Not open for further replies.
mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I will try and explain myself in a different way-

If a guy were to punch you in the face for being a snide smart ass, the news wouldn't report that he also happens to enjoy pot. The focus would be on the act they pursued him over. ;)

So why focus on the transdermals so much?
Not even talking about the transedermals. It not surprisedthat u guys got busted if you really think you could go around placing ads for "the safest steroid ever made" and not have any recourse....I think that was the bigger concern than the transdermal situation for them. Either way PP was selling misrepresented products and were not following current label laws.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I will try and explain myself in a different way-

If a guy were to punch you in the face for being a snide smart ass, the news wouldn't report that he also happens to enjoy pot. The focus would be on the act they pursued him over. ;)

So why focus on the transdermals so much?
u said this wasnt about transdermals. or one of you guys did

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
i believe he gets charged with intent to deceive or something along those lines
if represent a substance as being a controlled substance and get caught u get charged with selling a controlled substance. and they calculate your penalty on a weight basis of what you sold. irregardless of whether it was 100 percent cocaine or 100 percent talcum powder

Reactions: mw1
Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
I took androlean last yr and the only thing it did was lighten my wallet I was sad panda

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Either way PP was selling misrepresented products and were not following current label laws.
I'm done with this back and forth. I forgot that back when CEL was around, hormones could be sold as "Dietary Supplements." ****ing Pot calling the kettle black.

u said this wasnt about transdermals. or one of you guys did
That was my point, I was countering going deeper into what I said about transdermals as it didn't matter.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ours were sold as cosmetics, which is why there wasn't the same ingredient label you see on dietary supplements.
I used those in my bath, if you didn't you missed out.

I don't know what you are trying to prove with these comments. I can state at this point with 100% certainty it had nothing to do with the transdermal gels. So we can all keep making guesses as if we know what happened, or we can wait things out.

I am not going to provide any information, but I am under impression the company will at some point in the near future.
I'm done with this back and forth. I forgot that back when CEL was around, hormones could be sold as "Dietary Supplements." ****ing Pot calling the kettle black.

That was my point, I was countering going deeper into what I said about transdermals as it didn't matter.
Well dont BS and cry about the injustice when you know that PP brought it on themselves.
As for CEL, have you checked the current status of that situation?;)

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well dont BS and cry about the injustice when you know that PP brought it on themselves.
As for CEL, have you checked the current status of that situation?;)
Where i cry? I stated we attempted to play the game with topicals, just as you did with dietary supplements. I then made a sarcastic comment about bath salts, stated it had nothing to do with the transdermals, then stated I was done with the back and forth, yet you try to keep it going.

What happened with CEL?, Sister company sells bulk powders now and offer nothing unique to the market? or the "it's coming" displayed on the website for the revolutionary products you guys been talking about forever?

But honestly, I have no idea why I am allowing myself to keep being dragged into this. I have this wonderful liberation of just not giving a **** now, so carry on, say what you would like to say.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
i think it has a little more to do with the transdermals.......to the best of my knowledge, they are a bit of a "grey area" within the supp industry/DSHEA.

that being said.....i would agree; FDA has more important things to be doing than raiding supp companies.
Yeah.

We just learned about transdermals last week in my FDA regulations class.

It's unfortunate. I'm sorry to hear you guys got raided. Yet another step into things that the govt. shouldn't be doing.... More important things to focus on IMO.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Where i cry? I stated we attempted to play the game with topicals, just as you did with dietary supplements. I then made a sarcastic comment about bath salts, stated it had nothing to do with the transdermals, then stated I was done with the back and forth, yet you try to keep it going.

What happened with CEL?, Sister company sells bulk powders now and offer nothing unique to the market? or the "it's coming" displayed on the website for the revolutionary products you guys been talking about forever?

But honestly, I have no idea why I am allowing myself to keep being dragged into this. I have this wonderful liberation of just not giving a **** now, so carry on, say what you would like to say.
I can understand you're upset but throwing insults at other companies because their business model includes bulk products more so over "innovative" products is unnecessary.

Best of luck in this unfortunate situation.

