Phosphatidic acid for strength and size

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Supposedly helps with creatine absorption, but I would think that it would do little to nothing if you are already saturated.
I haven't taken creatine since Omega Thunder. I think I'll be good not being saturated lol.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I haven't taken creatine since Omega Thunder. I think I'll be good not being saturated lol.
In that case, definitely a good thing to take. Not sure how much it improves on creatine uptake though, so no idea how long it would take for you to saturate your body with creatine if taking PA along with it.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In that case, definitely a good thing to take. Not sure how much it improves on creatine uptake though, so no idea how long it would take for you to saturate your body with creatine if taking PA along with it.

I prefer taking creatine in caps because it's more convenient. Thinking back to Omega with their Trinitine or MST Cre02 looks solid.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I prefer taking creatine in caps because it's more convenient. Thinking back to Omega with their Trinitine or MST Cre02 looks solid.
Doesn't really matter the form you take the creatine in, but I think the consensus/study was to take PA and creatine together? Someone more familiar with this aspect of PA should chime in if I am wrong :p

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Doesn't really matter the form you take the creatine in, but I think the consensus/study was to take PA and creatine together? Someone more familiar with this aspect of PA should chime in if I am wrong :p
Right now I plan on taking Micro-PA and creatine together about 1 hour preworkout.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Right now I plan on taking Micro-PA and creatine together about 1 hour preworkout.
Sounds good to me. Will be great to see what you think of it. I know John Meadows is playing around with it, if he stays silent about his experience with the stuff, I'll stay away from it :p If he really likes it, I'll probably give it a go.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Almost 2 weeks in. Stacking with creatine and taking about 12g worth of Leucine tabs a day. Definitely noticing a difference in physique. Strength has remained about the same. Still early yet but giving this an 8 week run.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Almost 2 weeks in. Stacking with creatine and taking about 12g worth of Leucine tabs a day. Definitely noticing a difference in physique. Strength has remained about the same. Still early yet but giving this an 8 week run.
That's awesome. When you have a chance can you detail the physique changes a bit? (Pure size, fat loss, definition, etc)...I'm going to jump on board I think

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That's awesome. When you have a chance can you detail the physique changes a bit? (Pure size, fat loss, definition, etc)...I'm going to jump on board I think
Traps are looking bigger. Arms look more full and defined. Also notice fat loss but I might attribute that more to dialing in my diet the past few weeks plus doing cardio right after weight lifting.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Reading the logs at t-nation I notice a lot of people saying they are experiencing increased appetite. I can say I am experiencing this as well but I should note I've been taking PES Norcodrene in the AM which might be helping with this. I'm trying to eat as clean as I can while on this and I would strongly suggest supplementing Leucine with this.

Christurner14

Awards
Bump, what is final opinion on this?
I'm nearly 20 days into my cycle of this (1 bottle) and I've got 1 more and I am enjoying it. Using it with recompadrol and all gains have been pretty lean, but worth a look at if you have the money

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Reading the logs at t-nation I notice a lot of people saying they are experiencing increased appetite. I can say I am experiencing this as well but I should note I've been taking PES Norcodrene in the AM which might be helping with this. I'm trying to eat as clean as I can while on this and I would strongly suggest supplementing Leucine with this.
Odd effect you are getting from the Norcodrene. Norcodrene solo didn't do much to improve or suppress my appetite. Norcodrene + bronkaid so far has been stellar at crushing my appetite. That is very good in my opinion since typically if I am down by 100-200 calories on a day, I would get some hunger growls in the evening.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
About 10 days left of my cycle but I'll give a review.

Would I recommend the product; Yes. What I noticed, increased pumps, muscle fullness, more of an appetite, slight strength increase.

Would I buy it again; Maybe. I say maybe because the cost is too much. A lot of other reputable companies have natty muscle building products in the pipeline I will want to try next. This might need to be dosed higher than 6/day but due to cost, I had to stick with 6/day.

I believe more companies will have this product soon. If the price is more reasonable, I'd definitely buy it again

Compared to ArA, I liked phospatidic acid better.

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
About 10 days left of my cycle but I'll give a review.

Would I recommend the product; Yes. What I noticed, increased pumps, muscle fullness, more of an appetite, slight strength increase.

Would I buy it again; Maybe. I say maybe because the cost is too much. A lot of other reputable companies have natty muscle building products in the pipeline I will want to try next. This might need to be dosed higher than 6/day but due to cost, I had to stick with 6/day.

