• Established
Big game they created the label already, it hasn't gone anywhere yet lol

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good looking formula, cant wait to give it a shot. Killer name too, probably the best of any amino product on the market.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Woo picked up one of each flavor!

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is the lemon verbana extract actually dosed at levels near what was used in the human studies? (1.8g in the 2012 study)

Claiming Verbana boosts recovery is a bit of a stretch, it reduces indicators of muscle damage. Neither of the human exercise studies I see measured objective or subjective recovery information, or measured performance.

--

Since when is malic acid an essential amino acid?

--

manstr

manstr

Awards
AminoIV
I was able to get my hands on a sample of Cherry Limeade, and will give a brief review of it below:

-Visual
Powder: Off-white, very fine powder. Not sticky, or clumpy.
Mixed: Light/neon green. Mixed in(as a test) 4 oz of water, a full serving completely dissolved, leaving no residue at bottom of cup. When filled to 18 oz, liquid still very neon green, with no clumping or top sitting powder.

-Smell
Powder: The powder smells like black liquorice.
Mixed: Smells just like I expected cherry limeade to smell. Strong lime with hints of cherry.

-Taste
Powder: Not too great..
Mixed: I've been trying to think of something that accurately matches the taste, and the closest thing I think is Arizona's cherry limeade. This is not nearly as thick as Arizona's(thankfully) and slightly less tart. AminoIV is quite good for an intra, nice a light, uplifting, sweet flavor.
It's not something you'll drink and get a stomach ache over because of how decadent it was. I prefer it chilled over room temp. I think as far as any supp is concerned, cellmass V1grape has always been my favorite, and I can say without a doubt aminoIV cherry limeade is on par.

I enjoyed this product a lot, and would recommend it. As someone who does fasted training, this is a great addition. I didn't do numbered ratings for a reason, as I feel they lose their worth and meaning with words attached. I can say I would use this product every day, and I would recommend it to anyone who will listen.

Joe_P

Awards
Just picked up 2 of each flavor. For that price, can't go wrong and I won't have to worry about picking up and Aminos for a while.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just ordered 1 of each flavor. If training fasted would the optimal dosing be one scoop pre and one during?
That would probably be a solid approach and most likely how I will do it. :)

leasky33

Awards
will it be worth using if your doing IF but not training

Wilsy7

Wilsy7

Awards
  • Established
Ben you need to set up a PES shop in the UK somewhere, ASAP lol

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mine from yesterday.

Ok, used 2 scoops today mixed with however much water fits in my shaker.

Smell: the powder itself is not an appetizing smell, it didn't discourage my from trying it because of how good PES flavoring typically is. When mixed with water, the smell was much, much more appealing.

Mixability: mixes very well, no visible particles at all. There is some initial foaming but it fades away quickly. It's also funny that it mixes white and slowly turns into a light green color as the foam dissipates.

Taste: Holy crap, this is good. You definitely weren't lying, it is easily the best tasting supplement I've ever had.

My wife was very surprised by how good it tastes (I gave her a sip), so it definitely passes the wife test.

I also gave some to my gym owner, I told him it was good and what the flavor was and he said he wanted to try it. His words "God, that's good. I just wanna drink it all at once!" He plans to buy some if the price of the release is right, he's never heard of PES prior to this.

As far as efficacy, I can't comment too much. Endurance seemed to be up, but it's only the first use. Today's session was a marathon session, very high volume. But, it's almost like drinking it revitalized me between sets, this could easily be a morale boost from how good it is. It isn't too sweet, which is an issue with some intra products, so it didn't clog up my throat or anything else.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is the lemon verbana extract actually dosed at levels near what was used in the human studies? (1.8g in the 2012 study) Claiming Verbana boosts recovery is a bit of a stretch, it reduces indicators of muscle damage. Neither of the human exercise studies I see measured objective or subjective recovery information, or measured performance. -- Since when is malic acid an essential amino acid? --
That study only used a 10% verbascoside extract. Much higher extracts can be made. We may sell highly standardized verbascoside capsules on Analyzed Who said Malate was an EAA?

1kerry

Awards
whats the recommended dose for training fasted? i usually drink 10gr of pure bcaa

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
whats the recommended dose for training fasted? i usually drink 10gr of pure bcaa
I would go 1 scoop pre and 1 scoop intra.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That study only used a 10% verbascoside extract. Much higher extracts can be made. We may sell highly standardized verbascoside capsules on Analyzed Who said Malate was an EAA?
L-Malate is just included in the amino acid blend, tongue-in-cheekness doesn't translate to the internet well :p

digitalducki

digitalducki

Awards
  • Established
Is there any truth to dosing aminos with yohimbe-/rawosline (or however it's spelled) diminishing the effects of the yo/raw? Just wondering

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is there any truth to dosing aminos with yohimbe-/rawosline (or however it's spelled) diminishing the effects of the yo/raw? Just wondering
BCAA/EAA cause a minimal insulin spike which is why people say that but I doubt it causes that much of a spike to diminish the effects very much at all.

leasky33

Awards
oh i think i might get myself some of this, along with alphamine help me along while doing carb nite and IFing

gmc4180

Awards
  • Established
This might be a ridiculous question but would the Lemon Verbana Extract hinder the effects of X-Factor (ArA) supplementation?

