People lie, but blood tests don't. And when the doctor says "you have to come off TRT

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So 30 day test results in. Total test at 109 on scale of 280-800, free test 3 on scale of 6.8-21.5. Not bad for 30 days in without a "normal" PCT.

Doctor didn't test for PSA or cholesterol as insurance has time limitations on frequency :p

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So 30 day test results in. Total test at 109 on scale of 280-800, free test 3 on scale of 6.8-21.5. Not bad for 30 days in without a "normal" PCT.

Doctor didn't test for PSA or cholesterol as insurance has time limitations on frequency :p
If you are impatient you could always do lipids OOP at a on-line local lab. Very inexpensive.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I checked, it looks like lipids are somewhere around $45-50, which i'd rather not spend on that right now if I don't have to. Also, I believe if I make an appointment with a urologist I may be able to get him to draw blood for PSA and convince him to run through the lipids too :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No change. I'm just continuing like this. For blood drawn at 30 days after 18 months of being on with no real restart protocol, this is about what I expected. I'll see the urologist next week, and find out how trt works through him. But will still stay off thru october, and see what numbers come up as of then

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No change. I'm just continuing like this. For blood drawn at 30 days after 18 months of being on with no real restart protocol, this is about what I expected. I'll see the urologist next week, and find out how trt works through him. But will still stay off thru october, and see what numbers come up as of then
Yes, nothing unusual there. When I switched to my current anti-aging treatement Dr she made me come off my previous ~30 month treatment protocol and draw after 6 weeks off. My numbers were ≤ to yours.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok, so finally saw the urologist Monday. He's way more concerned about the PSA than either my GP or I were, so i'm being retested today for it. If that has come back down into normal range, he's willing to put me back on TRT, with frequent blood tests. Otherwise, if its still high he's going to order a prostate biopsy first before even considering TRT :p

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Hope everything turns out ok with the tests.

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
I don't smoke but just because of that nicotine sh!t you did I'm attached. Is soooo brillient that I can't even handel its brillientness of it. Supplement with nicotine...hmmmmm...get jacked while quiting smoking. You could make sh!t load of money from this.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
PSA test from last week came back in normal range, so no need for a biopsy. whew.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Light update, strength is still down, primarily I think from the 2 weeks off due to the torn hamstring. It felt good enough today that I was deadlifting 235 which isn't too terrible. Thursday will be my first leg day in 3 weeks, so should be entertaining.

Doms, soreness and tiredness are overall probably what I notice most from the lower testosterone levels. I get rechecked for levels in October, so I won't really know what my levels are till then. But overall I feel good, and strength isn't down to nothing. Plus i'm continuing to lean up

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Glad to hear the PSA came back in normal.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The downside to PSA coming back normal is that I could now get cleard to go back on TRT :). I'm not entirely sure whether its a good idea or not really, so i'll likely wait until the October blood draw to decide. If I do go back on, it will likely be 100-150mg test a week, and 200mg of deca a week. I don't experience libido issues with deca higher than test, and that keeps me less androgenic.

I did find that my urologist will let me self inject, so I'd be getting a vial of 200mg/ml enan for a $10 copay to last me 2-3 months :D

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The downside to PSA coming back normal is that I could now get cleard to go back on TRT :). I'm not entirely sure whether its a good idea or not really, so i'll likely wait until the October blood draw to decide. If I do go back on, it will likely be 100-150mg test a week, and 200mg of deca a week. I don't experience libido issues with deca higher than test, and that keeps me less androgenic.

I did find that my urologist will let me self inject, so I'd be getting a vial of 200mg/ml enan for a $10 copay to last me 2-3 months :D
Cool. I hope everything works out for you here. I have the name of a few good HRT guys here in Tampa if you ever need them.

Deca is good stuff; especially if you can get away with the dosing being higher than the test. :)

-John

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cool. I hope everything works out for you here. I have the name of a few good HRT guys here in Tampa if you ever need them.

