Prayer Request Thread

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I pray for you Dr.D/Beau. A divorce is one thing, but kids growing up are at a very fragile time in their lives and something like a divorce or death even is enough to turn it upside down for the worse and for their future.

I pray for that good can arise from these bad situations.
Thank you. I am concerned for my daughter. I am very concerned. Her counselor told me that this now taking place may very well arrest her emotional development; the last thing a kid needs. And what does her mother having had affairs tell her about the sanctity of marriage, keeping a vow, honoring God, being a Proverbs 31 woman, etc? It tells her nothing good. What she is likely to learn from this is "moral relativism". That hurts my heart.

Surrendering this to God is the only way it will work, along with my doing everything I can to take the high road. I am trying to put all my trust in things unseen.

Thanks guys.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things (other people, places and circumstances) I cannot change;
courage to change the things (myself, my behavior, my attitude) I can;
and wisdom to know the difference (between what is my issue and what is someone else's) .

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

(parenthesis is mine)

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I cant tell you how many times a day I say that prayer. It seems there are days where God wants me to learn (or re-learn) patients. Thats when this prayer is a lifesaver.

Prayer request:

My fiancee is having her dog put down today,and she is having a very difficult time. If ya'll could say a prayer for her and maybe the dog too, it sure would be appreciated.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Prayer request:

My fiancee is having her dog put down today,and she is having a very difficult time. If ya'll could say a prayer for her and maybe the dog too, it sure would be appreciated.

Done.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I will keep you in my prayers. I don't know your particular situation, but I can appreciate the feelings associated with having a child kept at bay, as a pawn. Sad.
Very sad. As a man, you have a biological drive and God given duty to take care of your offspring, but you are also required to submit yourself to the authority of the land. Your ex is playing dirty too, so I know you can relate. It's emotionally crippling for a father to feel he can't protect his kids, especially his baby girl. I'm in the same boat. Thank you for the prayers my brothers. You can bet that you guys are in mine too and I don't know what else to do sometimes.

God help us and grant us victory over our enemies, do not let the righteous man fall and the wicked prevail! Amen.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I HEART you D you know Dat!!!

My prayers go out to all! and I feel for your situation also Beau.When I have more time Ill give more details its pretty insane!
You've been the best brother a guy could ask for mowry. How long have you been calling me on the phone and verbally pimp-slapping me into spiritual shape now? (lol) Over a year, and I am thankful for the support, prayer, fellowship and admonition. :)

I heart you guys too!

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for joining us.

Sometimes that's the only thing we can do and the only thing we should do. I've been (always am) on both ends of the equation. Thanks for playing your role in either case.

I often feel a void here that your presence certainly would fill well. You've been missed, sir.
Thank you B, this thread was a smart idea. We need to stay involved with each other and be connected in prayer constantly! Times ain't gettin' any better, and it's always been my honor to help out around here anytime, anyway I am needed. God bless you my friend.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Thank you. I am concerned for my daughter. I am very concerned. Her counselor told me that this now taking place may very well arrest her emotional development; the last thing a kid needs. And what does her mother having had affairs tell her about the sanctity of marriage, keeping a vow, honoring God, being a Proverbs 31 woman, etc? It tells her nothing good. What she is likely to learn from this is "moral relativism". That hurts my heart.

Surrendering this to God is the only way it will work, along with my doing everything I can to take the high road. I am trying to put all my trust in things unseen.

Thanks guys.
My wife called CPS and made a lot of accusation against me, then got a court order so that I can't have my w/e visitations with my girl. The daycare teacher calls me weekly saying her behavior is getting worse, she shows all the signs of sexual abuse. She was hiding under tables crying that she wanted her daddy. The next week she was rubbing herself with things in the private area, then last week she pinned a boy down and started dry humping him! This week she was punching herself in the face and clawing her arms and neck. Her teacher said it's classic signs of progressive sexual exposure or abuse and that she feels out of control, and I can't do sh!t about it because I can't even locate her. My ex won't let me have my court appointed time with her, won't answer my calls, pulled her from that daycare, and has CPS turned on her side somehow! The cops say they can't help and the lawyers say I must wait till after my hearing and hope the judge understands the game she's playing, but I am left on my knees begging God for something more because I have no idea where my baby is or what she's going through without me. Her mother has gone completely to the dark side and could care less what happens to our daughter now, as long as she can try to hurt me.

