand with his training which is something i wish more bodybuilders would take the time to do. Stuff like that i think is good for our sport as it is already looked at as a self-absorbed testosterone fueled sport (which i think is the best one out there!!!!). I had people who tweaked my training along the way so I think it's only right that i help others as well. Sort of a pay it forward for bodybuilding.

On another note, i have crazy DOMS in my legs today, so i'll be spending the day with my wife watching movies. Hamstrings are especially sore. Man, I sure hope that my LG supps show up soon so i can add them in to the crazy results i'm getting from Anadraulic State right now. Body seems to be recomping a bit right now.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks guys!! I totally agree with you flex, I thought it was great to train with him yesterday as it fired me up to go that much harder and i got to give him a hand with his training which is something i wish more bodybuilders would take the time to do. Stuff like that i think is good for our sport as it is already looked at as a self-absorbed testosterone fueled sport (which i think is the best one out there!!!!). I had people who tweaked my training along the way so I think it's only right that i help others as well. Sort of a pay it forward for bodybuilding.

On another note, i have crazy DOMS in my legs today, so i'll be spending the day with my wife watching movies. Hamstrings are especially sore. Man, I sure hope that my LG supps show up soon so i can add them in to the crazy results i'm getting from Anadraulic State right now. Body seems to be recomping a bit right now.
Got any pics of you as big as you are now? You must look like a beast!!!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
only nudes :sly:

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Actually don't have a camera right now. I'll try to get some new pictures up soon.....my avatar is from early in the summer so there is definite improvements from then.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Actually don't have a camera right now. I'll try to get some new pictures up soon.....my avatar is from early in the summer so there is definite improvements from then.
Nice, you Sir are a BEAST!

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Well I tried a Dorian workout today, as written in MD magazine.....with a few tweaks of my own.

Back

Atlantis Machine Pullovers 250x10 / 250x10 / 250x10 (This are done to pre-exhaust the lats and it definitely worked)

Close Grip Pulldowns 200x10 / 230x10 / 260x8 w/ dropset 130x16 (lats burnt out very quick, but i had one hell of a pump)

T-Bar Rows 135x10 / 180x10 / 225x9 (weight doesn't include the bar)

Rack Deadlifts 135x10 / 225x10 / 315x10 / 405x10

Undergrip / Overgrip Bodyweight Rows (FST-7) BW x10 / BW x10 / BW x10 / BW x10
BW x10 / BW x8 / BW x8 (Alternated between the two grips done in almost the same fashion as Rack Chins only in a rowing position)

Notes:
- felt good to deadlift again
- pre-exhaust definitely helped hit my lats a little more effectively, but i won`t be doing this workout all the time as i feel it would lose it`s effectiveness quickly
- still loving my anadraulic state....it`s by far the best pre-WO supp. out there

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Jebus bro... I just saw your centuries leg press... my legs started shaking just thinking about attempting that. Keep it up, you'll hit 255 no problem!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice workout P! Keep killing it!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well I tried a Dorian workout today, as written in MD magazine.....with a few tweaks of my own.

Back

Atlantis Machine Pullovers 250x10 / 250x10 / 250x10 (This are done to pre-exhaust the lats and it definitely worked)

Close Grip Pulldowns 200x10 / 230x10 / 260x8 w/ dropset 130x16 (lats burnt out very quick, but i had one hell of a pump)

T-Bar Rows 135x10 / 180x10 / 225x9 (weight doesn't include the bar)

Rack Deadlifts 135x10 / 225x10 / 315x10 / 405x10

Undergrip / Overgrip Bodyweight Rows (FST-7) BW x10 / BW x10 / BW x10 / BW x10
BW x10 / BW x8 / BW x8 (Alternated between the two grips done in almost the same fashion as Rack Chins only in a rowing position)

Notes:
- felt good to deadlift again
- pre-exhaust definitely helped hit my lats a little more effectively, but i won`t be doing this workout all the time as i feel it would lose it`s effectiveness quickly
- still loving my anadraulic state....it`s by far the best pre-WO supp. out there
how are you feeling? I would imagine like a truck ran over you(beat up)

That is some heavy weight on the rack deads. i am doing 365- 8 x's last time, below knee/upper shin