PCT: What, Why, and How!

Drizzie88

Drizzie88

Awards
  • Established
Lol at least ur taking ur time to research
Yeah... I like my nuts. It's nice to have them hanging between my legs...

Funny story about that...my friend sat on his balls one time doing box squats and almost had to have surgery. We were deployed to the middle east and he almost got sent home...

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
note to self: invest in a jock-strap or briefs for doing box-squats.

ManBeast

Drizzie88

Drizzie88

Awards
  • Established
note to self: invest in a jock-strap or briefs for doing box-squats.

ManBeast
Yeah his **** swelled up to the size of a baseball almost .. NO exaggeration...

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
man, i would have ditched the weight down my back in a heartbeat if i pinched a nut like that...

ManBeast

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
That is the first thing I teach someone when teaching squats is how to safely drop the weight.

man, i would have ditched the weight down my back in a heartbeat if i pinched a nut like that...

ManBeast

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
push it off your back to the back and get yer ass outta the way :D

ManBeast

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
I started to teach that once I saw someone attempt to pull the weight off his shoulders and dislocate his shoulder.

Drizzie88

Drizzie88

Awards
  • Established
That is the first thing I teach someone when teaching squats is how to safely drop the weight.
I've never been taught that...lol...been lifting for like 3 yrs...

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I always set the pins for squatting, even before i saw a guy nearly break himself falling forward to the ground faster than his buddy could catch him.

ManBeast

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Most of the people I train have no idea what squats were before I taught them. AKA utter noobs

I've never been taught that...lol...been lifting for like 3 yrs...

Drizzie88

Drizzie88

Awards
  • Established
Gotcha..I've never had to get rid of it...I use the safety rack for heavy squats but on lower weight I like to leave them off if I have a spot because I like to hit deep as possible and I'm at like the perfect height that one peg is too high and the next is completely useless...

Safety rack caught me last week on my sixth set 325...it definitely saved my ass.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
It takes so much of my self control to not go corect people when i see crap squat form at the gym.

ManBeast

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
It takes so much self control for me to not kill people who are curling in the squat racks.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
Not gonna lie,,, just started doing front squats,, my trainer made me,, never did them before,,, I was like WTF!! This is wayyyyy harder than it looks!!

Drizzie88

Drizzie88

Awards
  • Established
It takes so much of my self control to not go corect people when i see crap squat form at the gym.

ManBeast
Been guilty of it but I have a nazi for a workout partner...like if I hit 89 degrees he's like " that wasn't 90+" ... Good for me but when the test kicks in sometimes I wanna strangle him! He also quotes the encyclopaedia of body building and what Arnold says...it's pretty awesome ...

Drizzie88

Drizzie88

Awards
  • Established
Not gonna lie,,, just started doing front squats,, my trainer made me,, never did them before,,, I was like WTF!! This is wayyyyy harder than it looks!!
My form still sucks on fronts but I'm getting better...gonna have some branch warren quads before I'm 25 :) . I use the hack squat machine at my gym a lot...it's nice because it has a built in fail safe and we do hack squats literally to failure... We just roll out of the machine and cry like little babies... Then my w/o partner will say something like "Arnold says he used to do squats until he passed out" and I want to hit him but I cant stand up...

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
My old gym partner passed out doing squats at 400lbs ass to grass no belt at 175lbs. He got 1 and a half reps then kinda just went down. Luckily there where stops in place, he woke up with a burst blood vessel in his eye.

My form still sucks on fronts but I'm getting better...gonna have some branch warren quads before I'm 25 :) . I use the hack squat machine at my gym a lot...it's nice because it has a built in fail safe and we do hack squats literally to failure... We just roll out of the machine and cry like little babies... Then my w/o partner will say something like "Arnold says he used to do squats until he passed out" and I want to hit him but I cant stand up...

xigotmailx

xigotmailx

Awards
  • Established
I wish I had a workout partner period, nazi or not. Whenever I can muster up a friend to come with me, most "dangerous" lifts increase 10+ pounds, normally 20 on bench cause I don't have to worry about dropping it to the face. Sounds like your buddy is awesome though! Anyways in terms of them banana hammocks they are awesome for squats no fakezies! Uninhibited range of motion for realzies!!!

