Prayer Request Thread

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks to all of your prayers and the grace of God my mom made a full recovery shortly after I posted this. Unfortunately it seems that she may have slipped into this situation again. It is far less frightening now that we pretty much have an understanding of what she is going through, but it is still tough to see her this way. We have her on the medicine that helped to get her through this last time, but we are going to increase the dose tomorrow since as of late she has just been on a maintenance dose.

Please keep my mom Dorothy in your prayers. I have faith that God will bring us through this again.

God Bless,
Daryl
I said a prayer, and also paised it on to a prayer line.
Good luck, and god speed.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Glad to see this thread back at the top.

I have a friend that needs some prayer. She found out today that her sister attempted suicide and was almost successful. The girl's young daughter found her and saved her. All I can do is pray for her family and if anyone else can do the same it is appreciated.
Suicide ends your trouble in this world, but life doesn't end here! Life is eternal and transcends this world, so suicide is really no solution at all. If you're already saved in Jesus, suicide does not negate your eternal salvation, but it likely ruins your reward in heaven.

Satan already knows he's a loser, but he still fights to the end anyway. He is a relentless adversary. However, we are assured of our victory in Christ, so how much harder should we fight knowing we'll win?! In fact, God says He'll do the fighting for us, just don't quit moving for that finish line and do our best to overcome what comes against us. Never quit, never, no matter what.

Your friend and her daughter is in our prayers.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Praying for my friend who is having a hard time with his disability. Having two functional legs is a blessing, so be grateful.
Amen Lungz. Thank God for everything. We b!tch about all the things we don't have, but we too often forget to be grateful for the many things we do have. God bless your friend.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This will be my first holiday without my kids. Some of you are familiar with this from my previous posts. My wife and I recently separated and my kids want to spend the holiday with their cousins on my wife's side. I understand that. I was invited but do not feel it is right for me to go considering all that has happened. As the day has gotten closer, the reality of this last year has really sunken in. I ask that you please keep me in your prayers. The holiday season is my favorite time of the year, but I can tell it's going to be a rough few weeks. Thanks
Nightshift,

I feel for you.

This was my 2nd Thanksgiving without an in-tact family. My sons, 23 and 20 came to spend the Thanksgiving holiday with me, as did my 23 year old niece and the 22 year old boy (man, really) that lives in my house. My sons will have nothing to do w/ their mother. My daughter, who made a phone call to the house and spoke to everyone BUT me, still sees me as public enemy No. 1. It hurts.

But I have to accept it.

I don't believe it was God's plan for things to work out this way; but I can pursue God's plan in my life by trying very intentionally to be the best man I can be; and try to glorify God with my thoughts and deeds. I don't believe God wants me to resent reality; but, rather, to accept that which I can't change, face it, and then let it go - by turning to Him in prayer. But - part of that, at least to me, also means surrounding myself with good and Godly men who support me - and keep me from falling into all of the common traps.

And, for me, one of those traps is the insecurity of feeling unloved by my daughter. And so, I accept the situation and I try not to look at my daughter as a source of validation. I accept validation from those who are there to love me. And I look to God. And I focus on what is true and good.

I guess one of the things I wish to impart is that we, as men, need to be in community. Suffering alone doesn't do it; but opening yourself (and your most secret vulnerabilities and fears) to God and other men is a healing path that one just can't easily travel alone.

So, as much as I hate doing so, I have to ask God to help put to sleep that part of my heart that would otherwise be dedicated to my daughter. That part will reawaken when my daughter wants me back in her life.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
This will be my first holiday without my kids. Some of you are familiar with this from my previous posts. My wife and I recently separated and my kids want to spend the holiday with their cousins on my wife's side. I understand that. I was invited but do not feel it is right for me to go considering all that has happened. As the day has gotten closer, the reality of this last year has really sunken in. I ask that you please keep me in your prayers. The holiday season is my favorite time of the year, but I can tell it's going to be a rough few weeks. Thanks
I think your assessment is correct, you should probably not attend. It's very emotionally tough on you, and confusing to the kids also. Unless the 2 of you realistically want to work it out, then it may be good to attend and give it one last shot. Let the Spirit guide you in your choice.