Reactions: mw1

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Nothing unique eh? I have bookmarked this thread so I can bump it in 8 months ;)

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

You wash your mouth sir! I love my cycle assist and pct assist. :-D

Sorry just trying to add some humor to an unnecessary battle. Both companies earned my business and respect.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nothing unique eh? I have bookmarked this thread so I can bump it in 8 months ;)
Love this comment! Let the games begin! I need me some CEL! I was the guy buying Hdrol for 2-3 times the original price just to stick with what I knew worked.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Love this comment! Let the games begin! I need me some CEL! I was the guy buying Hdrol for 2-3 times the original price just to stick with what I knew worked.
Wow.

Paging Celorza to the thread. He is going to be one happy camper.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have a question. Did the FDA raid PP because it is their opinion that the DHEA isomers sold by companies like PP are illegal to sell, or do they recognize those substances as being legal dietary supplements and they suspect that PP was engaged in something illicit (I.e., essentially taking the position of, "We don't mind if they sell DHEA isomers, but we suspect that those products are just a front for selling illegal steroids")?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I have a question. Did the FDA raid PP because it is their opinion that the DHEA isomers sold by companies like PP are illegal to sell, or do they recognize those substances as being legal dietary supplements and they suspect that PP was engaged in something illicit (I.e., essentially taking the position of, "We don't mind if they sell DHEA isomers, but we suspect that those products are just a front for selling illegal steroids")?
I'm not sure that modifications to a DSHEA compound result in a DSHEA compound. Like if I put a methyl group on the alpha carbon of PEA (just kidding!)

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm not sure that modifications to a DSHEA compound result in a DSHEA compound. Like if I put a methyl group on the alpha carbon of PEA (just kidding!)
LOL. That's primarily what I'm curious about -- are DHEA isomers such as 1-DHEA still legal in the same sense that DHEA is legal, or are they now illegal substances? As far as I know, the FDA hasn't announced taking a stance on the issue either way...

daft205

daft205

Awards
  • Established
if represent a substance as being a controlled substance and get caught u get charged with selling a controlled substance. and they calculate your penalty on a weight basis of what you sold. irregardless of whether it was 100 percent cocaine or 100 percent talcum powder
"Irregardless" really, pat?

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL. That's primarily what I'm curious about -- are DHEA isomers such as 1-DHEA still legal in the same sense that DHEA is legal, or are they now illegal substances? As far as I know, the FDA hasn't announced taking a stance on the issue either way...
1-dhea, 4-dhea, 19nor dhea are all dshea compliant, and natural, it's the ester that was attached and added on that isn't found naturally, and could be a liability...possibly?

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1-dhea, 4-dhea, 19nor dhea are all dshea compliant, and natural, it's the ester that was attached and added on that isn't found naturally, and could be a liability...possibly?
Pat had presented on one of the boards (as you can imagine I am between so many, I can't remember where I have read anything over past 2 days) that the ester would be a fairly weak argument, given how an ester is not a permanent modification to the compound in the body, contrasted directly by the addition of a methyl group, which is.

Gym4Life

Awards
  • Established
I hope primordial can fight this you did say you was ready If the FDA came if you can fight it and think you should win then do so ??? I'm sure people would donate and other companies if you think you could win ..

Just image this primordial takes on the FDA and wins well won't the FDA look the fool and maybe think twice bout taking supplements I mean if primordial win the case you can then sue them.

If you do decide to take them on ill donate :).

If not I hope you can carry on with a new natural line you already have great products like tcf1 and I'm sure with your unique delivery methods you could make natural products so much better.

Please survive this primordial one way or another :)

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
AndroFactory was not related to PP...

Simply an ex worker extracting info and producing a knock off product.

I am sure Pat got intentionally tagged on FB as the ex-worker knew Eric and I spoke highly of

him in our industry. They might even have a decent product if the backing/support is there.

I have nothing against them, just think their online presence is pretty terrible.

-Matt

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whats up with everyone attacking the word "irregardless" today...
Probably because its not really a word. Its like the "ain't" of intellectual vocabulary lol

I'm far from perfect and I know at the end of the day PA is way smarter than me so I wasn't going to be the one to point it out

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Truely a loss. An inovative company brought a different approach from transdermals to oral suspension and many others even offered consulatation (for a price). Sustain Alpha topical was a fav. going to be missed.