You're not alone Beau, and my heart bleeds for your daughter. I know how you feel. It gets real tough, but you can't quit, not even when you want to. You have partners here that pray for you and we won't quit either. God will fix it somehow.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You're not alone Beau, and my heart bleeds for your daughter. I know how you feel. It gets real tough, but you can't quit, not even when you want to. You have partners here that pray for you and we won't quit either. God will fix it somehow.
D - I am so sorry for what you are going through.

Thank you for your kind words.

I am really remorseful today. I haven't drank much over the past 10 or so years. Last night the aggregation of emotions was overwhelming and I opted to drink two bottles of wine to escape the pain. I've not done that in as long as I can remember.

It didn't help.

And it sure didn't glorify God.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
D - I am so sorry for what you are going through.

Thank you for your kind words.

I am really remorseful today. I haven't drank much over the past 10 or so years. Last night the aggregation of emotions was overwhelming and I opted to drink two bottles of wine to escape the pain. I've not done that in as long as I can remember.

It didn't help.

And it sure didn't glorify God.
That's ok B, don't beat yourself up over it. At least it was wine and loaded with anti-oxidants. :) A good man stumbles but he will overcome in the end. I got this Turning Point today and it's very timely...

I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you. - Jeremiah 29:11

A little girl walking in a garden saw a particularly beautiful flower and promptly picked it because she felt it was too pretty to be in the dirt. She then took the flower home and rinsed the dirt off with water. Shortly thereafter, the flower wilted and died. When the owner of that garden saw what the little girl had done, he exclaimed, "You have destroyed my finest plant!" "I'm sorry, but I didn't like it in all that dirt," said the girl. The gardener responded by saying, "I chose that spot and mixed the soil because I knew that only there could it grow to be a beautiful flower."

Sometimes we become like that little girl, fixated on the dirt of our life instead of seeing the beauty and growth that will emerge in time. But once we have experienced seeing the hand of God in our life, we have assurance that we can trust Him in His sovereignty. So, if it feels like nothing good will ever come out of what you are going through, be patient and steadfast, knowing that God "plans to give you a hope and a future" (Jeremiah 29:11).

I have lived a long time; and the longer I live, the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. - Benjamin Franklin

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the prayers guys. My fiancee is doing pretty well.

Lots of prayers going out to you guys. I understand the divorce thing all too well myself.

I got a call from my middle daughter 2 days ago I think it was. She lives with her mom (my ex) in another state. She is 18. She was almost hysterical. Over the weekend her mom and her grandmother, for lack of better words, mentally abused her. When she finally had enough of her grandmother she let her know in no uncertain terms. Her mom got in her face and told her she would take whatever her grandmother had to say, and she would do so with a smile on her face and say "yes ma'am". Now this girl has her **** together. She's graduating from high school, has been accepted into college, and has a plan for her life. Why are they doing this?? For Gods sake, if they really needed someone to do this to, my other daughter who is 19 is a drug abusing, alchoholic slut (I hate to say that about my own daughter, but it is the truth) But they think she walks on water!

Anyway, She is coming to live with me. Thank God she is 18 and the court system doesn't have to be involved.

My ex is bi polar, and I'm beginning to wonder about her mother. I think she is just a control freak but who knows.

Anyway... Thanks for letting me vent. I really needed to do this. Its been stressfull as hell, but it is going to work out for the best. I've turned it over to God now. Now I gotta go talk to my sponsor and fill him in :)

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
My ex is bi polar, and I'm beginning to wonder about her mother. I think she is just a control freak but who knows

I feel you there .Im in the same situation but my son is only 12 so Im biding my time as we cant have a relationship because my ex tries to destroy this marriage.She also grills my son about what his horrible father is upto.Pity but she still gets her child support every month even though shes a manipulating control freak!:aargh:

Im glad your daughter is coming to live with you!She sounds like a great kid.