FYI - Completely serious

Drizzie88

Drizzie88

Awards
  • Established
My old gym partner passed out doing squats at 400lbs ass to grass no belt at 175lbs. He got 1 and a half reps then kinda just went down. Luckily there where stops in place, he woke up with a burst blood vessel in his eye.
Is it weird this is like a goal of mine? Well to hit 4 plates on squats and if I pass out, I'm cool with that too. Lol

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
My old workout partner was a beast but god damn was he crazy.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
lol

Drizzie88

Drizzie88

Awards
  • Established
Yeah we are both training for comp...early stages... The dude stArted at like 140 lbs and I've helped work his way up to 165...We work together so it's pretty easy ...

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
Yeah,, the front squats seem to get a better focus on the outer, sides of my quads... heading towards that X-frame

Drizzie88

Drizzie88

Awards
  • Established
Yeah,, the front squats seem to get a better focus on the outer, sides of my quads... heading towards that X-frame
Hoping to look like a smashed X one of these days...since im kinda short...

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
we've got members (like myself) shorter than you, so don't feel that smashed :D most competitive BBers are udner 5'10" these days.

ManBeast

Drizzie88

Drizzie88

Awards
  • Established
we've got members (like myself) shorter than you, so don't feel that smashed :D most competitive BBers are udner 5'10" these days.

ManBeast
Yeah... Goal is 5'8"/200lbs off season...think that's a legit goal? Sitting at 175-178 in the morning right now...I set a goal of 190 by the end of this year...

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Quite legit and obtainable.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
I'm looking for 6'1 240 at less than 8%bf.... feels like it's a million miles from the 240 18% I'm at now ...lol

Drizzie88

Drizzie88

Awards
  • Established
Agreed with ManBeast. Are you planning on cycling to get to that weight or natty?
I'm starting a natty stack next week and I'm gonna log it... Endosurge-erase-DAA... Gonna run for 8 weeks. I'm definitely interested in cycling but as I'm new I am still reading, researching, understanding everything...figure I will run this...see my gains see if I really have peaked or if im still gaining but eventually if I feel I need it, I would love to try a cycle. It really intrigues me, if that sounds right.

Drizzie88

Drizzie88

Awards
  • Established
I'm looking for 6'1 240 at less than 8%bf.... feels like it's a million miles from the 240 18% I'm at now ...lol
Big jump...but you can do iT ::insert cliche quote about determination pays off::

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
If you need any help making your cycle feel free to pm me.

I'm starting a natty stack next week and I'm gonna log it... Endosurge-erase-DAA... Gonna run for 8 weeks. I'm definitely interested in cycling but as I'm new I am still reading, researching, understanding everything...figure I will run this...see my gains see if I really have peaked or if im still gaining but eventually if I feel I need it, I would love to try a cycle. It really intrigues me, if that sounds right.

Drizzie88

Drizzie88

Awards
  • Established
If you need any help making your cycle feel free to pm me.
Thanks. Still figuring out where I wanna start. Talking to man beast, I was telling him I'm interested in starting with helladrol since it's fairy mild ...

Think once I figure out the terms and acronyms my learning curve will improve too!

Drizzie88

Drizzie88

Awards
  • Established
Thanks. I'm reading these forums like a stalker lately... The idea kinda consumed me...hell I'm on vacation in Rome right now and I keep checking my iPad throughout the day for AM app updates lol...

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
Helladrol / katanadrol stack :).... I'm heading there right after my test / tren run

Drizzie88

Drizzie88

Awards
  • Established
Helladrol / katanadrol stack :).... I'm heading there right after my test / tren run
Now I have one more thing to research katanadrol... Fml I gotta get on a plane in the morning but I keep googling ****!

