Protein powder for oatmeal?

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
Anyone have a good recommendation to a powder protein to add to my oatmeal in the mornings?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Any powder you like as a shake should be good in oats. I will tell you some taste better in Overnight Oats, and some in warm. Do you eat your oats Warm or Cold ?

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
PES Select is a whey casein blend and mixes really thick which I like in oats.

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I use both whey and casein but the one that seems to thicken my overnight oats well is the Dymatize Elite Casein. They make a cinnamon bun flavor that is awesome in oatmeal and even better with a few raisins tossed in.

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I like Redcon1 MRE lite - Banana Nut bread and bluberry muffin flavors.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If you like it thick, this stuff is awesome. If you decide to order I may be able to find a Coupon Code

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
Any powder you like as a shake should be good in oats. I will tell you some taste better in Overnight Oats, and some in warm. Do you eat your oats Warm or Cold ?
Warm with water.

I was hoping someone did the leg work and figure out which powders hopefully peanut butter flavor that mixed well with oats.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Warm with water.

I was hoping someone did the leg work and figure out which powders hopefully peanut butter flavor that mixed well with oats.
#1 Ghost Nutter Butter !!

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
PES Select Snickerdoodle is pretty good in oatmeal.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I haven't tried this one but can say that both PES Peanut Butter Cookie and Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup are excellent.
Agree!

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
Any protein powder you like. Personally im a SELECT guy myself and they have a product thats made for oats.

Never heard of this company. Looks interesting.

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I throw a half a cup of dry oats, 2 scoops of whey, and 16-20oz of water into my shaker and drink it (chew) on my way to work.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ketogenics Zero Carb Protein is a whey isolate and micellar casein combination and I really like it mixed with oatmeal or blended with oats. They have a bunch of flavors and I haven't tried it with all of them, but its really good with their Cinnamon Roll, Iced Oatmeal and Strawberry. Their Fruity Cereal IsoWhey goes really good in Oatmeal too.

I don't experiment with different brands a lot because I have food allergies and I've ran into cross contamination issues with some brands; so I stick mostly with Ketogenics and Trutein for protein. Trutein is good but thick, so I haven't tried it with oats; but for people that like thick proteins, it may be great in them.

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I use both whey and casein but the one that seems to thicken my overnight oats well is the Dymatize Elite Casein. They make a cinnamon bun flavor that is awesome in oatmeal and even better with a few raisins tossed in.
This sounded so good that ordered the overnight oats and Dymatize casein cinnamon bun protein. Just came in tonight so having my first serving tomorrow morning.

Do you add the protein in the morning, and then eat it hot or cold?

I’ve never eaten much oatmeal so trying something new here.

mark031111

Awards
I'd recommend trying out some whey protein powder. It mixes in smoothly and comes in lots of delicious flavors. Remember to go for a trusted brand with fewer additives for the healthiest option! 🥣💪

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
I'd recommend trying out some whey protein powder. It mixes in smoothly and comes in lots of delicious flavors. Remember to go for a trusted brand with fewer additives for the healthiest option! 🥣💪
What brand you recommend?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I just opened up this jug of Revolution High Whey, the flavor is pretty good (Chocolate Banana Cream Pie) in my Over Night Proates. I don't know much about the brand or quality of it, but they do have some really good sales!

Revolution.jpg

lamarclark09

Awards
‘Vega Essential Plant Based Protein Powder’ would be my recommendation.

sledge84

Awards
60 Grams oats microwave 2 min 15 sec then add 1 scoop Vanilla Dymatize Elite 100% whey, 1 serving PBfit and 3g Stevia. Heavenly

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
60 Grams oats microwave 2 min 15 sec then add 1 scoop Vanilla Dymatize Elite 100% whey, 1 serving PBfit and 3g Stevia. Heavenly
Sounds good

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
This sounded so good that ordered the overnight oats and Dymatize casein cinnamon bun protein. Just came in tonight so having my first serving tomorrow morning.

Do you add the protein in the morning, and then eat it hot or cold?

I’ve never eaten much oatmeal so trying something new here.
Sorry just seen this. Hope you like the Cinnamon Bun. I mix up my oats, protein powder and either regular milk or nut milk and let it setup overnight. I normally eat it cold but I have threw it in the micorwave the next morning and heated it up a bit.