Thanks for the prayers and Im glad your fiance is doing well also.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been led to share a bit about what I am finding so many of us are dealing with.

short story...bio dad divorced mom, he dropped out of picture, step dad alcoholic abuse, my own kids, divorce, 2000 miles distance the last several years, daughter 20, son turned 18 (missed another birthday) graduating in 3 weeks. I'll be flying to see him and my daughter...great relationhip with my ex and her husband...would really want the kids to reside with mom if they were local...anyway

I have agonized during this time of trust and faith I have had to practice waiting and hoping that at 18 and graduated my son would drop it all to come to be with me....well that may not come to fruition...

I have not had dad one, dad, two and even dad three (as much as I love him and how good he is to my mom he is a little too late really, but I love him and my kids call him grandpa) pick up a phone in 40 years to call me to tell me they are proud of me, they love me....they miss me. I have NO father relationship. Most of us are in the same boat with the same issue today.

The issue that aches so much in my heart is that I HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH MY SON...but I cannot be with him. He is such a nice boy, fun to be around...I just like him as much as I LOVE him.

Here is my point if I had one...the chain is broken! I have a relationship with my son. Not only is it "A" relationship it is A STRONG relationship...it has endured and perservered the time and the distance.

HE is a winner and I am a winner!!! We have eachother. This may be only the first piece of broken chains I may see but it may also be the last I see. But the chain is broken. I search my heart and pray and weep to exhaustion at times that the Lord may allow that we be together...but I hear not now...I have to find joy in being PART of the plan.

I get angry and frustrated at the circumstances. I become bitter and critical of others at times because of the underlying issue of "walking past my sons empty room" day after day. There are things that I WANT and things that I NEED that are being missed and I AM ANGRY...that I cannot be the DAD that I WANT TO BE...I must be the dad I need to be.

...I cannot work out my "fathers' sins" with my son.

If I believe that the Lord has broken my chain I need to move as far away from the end of it as I can. I am free to go. I do not need to be attached to this chain any longer.

I cannot say that I like things. I cannot say that I know for sure it will get better. I cannot say for certain anything other than...I have a relationship with my son.

So if you pass me by in the hallway or the office or even out on a beautiful sun shining day and you see me crying...you know where I am at...I am trusting and hoping and praying to tears that I find His grace to be sufficient :D

Sorry for the ramble. I find confession openly before God and man to be an asset in my growth.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I have a question for everyone who is posting on this thread:

1. What is it that keeps your relationship/belief/comittment strong in God when things keep getting worse ?

2. If things are not extremely bad now, but were in the past, what was it in the past that kept your relationship/belief/comittment strong in God ?

I've noticed a few times with some people that I know who are going through very difficult times that used to accept God all their lives and are now rejecting him.

Quote from a female that I know, "Once God took away my ex-bf, I just stopped praying to him. My ex was my life and a gift from God that made my life perfect, and now that he has left me, I cannot move myself towards God anymore, yet all my life I have believe in God. When I normally pray, I just stop myself as it has no use anymore."

This is very depressing. I won't let my own pride get in the way of 'correcting' her if you know what I mean, but just wanting to get people's take on it.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well Reaper her pride is the problem unfortunayely.Gods word says that "If you love anything more than me you are not worthy of me".

Too many people think "love" is a feeling.Love is the act of caring more for anothers well being than you do for your own desires and we dont want to hear that inour user friendly,politically correct,self centered society but Ill stop there.

Only God knows the future and her Mr perfect wasnt. God doesnt take things away from us unless they are harming our relationship with Him.Was she sleeping with him?Did she care more for her relationship with her ex than God these are sure signs that this relationship (though it felt perfect in the flesh ) was destructive to the spirit.These situations are where we need to make a commitment (now theres another word very few want to say : let alone hold to nowadays)

When Gods word said "He will NEVER leave you nor forsake you" and "he sticketh closer than a brother" we need to take that by faith "Now without faith it is impossible to please God, for whoever comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who diligently search for him."

So in the end it keeps coming down to a choice,plain and simple.If you walk away from Him when things are going good what does that say for our relationship.Hes not a genie in a bottle , He the creator of the universe,our savior,our deliverer,our comforter,our ever present help in time of trouble.

Ive been angry with God before and he understands just like he understands with your friend.Because I chose to kep trying to love him despite my anger and I sincerely wanted to be right in His sight,he healded me of many pains.

