Please Review & Comment on Lab Results

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I turn 40 in a few months and can feel great, but I'm definitely no longer 21. I would love to hear some feedback on how I can optimize my numbers, maybe naturally. I have several friends on TRT, because they want to be optimal and not just "aging". I don't want to consider TRT until I literally cannot get out of bed. Here are the only numbers I have from my blood tests last week, June 30th. Tests were done at 9:50am.

I've always been low-normal for LH/FSH and also my thyroid levels (which could be secondary Hyperthyroid.) My GP is good, but he's a "numbers are within normal range" guy. I feel pretty good, but I've had a lot of stress and sleep issues the last 2 years.

NOTE: My liver, lipids, etc. all look awesome, so I did not include those, but just the labs in question. I bolded my result and then the range after.

EOSINOPHILS [H]: 8% / 0-7

TSH: 1.0 UIU/ML / 0.5-4.7 (I tend to always be low-normal)
FREE T4: 1.17 NG/DL / 0.73-1.95
T3 TOTAL: 77 NG/DL / 60-181

Total Test: 586 NG/DL / 300-1080

SHGB: 37 NMOL/L / 16.5-55.9

FREE TEST: 11.8 NG/DL / 4.8-25.7

FSH: 3.1 MIU/ML / 1.3 - 11.4 (usually low-normal)

LH: 2.7 MIU/ML / 1.2 - 7.8

ESTRADIOL: 29 PG/ML / <=63

VITAMIN D, 25 OH: 48 NG/ML / 30-100

VITAMIN B-12: 663 PG/ML / 250-1100

Many thanks for your help, guys!!

DozerDean

DozerDean

Awards
Im not trying to play an internet doctor but from those lab values everything looks good. How do you feel? Im pushing 40 too and i can tell you that im feeling it. If you're feeling good then dont change too much bc you must be doing something right. Feeling like a 60yo?.. get some "outside" time! Hiking, biking, sports.. that always helps the stress and keeps me from turning into an intolerable rage monster. And for your sleep issues there are great prescription options that really help and are not habbit forming.. i prefer Lunesta.. wake up feeling like a champ!

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks. Lately I've felt run down a bit and I think it's showing in the labs. My Free Test is the big concern. It's significantly down from 4 years ago.

I'm taking Trazadone for sleep, but wanna get off it; I don't wanna rely on scrip pills, but can look into lunesta.

My friends who are on TRT just say "it's time", but for some reason I'm just "not there" in my head.

j4ever41

Awards
Thanks. Lately I've felt run down a bit and I think it's showing in the labs. My Free Test is the big concern. It's significantly down from 4 years ago.

I'm taking Trazadone for sleep, but wanna get off it; I don't wanna rely on scrip pills, but can look into lunesta.

My friends who are on TRT just say "it's time", but for some reason I'm just "not there" in my heady .
I would not listen to those friends if I was you, nobody worth their salt is going to put you on trt with those levels

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would not listen to those friends if I was you, nobody worth their salt is going to put you on trt with those levels
Well, all these guys been doing TRT since their 20's, several competitors, one Pro...so yeah, they're a bit biased.

I'm not impressed with my Total. What would you do in my shoes to optimize these levels? Thanks!!

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You look great on paper. A real tribulus product might help you a lot with the lower LH numbers. I always had great results using Vitrix before TRT.

j4ever41

Awards
Well, all these guys been doing TRT since their 20's, several competitors, one Pro...so yeah, they're a bit biased.

I'm not impressed with my Total. What would you do in my shoes to optimize these levels? Thanks!!
what i did to get my levels back up, which by the way are not where yours is at, tt of 600 is pretty damn good, was to take low dose clomid for an extended period of time, but that might depend on your history, such as aas usage, I did have a hx of that to include not coming off at all for 2 years, my levels after several months off were around 200 with ft of 2.0.after being off clomid for awhile my tt is mid-high 400s and ft 4 +, I got 10 years on ya and would love your levels, I'm going to get get bw again soon to see where I am, depending where you are with lifestyle maybe you can improve your levels more with changes.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your numbers look great, I would not even consider TRT at this point, that would be ridiculous.

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
what i did to get my levels back up, which by the way are not where yours is at, tt of 600 is pretty damn good, was to take low dose clomid for an extended period of time, but that might depend on your history, such as aas usage, I did have a hx of that to include not coming off at all for 2 years, my levels after several months off were around 200 with ft of 2.0.after being off clomid for awhile my tt is mid-high 400s and ft 4 +, I got 10 years on ya and would love your levels, I'm going to get get bw again soon to see where I am, depending where you are with lifestyle maybe you can improve your levels more with changes.
Never took AAS, but I took prohormones at 28 years old, two runs, then one run of Junble Warfare at 30, and only for 6 weeks. Since 2010, I've probably run test boosters once to twice a year and for no longer than 4 weeks. Would that have any impact on my numbers today? Do OTC boosters, nor prohormones, have a cumulative effect over time to speed up a decrease in natural hormones in men? I bet a lot of supplement companies will say 'no', but really, what impact does it have??