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
its on the same site as helladrol :p it is a mild compound on its own, but it adds a "cutting" edge to any compound you run it with (except the super wet pure bulkers).

ManBeast

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
I would just run helladrol for a first cycle though.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
I'm definitely not the one to listen to,,, I'm about to start an everything stack cycle LOL

Drizzie88

Drizzie88

Awards
  • Established
I would just run helladrol for a first cycle though.
Yeah..k-drol seems like a good product..at least what I've read so far... But I think for s first time I'll see how my body reacts to a mild cycle... I gotta on ensuring my diet is up to par also...realising that has a lot to do w it too...that's my underlying goal for this natty stack...diet in check and good deep reps on all sets all workouts..see where I stand and let the AAS use begin... Thanks for your help guys... I gotta hit the sack,..gotta fly home tomorrow.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
what style of training are you incorporating?

csa2179

csa2179

Awards
why the hell are people doing curls in the squat rack? ive never seen this, i dont see how it would help at all

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
My sentiment exactly but people at my gym still do it.
why the hell are people doing curls in the squat rack? ive never seen this, i dont see how it would help at all

Drizzie88

Drizzie88

Awards
  • Established
Not sure if this was directed at me but...

4 to 5 day split ... On Mondays/Fridays AM/PM two workouts... (military makes AM workout mandatory...)

Monday*
Chest -
*5 sets 20/10/5/5/3failure 4 or 5 workouts*
*Bis 3 workouts 5 sets
*Second workout .5-1mile on treadmill/abs.*

Tuesday
Back
Deadlifts 5 sets...similar to chest sets...
Tbar rows
Lat pulls
Wide grip pull ups ~25-50 working way up to 50...however many you can do in a set
DB lawnmower pulls
Tris 3 wrk outs 5 sets heavy

Wednesday
Rest

Thursday
Shoulders/traps
Clean and press 5 sets
20-25 sets of shoulders*
15-20 sets traps
Abs

Friday
Arms in the AM... 4 wrkouts tris 4-5 sets 4 workout Bis...mostly free weights with some reverse grip cable curls for forearms and triangle pushdowns to failure on cables...

Friday PM or Saturday AM depending on how we feel at night on Friday (or if my wife works and I have to watch my son)*

Legs
5-6 sets squats
5-6 sets hack squats
Leg extensions 5 sets
Ham curls 5 sets

Standing calf raises 5
Seat calf 5
Calf machine 5
HEAVY calves for max growth

All workouts based around compound movements...bench/squat/deadlift/cleanNpress/upright rows....

Ever 5th week or so bb bench goes to db bench... On 5th week of workout still seeing good gains in strength and lil in size...gonna def change it before a cycle...

I have excel spreadsheet I built w all of it on my PC at home

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Looks solid, IMHO there might be a bit of overtraining, shoulders concern me the most with traps a bit behind that (although some people's traps need crazy volume).

ManBeast

gmenfan40

Awards
Planning on doing a h-drol cycle of 25/75/75/75/75/75. Just want some feedback about my pct

Week 1 Cycle support, liquid Clomid 105mg, natty test booster
Week 2 Cycle support, liquid Clomid 70mg, natty test booster
Week 3-4 Cycle support, liquid Clomid 35mg, natty test booster

Just a little concerned if it's enough to keep my gains, and cortisol levels normal. If i may need anything else, i was thinking of 3g of vitamin c a day.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
does your test booster have cortisol control and an anti-e?

ManBeast

gmenfan40

Awards
It's Driven Sports Activate Xtreme. Not sure if it's an anti-e or cortisol control, but it does say estrogen control. This is pretty much the only aspect i am having difficulty figuring out for my pct, as it will be my first cycle, and they're are various different methods i have found. Along one of the methods, was to supplementing hcg, instead of a natty test booster.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Real legit HCG is black market and hard to find (not the bullsh*t dieting crap).

Activate xtreme does not have cortisol control, I'm trying to think of something you can add to (instead of replacing) the activate in order to just add the cortisol control.