Deca is good stuff; especially if you can get away with the dosing being higher than the test. :)

-John
Thanks, my urologist seems at least cognizant of most of the concerns, and since I have family history of prostate cancer would do frequent blood tests. He does actually prescribe up to 200mg a week, but he says thats for the 250lb big firefighters. the deca i'd um get elsewhere ;) but if the HRT guys you know are decent and take united PPO for insurance i'm all for talking to them

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks, my urologist seems at least cognizant of most of the concerns, and since I have family history of prostate cancer would do frequent blood tests. He does actually prescribe up to 200mg a week, but he says thats for the 250lb big firefighters. the deca i'd um get elsewhere ;) but if the HRT guys you know are decent and take united PPO for insurance i'm all for talking to them
I shall look into that for you. :D

-John

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

The aromatization associated with higher doses of testosterone usually requires an AI which is extra money as well as the HDL issues associated with it's long term use.

The Deca will introduce progestine issue as well.

Not that these are life shattering issues but IME lower levels of estrogen associated with upper physiological levels of testosterone have improved body composition considerably while still allowing for the accrual of LBM. It's not entirely a more is better w/regard to testosterone treatment.

Remember - longevity :D

JMHO.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, l may just stay all natural at this point. I'm going to see what progress i have till next bloods and go from there.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, l may just stay all natural at this point. I'm going to see what progress i have till next bloods and go from there.
Just for the record, I am not at all suggesting that you not get supervised TRT within the clinical physiological levels. I am suggesting that a well supervised treatment protocol within the upper quadrant of the clinical physiological level is much more advantageous in the aspects of long term health, body composition and the complications associated with levels above range. It is simply not adventageous to longevity goals IMHO...

I know you'll do the right thing ;)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, after my 2 week torn hamstring break, I'm finally starting to get back to that point where DOMS are bearable again, thank god.

weights are all down, but still feeling like i'm getting good workouts, so I'm not too worried about the strength

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today I happened to be near the urologists office so got an actual copy of the test resuts. In the span fron 6/26 to 8/18 my PSA went from 4.1 to 1.6 :D So Methyl sten is obviouisly QUITE androgenic

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
interesting PSA tidbit

In 2002 a study in Finland found that "Prostate cancer probability depended most strongly on the percentage of free PSA. Total PSA, prostate volume, and DRE also contributed to prostate cancer probability, whereas age and family history of prostate cancer did not." Estimation of prostate cancer risk on the basis of total and free prostate-specific antigen, prostate volume and digital rectal examination. Eur Urol. 2002 Jun;41(6):619-26
my free PSA % is low, which apparently is a higher marker for cancer than a high free %. But I'm glad that family history of prostate cancer doesn't contribute to possibility.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just wanted to drop a quick update, strength is starting to return some. The 2 weeks off over the hamstring injury combined with the low testosterone really had my strength take a huge nosedive, but i'm starting to see some improvement. The thing that totally 100% sucks donkey balls is recovery. I can get in good workouts but i've got DOMS for 2-3 days after in that body part, which is driving me nuts. I think that alone is enough to convince me to re-start TRT.

On a separate note, a friend who has competed locally before talked me into doing a local show in June next year. I've got plenty of time to both put on a little more mass and get really ripped. Having a hard deadline finally will help :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bought some ephedrine today, I love the way 37.5mg feels :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm down to 188 today, lowest i've been since I was 19 if I recall correctly. Strength is up and down a bit, but i'm also trying different exercises so thats a piece of it. Reverse grip changes exercises soooooo much.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm down to 188 today, lowest i've been since I was 19 if I recall correctly. Strength is up and down a bit, but i'm also trying different exercises so thats a piece of it. Reverse grip changes exercises soooooo much.
That's good, though, right? :ponder:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sort of. Strength is down in general, but I don't care much about raw numbers. Still looking good for an old man though :)
You can always work on your strength later on if it becomes an issue.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, its not like i'm weak, just have lost 15-20% strength wise (roughly) it seems. But i'm not an ego lifter, and can tell i'm getting decent hypertrophy as it is, so i don't mind much.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
did you ever find out how those lipid are looking?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, the doctor wasn't retesting till Oct 2nd, and $ was tight this last month so I didn't want to drop the _25-30 to get it tested earlier