Gods word says that "he that endureth until the end shall be saved" so we need to keep enduring and pushing forward.Ive stumbled and walked pretty far off of the path a few times due to my own pride but in my heart Ive chosen that I want what He wants for me even if its not what I want at the time.

He must have a better plan for our lives than we do or else we wouldnt walk directly into sin."Sin is pleasure for a season but in the end it brings death"

To summarize its all about relationship and wanting it to grow stronger no matter what the cost.These few yrs we have on earth are either our heaven or our hell.He loves us so much that He lets us make the choice.For me these yrs are the worst I will ever have to endure because an eternity in hell isnt even an option.

I hope some of that made sense. :D Ill be praying for your friend to be restored in her relationship with God! "for God is love"

Last edited:

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
It is hard for me to say, and I can't really pass judgement on her since I don't know for certain, but it did seem like it was to a point where her ex-bf was #1 in her life and not God. This falls under false idols. Some people it is money, in her case it was her ex.

I think all of us are guilty of this at one point or another in our lives.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Im no different than her as I too have put things before God either knowingly or unknowingly but "man looks on the outward appearance but God looks on the heart" So if our heart is inclined towards Him he is faithful to work us all through these things in our lives.

All I can say is let her know that you care about the pain that shes in and let the love of Christ in you touch her.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
I've been led to share a bit about what I am finding so many of us are dealing with.

short story...bio dad divorced mom, he dropped out of picture, step dad alcoholic abuse, my own kids, divorce, 2000 miles distance the last several years, daughter 20, son turned 18 (missed another birthday) graduating in 3 weeks. I'll be flying to see him and my daughter...great relationhip with my ex and her husband...would really want the kids to reside with mom if they were local...anyway

I have agonized during this time of trust and faith I have had to practice waiting and hoping that at 18 and graduated my son would drop it all to come to be with me....well that may not come to fruition...

I have not had dad one, dad, two and even dad three (as much as I love him and how good he is to my mom he is a little too late really, but I love him and my kids call him grandpa) pick up a phone in 40 years to call me to tell me they are proud of me, they love me....they miss me. I have NO father relationship. Most of us are in the same boat with the same issue today.

The issue that aches so much in my heart is that I HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH MY SON...but I cannot be with him. He is such a nice boy, fun to be around...I just like him as much as I LOVE him.

Here is my point if I had one...the chain is broken! I have a relationship with my son. Not only is it "A" relationship it is A STRONG relationship...it has endured and perservered the time and the distance.

HE is a winner and I am a winner!!! We have eachother. This may be only the first piece of broken chains I may see but it may also be the last I see. But the chain is broken. I search my heart and pray and weep to exhaustion at times that the Lord may allow that we be together...but I hear not now...I have to find joy in being PART of the plan.

I get angry and frustrated at the circumstances. I become bitter and critical of others at times because of the underlying issue of "walking past my sons empty room" day after day. There are things that I WANT and things that I NEED that are being missed and I AM ANGRY...that I cannot be the DAD that I WANT TO BE...I must be the dad I need to be.

...I cannot work out my "fathers' sins" with my son.

If I believe that the Lord has broken my chain I need to move as far away from the end of it as I can. I am free to go. I do not need to be attached to this chain any longer.

I cannot say that I like things. I cannot say that I know for sure it will get better. I cannot say for certain anything other than...I have a relationship with my son.

So if you pass me by in the hallway or the office or even out on a beautiful sun shining day and you see me crying...you know where I am at...I am trusting and hoping and praying to tears that I find His grace to be sufficient :D

Sorry for the ramble. I find confession openly before God and man to be an asset in my growth.

Have that conversation with him. Tell him how much you love him and want to spend time with him.

I will be thinking of you and praying every Wednesday I'm able to do Legs with my own father. I cherish those workouts. I just really wish my dad would go out of his way to make plans with me other than to spend an hour to help me do something I couldn't normally do on my own. He makes his life so busy that I feel like I have to fight just to get that hour each week... and a lot of weeks I lose.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
B - can't begin to say how much that post hits home. You and your son were analgous to my dad and me.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
I consider myself very spiritual, and I believe there are forces at work which are larger than anything I could possibly fathom, but I do not subscribe to any religion.