So at some point, before getting on TRT for life, once could try something like clomid to help bring up Free Test?

Your numbers look great, I would not even consider TRT at this point, that would be ridiculous.
Thank you for the reply and encouragement. I just wish I could bring up that Free Test and keep the estro and SHGB at bay. I'm going to see how Alphamax XT works for me. ...As I mentioned above, I wonder now if occasional use of OTC boosters really have an impact on the decrease of hormones in men over time. ...Hmmmm.... Some guys LIVE on OTC boosters, and I don't, but I'd like to see the research not paid for by a supplement company, and I mean no offense to them, but you know how that goes (I.e. Big Pharma with their "independent studies"). I wholly support supplements over Big Pharma.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd look into tongkat ali. I believe that is the ultimate OTC product for increased free test, mood boost, and libido.

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd look into tongkat ali. I believe that is the ultimate OTC product for increased free test, mood boost, and libido.
Cheers. Alphamax XT has TKA and a bunch of other things. I'm also looking at Viron down the line, which has TKA..

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cheers. Alphamax XT has TKA and a bunch of other things. I'm also looking at Viron down the line, which has TKA..
Great choice. The huge dose of 3,4-Divanil with the TKA is great in Alphamax XT. And like you mentioned it has a slew of other awesome ingredients. To not only boost free test and libido, but also control cortisol and estrogen. I'm 37, so I like the reduced refractory from the L-DOPA. I don't think the younger guys notice it as much lol.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Never looked at that product before, but if I were going natty, that would be worth a look for sure. Nice dosing, which is rare.

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great choice. The huge dose of 3,4-Divanil with the TKA is great in Alphamax XT. And like you mentioned it has a slew of other awesome ingredients. To not only boost free test and libido, but also control cortisol and estrogen. I'm 37, so I like the reduced refractory from the L-DOPA. I don't think the younger guys notice it as much lol.
I'm on my 14th day of it. Don't feel anything yet, but will be patient.

j4ever41

Awards
i just got bw after taking viron for 4 weeks, I let you know the results

j4ever41

Awards
well I got bw back, while taking viron, 5 on 2 off, bw was done after 4 weeks, ft increased from 3.8 to 4.4

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
well I got bw back, while taking viron, 5 on 2 off, bw was done after 4 weeks, ft increased from 3.8 to 4.4
Very interesting and thank you for sharing, j4ever41! What was your experience in those 4 weeks: mood, libido, aggression, lifts, etc. Also, I've had a hard time finding cycling instructions for Viron: is there a recommendation to take it for 8 weeks on and then however many off?

Cheers!

MedRat

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I feel what we describe as normal testosterone levels needs to be reworked. We need to break the levels down more by age. A range of 350-1100? Ok, this is fine. The problem comes into play once we ask at what ages are those numbers appropriate? 350 is normal for an 80 year old but, not a 20 year old. I know it all depends on how you feel. If you feel good at 600 then your ok.

I feel good at 1000 and felt like crap at 375-400. Where I sit when not on trt.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I feel what we describe as normal testosterone levels needs to be reworked. We need to break the levels down more by age. A range of 350-1100? Ok, this is fine. The problem comes into play once we ask at what ages are those numbers appropriate? 350 is normal for an 80 year old but, not a 20 year old. I know it all depends on how you feel. If you feel good at 600 then your ok.

I feel good at 1000 and felt like crap at 375-400. Where I sit when not on trt.
One distinction that needs to be addressed is the difference between normal and healthy. A 40 yr old with 25% BF is considered normal but I doubt any are actually healthy. Same can be said of hormone levels. 250 might be in range but I doubt many men could maintain health on that level. The reality is that these men are just "not dying" versus living a healthy, productive life.

j4ever41

Awards
Very interesting and thank you for sharing, j4ever41! What was your experience in those 4 weeks: mood, libido, aggression, lifts, etc. Also, I've had a hard time finding cycling instructions for Viron: is there a recommendation to take it for 8 weeks on and then however many off?

Cheers!
Hi, I did have an elevation in mood the majority of the time, occasionally but not often it seemed to give me a slight bad mood, I did have a boost in libido but nothing crazy, I did have a slight improvement in energy/motivation during workouts, I had some increase in strength on some movements but idk if I can contribute that to viron, as far as my bw, going from 3.8 to 4.4 is not impressive, I did not have any expectations from viron but was hoping for a better boost than that.

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi, I did have an elevation in mood the majority of the time, occasionally but not often it seemed to give me a slight bad mood, I did have a boost in libido but nothing crazy, I did have a slight improvement in energy/motivation during workouts, I had some increase in strength on some movements but idk if I can contribute that to viron, as far as my bw, going from 3.8 to 4.4 is not impressive, I did not have any expectations from viron but was hoping for a better boost than that.
Sorry it wasn't better for you. I read somewhere else recently that Viron was not super impressive. I tend to take with some grain of salt the posts from reps or reps of retailers, and that's most of what I've seen supporting Viron. I still have a bottle and may try it.

So at this point, are you going to look at TRT or is that not an option for you?