Premature Ejaculation

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
Regarding Aromasin 25mg a day is extreme overkill. 25mg a day or 12.5mg ED or EOD is for steroid junkies. For the average person 2.5mg M/W/F is a starting dosage used clinically and go from there.
"healthy eugonadal subjects (14-26 yr of age) were recruited. In a cross-over study, 12 were randomly assigned to 25 and 50 mg exemestane daily, orally, for 10 d [...] Exemestane suppressed plasma estradiol comparably with either dose [25 mg, 38% (P <or= 0.002); 50 mg, 32% (P <or= 0.008)], with a reciprocal increase in testosterone concentrations (60% and 56%; P <or= 0.003 for both). Plasma lipids and IGF-I concentrations were unaffected by treatment. [...] Maximal estradiol suppression of 62 +/- 14% was observed at 12 h. The drug was well tolerated."

Pharmacokinetics and dose finding of a potent aromatase inhibitor, aromasin (exemestane), in young males.
J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003 Dec;88(12):5951-6.

Studies on the 2.5 mg doses were done in postmenopausal women, who lack functioning ovaries, where all estrogens are being produced adrenally. AIs are ineffective at estrogen suppression in pre-menopasal women, and only SERMs are used.

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established
"healthy eugonadal subjects (14-26 yr of age) were recruited. In a cross-over study, 12 were randomly assigned to 25 and 50 mg exemestane daily, orally, for 10 d [...] Exemestane suppressed plasma estradiol comparably with either dose [25 mg, 38% (P <or= 0.002); 50 mg, 32% (P <or= 0.008)], with a reciprocal increase in testosterone concentrations (60% and 56%; P <or= 0.003 for both). Plasma lipids and IGF-I concentrations were unaffected by treatment. [...] Maximal estradiol suppression of 62 +/- 14% was observed at 12 h. The drug was well tolerated."

Pharmacokinetics and dose finding of a potent aromatase inhibitor, aromasin (exemestane), in young males.
J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003 Dec;88(12):5951-6.

Studies on the 2.5 mg doses were done in postmenopausal women, who lack functioning ovaries, where all estrogens are being produced adrenally. AIs are ineffective at estrogen suppression in pre-menopasal women, and only SERMs are used.
Aromasin is powerful. I would go with 2.5mg M/W/F because ive used 25mg a day as well as 12.5mg ED and EOD and that destroyed my bones and joints to the point where i couldn't move around or bend down properly from the joint dryness, cracking and bone pains and aches.

Levels build up fast in 2-3 weeks and you can end up going backwards real fast.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
Aromasin is powerful. I would go with 2.5mg M/W/F because ive used 25mg a day as well as 12.5mg ED and EOD and that destroyed my bones and joints to the point where i couldn't move around or bend down properly from the joint dryness, cracking and bone pains and aches.

Levels build up fast in 2-3 weeks and you can end up going backwards real fast.
I am also very sensitive to exemestane -- a single 6.25 mg dose drives my E2 from 50 to 11 within 24 hours. I don't even mess with AIs anymore -- they are too hard to dial in. I use SERMs -- specifically toremifene -- for estrogen control. If you're blocking estrogen receptors, then your E2 level is basically irrelevant anyway.

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established
I am also very sensitive to exemestane -- a single 6.25 mg dose drives my E2 from 50 to 11 within 24 hours. I don't even mess with AIs anymore -- they are too hard to dial in. I use SERMs -- specifically toremifene -- for estrogen control. If you're blocking estrogen receptors, then your E2 level is basically irrelevant anyway.
Interesting, i'll keep that in mind. Wouldn't want to end up with AI induced osteoporosis that'd be a ****ed way to go!