Last year was my first holiday without mine and this one seems like it will be equally painful even with them, so I feel your pain. There is no human solution for this. Divorce is a big loose end that never gets tied back up. I beat myself up for it all year now, but you gotta forgive yourself or God won't forgive you either! He can fix it. This is a cause and effect universe we live in and grace is our only hope for real solutions to seemingly impossible problems. It's been a rough lesson to learn for me, realizing just how little I really control in my tiny part of the world, but we must remember He is always holding all the cards. He's with our kids when we are not, and in reality they are His kids anyway. We will be judged on how we managed the things He put in our hands though, so just be sure to always do your best, and God is faithful to picks up the pieces beyond that. Praise God that He fixes our mistakes and let the pain refine your life so you can never be burned again! This issue is close to my heart and you are in my prayers Nightshift.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
Nightshift,

I feel for you.

This was my 2nd Thanksgiving without an in-tact family. My sons, 23 and 20 came to spend the Thanksgiving holiday with me, as did my 23 year old niece and the 22 year old boy (man, really) that lives in my house. My sons will have nothing to do w/ their mother. My daughter, who made a phone call to the house and spoke to everyone BUT me, still sees me as public enemy No. 1. It hurts.

But I have to accept it.

I don't believe it was God's plan for things to work out this way; but I can pursue God's plan in my life by trying very intentionally to be the best man I can be; and try to glorify God with my thoughts and deeds. I don't believe God wants me to resent reality; but, rather, to accept that which I can't change, face it, and then let it go - by turning to Him in prayer. But - part of that, at least to me, also means surrounding myself with good and Godly men who support me - and keep me from falling into all of the common traps.

And, for me, one of those traps is the insecurity of feeling unloved by my daughter. And so, I accept the situation and I try not to look at my daughter as a source of validation. I accept validation from those who are there to love me. And I look to God. And I focus on what is true and good.

I guess one of the things I wish to impart is that we, as men, need to be in community. Suffering alone doesn't do it; but opening yourself (and your most secret vulnerabilities and fears) to God and other men is a healing path that one just can't easily travel alone.

So, as much as I hate doing so, I have to ask God to help put to sleep that part of my heart that would otherwise be dedicated to my daughter. That part will reawaken when my daughter wants me back in her life.
beau!..i salute you for your undying and complete faith.for our faith is tested daily.and like how you say,when we talk about and express our feelings and thoughts to our fellow man.then comes the feeling of relief and self confidence.to go on and trust in god,for god has a plan for each and everyone of us.to let go and let god has a larger meaning then most can comprehend.i beleive that you and your daughter will come to terms when god decides when the time is right.:)reps to you sir!

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Nightshift,

I feel for you.

But I have to accept it.

:goodpost:

God bless you Beau. You're a wise man. The Bible says a brother is born for adversity, so it's not just a duty but an honor to share the lives and prayer with good men like you all. Thank God for all the rich emotions of life, even the painful ones, and relish the friends He puts in your path. Those friends are eternal. I think we'll instantly know one another in heaven and feel such love for the encouragement, prayer and support we gave to each other while we were here.

This life is such a blessing He has given us, so much so that even powerful angels rebelled out of jealousy to be like us and experience life and free will choices like we do! We sometimes complain a lot, but we are so privileged to experience this opportunity of life and we mean more to God than we realize.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Amen Lungz. Thank God for everything. We b!tch about all the things we don't have, but we too often forget to be grateful for the many things we do have. God bless your friend.
My friend appreciates it a great deal. Thanks D!

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
For all who've posted on here, you have been in my prayers.

I just wanted to take a second to share the power of prayer and God in my personal life. As some on here may know, I own a company that sells a product on Nutraplanet. Right now we are very small with a small manufacturing capability. While we have been picked up by a large nationwide distributor, we don't have the manufacturing capability for such a large scale. I have been praying and searching for a manufacturer to help us meet this demand. At the same time I currently also work full time at as a firefighter. A promotion to a headquarters M-F spot was recently announced. I have wanted that position for quite some time. As I drove in to work to do my 24 hour shift about two weeks ago, I knew I would be finding out whether or not I would be eligible to go for the promotion. I prayed that if God closed that door for me, he would open another one in the path that I should follow. Not longer did after I found out that I would, in fact, not be eligible for the promotion, a manufacturer contacted me and expressed the desire to manufacture our product. Not only that, but their facilities are within 20 miles of our location.

