Prednisone

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've read conflicting info regarding taking this while on cycle. I'm two weeks in and would hate to stop now.

I have quad tendinitis. I've been bothered by knee pain since Feb and last week it got real bad! To the point I've been basically unable to walk for eight days. I was prescribed Voltaren Gel and Prednisone.

Does anyone have real world experience using this on cycle? Looks like it may cause liver damage, so I'll probs chill on the Var til I stop taking it.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ive never taken prednisone on cycle .. and have very good amount of experience with it (due to eye inflammation )

I wouldnt suggest it .. not only for liver- long term use of pred will affect your joints majorily and another sad side will be water weight gets horrible and appetite increase

but that water weight you will hold 2-4weeks after you get off the pred and its annoying

( again just my intake i would not mix in roids with it )

G34RS

G34RS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
It’s really bad luck, but you should probably come off until you get your tendonitis under control. Being on cycle is going make you workout harder and make your muscle contractions stronger, causing more tension on your tendons. Prednisone will also lower your immune system, and if you combine that with anabolic fueled heavy workouts (as intense workouts can temporarily lower your immune system), you could become sick very easily, and the middle of the flu season isn’t a great time for that. I’ve had tendonitis before, and there’s little else that works besides rest and anti-inflammatories like corticosteroids and advil. Recovery is a long process.

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
For now I'm using 4g of the gel x4 per day. I have regained a bit of mobility and the pain is slightly reduced. I'm avoiding taking the prednisone unless absolutely necessary! I'll roll off the cycle and take it if I can't push through with just the gel. I'm pinning a lot of Deca, so it'll take a couple 24 hours to clear my system unfortunately, which is why I'm hesitant.