I believe more companies will have this product soon. If the price is more reasonable, I'd definitely buy it again

Compared to ArA, I liked phospatidic acid better.
you say PA over ARA ill need a second opinion to believe it lol. Idk the studies i read on it make it sounds lightweight weak, im more interested in trying muscle techs new free acid HMB then phoshpatidic acid, until the price drops at least.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Some study might prove otherwise but I'm done with ArA. I don't think the results match the hype. And I'm not so sure how safe it really is. But that's JMO.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Some study might prove otherwise but I'm done with ArA. I don't think the results match the hype. And I'm not so sure how safe it really is. But that's JMO.
ArA I would think is pretty darn safe since they originally started using it as an addition to baby formula. Children safety gets priority status when it comes to safety of foods/supplements/medication. I agree that there is a lot of hype over ArA (particularly in terms of losing bodyfat) but it's effects on strength gains as well as muscle gains is pretty notable as well as being tried and true.

However, PA's data is mighty impressive, there's no denying that. I'm going to run it but I'm leaning towards trying HMB-FA first.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Muscle-Tech's new product? I'll have to look into it. Although I'm skeptical of that company.

I did just buy LG's Natadrol though. What am I doing lol

Christurner14

Awards
To be honest I prefer Micro-PA over ARA aswell, only problem is the price

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Muscle-Tech's new product? I'll have to look into it. Although I'm skeptical of that company.

I did just buy LG's Natadrol though. What am I doing lol
Well, MT's Clear Muscle is basically the same kind of product idea as Micro-PA. Taking the ingredient which has promising data in a relatively recent and sound study, put it in a bottle dosed the same way as was dosed in the study, and sell it. So marketing aside, the science behind it appears to be sound. There's no fillers either since it's a single ingredient product.

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How many mg/day are u guys using of this stuff ?

Christurner14

Awards
What would be the ideal dosing or do you mean that in general, $60 a bottle is just pricey?
With Micro PA it's 6 caps 1hour prior to a workout so that's 20 days per bottle !!! I'm not going to try a different dosing protocol to try stretch it out, I feel it's working with the recommended dose

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
With Micro PA it's 6 caps 1hour prior to a workout so that's 20 days per bottle !!! I'm not going to try a different dosing protocol to try stretch it out, I feel it's working with the recommended dose
That's not too bad... ArA is only a 25 day supply @ 1 gram per dose in each bottle.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ya but ArA is half the price... still find this interesting though.
ArA has come down in price pretty dramatically but it also has been out for a long while now. My guess is that when they license the PA out to more companies, the price should come down. Right now it's basically two companies selling a PA product. One is Biotest and the other is some company that I don't recall the name of by they are selling it for around $100 per bottle.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So how are the results for those on AnabolicMinds? Everyone has success on t-nation but that forum seems to basically be run by the company that makes Micro-PA (maybe it's just me, but I get that impression).

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes I would use again.
Overall results? Strength gain? Mass gain? Fat loss?

How did it compare to ArA (if you have used ArA before in the past)?

The labeled dosages are fine? Did you experiment with different dosing?

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Slight strength increases. Muscles look fuller. I like it better then ArA. Stuck to 6/day because of cost.

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Slight strength increases. Muscles look fuller. I like it better then ArA. Stuck to 6/day because of cost.
It what ways? Everything you named is standard on aRa. But strength increases are dramatic for me. Not just slight

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It what ways? Everything you named is standard on aRa. But strength increases are dramatic for me. Not just slight
A lot of reviews and stuff I've been seeing on t-nation recommend higher rep ranges (or emphasizing eccentric portions more in big lifts) so I don't know if strength is the main concern for PA. Seems to be more of a hypertrophy thing (since everyone comments on gaining massive amounts of weight, but not strength)

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
A lot of reviews and stuff I've been seeing on t-nation recommend higher rep ranges (or emphasizing eccentric portions more in big lifts) so I don't know if strength is the main concern for PA. Seems to be more of a hypertrophy thing (since everyone comments on gaining massive amounts of weight, but not strength)
Its hard to take what they say on T-nation serious. I have seen some of the reputable members down proven good products (aRa being one of them) but speak highly of ones from Biotest. Their forums are heavily modded so you will not see any negative feedback on PA at all.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Its hard to take what they say on T-nation serious. I have seen some of the reputable members down proven good products (aRa being one of them) but speak highly of ones from Biotest. Their forums are heavily modded so you will not see any negative feedback on PA at all.
Yeah that's why I posted on here asking about it. It really sucks cause I wouldn't even mind testing it but it's EXPENSIVE (20 day supply for 60 bucks?)

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah that's why I posted on here asking about it. It really sucks cause I wouldn't even mind testing it but it's EXPENSIVE (20 day supply for 60 bucks?)
I have seriously considered trying it out but I just dont like biotest

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have seriously considered trying it out but I just dont like biotest
I've never heard of them until now, but then again, I haven't really been around in the supplement game for long. I'm guessing they have probably charged a lot in the past for stuff that didn't work?