While to some this may seem a minor thing, this search has been long and exhaustive. To have found a manufacturer so close is a miracle in itself. That this door opened on the same day another was closed, just as I had prayed has further reinforced my belief that God does answer prayers.

I know many on here have requested prayers for addictions, illness, death and many more life altering interventions. I will certainly continue to keep you all in my prayers. I just felt led to post an example of an answered prayer in my personal life. I would also ask that you keep me in your prayers, so that I may lead my company in such a way that God is glorified, for if we are successful it will not be my doing, but God's.

May God bless you all.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
For all who've posted on here, you have been in my prayers.

I just wanted to take a second to share the power of prayer and God in my personal life. As some on here may know, I own a company that sells a product on Nutraplanet. Right now we are very small with a small manufacturing capability. While we have been picked up by a large nationwide distributor, we don't have the manufacturing capability for such a large scale. I have been praying and searching for a manufacturer to help us meet this demand. At the same time I currently also work full time at as a firefighter. A promotion to a headquarters M-F spot was recently announced. I have wanted that position for quite some time. As I drove in to work to do my 24 hour shift about two weeks ago, I knew I would be finding out whether or not I would be eligible to go for the promotion. I prayed that if God closed that door for me, he would open another one in the path that I should follow. Not longer did after I found out that I would, in fact, not be eligible for the promotion, a manufacturer contacted me and expressed the desire to manufacture our product. Not only that, but their facilities are within 20 miles of our location.

While to some this may seem a minor thing, this search has been long and exhaustive. To have found a manufacturer so close is a miracle in itself. That this door opened on the same day another was closed, just as I had prayed has further reinforced my belief that God does answer prayers.

I know many on here have requested prayers for addictions, illness, death and many more life altering interventions. I will certainly continue to keep you all in my prayers. I just felt led to post an example of an answered prayer in my personal life. I would also ask that you keep me in your prayers, so that I may lead my company in such a way that God is glorified, for if we are successful it will not be my doing, but God's.

May God bless you all.
ATJ,

Thanks for sharing your story. God can do wonderful things in our loves - it is just on His schedule.

Beau

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
We have only one command that sums up the whole duty of man, it's located in John 15... Love each other. Mowry and I were talking about it last night. This is a very simple command. Jesus stated that if we follow this command, we are free to ask God for whatever we wish and it shall be given. That sounds like the best deal I've ever heard! Live it, and see it's fullness finally come into your life. We all need it now more than ever or we wouldn't be here with so many problems to pray about.

Don't be disillusioned either. Being a Christian can be rough, and will surely get even tougher, but it's still by far the best deal available. You can fall for the tricks of the fallen ones, but it's been my experience that it's ALWAYS a lie in the end. Deception and fear are their primary means of taking YOUR power, usually without you even realizing it. Take back what you have inadvertently given them and find the real meaning of your life. It belongs to you! You don't need to take the battle to them (offensive), but when they come against you remember who you work for (defend). You were born to win so live strong, keep heart and love one another.

Keep praying guys and God bless.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
We have only one command that sums up the whole duty of man, it's located in John 15... Love each other. Mowry and I were talking about it last night. This is a very simple command. Jesus stated that if we follow this command, we are free to ask God for whatever we wish and it shall be given. That sounds like the best deal I've ever heard! Live it, and see it's fullness finally come into your life. We all need it now more than ever or we wouldn't be here with so many problems to pray about.

Don't be disillusioned either. Being a Christian can be rough, and will surely get even tougher, but it's still by far the best deal available. You can fall for the tricks of the fallen ones, but it's been my experience that it's ALWAYS a lie in the end. Deception and fear are their primary means of taking YOUR power, usually without you even realizing it. Take back what you have inadvertently given them and find the real meaning of your life. It belongs to you! You don't need to take the battle to them (offensive), but when they come against you remember who you work for (defend). You were born to win so live strong, keep heart and love one another.

amen brother!:thumbsup:

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

I am struggling with that, love and forgiveness, right now; but only as it relates to my soon-to-be-ex-wife. She is doing everything in her power to hold me hostage financially and to continue to poison my 16 year old daughter against me. I am just sick and tired of it all, and I just want to be done with his mess - and then for my soon-to-be-ex-wife to go away.

