40mg Prednisone for 5 days

BeardedBreast

BeardedBreast

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haven't been on it in decades. Anything I need to consider while I run my docs treatment for my head and chest cold?

I'm staying on my oxymax, bronkaid, test1fy, PA, Laxo, etc

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would ask the do to about bronkaid but otherwise I don't see an issue.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
Yep, bronkaid would likely hit harder as cortisol is an NRI.

compan

compan

Awards
I'd just stop the Bronkaid for the length of time. Overall, it's not that long.

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i hate Prednisone .. but it is a miracle steroid

talk about horrible side drug

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Really? I always feel great on prednisone.
How long were you on it ?

I was on for about 5-6 weeks due to inflamation eye issue .. and it was horrible bloating,acne and mood swings all the time.

and it was pretty low dosage .. i started at 30mg i believe, then kept tappering down week by week

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I was on for about 5-6 weeks due to inflamation eye issue .. and it was horrible bloating,acne and mood swings all the time.

and it was pretty low dosage .. i started at 30mg i believe, then kept tappering down week by week
About 3 months for code red air quality and serve asthma. But yes i broke out like crazy too

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's funny how people react differently to the same drug.

I've been on heavy doses (100+ mg) and never experienced increased hunger, bloating, etc. I take 5 mg every day but it does not affect me in those ways at all, thankfully.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's funny how people react differently to the same drug.

I've been on heavy doses (100+ mg) and never experienced increased hunger, bloating, etc. I take 5 mg every day but it does not affect me in those ways at all, thankfully.
What do you take it daily, curious. I have used it a few times, in addition to methylpred and presnisolone. No issues.

compan

compan

Awards

I hated it too. I was on it about 3 weeks longer and was starting at 50-60mg. For me it was a colitis flare though. My prednisone started through an IV dose at 60mg, then oral went to 50mg a couple days later. Sides are terrible and I broke out so bad too. Also had probably the worst stomach acid at that high of a dose I think is physically possible for the human body.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I hated it too. I was on it about 3 weeks longer and was starting at 50-60mg. For me it was a colitis flare though. My prednisone started through an IV dose at 60mg, then oral went to 50mg a couple days later. Sides are terrible and I broke out so bad too. Also had probably the worst stomach acid at that high of a dose I think is physically possible for the human body.
I'm surprised they didn't give you anything to combat the stomach acid. Maybe the dose wasn't high enough in the opinion of your doc.

compan

compan

Awards
I'm surprised they didn't give you anything to combat the stomach acid. Maybe the dose wasn't high enough in the opinion of your doc.
Yeah I got nothing lol. I doubled up on Prilosec.