Prime 30day log

DrnkMnky

DrnkMnky

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Nice man! Up 20 lbs on 3 lifts must feel great, keep up the good progress!

smn1

smn1

Awards
DAY 15
Workout: 9-23-08
Workout intensity - 4/5
strength 4/5
overall feeling 4/5 - Basically added 5-10lbs on all of my exercises over my last chest & tri workout. Also added more exercises since I have been feeling more stamina. Pumps come really easy throughout the day.

Chest and tri's
flat BP 4sets x 10reps
incline BP 4sets x 15reps
cable crossover 4sets x 15 reps
pec deck 4 sets x 15 reps
--------------------------
closegrip BP on smith machine 4sets x 15 reps
cable pushdowns with tribar 4sets x 15 reps
over head tri bar 4sets x 15 reps
kick backs 4sets x 15reps

------------------------
ABS - 16sets x 20reps

Prime dosing: 2 morning - 2 lunch- 2 evening plus AP 15-30 min before meals. Purple wraath, WF and GM prework out drink.
WEIGHT morning 153LBS evening 157LBS
Up +3 Still holding the +3 pounds and looking leaner...

Leonidus

Awards
Log is lookin very good man. That's crazy the strength increases you are seeing. I am just starting second week, and the stamina is ridiculous to say the least, the strength is up as well.

I wonder if you are feeling the same as me though as far as stamina, and that is when you are done with a set of say bench, you almost feel as if you still haven't lifted it?? :think:.. I mean it's a crazy type of recovery that I have never felt before even using ph's.

smn1

smn1

Awards
Log is lookin very good man. That's crazy the strength increases you are seeing. I am just starting second week, and the stamina is ridiculous to say the least, the strength is up as well.

I wonder if you are feeling the same as me though as far as stamina, and that is when you are done with a set of say bench, you almost feel as if you still haven't lifted it?? :think:.. I mean it's a crazy type of recovery that I have never felt before even using ph's.
Yes same feeling...I make myself stop...

smn1

smn1

Awards
DAY 16
Workout: 9-24-08
Workout intensity - 4/5
strength 5/5
overall feeling 4/5 - Yet again I added 5-20lbs on all of my exercises over my last back and bi workout. Plus added more exercises even with the added weight. I am now up 4+lbs in just over 2 weeks while looking even leaner... My strength increase is really noticeable...

A summary of why +4lbs in 2 weeks is significant. I have maintained the exact same diet for months and months with the same weight of 150lbs. I am doing everything the same other than I added Prime 2x2x2 a day with meals, end result 4lbs in just over 2 weeks.....

back and bis
seated rows with v-bar 4sets x 15 reps
bentover rows on smith machine 4sets x 15 reps
lat pulldowns 4 setsx 15 reps
BD rows 4 sets x 15 reps
-------------------------
cable curls 4sets x 15 reps
hammer curls 4sets x 15 reps
preacher curls 4sets x 15 reps
DB curls 4setsx15reps

Prime dosing: 2 morning - 2 lunch- 2 evening plus AP 15-30 min before meals. Purple wraath, WF and GM prework out drink.
WEIGHT morning 154LBS evening 158LBS
Up +4lbs Hit the +4lbs this morning.....

Leonidus

Awards
DAY 16
Workout: 9-24-08
Workout intensity - 4/5
strength 5/5
overall feeling 4/5 - Yet again I added 5-20lbs on all of my exercises over my last back and bi workout. Plus added more exercises even with the added weight. I am now up 4+lbs in just over 2 weeks while looking even leaner... My strength increase is really noticeable...

A summary of why +4lbs in 2 weeks is significant. I have maintained the exact same diet for months and months with the same weight of 150lbs. I am doing everything the same other than I added Prime 2x2x2 a day with meals, end result 4lbs in just over 2 weeks.....

back and bis
lat pulldowns 4 setsx 15 reps
BD rows 4 sets x 15 reps
cable curls 4sets x 15 reps
hammer curls 4sets x 15 reps
DB curls 4setsx15reps

Up +4lbs Hit the +4lbs this morning.....
Damn crazy good lifts. Keep it up, and 4lbs increase in 2 weeks... with same diet, and workout.. thats .35lbs increase in lbm daily :O... and prime is the only thing you added... :dance:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah this stuff is the real deal I am sold, I had noticed my son had increased in size and I know he's getting stronger at a steady pace but last night he did a Crab most muscular and I was literally shocked. I don't think I have ever seen this much mass on him. It was freakin scary. This is less than 3 weeks on Prime!

