Post Your Best Proats Recipes And Win Select

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Flavouring wise it seemed to work better adding in the Protein 4 Oats after the oats were cooked rather than prior. We tried various methods when developing the flavouring and that seemed to have a unanimous vote. :)
Yup, I added the P4O after the oats were cooked. Right at first, the flavor was really good but then it got a little bit off. Not sure if my bowl was retaining too much heat for it because we always have to use different bowls for my daughter so that the oats will cool down enough for her to eat them. That's why I wanted to try the overnight method. Flavor was really good all the way through. I will try the regular way again with a different bowl and see.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tried cold oats with 1 scoops pb honey and 1 scoop PES vegan wild berry, but the vegan wild berry completely overtook the flavor. I was trying to go for a PB&J type flavor but missed. I'll adjust the Wild berry next time

compan

compan

Awards
Mixed up PB & Honey as a shake yesterday just to try it outside of oats...I like it a lot for a shake flavor. Mixes very well. I feel like the same ratio I had before of 70/30 PB to Honey still holds true in milk rather than oats.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gave simple pancakes a go
-1/2 cup oats ->grind them up
-serving of protein 4 oats PB&H
-1 egg
-almond milk eyeball it
. The flavor went away. Good taste but not flavorful. I'm finding that taste goes away with warmth. I love cold mixing it!
IMG_5657.jpg

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The flavor definitely seems to be better in the overnight oats than adding it right after cooking the oats with the Apple Cinnamon. This was the first time trying the overnight method and I have to say that I like it! Doesn't take as much time in the morning and on mornings where I really just want to stay in bed, I can see this being a good thing to have ready. Lol!

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The flavor definitely seems to be better in the overnight oats than adding it right after cooking the oats with the Apple Cinnamon. This was the first time trying the overnight method and I have to say that I like it! Doesn't take as much time in the morning and on mornings where I really just want to stay in bed, I can see this being a good thing to have ready. Lol!
I will for sure give this a try if it's Lukey approved! I love that morning ease as well so for sure a winner.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just mixed my P4O with some Cinnamon Toast Crunch. It was different, but good.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Used a P4O shake as milk? Sounds like it would be a good combo

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Strange enough I just had a bowl of that cereal last night before bed. Wife hit my sweet tooth after going grocery shopping yesterday had to have a bowl!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I think I may keep Brown Sugar Maple in stock here permanently... It's legit a better brown sugar replacement in baking than any combination I've tried myself here.

I swapped it in a recipe 1:1 in place of brown sugar and it turned out. Strait up sugar for protein swap.

I also enjoy it in oats Just excited to have a new toy to bake with. I had it in instant oats and it really is comparable to Quaker instant brown sugar oatmeal packets. Not bad at all for the macros!

Raw cell photo of some sugar free cookies:

IMG_0476.jpg

For me Brown Sugar is the more potent taste here, which tbh I may prefer. I love maple but it would deserve a standalone flavour to really shine. According to my buds this is 70/30 BS/M

Thanks for the feedback all, psyched I have mine and get to experience it myself now as well
Close to enough reviews here for a dedicated review thread, I will be compiling one soon so if you have more thoughts to share (or have yet to do so) lay it on us!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Um, so I just make mine into a paste and eat it. Sooooo friggen good!

I have apple cinnamon and I've been putting it on my Ezekiel toast post workout and in with my cream of wheat.
That actually does sound like it would be great as a Spread, or even as a dip for apple slices maybe

Cream of Wheat/CoR will be up real soon for me.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Gave simple pancakes a go
-1/2 cup oats ->grind them up
-serving of protein 4 oats PB&H
-1 egg
-almond milk eyeball it
. The flavor went away. Good taste but not flavorful. I'm finding that taste goes away with warmth. I love cold mixing it!
View attachment 155755
Sure looks good man, if you prefer it not heated maybe do some crepe rolls? They cool super fast and wrap 'em around some strawberries/whipped cream ?

I really like the brown sugar warm, I needed to have it cold at work today and I can't say I see a difference. I need to grab PB&H though, like a kind-hearted idiot I let my sister have mine lol

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sure looks good man, if you prefer it not heated maybe do some crepe rolls? They cool super fast and wrap 'em around some strawberries/whipped cream ?