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So supplement stack now is

Bulk sodium d-aspartate
Testopro
Stoked
HGHPro
Erase

Plus minerals + multivitamins and normal stuff. Just started the erase yesterday, probably start becoming noticeable by tomorrow - tues

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well crap. Last week I was travelling for business in detroit, the gym sucked at the hotel so I just did elliptical. Lost 2 pounds, am a bit leaner (front delt veins were partially visible just walking in to the gym), but today at the gym strength is down even further than it was.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ugh, today in the gym was terrible. Possibly the worst workout since the hamstring issue. legs were trembling, hip flexor tendons hurt and that was doing squats with just 185. Totally horrible, had a hard time cranking out 2 sets of 10 at that, vs usually being able to do the same with at least 225. I'm ready to go back on TRT :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm pondering switching from my current "plain" 4 day split to a PRRS workout, something like below. Any thoughts?

Back

POWER: week 1

- Rack deadlift...3 x 3-6
- Bent row...3 x 4-6
- Weighted chin...2-3 x 4-6
- CG seated row...2-3 x 4-6

REP RANGE: week 2

- CG weighted chin...2 x 6-8
- WG T-Bar row...2 x 8-10
- Dumbell row...2 x 10-12
- Pullover...2 x 12-15

SHOCK: week 3

- Pullover/WG pulldown superset...1-2 x 8-10 each
- Stiff arm pulldown/reverse grip bent row...1-2 x 8-10 each
- CG seated pully row dropset...1 x 6-8, drop, 6-8, drop, 6-8

Biceps/Triceps

- Barbell curl...2 x 4-6
- Preacher curl...2 x 4-6
- Hammer curl...1-2 x 4-6
- CG bench press...3 x 4-6
- Skull crush...2 x 4-6
- Single arm dumbell extension...1-2 x 4-6

- Alternating dumbell curl...2 x 6-8
- Cable curl...2 x 8-10
- Concentration curl...1-2 x 10-12
- Weighted dip...3 x 6-8
- Pushdown...2 x 8-10
- Kickback...1-2 x 10-12

- EZ bar curl/CG chin superset...1 x 6-10 each
- Preacher curl/reverse curl superset...1 x 6-10 each
- Dropset cable single arm curl...1 x 6-10, drop 6-10
- Pushdown/CG bench press superset...1-2 x 6-10 each
- Reverse grip pushdown/incline overhead extension superset...1-2 x 6-10 each
- Dropset weighted bench dip...1 x 8-10, drop 8-10

Chest

- Dumbell bench press...3 x 4-6
- Incline press...3 x 4-6
- Weighted dips...2 x 4-6

- Incline dumbell press...3 x 6-8
- Bench press...3 x 8-10
- Flye...2 x 10-12

- Superset...cable crossover/incline smith press...1-2 x 8-10 reps each
- Superset...incline flye/dips...1 x 8-10 reps each
- Dropset...machine bench press...1 x 8-10, drop 6-8, drop 6-8 optional

Deltoids

- Military press...2-3 x 4-6
- Upright row...2-3 x 4-6
- "Cheat" lateral...2 x 4-6

- Single arm dumbell press...2 x 6-8
- Bent lateral...2-3 x 8-10
- Cable side lateral...2 x 10-12

- Seated side lateral/hammer machine press superset...1-2 x 8-10
- Severse pec deck/WG upright row superset...1-2 x 8-10
- Cable front raise dropset...1 x 6-8, drop 6-8, drop 6-8 optional

Legs

- Squats...3 x 4-6
- Leg press...3 x 4-6
- Single leg extension...2 x 4-6
- Lying leg curl...3 x 4-6
- Stiff deadlift...2-3 x 4-6

- Leg extension...2 x 8-10
- Hack squat...3 x 10-12
- One legged leg press...3 x 12-15
- Lying leg curl...2 x 6-8
- Stiff deadlift...2 x 8-10
- Single leg curl or seated leg curl...1-2 x 10-12