smn1

smn1

Awards
Yah this stuff is the real deal I am sold, I had noticed my son had increased in size and I know he's getting stronger at a steady pace but last night he did a Crab most muscular and I was literally shocked. I don't think I have ever seen this much mass on him. It was freakin scary. This is less than 3 weeks on Prime!
Sounds like your son is getting the same type of results that I am.
Damn crazy good lifts. Keep it up, and 4lbs increase in 2 weeks... with same diet, and workout.. thats .35lbs increase in lbm daily :O... and prime is the only thing you added... :dance:
Yes, Prime is the only thing I have added..Prime is the real deal

Wolfenstein

Wolfenstein

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like your son is getting the same type of results that I am.

Yes, Prime is the only thing I have added..Prime is the real deal
Nice posts! Prime is Most complementary to a bulk phase with extra fats/carbs, keep the aminos high as well.

smn1

smn1

Awards
DAY 17
Workout: 9-25-08
Workout intensity - 3/5
strength 4/5
overall feeling 4/5 - Added 5-10lbs on all of my exercises over my last trap and shoulders workout. A increase in my strength is what I am noticing plus muscle fullness throughout the day. I am really Pumped about the +4lbs increase.

traps and shoulders
military press on smith machine 4sets x 15 reps
DB press 4sets x 15 reps
bent-over lateral raises 4sets x 15 reps
straight-arm pulldowns 4sets x 15 reps
------------------------------
bumbell shrugs 4sets x 15 reps
smith machine shrugs 4sets x 15 reps

-----------------------------------

abs 16sets x 20 reps

Up +4lbs .....

Leonidus

Awards
Nice posts! Prime is Most complementary to a bulk phase with extra fats/carbs, keep the aminos high as well.
Seems to be what everyone else is doing. But i'm actually running recreate/prime on a slow cut/recomp type of program. I'm using the prime in conjunction with the recreate to keep my strength gains/muscle mass, while im on a caloric deficiency. Really leanin out on this stuff, yet no loss in strength a week in on recreate, and 2 on prime. perhaps i should do a log?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Seems to be what everyone else is doing. But i'm actually running recreate/prime on a slow cut/recomp type of program. I'm using the prime in conjunction with the recreate to keep my strength gains/muscle mass, while im on a caloric deficiency. Really leanin out on this stuff, yet no loss in strength a week in on recreate, and 2 on prime. perhaps i should do a log?
That may be a good idea too, my son... and endo is eating just above maintenance and is experiencing good recomp effects he's adding lots of muscle and it getting leaner. Other body types on recomp may have to actually eat more like they were on a lean bulk I think. Look at what is happening with the ecto types, even on a hard bulk the tend to get a little leaner or don't gain fat at least. Any way you look at it I think it advisable to keep calories higher than you normally would in that situation. It's not about what your doing but how you do it.

smn1

smn1

Awards
DAY 18
Workout: 9-26-08
Workout intensity - 4/5
strength 5/5 another solid 5
overall feeling 5/5 - Week #3 for sure in the WTF week...
Added another +30lbs on my squat and another 20lbs on my leg press...My mind is telling me there is no way I should be adding that kind of weight but my legs just do the work and it was not really feeling that heavy.

50lbs increase in squats in less than 20days.
40lbs increase in leg press in less than 20 days.

Legs

leg extensions 4sets x 15 reps
squats 4sets x 10reps +30lbsfrom 245lbs to 275lbs
leg press 4sets x 10 reps +20lbs from 280lbs to 300lbs
lying leg curls 4sets x 10reps +5lbs

Up +4 I will be up +5lbs in the next day or so...

Leonidus

Awards
DAY 18
Added another +30lbs on my squat and another 20lbs on my leg press

50lbs increase in squats in less than 20days.
40lbs increase in leg press in less than 20 days.

Up +4 I will be up +5lbs in the next day or so...
These are insane numbers! Can't wait to see how much your lifts have improved by the end of your prime cycle.

Leonidus

Awards
That may be a good idea too, my son... and endo is eating just above maintenance and is experiencing good recomp effects he's adding lots of muscle and it getting leaner. Other body types on recomp may have to actually eat more like they were on a lean bulk I think. Look at what is happening with the ecto types, even on a hard bulk the tend to get a little leaner or don't gain fat at least. Any way you look at it I think it advisable to keep calories higher than you normally would in that situation. It's not about what your doing but how you do it.
Yeah i was feeling the same, i'm just going to add in some natty pb and some more fruits pwo, and add some more protein of course to preserve encourage anabolism created by prime :).