I really like the brown sugar warm, I needed to have it cold at work today and I can't say I see a difference. I need to grab PB&H though, like a kind-hearted idiot I let my sister have mine lol
I hope to have enough left for some crepes... i've been going through the bag in cold oats and shakes haha

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Ideas for the apple cinnamon? I just can't do it in my oats. It is so strong tasting I feel like almost too much cinnamon.
Driven2lift recipe for those cookies? Just a normal cookie and swap the sugar?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Too much cinnamon is a thing?
Would more oats skew macros too much?

Recipe coming soon sorry long work week. Basically though yes use a choc chip cookie recipe and swap the brown sugar out. I added a 1/2 tbsp Stevia thinking it would need sweetness, but I'm skipping that going forward

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
All done with my bag of P4O.

Final Review
First off I would like to thank the PES team for the opportunity to try this new product out. You guys are truly awesome and you have been exceptionally good to me in the recent past (hook ups after a misunderstanding lol), but I will remain un-biased in my review. I would also like to note that I do not have much of a reference to other PES Proteins for me to compare. I have tasted a protein but maybe a year or so ago from a sample and to be honest I cannot recall flavors, texture, etc. The only other protein product I have tasted are the Vegan Wild Berry and Vegan PB Delight. I also want to add that I will review the product below without pricing into consideration, not until the very end will I consider this factor.

Protein 4 Oats (P4O) – Peanut Butter & Honey
Let me break it down in the methods that I tried this.

Cold Shake (blender bottle and/or ice blender)
Taste: 10/10
Very, very, and very tasty! The peanut butter pops out first and you get the honey taste very subtle towards the end of a gulp. I absolutely love peanut butter, so for me this is a win! In a blender bottle it is a thin flavored milk product. With ice, you get an awesome smoothie. Absolutely loved it.

Mix: 10/10
No issues again. The product mixes great. 3 shakes and it was good to go.

Conclusion: 9/10
The product is not meant for a standalone shake, but it mixes great and it comes out like a flavored milk result. Not thick, but delicious. I am knocking it down a few just because of the protein content, but again not meant for a standalone shake.

Cold Overnight Oats
Wow. Extremely delicious. Again big peanut butter taste and subtle honey after taste.

No issues again. I really enjoyed just swirling a few times and the product mixing very easily. I would do 1 cup of dry oats and 1 serving of the P4O

Conclusion: 10/10
For me, the product absolutely shined with cold oats. I really enjoy them in cold oats.

Mix as Label Instructions into cooked oats
Taste: 7/10
The product seemed to have taken an almost complete 180 here. I could not taste the peanut butter and the sweet honey was taking most of the taste. I personally did not like this. I tried it once and did not do this method again.

No issues. Easy to mix into the oats.

Conclusion: 7.5/10
I am knocking it points just because I tried the product as per instructions into cooked oats and didn’t get a PB&H taste. Just slightly sweet oats.

Pancakes. 7.5/10
I kind of messed up my ratios, but it mixes in perfect. No issues cooking! The only thing to watch out for is the thinness of the product. It throws off the batter if you are not careful with the added milk. The other issue was that again the peanut butter gets hidden.

Overall Conclusion: 9/10
I went through the bag real quick! I absolutely loved it with cold oats and as a standalone shake, especially blended with ice. I came to the conclusion that flavoring changes when heat is applied to the product. Not sure why that would happen?

If we were to consider pricing, then the product becomes a different story. I can acquire awesome peanut butter taste cheaper by adding in peanut butter and using a whey protein. Also, if you just wanted proats, without really caring for taste you can get good tasting mixture by adding in your whey protein powder without the need to buy an additional product. Would I buy it? Yea, if I saw a price I couldn’t resist, but I would not add it into my grocery list as a must have. The product is absolutely delicious, but I don’t see the point in buying an additional product.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
All done with my bag of P4O.

Final Review
First off I would like to thank the PES team for the opportunity to try this new product out. You guys are truly awesome and you have been exceptionally good to me in the recent past (hook ups after a misunderstanding lol), but I will remain un-biased in my review. I would also like to note that I do not have much of a reference to other PES Proteins for me to compare. I have tasted a protein but maybe a year or so ago from a sample and to be honest I cannot recall flavors, texture, etc. The only other protein product I have tasted are the Vegan Wild Berry and Vegan PB Delight. I also want to add that I will review the product below without pricing into consideration, not until the very end will I consider this factor.

