Unanswered Pinning Test SubQ - few questions

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Alright,

I am done with my blast and from now on I will be on 125mg of test e per week. Initially I just planned to pin 0.5 ml once per week. However, I know it would be way better to pin 0.25ml 2x per week.
So I was reading about subQ shots and some are saying that this way testosterone is absorbed slower and therefore for someone who pins 1x week this should theoretically be better. But then again, reputable trt docs (like dr.Rand McClain) still say that intramuscular shots are the best.
Honestly I am little worried about pinning test subQ since i have read all kinds of stories about abscesses (sterile) and lumps when injecting subQ.

So I am interested to hear how many of you guys pin your test subQ?

And also, what would be the highest volume you guys would comfortably inject subQ at once? 0.5 ml? 0.7 ml?

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
In for infos, I’m thinking about going that road when my blast is over... just not sure about it yet

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I mean, if i am going to go im route, i will definitely pin 2x week. More stable levels. That plus i remember reading how when pinning once per week those test spikes drive H&H up, and that is something i have problem with. After giving a pint of blood and draining a little over a pint myself at home in a span of 2 weeks, my hematocrit is already at 0.50 10 days post my self phlebotomy.
Definitely need to keep an eye on that..

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah about half a ml. More will leave a big lump and it won’t heal for awhile.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Alright,

I am done with my blast and from now on I will be on 125mg of test e per week. Initially I just planned to pin 0.5 ml once per week. However, I know it would be way better to pin 0.25ml 2x per week.
So I was reading about subQ shots and some are saying that this way testosterone is absorbed slower and therefore for someone who pins 1x week this should theoretically be better. But then again, reputable trt docs (like dr.Rand McClain) still say that intramuscular shots are the best.
Honestly I am little worried about pinning test subQ since i have read all kinds of stories about abscesses (sterile) and lumps when injecting subQ.

So I am interested to hear how many of you guys pin your test subQ?

And also, what would be the highest volume you guys would comfortably inject subQ at once? 0.5 ml? 0.7 ml?
You're stating you have concerns about it. And you mention that some Drs (that you seem to respect) advise IM instead.
So I don't understand why you wouldn't just go the IM route.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
But 0.25ml subQ 2x per week should be fine, right?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’ve also read the research around slower absorption and also lower aromatise when sub q, both of which are beneficial of course. Typically seen less than 0.5ml being suggested. @hairygrandpa pins everything sub q I believe so may have more to offer in terms of info but personally I don’t think the difference will be massive so go with whatever you feel most comfortable with

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I’ve also read the research around slower absorption and also lower aromatise when sub q, both of which are beneficial of course. Typically seen less than 0.5ml being suggested. @hairygrandpa pins everything sub q I believe so may have more to offer in terms of info but personally I don’t think the difference will be massive so go with whatever you feel most comfortable with
I pinned Trest-ace sub-q and tried NPP sub-q.
Generally, I pin IM. Long esters leave welts/boils. I could imagine to pin test prop sub-q, as its a shorter ester.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Since my blast, I have been pinning Test E sub q. I split it into three injections, (.3ml, .3ml, and .4 ml) one of the injections is IM and the two are sub q, one on each side. Here is what I have noticed for the past few weeks. It is easy and virtually painless. I have found going more towards my obliques leaves me with less pain and when I am closer to the belly button, I have some pain for a few days. Just like a good punch in the stomach. I have not had a single drop of blood and I have not seen oil leak out. Here is a good read on it, and watch the video.

https://www.t-nation.com/pharma/get-20-better-results-from-testosterone

suavmcgauv

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I pin everything sub Q now, and definitely try minimize volume. On a blast I've pinned .8 or close to it daily and that gets old fast, especially as you lean out and make low body fat, and the chances for pip and knots goes way up with volume.

I Always try to go for spots with highest body fat. For me that is my inner and upper thighs.
I use test 400, so a cruise dose for me is .1ml test and maybe another .1ml or .2ml of mast e.
I prefer the super-solvent solutions to heavier oils sub-q, lower volumes, less knots, less viscosity, and the G numbs the pain, though I can taste it in my mouth