Leonidus

Awards
Yeah i was feeling the same, i'm just going to add in some natty pb and some more fruits pwo, and add some more protein of course to preserve encourage anabolism created by prime :).

smn1

smn1

Awards
These are insane numbers! Can't wait to see how much your lifts have improved by the end of your prime cycle.
When I started Prime I was hoping for a 5-6lbs increase over a 30 day time, since I had been at 150lbs for months and a increase in all my lifts. That I felt would be a realistic goal for myself.
As of today I am up +5lbs and my squat went from 225 to 275 in 20 days plus 5-20lbs on all other exercises.

I have not changed anything in my diet or schedule and getting results like this is just crazy, especially at my age of 41. Last night at dinner my wife said that my arms look like someone put a needle in them and pumped them up.

If this is all I get from Prime, then I am happy with the results and it is doing exactly what USP was claiming Prime will do however I think there is much more left in what I can accomplish in another 40 days.

smn1

smn1

Awards
DAY 18
Workout: 9-27-08
Workout intensity - 4/5
strength 5/5 solid 5
overall feeling 5/5 - Stamina and strength are out of control this week. One thing I have noticed over the past couple of weeks is that my workouts are not crazy intense but more of a calm feeling and I am ready to go again after I finish a set with very little rest. The weights are feeling lighter even with the increase in weight. My bench press went up from 180lbs to 195lbs for reps since my last workout +15lbs. My pumps are really noticeable all day long and I am looking leaner even with the increase of +5 lbs.
I increased all weights 5-30lbs over my last workout.

Chest and tri's
flat BP 4sets x 10reps
incline BP 4sets x 15 reps
tri curl bar overhead 4sets x 15 reps

------------------------
ABS - 16 sets x 20reps

WEIGHT morning 155LBS evening 159LBS
Up +5lbs

smn1

smn1

Awards
DAY 19
Workout: 9-28-08
Workout intensity - 4/5
strength 4/5
overall feeling 4/5 - A little more strength increase over last weeks back and bi workout. Added another +5 on my preacher curls 65lbs. Major increase was on Bentover rows I added +10lbs, 225 x 15 reps. I also did wide grip pull ups, 10 reps x 4 sets w/ BW and it was really easy at the end of my workout. Stamina is holding strong and the pumps are looking good. When I got out of the bed this morning it looked like I had just completed a workout, the pumps are that noticeable.

back and bis
BP rows 4sets x 15 reps
Pullups 4 sets x 10 reps
Double cable curls 4sets x 15 reps
Curl bar with arm blaster 4sets x 15 reps
DB curls 4setsx15reps

Up +5lbs I will not be surprised if I am up another pound in the next day or so.

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
+5 lbs and day 19, damn close to epistane or h-drol type gains. Impressive.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah like I said before all doubt has been removed from my mind about Prime and it continues to give more. No hype here everything they said is true... well 95% of it.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I cannot wait to see your updated pictures. This is great! I am glad there are others out there that are feeling the same effects that i am!

Keep it up buddy!

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Awesome log, you look great and I'm excited for you. Anxiously awaiting next pics!

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
how many weeks you runnin this again? how many bottles?

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
niiiiice! Im runnin my way through 2 bottles for 40 the same way... basically same dosing times as well... actually bout 2 hours earlier for breakfast and 2 hours later with the pm dose.

smn1

smn1

Awards
DAY 20
Workout: 9-29-08
Workout intensity - 2/5
strength 3/5
overall feeling 2/5 - I have a slight left tri/forearm strain, so I did not increase any weights over my last Trap and shoulder workout. I was thinking about skipping my workout today but I went ahead with it anyway and I did not go crazy. It actually felt better after my workout so no further strain. I did increase my weights used with my abs and really hit them hard. I know I could have added more weights on traps and shoulders but I played it on the safe side. This is my 3rd slight strain (calf/ab/tri-forearm) since on Prime and this is not normal for me but if it is like the other slight strains I should be ok by tomorrow and ready for legs...

traps and shoulders
lateral raises DB 4sets x 15 reps

abs 20sets x 20 reps

Up +5lbs

smn1

smn1

Awards
niiiiice! Im runnin my way through 2 bottles for 40 the same way... basically same dosing times as well... actually bout 2 hours earlier for breakfast and 2 hours later with the pm dose.
If I go any later I have a hard time sleeping..I have been keeping an eye on your log also..thanks for keeping up with mine...