I want to be emotionally neutral towards her, but I resent the financial and emotional toll this has taken on me, and my two sons.

But, I keep trying.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I am struggling with that, love and forgiveness, right now; but only as it relates to my soon-to-be-ex-wife. She is doing everything in her power to hold me hostage financially and to continue to poison my 16 year old daughter against me. I am just sick and tired of it all, and I just want to be done with his mess - and then for my soon-to-be-ex-wife to go away.

I want to be emotionally neutral towards her, but I resent the financial and emotional toll this has taken on me, and my two sons.

But, I keep trying.
My ex called CPS on me, sued me, hacked my e-mail, and tried to wreck my new relationship. It makes me sick going to court and hiring more lawyers to deal with her BS, so I really do understand your situation Beau. It blows my mind how evil a woman can become. These people are miserable and want you just as unhappy as they are. Don't take the bait brother! You gotta keep it all in perspective and take the high road. When I get pissed I work out and it kills the aggression. Exercise is a healthy and positive outlet for these feelings.

Remember that you can't fix her now, just don't give her the power to break you by getting caught up in the hate game. You don't deserve the hardship she's causing, neither do your boys, but you can't control her actions so keep reminding yourself that it's pointless to stress over it. One day your daughter will see it for what it really was, and it'll probably all backfire on your ex big time.

Sorry it's not much consolation right now, but the truth always comes to light with time and you'll be glad you took the high road when your kids are old enough to look back and understand it all. Your ex will be judged for her actions and you will be all the more rewarded for not reciprocating with vengeance or unforgiveness. I have spent so much money defending against my ex. I've lost friends and family and had many painful and sleepless nights worried about it, so I feel you and understand your position all to well I suspect.

You are certainly in my prayers friend. Don't let this situation overcome your victory in Christ!

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Don't let it get you down it does get better.

During my divorce my ex foreclosed on the house because he refused to let me have it. He took ALL the stuff in the house and left me nothing. He took the car in my name because he did not have one in his and he needed a way to work.

I moved out and left my kids at a babysitter before we had a custody agreement in place and he took the kids from the babysitter and ran with them for 2 months. I missed my sons 4th b-day and he told them I left them. He would not let me talk to them on the phone and tell them what he did. If I tried he hung up on me. The police were called if I went to get them at his house. Because he was in the house and I did not have custody in place the police would not let me in too see them. I had to get them back the same way he took them. He showed up at my work to start fights with me. He gets off paying 300 a month under what he would have been court ordered to pay. He did everything he could to destroy me so that he would not have to pay child support.

I got the kids back, which is all I cared about. now 3 years later after the divorce was finalized, we let it all go. For the kids sake its easier to get along. Once the hatred of court is over, the emotions simmer down.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks for your kind words. I guess I am just so darned tired of all of the passive/aggressive games that I am starting to lose perspective.

Thanks for the attitude adjustment(s).

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for your kind words. I guess I am just so darned tired of all of the passive/aggressive games that I am starting to lose perspective.

Thanks for the attitude adjustment(s).
hey beau,how's it going homie?

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
I have a month to go before D-day. I pray every day for God to provide me with me with the strength I need to persevere.
depending fully on god and putting him in complete control is paramount and testament to your faith my man,for we are nothing without god!"thy will be done"which means god's will shall be done!..not man's, but god's!..i truly admire your faith in this times of trials and tribulation's.that truly only god's people will overcome!..and we all are gods children!..i will pray for you also beau!:thumbsup:

Kurruptive

Kurruptive

Awards

But, I keep trying.

