Oatmeal bars without protein powder?

Random181

Awards
  • Established
I was wondering whether anyone had any imput for these, I need to eat a lot of fats/carbs due to my diet and was wondering whether anyone had any recipes for oat type bars that dont need protein powder? like a peanut butter, oats, raising, fruit that sort of thing....

UKStrength

I was wondering whether anyone had any imput for these, I need to eat a lot of fats/carbs due to my diet and was wondering whether anyone had any recipes for oat type bars that dont need protein powder? like a peanut butter, oats, raising, fruit that sort of thing....
Ever tried making flapjacks?

Flapjacks

Ingredients

Brown Sugar - 80g
Butter - 40g
Margarine - 60g
Oats - 250g
Salt - pinch
Banana - 1
Honey - 3tbsp
Raisins - 3tbsp

Directions

1. Melt the butter and the Margarine in a deep saucepan over a very low heat
2. add the brown sugar and 3 tablespoons of honey and mix well until you have a liquid substance.
3. Mix in the oats, if you find it easier add them in gradually stirring and covering the oats with the mixture
4. add a pinch of salt.
5. Mash the banana into a liquid pulp and mix into the oats (this will take a good few minutes to ensure that the banana is fully mixed in).
6. Get a knife and spread the oats evenly over a baking tray.
7. Place the baking tray onto the middle shelf in a preheated oven (gas mark 5, 220 C) and bake for 15 minutes, checking the progress regularly. Take out when the mixture starts turning a darker colour.
8. Stand for a minute or two, cut the flapjack into as many pieces as you wish
9. You may find it best to leave the flapjack for a few hours to cool down although you can eat them straight away.

Well tasty :)

Random181

Awards
  • Established
You my friend, are a legend! thanks a bunch:)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mindgame Nutrition / Health 27
DK0313 Recipes 0
DK0313 Recipes 0
DK0313 Recipes 0
Ari Gold Product Reviews 0