That said, my grandmother believed very deeply in the Lord, so I will be saying a prayer for her tonight, as she passed away just minutes ago at the age of 93. All of you will be in my prayers as well tonight, and I ask that if you do pray, you send one out - not so much for me - but for my grandmother and my mother who is having a very hard time handling the news.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
shaddow my condolences on your loss I will be praying for all involved.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I consider myself very spiritual, and I believe there are forces at work which are larger than anything I could possibly fathom, but I do not subscribe to any religion.

That said, my grandmother believed very deeply in the Lord, so I will be saying a prayer for her tonight, as she passed away just minutes ago at the age of 93. All of you will be in my prayers as well tonight, and I ask that if you do pray, you send one out - not so much for me - but for my grandmother and my mother who is having a very hard time handling the news.
I am sorry to hear of your loss. I too lost my grandmother just recently. She lived to 86. May you all find comfort in the Lord during this time of grief. I pray that soon you will move from mourning to the celebration of a long and full life.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
I just wanted to say that m I just broke up with my girlfriend. She has some emotional issues and took this breakup very very hard. I too am having a bit of a hard time but not like her. I pray for her and hope that she will be able to bounce back okay as I only want her to be happy. I also pray that she can find God again, as she has somewhat lost her faith. Thanks guys.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
matticus Im sorry to hear this.Ill be praying fpr her emotional issues and I hope she finds her faith in God again as this is where the true source of healing is.Best of luck my friend and youll be in my prayers also.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Consider it done.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It feels good to pray for us all who care to be prayed for on this thread.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Great idea B, I'm gonna be a dad any day now, and I've been praying about that everyday since I found out. All I want is a happy healthy little girl. I pray that I can be a good parent, and learn how to think about more than just my selfish selfcentered bullsh*t desires.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well folks today my ex wife lost her mind,went crazy on my wife and said shes taking me to court.Also I just found out tonite that I have 2 wks left on this job and then I dont have a job.I know that the Lord will make my latter times greater than my former but I would still appreciate prayer for these areas and for peace in my house and family.Thank you all very much.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
LilPsy you will be in my prayers tonight, and I bet you will make a fine father.

Mmowry I will be sure to pray for your wishes of peace in house and family, and also your employment situation.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Well folks today my ex wife lost her mind,went crazy on my wife and said shes taking me to court.Also I just found out tonite that I have 2 wks left on this job and then I dont have a job.I know that the Lord will make my latter times greater than my former but I would still appreciate prayer for these areas and for peace in my house and family.Thank you all very much.
What is your first name? I'll pray for you.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys its much appreciated!

Heres some encouragement that my wife was led to last night.This is a good word for all in similar circumstances.

Psalm 64

1 Hear my voice, O God, in my prayer: preserve my life from fear of the enemy.

2 Hide me from the secret counsel of the wicked; from the insurrection of the workers of iniquity:

3 Who whet their tongue like a sword, and bend their bows to shoot their arrows, even bitter words:

4 That they may shoot in secret at the perfect: suddenly do they shoot at him, and fear not.

5 They encourage themselves in an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

6 They search out iniquities; they accomplish a diligent search: both the inward thought of every one of them, and the heart, is deep.

7 But God shall shoot at them with an arrow; suddenly shall they be wounded.

8 So they shall make their own tongue to fall upon themselves: all that see them shall flee away.

9 And all men shall fear, and shall declare the work of God; for they shall wisely consider of his doing.

10 The righteous shall be glad in the LORD, and shall trust in him; and all the upright in heart shall glory.

Praying for you all!

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
praise report

Through a strange chain of events my brother in law and I are the only 2 subcons left in our turf area so atleast for the time being we have a stay of execution.Thanks for the prayers guys and most importantly

PRAISE JESUS!!!!

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I was out of the office today, but I recieved an email that I checked not too long ago. One of my co-workers died last night in his sleep. He was a really nice guy and all this was very sudden for my department. If you could say a prayer for him I'd greatly appreciate it.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
I was out of the office today, but I recieved an email that I checked not too long ago. One of my co-workers died last night in his sleep. He was a really nice guy and all this was very sudden for my department. If you could say a prayer for him I'd greatly appreciate it.
Will do Reap.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Someone please say a prayer for me. I'm having one of the worst nights of my life, and I just feel abandoned by God at the moment. I don't know that I've ever had a worse feeling inside of me. I'd really appreciate the prayers. It's been a terrible hour, and I hope it passes soon.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ive got you covered (in prayer that is)

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
I hope and pray that things will work out for the better Ozarka.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Someone please say a prayer for me. I'm having one of the worst nights of my life, and I just feel abandoned by God at the moment. I don't know that I've ever had a worse feeling inside of me. I'd really appreciate the prayers. It's been a terrible hour, and I hope it passes soon.
It will pass on brutha. You will be in my prayers.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is not a faith debate thread. This is not a God debate thread.