Leonidus

Awards
DAY 20
Workout intensity - 2/5
strength 3/5
overall feeling 2/5 - I have a slight left tri/forearm strain, so I did not increase any weights over my last Trap and shoulder workout. I was thinking about skipping my workout today but I went ahead with it anyway and I did not go crazy. It actually felt better after my workout so no further strain. I did increase my weights used with my abs and really hit them hard. I know I could have added more weights on traps and shoulders but I played it on the safe side. This is my 3rd slight strain (calf/ab/tri-forearm) since on Prime and this is not normal for me but if it is like the other slight strains I should be ok by tomorrow and ready for legs...

traps and shoulders

abs 20sets x 20 reps

Up +5lbs
I think its b/c the prime has such drastic strength increases people are pullin muslces left an right lol. So what are your overall(brief) impressions of prime so far? your about a week and half ahead of me, so i just like to see what im lookin forward to. Keep up the good work.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah, this is what I was just thinking before I read you latest entry, you have to hit the wall sometime. Now it's going to be interesting to see how you can pull it back together. I am wondering if we are in danger of buring ourselves out and maybe 8 to 9 week runs are not in the cards. Kris will be taking a rest after 5 weeks but continue to take Prime during the week off. I hope he'll be able to rest up to come back and go heavy. I think you did the smart thing backing off a little and it might save you some trouble down the road.

DAY 20
Workout intensity - 2/5
strength 3/5

traps and shoulders

abs 20sets x 20 reps

Up +5lbs

Take the rest day. I know it's hard whileon PRIME but rest is paramount and gains will come quicker.

smn1

smn1

Awards
DAY 21
Workout: 9-30-08
Workout intensity - 3/5
strength 4/5
overall feeling 3/5 - Still a slight left tri/forearm strain, so this has me a little down so I rated it a 3... I was thinking about the weight increase on my last leg workout and was wondering if I could repeat the same weights for reps. I was able to duplicate the same weights on squats for reps plus I added another +10lbs to my final set at 285lbs. I was also able to stay with 300lbs on my leg press and I feel I could of added a few more pounds. I added another +5 on my lying leg curls.

recap
60lbs increase in squats.
40lbs increase in leg press

Legs

squats 4sets x 10reps +10lbsfrom 275lbs to 285lbs
leg press 4sets x 10 reps

Up +5lbs

smn1

smn1

Awards
Take the rest day. I know it's hard whileon PRIME but rest is paramount and gains will come quicker.
You are right and if my strain is not any better I will give myself a rest day. I feel that I am pushing really hard and putting Prime to the ultimate, on a 41 year old body. If I can get results like this just imagine what the young pups can get.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You are right and if my strain is not any better I will give myself a rest day. I feel that I am pushing really hard and putting Prime to the ultimate, on a 41 year old body. If I can get results like this just imagine what the young pups can get.
Im imagining :D :rolleyes:

lol at your increased weights and still a 3.... sounds pretty good to me, but I feel ya on how that effects you mentally for a workout and whole day. hopefully youll get over it soon.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 21
Workout: 9-30-08
Workout intensity - 3/5
strength 4/5
overall feeling 3/5 - Still a slight left tri/forearm strain, so this has me a little down so I rated it a 3... I was thinking about the weight increase on my last leg workout and was wondering if I could repeat the same weights for reps. I was able to duplicate the same weights on squats for reps plus I added another +10lbs to my final set at 285lbs. I was also able to stay with 300lbs on my leg press and I feel I could of added a few more pounds. I added another +5 on my lying leg curls.

recap
60lbs increase in squats.
40lbs increase in leg press

Legs

squats 4sets x 10reps +10lbsfrom 275lbs to 285lbs
leg press 4sets x 10 reps

Up +5lbs
smn1, you have officially met the label claims for PRIME! Now, my friend, it is time to surpass them!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
smn1, you have officially met the label claims for PRIME! Now, my friend, it is time to surpass them!
Whoohoo

Yah my son hit a bit of a wall last night but I attribute that to the fact that he went so hard on Saturday. I got him to back off a bit as I could see that his form was off. He was doing the same weight but not as good of depth, his back was a little stiff and he couldn't get the flexibility. He went up 10 lbs on bench though. The body can take only so much.

smn1

smn1

Awards
DAY 22
Workout: 10-1-08
Workout intensity - 3/5
strength 4/5
overall feeling 3/5 - Tri/forearm strain is better but not 100% .
I did not increase the weight over the last chest workout but had no problem with the weights and did not strain it any further. On my tri workout I went back to pre Prime weights and they felt super light and felt like I could of completed double the number of reps. By going lighter I was going for more of a Pump and feeling out the strain. I have a nice pump all day long and I am looking a little leaner. Stamina is still very high and could definitely do a longer workout if needed.