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've never heard of them until now, but then again, I haven't really been around in the supplement game for long. I'm guessing they have probably charged a lot in the past for stuff that didn't work?
Won't say it didn't work, their marketing strategy and prices are insane. This may be the only product that I might actually give a whirl. However it won't be until the summer time of I do. Hopefully by then prices will have dropped or someone else will have come out with it

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They have actually been one of the first on the market for a number of things we now consider commodity staples in a supplement arsenal.

Thing is, their marketing is way over the top and they charge a premium. I recommend their Metabolic protein though. Quality protein, fairly priced.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Won't say it didn't work, their marketing strategy and prices are insane. This may be the only product that I might actually give a whirl. However it won't be until the summer time of I do. Hopefully by then prices will have dropped or someone else will have come out with it
Yeah. Every single product they have seems to be 60 bucks or more, haha.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah. Every single product they have seems to be 60 bucks or more, haha.
Their protein is about $30 per tub if you buy 2+. That's a fair price, $1 per serving roughly.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Their protein is about $30 per tub if you buy 2+. That's a fair price, $1 per serving roughly.
Oh, I was talking about the non-protein items (I just skimmed real quick through them while I was looking at some stuff about Wendler's 5/3/1 on t-nation), like Plazma for example.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They have actually been one of the first on the market for a number of things we now consider commodity staples in a supplement arsenal.

Thing is, their marketing is way over the top and they charge a premium. I recommend their Metabolic protein though. Quality protein, fairly priced.
Not seeing how $32.95/2lb is a fairly priced protein product. Anything over $15/lb is entering outrageous pricing territory.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not seeing how $32.95/2lb is a fairly priced protein product. Anything over $15/lb is entering outrageous pricing territory.
Well, considering this day and age of course :p UMP is still around $33 a tub as well.

I know, the sad state of inflated protein powder prices and the proliferation of questionable label claims ;)

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, considering this day and age of course :p UMP is still around $33 a tub as well.

I know, the sad state of inflated protein powder prices and the proliferation of questionable label claims ;)
Even in the age of inflated protein priced, good prices abound

USP OEProtein hits $10/lb regularly
ON Performance Whey is $10/lb
Dymatize Elite Gourmet is ~$8-9/lb
Lobliners protein is $10/lb

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Even in the age of inflated protein priced, good prices aboundUSP OEProtein hits $10/lb regularlyON Performance Whey is $10/lbDymatize Elite Gourmet is ~$8-9/lbLobliners protein is $10/lb
Does OEProtein go for $20 a tub regularly? I've usually seen it for $32ish. I went on a buying frenzy when it was on sale for $20 a tub though, bought 7 tubs total.The whey only proteins really are not comparable. Metabolic Drive is a casein + whey blend.Elite Gourmet is mostly whey and not the cleanest of ingredients (if that matters to ones purchasing decision). Metabolic Drive has a pretty good profile. It sits at only 110 calories. It’s pretty generous with the micellar casein. BioTest had a basic whey product but I have not seen them stock that in a good long while so I’m not even sure if they even sell that anymore.Also, we are looking at 2 lber prices.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does OEProtein go for $20 a tub regularly? I've usually seen it for $32ish. I went on a buying frenzy when it was on sale for $20 a tub though, bought 7 tubs total.The whey only proteins really are not comparable. Metabolic Drive is a casein + whey blend.Elite Gourmet is mostly whey and not the cleanest of ingredients (if that matters to ones purchasing decision). Metabolic Drive has a pretty good profile. It sits at only 110 calories. It’s pretty generous with the micellar casein. BioTest had a basic whey product but I have not seen them stock that in a good long while so I’m not even sure if they even sell that anymore.Also, we are looking at 2 lber prices.

If you're buying 7 tubs of protein, why would you buy 2 lb tubs and not 5 lb tubs?

Why does anybody even fall for the 'oh, but it's a 2 lb tub instead of a 5 lb tub so having 20-30% higher prices makes sense' argument in the first place?

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you're buying 7 tubs of protein, why would you buy 2 lb tubs and not 5 lb tubs?

Why does anybody even fall for the 'oh, but it's a 2 lb tub instead of a 5 lb tub so having 20-30% higher prices makes sense' argument in the first place?
I think OEP protein only comes in 2 lb tubs, right?

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Because OEProtein doesn't come in 4 or 5 lbers. I always prefer bigger tubs just for the convenience. I also wish that Select came in 4 or 5 lb tubs.

Next question please.