I myself am on the other side of a situation like this, except i'm the son that was poisoned by my mother only for me to see the light and realise that she was using me a twelve year old boy to do her bidding against my father for child support, a bigger share of the house sale, to pay bills that he didn't have anything to do with and he did all for me. and then only to be abandoned by her, for a measly boyfriend, told i couldn't go on vacations because of my behaviour which was perfect so she could take him instead, and ignored for no real reason except i wanted to live with my father for awhile to rebuild the relationship which had she shattered. well that's the short version, a perfect mother suddenly turned into a cold heartless woman. i am now 18 and i haven't seen or heard from her in five years..

to this day i have a renound hated for her, pray for me to eventually have the strength to forgive but never forget.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
... to this day i have a renound hated for her, pray for me to eventually have the strength to forgive but never forget.
I can understand why you hate her. It sounds like you were just a kid and she played you like a pawn just to hurt your dad. Now you hurt too. You should never forget, but you gotta let it go if you wanna live free. You can't go back and change it now. If I could go back, I'd go all the way back to 14 and change soooo many mistakes, but it's a waste of time to dwell on it because that ain't gonna happen. The time is now and our power is only in the present. There is no power in the past, let it go my young friend. Here's a daily devotional I got a few weeks ago, it summaries it well...

READ | James 1:19-20
Anger is an extremely powerful emotion. It can destroy lives, tear relationships apart, and ruin a believer’s witness.

The apostle Paul understood the negative potential of resentment, and he offered this advice on how to deal with it: “Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. And be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you” (Ephesians 4:31-32).

When we’re right in the middle of tension, Paul’s recommendations may seem unrealistic and impractical. But unless we apply his advice, we could easily face the devastating consequences of uncontrolled rage. For example, our anger can shut down communication with others. It can also lead to a silent but very damaging type of resentment—the “passive-aggressive” person takes out his bitterness on others in subtle ways. One of the most harmful consequences of uncontrolled anger is depression. Over time, inner turmoil and unresolved conflicts will take their toll on a person’s mental health.

But we have a choice. We can let our anger control us—which means we opt to suffer the consequences. Or we can release this debilitating emotion by forgiving those we feel have stirred our bitterness.

Try to identify causes of anger in your life, and bring them before the Lord. Trust that He will empower you to overcome these sources of strife. Read Ephesians 4:31-32 once more, and let the truth of God’s Word strengthen you.

Don't just forgive her, forgive anybody else you hold resentment for (that may include yourself too). I know it's much easier said than done, but the time may be short so the best bet is to start letting it go now. God has bigger plans for you and this hate will slow your spiritual growth and ultimate maturity. Jesus said if you meet His condition (love each other) then God has no choice but to keep His promise and take these feeling of pain away, if that's what you request. Call Him on it, stand on His word and tell Him you claim it! He is faithful to do as He said and set you free of it for those who seek Him and obey His command. I have seen it work time and time again.

You're in my prayers Kurruptive!

manny1010

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, I have posted this earlier in the thread but I dont think it will hurt anyone of I do it again. I will be getting married Dec. 20th. Days away!!!! Just pray that things go smooth for us on this special day and especially in our marriage.

Thank you guys.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, I have posted this earlier in the thread but I dont think it will hurt anyone of I do it again. I will be getting married Dec. 20th. Days away!!!! Just pray that things go smooth for us on this special day and especially in our marriage.

Thank you guys.
congratulations!..manny!..i wish you the best brother!:thumbsup:

NattyT

NattyT

Awards
  • Established
I am realy impressed with this thread, with all the nonsense and crazy things that are said on this forum this is well needed. Im a beliver and Ive seen the hand of god on my life in so many ways. and I pray that some one that is lost and happens to stumble on this thread will read and see the testimonies of so many people and that you would open up your haert and allow the lord to come in and renew your spirit. There is but one way to the father and that is though the son. Its not to be debated its not to be exlpained its only by faith. People will knock on religon and that is fine I understand because religon is man made so its going to have its flaws. Christ was no here to bring religon it was the relgious people that crucified him. The word says that every creature knows there is a creator but because man loves his evil ways they want to denie it, the dark can not comprehend the light. But I pray that all you brothers will recognise the light and embracce it. The world is getting worse and worse and time is getting short. I am a man like the rest of you and I have my short comings but when I say I live this life I walk it out every day and Live it to the best I can. Sin has no placein my life or my home and to the rest of you fellas that are struggling and going thrue thing, reavaluate some things in your life take athority over them and improve. I love workin out and body building but there at no amount of weights that can strenghtin a weak soul and mine but there is one and he is jesus. Thank you and god bless you and yours.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
I am realy impressed with this thread, with all the nonsense and crazy things that are said on this forum this is well needed. Im a beliver and Ive seen the hand of god on my life in so many ways. and I pray that some one that is lost and happens to stumble on this thread will read and see the testimonies of so many people and that you would open up your haert and allow the lord to come in and renew your spirit. There is but one way to the father and that is though the son. Its not to be debated its not to be exlpained its only by faith. People will knock on religon and that is fine I understand because religon is man made so its going to have its flaws. Christ was no here to bring religon it was the relgious people that crucified him. The word says that every creature knows there is a creator but because man loves his evil ways they want to denie it, the dark can not comprehend the light. But I pray that all you brothers will recognise the light and embracce it. The world is getting worse and worse and time is getting short. I am a man like the rest of you and I have my short comings but when I say I live this life I walk it out every day and Live it to the best I can. Sin has no placein my life or my home and to the rest of you fellas that are struggling and going thrue thing, reavaluate some things in your life take athority over them and improve. I love workin out and body building but there at no amount of weights that can strenghtin a weak soul and mine but there is one and he is jesus. Thank you and god bless you and yours.
amen brother!:thumbsup:

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Good thread guys glad to see we can help each other out!

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Several people near me have recently been diagnosed with various forms of cancer: two neighbors, one uncle, room mate's sister, several people at work... it is insane, it is as though cancer suddenly launched a mass attack... unfortunately not everyone is doing well...

I think a general prayer or wellness wish goes a long way. I often get caught up in everyday nonsense and forget to say thank you for what I have.

manny1010

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys and gals, One of my coworkers just passed away. It has been a long day at work with many tears. He was a great friend and a mentor but an amazing brother in christ. I ask that you guys keep our agency (workplace) in prayer and most of all for his family. Thanks. Blessings.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys and gals, One of my coworkers just passed away. It has been a long day at work with many tears. He was a great friend and a mentor but an amazing brother in christ. I ask that you guys keep our agency (workplace) in prayer and most of all for his family. Thanks. Blessings.
im sorry for your loss manny1010!..and my deepest symphathy goes out to his family!

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
Don't let it get you down it does get better.

During my divorce my ex foreclosed on the house because he refused to let me have it. He took ALL the stuff in the house and left me nothing. He took the car in my name because he did not have one in his and he needed a way to work.

I moved out and left my kids at a babysitter before we had a custody agreement in place and he took the kids from the babysitter and ran with them for 2 months. I missed my sons 4th b-day and he told them I left them. He would not let me talk to them on the phone and tell them what he did. If I tried he hung up on me. The police were called if I went to get them at his house. Because he was in the house and I did not have custody in place the police would not let me in too see them. I had to get them back the same way he took them. He showed up at my work to start fights with me. He gets off paying 300 a month under what he would have been court ordered to pay. He did everything he could to destroy me so that he would not have to pay child support.

I got the kids back, which is all I cared about. now 3 years later after the divorce was finalized, we let it all go. For the kids sake its easier to get along. Once the hatred of court is over, the emotions simmer down.
Wow Christine, I'm sorry to hear this. Went through alot of this myself 4 1/2 yrs ago. You are right though, the bitterness finally ends when both realize that it's hurting the kids. It's hard to forgive, but if you find it in your heart to forgive, it's easier to move on. And things like this makes it very difficult for new relationships. I spent enough on attorney fees and court ordered equity that I could have paid for a new house.(I kept mine). Now my new gf gets to experience all the hatred in my ex for me and sometimes I think it's not fair to her. But she understands and has been through one also. She is good to me. I somtimes wonder if life will ever be normal again? You gotta keep on keeping on.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry for your loss.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
recently a good friend of mine's,buddy lost his life in a terrible car accident and i want to ask my fellow brethen to put a prayer out there for this mans family and friends in this great time of need!..for strenght.. and for courage..in this time of great symphathy and grieif!..thank you gentleman!