Chest and tri's
flat BP 4sets x 10reps
incline BP 4sets x 15 reps
tri curl bar overhead 4sets x 15 reps

------------------------
ABS - 20 sets x 20reps

Up +5lbsGetting near the +6.....

smn1

smn1

Awards
DAY 23
Workout: 10-2-08
Workout intensity - 4/5
strength 5/5
overall feeling 5/5 - Taking it easy the last few workouts seems like it has paid off with my arm strain. I did not increase any weights this workout but all sets felt really easy with last workout weights. Even without the increase this workout, all weights are still up 10-30lbs since I have started Prime. The Biggest improvement this week over last week was my wide grip pullups. I do my Pullups at the very end of my workout when I am worn slap out. Since I have been on Prime my previous best was 4 sets x 10 BW. This workout vs last workout I did 4 sets x 16 BW +6 reps .

back and bis
BP rows 4sets x 15 reps
Pullups 4 sets x 16 reps increase of +6 reps
Hammer curls 4sets x 15 reps
Curl bar with arm blaster 4sets x 15 reps
DB curls 4setsx15reps

Up +5lbs still holding strong at +5

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's what I was thinking, your body can only take so much so you might have to back off then you can get back on track. Kris is in the same boat with his back he may actually not be able to do lower body tommorow. I hope he is ok by Tuesday to continue to progress.

smn1

smn1

Awards
DAY 24
Workout: 10-3-08
Workout intensity - 4/5
strength 5/5
overall feeling 4/5 - Now many times can I say stamina is still very high, strength is improving with every workout and over all feeling is very high with a pumped up look with vascularity. So I am just going to recap what has been happening while on Prime. Stamina and strength is my major improvement in the last 24 days. I am still maintaining the exact same diet with zero increase in Calories however I have leaned out a little more plus gained +5lbs. Pics will be added at the end of my 30 days, my improvement will not be a drastic change but I am so far very happy with my results.
Things i have noticed, abs are more defined, traps are larger, vascularity in more visible even in my chest, more definition in my legs and I have added a 1/4" on my arms.

traps and shoulders
Upright rows on smith machine 4sets x 15 reps

abs 20sets x 20 reps

Up +5lbs still holding strong at +5

smn1

smn1

Awards
DAY 25
Workout: 10-04-08
Workout intensity - 4/5
strength 5/5
overall feeling 5/5 - Every time I workout I feel like I can repeat or better my previous workout and today was no different. Added another +15lbs on my squat and another +10lbs on my leg press. How anyone could say that Prime does not work is beyond me.

****On a side note I workout by myself and I do not have a spotter, so I am not comfortable doing a 1,2 or 3 rep max. lift.***

Pre-Prime lbs vs todays lbs.
+75lbs increase in squats. 225lbs to 300lbs for reps
+50lbs increase in vertical leg press 260 lbs to 310lbs for reps

Legs

squats 4sets x 10reps +15lbsfrom 285lbs to 300lbs
vertical leg press 4sets x 10 reps 300lbs to 310lbs
lying leg curls 4sets x 10reps

Up +5lbs

DrnkMnky

DrnkMnky

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You are getting some sick strength gains. Keep them coming!

jonesboy

jonesboy

Awards
  • Established
with strength gains like that i would expect some more weight gains in the future.

Are you going to add more protein to your diet after the first 30days?

smn1

smn1

Awards
with strength gains like that i would expect some more weight gains in the future.

Are you going to add more protein to your diet after the first 30days?
My goal on this log was to maintain the exact same schedule, which includes diet, workout schedule and the other supplements that I have been on for the 3-4 months. While on the previous schedule I have maintained 150lbs for months. The only change in my current schedule was the addition of Prime. While still maintaining the exact same schedule I have now gained +6lbs while leaning out even more and I have had a major strength increase.
After I complete the first 30 days of Prime I am then going to up my calories, change my workout to lower reps with added weights for the next 30days.

I have been reading other logs at BB and the critics are saying the logs don't mean anything because the testers are adding other supplements and changing this and changing that. My log is a straight up test with the only change is the addition of Prime and I know this stuff is working for me.