Freepress

Awards
I think it's a fairly safe bet that PP's aggressive, to the point marketing of these products as "androgens" and "steroids" is what attracted the attention of the feds. It is commendable that they were honest and above board about everything in their products and presented research-based explanations of conversion, absorption, the carrier composition and equivalencies to actual testosterone, but in the end, I'm sure it burned them.

DSHEA compliance is open to interpretation. Making claims about the purported pharmacological effects of what is supposed to be a dietary supplement has gotten more than a few companies in trouble.

But there is a lesson to be learned through all of this for anyone else in this game. Better play it safe and watch the marketing claims or you will have armed bureaucrats kicking your door in and confiscating your inventory. And always keep an attorney on retainer.

My heart is heavy for Eric, Jered, Matt, Winslow, HTS and the others. I cannot express how truly devastated I am over this. You guys have become friends through my time as a PP forum participant and our ability to share invaluable advice back and forth has been a tremendous benefit to so many people. There will be an empty place in my heart for sure.

Godspeed, Eric and others. Onward and upward to the next great achievement!

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
AndroFactory was not related to PP...

Simply an ex worker extracting info and producing a knock off product.

-Matt
In another thread they're saying Venus and Eric were in a ''relationship'' and were co-owners of PP until their breakup.

Daxter

Daxter

Awards
Wow, what a blatant abuse of power, absolutely sickening. Surely there's a fitness junkie lawyer out there who's willing to do some pro-bono work, with how dirty this whole situation sounds I wouldn't be surprised if they had abused the legal process somewhere along the way.

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
People are trying to guess why the Feds did this raid - there's no need to guess.

This is the modus operandi of the U.S. government when it wants to send messages and put people out of business.

It happened also with Gibson Guitars - who got raided by the Feds and a bunch of their inventory seized over bull**** claims they were using illegally obtained rare woods in their fretboards. Long story short, there were no grounds for the raid but the Feds knew that Gibson would have to spend a lot of time and money fighting to get their stuff back and fighting the bull**** fines. I think Gibson, which is a lot bigger company than PP is - ended up settling out of court. So the Feds essentially extorted money out of Gibson.

Same with PP, they were looking for a target within this industry and they picked PP for a raid. Matters not if PP is guilty of what they're saying or not - the effect they wanted was for PP to go down OR pay a ****-ton of money to them and now ... mission accomplished.

That's the plain and simple of it folks. You can guess all you want about "transdermals" and "cosmetics vs supplements" or whether or not they got targeted for their bold advertising.

The reason they were targeted is because they were successful and the Feds wanted to send a message to everyone out here that THEY ARE THE BOSSES in this brave new little fascist world we live in.

EDIT: Just one more thing. Some have mentioned that you can sue for damages and wrongful prosecution or whatever. I don't know if you can or not. What I DO know - is the **** birds in the Federal Government don't give a good gawddamn about "fines" because ...

WE ARE THE ONES WHO PAY THESE FINES WITH OUR TAX DOLLARS - and not the **** heads who executed the raid.

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
wow....just got an email that PP is going out of business because of this.....

Sisonpyh

Awards
Got the email within 5 minutes of being out :(. Never tried their products because I figured they would always be out and would keep updating them. Sad day for PP.

bigoz801

bigoz801

Awards
Damn dude this sucks ass! The only reason I didn't buy because it was so pricey but I guess that **** would have paid off!

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
They will bounce.back like SNS did

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pat had presented on one of the boards (as you can imagine I am between so many, I can't remember where I have read anything over past 2 days) that the ester would be a fairly weak argument, given how an ester is not a permanent modification to the compound in the body, contrasted directly by the addition of a methyl group, which is.
i see

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
They will bounce.back like SNS did
nothing happened to sns. but im sure eric isn't calling it quits, prob just cutting out primordial performance to make something that may end up being bigger and better.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i bet PP is done. they revolved there company around pro hormones and OTC PCT supplements. they claimed they didnt get much profit off of the products like MAP, iBCAA, creapure...etc my guess is they are done. they dont have enough money to fight the case either

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Didn't the boss of SNS get done for possession of steroids?

Status
Not open for further replies.