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I believe coop covered this in the coops corner. I could be wrong. It's a debatable topic. Right now coop is studying rigorously for a test that would make all of our brains turn to goo from

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I believe coop covered this in the coops corner. I could be wrong. It's a debatable topic. Right now coop is studying rigorously for a test that would make all of our brains turn to goo from
Coop just checked-in on his FB status...he's at chuck E cheese?!? Wth?

digitalducki

digitalducki

Awards
  • Established
I'm hoping/thinking it wouldn't effect yo/raw if in the morning fasted b4 w/o

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Amino IV -Cherry Limeade Review

Ok first thing I want to say is that I like the addition of the Potassium, Sodium and calcium. I sweat excessively during exercise and I believe that leads to a loss in these important minerals. In fact at one point I was diagnosed with low potassium and got a potassium prescription. Haven't had blood drawn in a while so not sure how my levels are currently. Enough of that though and lets get on to discussing Amino IV!. I placed the sample of the powder in a blender bottle and added 12 oz water. Shook it up really well. Water looks yellow. It had a lot of foam at the top so I let it sit for a while and it slowly dissipated.

There are a few "floaters" but it dissolved pretty well. I opened up my blender bottle and took a big whiff. Smells like real cherries, no artificialness at all. It does have slight aftertaste, but hardly distinguishable. The only reason I notice is is probably because I use bulk leucine and know the taste. I'm surprised that the leucine taste is hidden so well with a 10:1:1 ratio. That's impressive. Taking this week off from training due to feeling sick at beginning of the week. Moving the end of this week and also a bit next week, up three flights of stairs. Also starting a new training program next week, so this is gonna be put to the test to see how well I recover. Moving is always tough, last time I was sore for a good week and half from moving. This time its up 3 flights of stairs though...Can't wait to see how well this product performs- recovery/doms wise.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So.. can you be more clear on the taste?

"Smells like real cherries, no artificialness at all. It does have slight aftertaste, but hardly distinguishable."
What does it taste like?
Can you compare it to other flavors you have tried?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I posted a full review in the other thread naybe I should paste it here as well... Mobile app limits me

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So.. can you be more clear on the taste?

"Smells like real cherries, no artificialness at all. It does have slight aftertaste, but hardly distinguishable."
What does it taste like?
Can you compare it to other flavors you have tried?

It's the first Cherry Limeade supplement I've tried. It really doesn't taste like any other supplement I've tried. As far as other BCAA products, I think it tastes much better than Modern BCAA+. Haven't used a BCAA product in a while though. I tried Scivations Xtend years and years ago, then used Modern BCAA for a while....The important thing to me is that with such a high leucine content, it doesn't taste like leucine. It tastes like cherry with a hint of lime but it could also be mistaken for cherry with a hint of lemonade.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Saw a PES package in mailbox and ran for my shaker cup haha.

image-880260553.jpg

Blueberry :)

Dry characteristics:
Opening the tub was a lot like opening a new Alphamine, that first crisp smell escaping. The scent actually isn't overwhelming or strong at all though, and the powder itself was white. Similar fluffy, very light powdery texture we are used to seeing in higher end amino powders.

Mixability:
BCAAs are hard to judge this way, especially with a 10:1:1 ratio, as quality leucine should be hard to mix into solution. When the powder was placed into the shaker it floated and no mixing occurred, good sign. Upon light shaking it dissolved fully and left a foam on top, which dissipated if left to sit. Again good signs of leucine content.

image-1864739573.jpg

Shaker cup was blue not the mixture, just felt suiting :p

Taste:
The part I had high expectations from PES for, and was not let down. Very enjoyable to drink, I mixed at half the directions (as I used 1 scoop) and the sweetness level was perfect. No overwhelming flavour which is good in my books, some artificially sweetened powders overdo this. Especially as this will be sipped intra workout. Quenched my thirst, some BCAAs just make me thirstier or have an annoying aftertaste present through the workout, this did not,

Impressed with all initial observations made, buying several tubs now. The great thing is that these are all just bonuses, where it really shines is in its ingredients. The new intra workout supplement of choice.

Hell of a job PES, thank you for the chance to try this out! Can't wait for the protein next :)

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bought both flavors. I love aminocore key lime cherry. Interested to see how this stacks up!

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Bought both flavors. I love aminocore key lime cherry. Interested to see how this stacks up!
Awesome, pumped to hear what you think

Austinmck17

Austinmck17

Awards
did the insider go out!? I didn't get an email yet

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So I was able to procure some blueberry burst samples as well so here's my review after 2 days of using this 2 times a day:

Mix: the powder is very fine, but not so light that it "poofs" all over the place. It dissolves easily in just about any amount of water from 4-30+ oz. at first shake, there are a few of the normal white bcaa floaters but these dissolve within a few seconds. Like everyone else said, the powder is funny because it turns a yellow/green instead of the blue you might expect. Overall, it's easy to mix and leaves no real residue.

Taste: the blueberry burst was about what you would expect. It has a nice "blue" flavor, similar to most blue raspberry type flavors. It's not too sweet and actually has quite a pleasant tartness to it that makes it less "candy"/fake like and much more fruity. Overall it's one of the best blue/fruity flavors I've had.

Effects: so far I've dosed this two different ways and enjoyed both... First was one scoop sipped on during my morning fasted cardio and one scoop after to prolong the fasting period for a few hours. The second was 2 scoops intra workout. I had a really tough pull workout yesterday and am feeling pretty good since. Obviously nothing crazy to speak of but I didn't seem to have quite the lower back DOMS that I usually do after my deadlift days.

Overall I would highly recommend this, even if the flavor was off (which it absolutely was not!) simply due to the profile. A really solid all around product that seems like the perfect fit for IF style dieting as well as general recovery. Can't wait to get some more and see how it works out longer term.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
I just tried to order, but there is not an option for Taiwan. Can I still get this deal, or am I SOL? Hopefully I can get it; looks awesome!

CobbledPath

Awards
Just ordered 4 of each! Gotta appreciate the flat rate international shipping prices to Aus!