Prednisone and bodybuilding

Bigman1292

Bigman1292

Awards
I'm 7 weeks out from my show and I did something to my back, don't know results yet but my doctor prescribed me prednisone which I did not get because I read it's muscle wasting and fat storing. Is this true? He wanted me on it for 5 days

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It can waste muscle at high doses for extended periods of time. Also, there can be bloating that goes along with it, but this is user dependent. Lastly, it can increase hunger. If you're only going to be on it for 5 days, stick to your current caloric intake and do not go over it, even if you are hungry. Maybe eat more dense foods. 5 days is not going to kill you and again, the sides are user dependent.

I had to take 150mg for about a week after my heart transplant. With time, that dose when down and down and not I have to take 5mg daily. I was against it at first, but I need to take it for obvious reasons. Like I mentioned, 5 days won't do anything to your body. The one thing it may do is have you retain water, but if you get bloated, that will go away.

I personally saw a little increase in hunger, but ZERO bloating, even at my extremely high doses. If you have any questions PM me, but your doc wants you on it for a reason. Follow his/her orders.

SR1991

SR1991

Awards
It also helps being 7 weeks out. That's plenty of time to get over what little if any sides would come from it. I wouldn't worry about it.

Bigman1292

Bigman1292

Awards
It can waste muscle at high doses for extended periods of time. Also, there can be bloating that goes along with it, but this is user dependent. Lastly, it can increase hunger. If you're only going to be on it for 5 days, stick to your current caloric intake and do not go over it, even if you are hungry. Maybe eat more dense foods. 5 days is not going to kill you and again, the sides are user dependent.

I had to take 150mg for about a week after my heart transplant. With time, that dose when down and down and not I have to take 5mg daily. I was against it at first, but I need to take it for obvious reasons. Like I mentioned, 5 days won't do anything to your body. The one thing it may do is have you retain water, but if you get bloated, that will go away.

I personally saw a little increase in hunger, but ZERO bloating, even at my extremely high doses. If you have any questions PM me, but your doc wants you on it for a reason. Follow his/her orders.
Finally finished it. Man I bloated up like a ****in cow! ****ed my stomach up, made me not hungry, glad it's done

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Finally finished it. Man I bloated up like a ****in cow! ****ed my stomach up, made me not hungry, glad it's done
Glad to hear you went with your doctor's advice! You will lose that extra water in a few days.