Pinning Question

bfrnwr96

bfrnwr96

Awards
I'm not new to injectables but just looking for some reassurance. I've recently switched to pinning delts with a 5/8 needle and on occasion I feel like I'm not getting deep enough. Is there a rule of thumb for knowing when you are intramuscular while inserting the needle? And what is the result if you're pinning and not actually getting into the muscle? A complete waste? Thanks in advance for the help.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
I'm not new to injectables but just looking for some reassurance. I've recently switched to pinning delts with a 5/8 needle and on occasion I feel like I'm not getting deep enough. Is there a rule of thumb for knowing when you are intramuscular while inserting the needle? And what is the result if you're pinning and not actually getting into the muscle? A complete waste? Thanks in advance for the help.
While I'm not sure about a rule of thumb. But I can tell you its not a waste there is a well known Doc from all things male who does subQ testosterone injections. I would not do a large amount that way..

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
While I'm not sure about a rule of thumb. But I can tell you its not a waste there is a well known Doc from all things male who does subQ testosterone injections. I would not do a large amount that way..
correct^^ you will be fine with smaller amounts, say 1cc and change. You'd be surprised how deep you are with a 5/8" if you bury it pretty well.

bfrnwr96

bfrnwr96

Awards
That's helpful. Thanks. My upper arm got itchy and sore a few inches below the injection site last time. So this led me to believe I may not have gotten deep enough. Any thoughts on that?

Viking23

Awards
That's helpful. Thanks. My upper arm got itchy and sore a few inches below the injection site last time. So this led me to believe I may not have gotten deep enough. Any thoughts on that?
I'm thinking you probably injected near a nerve and some pressure was put on it.

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
I'm thinking you probably injected near a nerve and some pressure was put on it.
I also get that sensation when I inject through a vein, sometimes there is bruising and a lot of blood under the skin, or a lump in some cases....that will make it irritated and/or itchy in my experience.

bfrnwr96

bfrnwr96

Awards
I also get that sensation when I inject through a vein, sometimes there is bruising and a lot of blood under the skin, or a lump in some cases....that will make it irritated and/or itchy in my experience.
Thanks again for the insight fellas. That's the reassurance I was looking for. I also may just go ahead and get 1" next time.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
widthbrah Anabolics 6
Anabolics 11
Anabolics 0
Anabolics 6
Anabolics 1