Prednisone side effects.

Fashizzle

Awards
So I have asthma and before you assume I am quite aware of Prednisone being a catabolic hormone. Anyway I may have to take it and do not want to lose muscle. In the past I have used it and Put on 3 pounds but leaned out (due to training and eating alot more not because I think its anabolic)
Anyway is there a problem with stacking an anabolic with this just to mitigate negative effects. Also Prednisone can make me eat like a super human.

Any feedback on the subject would be great

trn450

trn450

Awards
This is far beyond the scope of these forums, whether or not the people here would like to admit it or not. Having said that, being that I have a background in healthcare I felt compelled to do a quick search. It has turned up information that people have investigated running the two together to help mediate corticosteroid induced osteoporosis in humans on several occasions, and probably a few other applications that I didn't get to in the interest of time.

Wien Med Wochenschr. 1993;143(14-15):395-7.
[h=1]Anabolic steroids in corticosteroid-induced osteoporosis.[/h]Adami S, Rossini M.
[h=3]Source[/h]Cattedra di Reumatologia, Università degli Studi di Verona, Italy.

[h=3]Abstract[/h]Severe osteoporosis represents a major complication of corticosteroid (CST) excess. Steroid-induced osteoporosis is characterized by both increased bone resorption and inhibition of bone formation. Excessive bone resorption is attributed to hyperparathyroidism which is secondary to calcium malabsorption. Calcium and vitamin D supplementation or treatment with inhibitors of bone resorption are of benefit but they usually lead to further inhibition of bone formation. The inhibition of bone formation in CST treated patients is due in part to suppression of adrenal androgen secretion. Thus the suppressed circulating levels of osteocalcin, a biochemical marker of osteoblast activity, in patients on CST can be reverted to normal by administration of anabolic steroids. In a prospective controlled trial in patients on long-term CST therapy we have observed that nandrolone decanoate therapy, 50 mg intramuscularly every 3 weeks for 18 months, induces a transient increase in bone mass within the first 6 months of treatment and prevent further losses thereafter. The sequential biochemical changes indicate that nandrolone decanoate in patients on CST inhibits bone resorption without affecting or even increasing bone formation. Furthermore in patients on CST treatment the virilizing activity of nandrolone decanoate was virtually negligible at least within the 18 months of treatment. These results indicate that anabolic steroid administration may represent a rational and convenient strategy for preventing and treating CST-induced osteoporosis.

HOWEVER, I have read something in the past that would suggest there might be some sort of synergism between AAS and corticosteroids--the AAS might increase the potency of the corticosteroids in a way that can put you in the hospital.

[h=1]The Combination of Anabolic Steroids and Corticosteroids in the Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis[/h]D C Beatty and H C Masheter

Copyright and License information ►

It's probably not wise. But, if you'll be on long-term steroid therapy and you're worried about side effects like osteoporosis, you can probably run the idea past your doc and see if you can see an endocrinologist or rheumatologist who is an expert on such things and can probably answer your questions.

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
I gained 25 pounds of fat and got to this day lasting pregnant woman stretch marks on tthe stomach.

I was on it for a couple of weeks.

I hope I never have to take catabolics anymore but if I do,no doubt,I`m taking an anabolic with them.

Fashizzle

Awards
Good read. Thank you. I am going to hope I have enough Sarms cover me during the coming 4 days. I just want to capitalize on this increased appetite. I know you don't know but do you think 10-20 mgs of Epi would be safe. I mean I am only going to do it for 4 days. I'm weight my options thats all.

trn450

trn450

Awards
You're not going to have any major, lasting side effects--at least not likely--on 4 days of prednisone. Seriously not worth messing around with.

cashinova87

cashinova87

Awards
Your not Gona lose noticeable muscle in 4 days
I was on it too and it didn't do anything

Fashizzle

Awards
I guess the second part of my question was how can I capitalize on the increased appetite. Are there any decent non steroidal nutrient partitioning agents? I can eat 2000 callories easily in a meal and be hungry an hour later

trn450

trn450

Awards
Pretty sure corticosteroids will affect partitioning in a way you won't like. My educated guess: I'd just go high protein and low carb for maintenance calories for those days, plus one more day.

tinytony

tinytony

Awards
I was prescribed prednisone because I hammered my knee at work and had fluid on it and a bump the size of a medium egg. Was on Epi Cyano stack at the time and maybe I don't know what to look for but didn't gave anything strange happen with my muscles or fat storage. My experience for what its worth. I was only prescribed for 2 weeks

srblan

Awards
  • Established
Prednisone sucks for a lot of reasons. Are there any other drugs your doctor can prescribe with the same goal? It has a lot of crappy side effects, and most people are miserable on it in my experience. That said, no reason to add to it with anabolics if you're on it for a short period of time.