Protein 4 Oats (P4O) – Peanut Butter & Honey
Let me break it down in the methods that I tried this.

Cold Shake (blender bottle and/or ice blender)
Very, very, and very tasty! The peanut butter pops out first and you get the honey taste very subtle towards the end of a gulp. I absolutely love peanut butter, so for me this is a win! In a blender bottle it is a thin flavored milk product. With ice, you get an awesome smoothie. Absolutely loved it.

No issues again. The product mixes great. 3 shakes and it was good to go.

Conclusion: 9/10
The product is not meant for a standalone shake, but it mixes great and it comes out like a flavored milk result. Not thick, but delicious. I am knocking it down a few just because of the protein content, but again not meant for a standalone shake.

Cold Overnight Oats
Wow. Extremely delicious. Again big peanut butter taste and subtle honey after taste.

No issues again. I really enjoyed just swirling a few times and the product mixing very easily. I would do 1 cup of dry oats and 1 serving of the P4O

Conclusion: 10/10
For me, the product absolutely shined with cold oats. I really enjoy them in cold oats.

Mix as Label Instructions into cooked oats
Taste: 7/10
The product seemed to have taken an almost complete 180 here. I could not taste the peanut butter and the sweet honey was taking most of the taste. I personally did not like this. I tried it once and did not do this method again.

No issues. Easy to mix into the oats.

Conclusion: 7.5/10
I am knocking it points just because I tried the product as per instructions into cooked oats and didn’t get a PB&H taste. Just slightly sweet oats.

Pancakes. 7.5/10
I kind of messed up my ratios, but it mixes in perfect. No issues cooking! The only thing to watch out for is the thinness of the product. It throws off the batter if you are not careful with the added milk. The other issue was that again the peanut butter gets hidden.

Overall Conclusion: 9/10
I went through the bag real quick! I absolutely loved it with cold oats and as a standalone shake, especially blended with ice. I came to the conclusion that flavoring changes when heat is applied to the product. Not sure why that would happen?

If we were to consider pricing, then the product becomes a different story. I can acquire awesome peanut butter taste cheaper by adding in peanut butter and using a whey protein. Also, if you just wanted proats, without really caring for taste you can get good tasting mixture by adding in your whey protein powder without the need to buy an additional product. Would I buy it? Yea, if I saw a price I couldn’t resist, but I would not add it into my grocery list as a must have. The product is absolutely delicious, but I don’t see the point in buying an additional product.
Great feedback brother and glad you enjoyed it. I haven't tried the P4O in a shake yet but I will have to try my PB&H shake tomorrow and see what I think.

Once again thank you for reviewing!

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great feedback brother and glad you enjoyed it. I haven't tried the P4O in a shake yet but I will have to try my PB&H shake tomorrow and see what I think.

Once again thank you for reviewing!
I recommend a blender with ice, but a shake with cold liquid will also do.
Just let me know anywhere else you would like me to put my review in. Is there a product review in the appropriate section of the forum?

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I recommend a blender with ice, but a shake with cold liquid will also do.
Just let me know anywhere else you would like me to put my review in. Is there a product review in the appropriate section of the forum?
Blender it is! Here is great and if they have a tab in the review section that would be great if you could throw it up. Maybe Ben might have specified other places but I'll let him judge on that.

Thanks again!

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks to driven4lift for hooking me up with a bag of Maple P4O.

I was a bit skeptical on the concept of this product but have to admit the protein mixed with the oats & hot water much better than regular select.
The taste is on point as you would expect from PES.
I added in pecans so it was Maple Pecan Oats.

Overall my decision to buy would be based on price if the bags are within $1-2/lb of regular Select.

Beta

Awards
  • Established
Whats up guys! Been pretty slammed the past 2 weeks but just picked up my 12 servings of apple cinnamon protein4oats. Will update when I finally break the bad boys out! Thanks again for the hookup!

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks to driven4lift for hooking me up with a bag of Maple P4O.

I was a bit skeptical on the concept of this product but have to admit the protein mixed with the oats & hot water much better than regular select.
The taste is on point as you would expect from PES.
I added in pecans so it was Maple Pecan Oats.