- Superset: leg extension/front squat...1-2 x 8-10 each
- Superset: leg extension/sissy squat or leg press...1-2 x 8-10 each
- Dropset: lunge...1 x 8-10, drop, 8-10
- Superset: leg curl seated or lying/toes pointed hyperextension...1-2 x 8-10 each
- Dropset: single leg curl...1-2 x 8-10, drop, 8-10

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Started PRRS with power week, back today

rack pulls 335x4x4x4
bent over rows 185x4x4x3 - this seemed to be a hair too heavy, I kept tilting upper body up
chinups (supposed to be weighted :p) bwx4x4x3x4
low rows 195x6-210x4-195x4

Not bad, it felt good to work with the heavy weights low reps. I bet it won't feel so good tomorrow morning though.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
reading through this log has be very informative.great job on the log.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks.

Today was day 2 of PRRS, and I decided to do tuesdays as chest + shoulders. ha! man am I whipped now, got to the gym at 5am, worked out and did a half hour of high intensity cardio. At least I got 85lb dbs up for a few sets of 5 reps, so I guess I haven't lost all that much strength as I thought (or its starting to come back some). Surprisingly not as sore as I would have expected from yesterday.

Assuming bloods all come back normal, I'm definitely going back on TRT. And once things have stabilized at that and I've reached 6 pack abs, i'm going on a cycle of something. Not really sure what, as I've got access to whatever I want really. I'm pondering between just adding deca in at a mild dose in the 200-300 range (testosterone will be at 150mg/wk), but could run a 4-6 week oral cycle instead. If I do that, i'm sort of leaning towards Max-lmg either solo or possibly with ErgoMax-LMG or 2-3 weeks of superdrol. Still undecided for sure, but i'll need to add back some of the mass i've lost in the next 8 months as I still plan on getting on stage in june.

Today I was at 187, and i'm continuously seeing the waistline shrink. I can't imagine I'd need to go lower than 180 to see at least a vague 6 pack from the looks of things, so I can possibly still reach that for halloween and do a shirtless hulk hogan :D Being in florida its still pretty damn hot come halloween, so a shirtless costume is a lot better.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So i fell for some hype, and bought a 3.5lb tub of ON's platinum hydrowhey. Plan is to use it as 1/2 scoop preworkout on strength workout days. The study that LG used for evidence for their product is pretty compelling

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
So i fell for some hype, and bought a 3.5lb tub of ON's platinum hydrowhey. Plan is to use it as 1/2 scoop preworkout on strength workout days. The study that LG used for evidence for their product is pretty compelling
thats some high dollar protein Easy, let me know how it works for you.

Great journal btw

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, week 1 of PRRS power week is done. I moved a bit higher weights in a few exercises than I thought, like today doing bis I was barbell curling 105 (3 4-6 rep sets). So maybe my strength loss hasn't been as bad as I thought. Either that or its just less noticeable on small muscle groups, cause leg + back strength is noticeably down.

Either way, was a nice week at the gym.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Nice!!!

Im subd over there Easy.

Kill it man.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Got my friday appointment set up, so I hope my bloodwork is back before that :D

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll update here as well as the new log. Cholesterol looks like i'm a vegetarian, and total test is 108. So time to go back on TRT, urologist appointment tomorrow :)

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
I'll update here as well as the new log. Cholesterol looks like i'm a vegetarian, and total test is 108. So time to go back on TRT, urologist appointment tomorrow :)
mmmmmm, test is good.

:)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice, Eric. :)

-John

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
150mg a week is what the prescription reads, however its dispensed as 4 1ml vials of 200mg/ml cyp a month. each vial though holds 1.2ml just to be safe, so I could actually dose more like 200 a week. but i'm sticking to the 150, i'll just get anabolic aid elsewhere without the DHT conversion + prostate risk :)

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
150mg a week is what the prescription reads, however its dispensed as 4 1ml vials of 200mg/ml cyp a month. each vial though holds 1.2ml just to be safe, so I could actually dose more like 200 a week. but i'm sticking to the 150, i'll just get anabolic aid elsewhere without the DHT conversion + prostate risk :)
sounds like a good plan to me ;)