Insensitivity, mockery and disrespect will not be tolerated in this thread.

If you got 'em, post them. You don't believe in God or a god or prayer give it to someone who does and let them do so on your behalf.
I wanted to take moment to share a point, a point that I have a sense of conviction about.

We all have our faith or lack of faith. We all have our god or God or higher power or none at all.

It is often a very fine line I walk as a Christian, a private life employee, and an Administrator, when posting in or generating threads like this, to remain, neutral, PC, and ultimately sensitive to the diversity of our world and our community when it comes to these matters.

So with the intention of abiding by the conviction I have felt, I would like to remind ALL of us that we have no ownership as THE right faith or THE God or god in the context of this open board.

To my fellow Christian brothers, as well as my fellow men of A faith, and my community members, I request, that we (meaning myself as well) remember that we have a world of diversity yet embody a community of fellowship.

I apologize if I have offended anyone in particular or any in general by expressing my own personal faith.

Prayer DOES transcend denomination or observence or adherence of or to a particular faith. Please support me in allowing and pursueing a community fellowship of prayer that transcend all of the above.

With respect much respect.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good morning.

It got quiet in here. I wanted to restate what I posted above, but maybe in a way that is more appropriate.

To the insensitive - be sensitive.
To the sensitive - don't be hypersensitive.

With that said:

Praise for the victories achieved by those who are and have stepped up and out in their faith.

Prayer for those who have achieved victories by and for stepping up and out and in their faith.

Prayer for myself and my son as he is soon to be here, this Tuesday, for a visit. As short as it may be, may it be fruitful and fulfilling for us both.

Prayer for crader, her family and loved ones, as her father has recently passed.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I had no idea Craders father had passed... I'll be sure to include her in my prayers.

Enjoy your time with your son B. My son is visiting his mom till mid July, but when he comes back his sister is coming with him for a visit. I only get her for 2 weeks, but it will be wonderful to spend that time with her.

With that, I have another daughter, who seems to be trying to live her life the way I used to... by drinking it away. I'd appreciate any prayers for her, as she really needs help.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, my visits have really been reduced as they have gotten older. My son will be here for only 2 weeks as well. I did see him at graduation.

My 20yo daughter won't be making it this summer at all. I did see her for my 4 day visit at graduation as well.

Not happy, but trying to accept.

I just saw crader mention so in her thread.

Will certainly keep you in prayer regarding daughter. One of my greatest concern for all mine as well.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, my visits have really been reduced as they have gotten older. My son will be here for only 2 weeks as well.
Well, we have had some time together off and on the last couple day. I work the entire weekend FSS from 5 to 5 so he has spent Friday, Friday night, Saturday, Saturday night and will be at home when I get there at 5:30PM. I have the next 10 days of his vistit remaining and I have the entire time off of work. I need prayer for patience. We are a blended family and my wife (his step mom) wears on his patience, and as much as I love my wife, I empathize with him.

He has been candid enough to very maturely share some truths about this matter and been mature enough to ask me to help him be patient and to find time alone for just the two of us.

I am blessed, he is a good son.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
An update - and a thanks to God: I'll be spending the next few days with my 22 year old son. Our relationship has grown enormously. He is still unwilling to meet with his unfaithful mother.

Better yet, I spoke with my daughter's counselor and my daughter, the counselor and I will be meeting sometime with the next two weeks (probably on Tuesday, July 8th). This is the first time I will be able to deal directly with my daughter since September 2007, although I've seen her briefly on two occasions. Please include me/my daughter/this reconciliation in your prayers' sepcifically that God will give me the strength to focus on my daughter's hurt and feelings; ignoring the inaccuracy of the distorted views provided to her by her mother.

This is a major breakthrough.

Thanks be to God.