Overall my decision to buy would be based on price if the bags are within $1-2/lb of regular Select.
Thank you for the feedback brother. Now you just need to give the other flavors a shot! Pb/honey is my personal favorite for sure but they all spruce up oats nicely!
Whats up guys! Been pretty slammed the past 2 weeks but just picked up my 12 servings of apple cinnamon protein4oats. Will update when I finally break the bad boys out! Thanks again for the hookup!
Thanks for updating. Definitely let us know how you like it!

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank you for the feedback brother. Now you just need to give the other flavors a shot! Pb/honey is my personal favorite for sure but they all spruce up oats nicely!
That sounds perfect for me, Thx! :)

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anybody else have the chance to try their hook up yet? Really looking forward to some follow up from everyone! I strongly suggest everyone follow the directions first and get creative after if they feel necessary.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Got a chance to try maple brown sugar several ways over night, warm, and shake with milk. Warm I will say the flavor gets lost, over night much better taste, hate to say it but in milk for a shake was the best flavoring for me. Maybe I am doing something wrong but warm in oats not much going on at all. Flavoring not even close to the packets you can buy. I do realize less sugar, added protein, so PES makes oatmeal better but for me not tastier.

Beta

Awards
  • Established
Just had my first serving of Apple Cinnamon p4o! Initial thoughts below:

Flavor: The apple part of it seemed a little on the weaker side with cinnamon definitely being the dominant flavor. Nonetheless, very good! Leaves a pleasant cinnamon aftertaste.

Mixability/Texture: PES nailed it on this one. Noticeably better mixability in oats than other proteins I've tried.

I plan on experimenting with the remaining 11 servings and will report back. Thanks again for the hookup!

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Got a chance to try maple brown sugar several ways over night, warm, and shake with milk. Warm I will say the flavor gets lost, over night much better taste, hate to say it but in milk for a shake was the best flavoring for me. Maybe I am doing something wrong but warm in oats not much going on at all. Flavoring not even close to the packets you can buy. I do realize less sugar, added protein, so PES makes oatmeal better but for me not tastier.
Thank you for taking the time to throw up some feedback.
Just had my first serving of Apple Cinnamon p4o! Initial thoughts below:

Flavor: The apple part of it seemed a little on the weaker side with cinnamon definitely being the dominant flavor. Nonetheless, very good! Leaves a pleasant cinnamon aftertaste.

Mixability/Texture: PES nailed it on this one. Noticeably better mixability in oats than other proteins I've tried.

I plan on experimenting with the remaining 11 servings and will report back. Thanks again for the hookup!
Thanks for the initial report. Please let us know what you come up with and what worked best for you after finishing. ?

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe we will get some midweek submissions. :)

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Posted this in the other thread but I was suggested to try this combo from Xrkc6x

did 1 scoop CPBC + 1/2 serving Apple Cinnamon Oats
20g Oats
40g Egg Whites
100g Zucchini Grated

Very good since I don't care too much for the apple cinnamon4oats because its too strong for the cinnamon.

download.png

Beta

Awards
  • Established
Spruced up my oats this morning:
40g oats
20g Protein4Oats Apple Cinnamon
half a fuji apple, diced
Cinnamon to taste

^Fire. The apple helped balance the flavor and texture. Big fan.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Even Specified the apple type, good on you ;)

I can see the typical apple pie apple varieties being best in the mix for sure.

I love my granny Smith's but adding tart into the cinnamon mix may be a little much

Beta

Awards
  • Established
Even Specified the apple type, good on you ;)

I can see the typical apple pie apple varieties being best in the mix for sure.

I love my granny Smith's but adding tart into the cinnamon mix may be a little much
Haha, definitely a time and place for each apple variety.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Spruced up my oats this morning:
40g oats
20g Protein4Oats Apple Cinnamon
half a fuji apple, diced
Cinnamon to taste

^Fire. The apple helped balance the flavor and texture. Big fan.
Added apple and cinnamon to the P4O flavoring? The flavor is already so evident seems it may over kill. But I definitely love hearing all the ideas. :)

Beta

Awards
  • Established
Added apple and cinnamon to the P4O flavoring? The flavor is already so evident seems it may over kill. But I definitely love hearing all the ideas. :)
Yep, haha. I felt the cinnamon was more overpowering than the apple, so I added the diced apples for the flavor and texture. Also, I am a cinna-holic, so why not add more cinnamon hahah.