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
recently a good friend of mine's,buddy lost his life in a terrible car accident and i want to ask my fellow brethen to put a prayer out there for this mans family and friends in this great time of need!..for strenght.. and for courage..in this time of great symphathy and grieif!..thank you gentleman!
Thanks for the prayer, Bobby. I have lost so many friends in the past few years, but the feeling is always the same.
He was too young and too smart. People who drink and drive should be put down, because they take loved ones away from others for their own selfish addictions.
Thanks again.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the prayer, Bobby. I have lost so many friends in the past few years, but the feeling is always the same.
He was too young and too smart. People who drink and drive should be put down, because they take loved ones away from others for their own selfish addictions.
Thanks again.
your so very welcomed my friend!:welcome:..i have sent a prayer out there for your buddy's family,and his loved one's!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I miss grandma a lot this year. I was fortunate in that my grandma made me feel like I was her favorite. Whether I was or not, she loved me so very much...without a doubt.

I am a first child, a first grandchild and the father of the first great grandchild. Grandma was flawed like all of us yet she was great...because we believed she was.

I was fortunate to be with her in the last hours of her life. These hours were not the best for either of us. She suffered a lot.

I have so many joyful memories yet I am still 'bothered' by my very last ones.

Grandma - I love you and miss you so much.

God - deliver me the joy and peace that only you can.

My youngest brother is estranged from our family. He is an HIV+ addict who lives alone. He has a hard time experiencing and accepting the love that myself, my brother and the rest of our family has for him. Like many addicts he struggles with self esteem, guilt, shame and pain.

God - deliver him the joy and peace that only you can.

God - while you are at it deliver the joy and peace that only you can to those who don't know well enough to ask for it.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Please pray that my Family and I make a safe drive from Minneapolis to Waco tomorrow. Weather is going to suck and I hate freeway driving in blizzards.

Sorry to hear about your stuff, Brian. I'll be sure to pray for you. I can't imagine what it would be like to lose the only grandmother that I've ever known. She definitely fits the "saint" description that people often portray their grandmothers in. I got you.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
While in New York this week on a business trip, I received a call informing me that one of my brothers (12 years older than me) has terminal cancer.

I would appreciate your prayers for my brother, his family and my mother. My Mom is grieving terribly, distraught because she was "supposed to die before my children die". There has been some emotional distance between my brother and me, especially as I've had to establish some boundaries against his passive/aggressive manipulation and mistreatment of my mother (and Dad, prior to Dad's death). Even still, I am at peace with having established the boundaries - because it was the right thing to do. But part of me continues to wish that it wouldn't have been necessary for that distance/those boundaries to exist.

All of this is helping me realize just how blessed I am; even in light of the divorce. I realize that despite God hating divorce, it will - in fact - be a hidden blessing. I feel strongly that God is affording me another chance to live the life He wants me to live. I've stopped (mostly) resenting the vast difference between where my relationship with my daughter is, vs. where I hoped it would be. But I have to accept things as they are, and remain confident that whatever it is that God intends between my daughter and me will be realized. It just won't be on my schedule.

I am embarrassed, at this point, to confess that my primary concern is financial. I have been stressing over the expectation that I will probably have to sell my house and I don't know if I can afford to buy another house. Most candidly, I realize that I've been fearing financial failure; trying to control a financial future that is not mine to control right now. I hate the idea that I will have to make so many financial cuts and adjustments; some of which may impavct my ability to support my sons. But - I just have to accept that whatever the court awards my almost-ex-wife, will be whatever the court awards her.

And I've made the mistake of viewing part of my value as a man in terms of my ability to provide financially.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established

Thank you guys.
Hope you have a blessed union, manny!

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
... the dark can not comprehend the light. But I pray that all you brothers will recognise the light and embracce it. The world is getting worse and worse and time is getting short. ...
Amen brother.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Several people near me have recently been diagnosed with various forms of cancer: two neighbors, one uncle, room mate's sister, several people at work... it is insane, it is as though cancer suddenly launched a mass attack... .
What kind of cancers?

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
... I was fortunate in that my grandma made me feel like I was her favorite. Whether I was or not, she loved me so very much...without a doubt. ...
My grandmother was much the same. Her and Papa weren't perfect, but about as close to it as I've ever seen. Everything seems so radically different now with them gone, and I still haven't really integrated that, but those times we spent together were truly some of the best memories I have. You're in my prayer friend from the bottom of my heart.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Please pray that my Family and I make a safe drive from Minneapolis to Waco tomorrow. Weather is going to suck and I hate freeway driving in blizzards. ...
That's a long drive, looks like you made it in already. Praise God!