Prohormones to Become Schedule III Drugs

PsYoP78

Awards
There is action in congress right now to make Prohormones classified as a Schedule III drug, making it illegal to purchase, posess, or use prohormones and under the jurisdiction of the DEA. Check out this article for more info: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/legalmuscle5.htm.

I encourage you to write your senators and representatives to let them know this is unacceptable. Check out http://www.congress.org to get the details on how to contact them.

Here's the letter I sent to my people in Congress...

My concern is mounting about new Congressional efforts against dietary supplements, such as S. 722, H.R. 207, and Senator Biden's S. 1780. These bills would strike a devastating blow to American freedom to pursue life to it’s fullest. While intended to address concerns over sports doping and the teen use of muscle-building steroid precursors, they would actually wipe out a wide variety of healthful products.

In particular, the elimination of steroidal precursors is confusing to me. These supplements help my body increase it’s natural capability to produce testosterone. Increased levels of testosterone have been proven to improve the quality and longevity of life. This increase can occur by a variety of dietary means through the use of whole foods and supplemental aids. Additionally, there are some undesired side effects of increased levels of testosterone, however I have personally weighed the negative impacts against the opportunity to live a stronger, longer life and have come to the conclusion that they are appropriate for my lifestyle.

I agree with your colleagues concerns that there are serious problems with young people focusing on increasing their levels of testosterone as their bodies have not yet stabilized in general. However, I struggle to find any substantial evidence that steroidal precursors have significant negative effects. Further, I cannot begin to understand how steroidal precursors would fall into Schedule III drugs as there is absolutely no evidence of addictive qualities.

In FDA’s own white paper on androstenedione, there is no direct evidence regarding the impact of androstenedione. In lieu of scientific evidence, they have gathered their information from “reports in the media” and “by word of mouth, e.g., within the athletic community.” Not only is it unacceptable that the agency be utilizing the rumor mill to be making such wide-sweeping conclusions, I am irritated that my tax dollars are funding an agency that now performs studies using Internet chat rooms and locker rooms rather than laboratories.

Until there is conclusive scientific data in this matter, it is premature and inappropriate for you and your colleagues to entertain stripping me and my fellow Americans of the opportunity to make our lives stronger and longer.

Beyond androstenedione, there are a variety of supplements that I have found to be effective in helping me develop home remedies and avoid the constantly increasing cost of pharmaceuticals. For example, as a sufferer of asthma, I may loose my freedom to utilize Ephedra if S. 722 were passed and be forced to use pharmaceutical alternatives that many times the price of Ephedra without any increase in effectiveness.

I have been and continue to be concerned about the safety of dietary supplement products on the market. I too want unsafe products prohibited. I too want marketing that targets age-appropriate consumers. And age restrictions on sales of products that are inappropriate for adolescents

However, I don't want a diverse and varied spectrum of products categorically banned without any specific or individual review of their safety or merits. I strongly urge your vote against these anti-supplement bills, and your willingness instead to use prudence and collective efforts in coordination with the nutritional supplement industry and scientific community to ensure the safety of all Americans while ensuring we are protecting our freedom to pursue the longest and strongest life in the greatest nation on God’s green Earth – America.

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
Excellent post. Everyone needs to be e-mailing their reps / senators and let them know you don't want your freedoms taken away.

Don't set there and think someone else will do it....WE ALL HAVE TO ACT IN ORDER TO SAVE OUR RIGHTS!

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
There is also a quick copy/paste form on the BB.com link above...we can all do something to stop this, or sit around complaining to the wind. I sent my form...will you?

Rokdog

Awards
There is also a quick copy/paste form on the BB.com link above...we can all do something to stop this, or sit around complaining to the wind. I sent my form...will you?
I'm not sure that it is possible to stop this but I sent my letter in. :(

PsYoP78

Awards
By the way, if you want to see where FDA has said that there's no direct evidence regarding the impact of Andro and that they make their conclusions by watching TV and ratting on chat boards and in locker rooms, here's a link to their White Paper on Andro... http://www.fda.gov/oc/whitepapers/andro.html.

...there is strong, though indirect, biochemical evidence of likely site-of-action conversion of circulating andro to active sex hormones to mediate its diverse tissue effects. We gather from reports in the media that anecdotal evidence of anabolic response is plentiful, though available only by word of mouth, e.g., within the athletic community.

azgymrat

Awards
Personaly I think there is a clause in the constitution sighting equal protection under the law. There is no movement in congress to ban estrogen precursors and estrogen replacement for women that are going through menopause. Seems to me anything that has to do with what makes men, men is going to be baned and therefore any estrogen treatment should be as well. I can just imagine the uproar that would cause with all the blue haired ladies in the retirement communities. Perhaps we are having the wrong people write, they could give a crap about weightlifters because they are not a traditionaly powerful voting block. If the old ladies knew they wouldn't be getting any any more because the old men lost their testosterone replacement treatments and woody won't come out to play anymore, perhaps these yeahoos in Washington would pay attention.

gobig1

Awards
Personaly I think there is a clause in the constitution sighting equal protection under the law. There is no movement in congress to ban estrogen precursors and estrogen replacement for women that are going through menopause. Seems to me anything that has to do with what makes men, men is going to be baned and therefore any estrogen treatment should be as well. I can just imagine the uproar that would cause with all the blue haired ladies in the retirement communities. Perhaps we are having the wrong people write, they could give a crap about weightlifters because they are not a traditionaly powerful voting block. If the old ladies knew they wouldn't be getting any any more because the old men lost their testosterone replacement treatments and woody won't come out to play anymore, perhaps these yeahoos in Washington would pay attention.
Agree 100%, trying a different angle may be the trick pony we need.

As for writing your Reps, try this.........

http://www.house.gov/writerep/

azgymrat

Awards
Gobig1, "Life is a test" in your signiture is about to be disproved, they are instructing us on what to do and where to go. I have a tremendous urge to tell them where to go! :saw:

gobig1

Awards
Gobig1, "Life is a test" in your signiture is about to be disproved, they are instructing us on what to do and where to go. I have a tremendous urge to tell them where to go! :saw:
LIFE IS A TEST, IT IS ONLY A TEST. YET, SOME BEAUROCRATIC ASSHOLES WANT TO INTERJECT MEANINGLESS RULES AND REGULATIONS INTO MY LIFE TRYING TO ATTACH THEIR UNEDUCATED AGENDAS TO THE PEOPLE, THE PEOPLE KNOW. THEY WILL RISE AND THEY WILL CONQUER.

azgymrat

Awards
LIFE IS A TEST, IT IS ONLY A TEST. YET, SOME BEAUROCRATIC ASSHOLES WANT TO INTERJECT MEANINGLESS RULES AND REGULATIONS INTO MY LIFE TRYING TO ATTACH THEIR UNEDUCATED AGENDAS TO THE PEOPLE, THE PEOPLE KNOW. THEY WILL RISE AND THEY WILL CONQUER.
Beatle's song - You Say You Want A Revolution!

Sldge

Super Lab Rat
Awards
  • Established
AZ you might have agood point, Ill send that along to Rick and see what he says. The letters may not stop what is going on abut the more they get the better chance there is for a delay. The longer teh delay the more time there is to bring things out. Lets say there are 5000 memebers on this site, that is a lot of mail.