I personally loved it.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep, haha. I felt the cinnamon was more overpowering than the apple, so I added the diced apples for the flavor and texture. Also, I am a cinna-holic, so why not add more cinnamon hahah.

I personally loved it.
Nice! I like cinnamon but I tend to lighten the cinnamon in my oats. Strange as every other food I have with cinnamon I dose it on very heavy.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Let me thank Driven2lift for sending this pack of deliciousness to me.

My first PEScience product and I have to say, it's just awesome! Got the Maple Brown Sugar flavour for the love of Maple Syrup since childhood.

My comparison will be with MyProtein Whey

Taste- 10/10. I used to do proats with my MyProtein Whey. Never enjoyed my proats. But, you guys nailed it.

Mix ability- 10/10- no clumps and easy to mix.

Thanks again for this opportunity. Have to try other flavours and decide which flavour I am going to stick with.

You guys did a great job!

IMG_2865.jpg

My recipe is not fancy at all. Just proats with some Iranian dates and Almonds.

Attachments

Last edited:
Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Any time sir, thank you for your thoughts in return

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have to say the Cinnamon apple is great. Perfect old fashioned oatmeal flavoring. The blend of cinnamon is perfect, but I am a cinnnamon junkie. I even added extra cinnamon to mine one of the times I had it. I would rate this an easy 8/10. The only reason it's not a full ten of ten is because regular PES select, particularly Snickerdoodle and CPBC are simply unreal in oatmeal. Also the mix was a little grainy, like the protein didn't fully dissolve in, even with ample water. Regular select Inever have that issue Either way PES has the best protein for oatmeal. I am looking forward to trying the other protein4oats flavors.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Let me thank Driven2lift for sending this pack of deliciousness to me.

My first PEScience product and I have to say, it's just awesome! Got the Maple Brown Sugar flavour for the love of Maple Syrup since childhood.

My comparison will be with MyProtein Whey

Taste- 10/10. I used to do proats with my MyProtein Whey. Never enjoyed my proats. But, you guys nailed it.

Mix ability- 10/10- no clumps and easy to mix.

Thanks again for this opportunity. Have to try other flavours and decide which flavour I am going to stick with.

You guys did a great job!

View attachment 156262

My recipe is not fancy at all. Just proats with some Iranian dates and Almonds.
When I first looked at the picture it looked like how my grandma made me oats with dried cherries and then I realized I haven't had that since I was a kid. Man was that bomb!

Thank you kindly for the review! Glad you liked it. You must try the other flavors especially PB. ;)

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have to say the Cinnamon apple is great. Perfect old fashioned oatmeal flavoring. The blend of cinnamon is perfect, but I am a cinnnamon junkie. I even added extra cinnamon to mine one of the times I had it. I would rate this an easy 8/10. The only reason it's not a full ten of ten is because regular PES select, particularly Snickerdoodle and CPBC are simply unreal in oatmeal. Also the mix was a little grainy, like the protein didn't fully dissolve in, even with ample water. Regular select Inever have that issue Either way PES has the best protein for oatmeal. I am looking forward to trying the other protein4oats flavors.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts bro. I'm sure you will enjoy the other flavors. :)

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
When I first looked at the picture it looked like how my grandma made me oats with dried cherries and then I realized I haven't had that since I was a kid. Man was that bomb!

Thank you kindly for the review! Glad you liked it. You must try the other flavors especially PB. ;)
No doubt. I am going to try all the flavors and decide which is going to be my Proats partner..

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No doubt. I am going to try all the flavors and decide which is going to be my Proats partner..
I'm down to my last few scoops of my first bag of PB honey and still about half way full on the other two flavors if that tells you anything! Definitely my favorite.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm down to my last few scoops of my first bag of PB honey and still about half way full on the other two flavors if that tells you anything! Definitely my favorite.
But but.. No love for Maple Brown Sugar?

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
But but.. No love for Maple Brown Sugar?
Oh I'm a fan of all 3. Pb has had a way with my heart for a long time though. Same reason I've been consuming peanut butter cookie select like it's going to evaporate if I don't eat it. ?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
PB & H is up tomorrow for me, so far Brown Sugar has the lead

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established