Pct?

Manziel87

Awards
I’m considering trt and I don’t know anything about pct. Was looking for some info from ppl that have done it.
If just doing 250 test a week do you need pct?
If so what should I look for?

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Any time you suppress your endogenous hormone production you'd be wise to do a PCT and try and 'kick start' your hormone production back on. But if you're on TRT, then you're on TRT and therefore nothing to do a PCT from. Unless you mean only being on TRT for some time and at some point trying to restart your hormone production again. But why would you plan on doing so?

Last edited:

Manziel87

Awards
Any time you suppress your endogenous hormone production you'd be wise to do a PCT and try and 'kick start' your hormone production back on. But if you're on TRT, then your on TRT and therefore nothing to do a PCT from. Unless you mean only being on TRT for some time and at some point trying to restart your hormone production again. But why would you plan on doing so?
I meant just planning on taking test 250 a week for strength and size purposes

Manziel87

Awards
Indefinitely?
No. I was think 12-16 weeks. Is that a good amount of time? Idk how this works lol I have friends that do cycles but they do more than just test and friends that to 1000 mg a week of test and they never cycle. Idk what’s best just looking for some insight. My understanding from my research tells me I should get Clomiphene or tamoflexen. But is that all I should take? There seems to be a lot of stuff ppl take just looking for some help along the way

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
No. I was think 12-16 weeks. Is that a good amount of time? Idk how this works lol I have friends that do cycles but they do more than just test and friends that to 1000 mg a week of test and they never cycle. Idk what’s best just looking for some insight. My understanding from my research tells me I should get Clomiphene or tamoflexen. But is that all I should take? There seems to be a lot of stuff ppl take just looking for some help along the way
Some basic questions - How old are you? How long have you been training? What are your goals? What is your current diet?

Clomid and tamox are SERMS. Either will do for PCT. Personally, I feel I rebound faster and stronger with clomid but that's a personal preference. For a light test cycle, I am usually good with 25/25/12.5/12.5 of clomid, but some people run it 6X higher than me but I have no idea why.

Sounds like you are still too new to this and have some more research to do.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah, that's a cycle, not TRT.

That's generally a pretty good time frime, or at least what people tend to do. You would want to do a proper PCT with a SERM and even better with HCG before the SERM, when the test is leaving your system or a lower dose throughout the cycle.

You'll want to have an AI on hand and have all your accessories in posession before your first pin. Exemestane is a good choice for AI.

You'd be wise to take bloods before starting anything to check hormonal values to what to compare to, when looking how well you've recovered afterwards and to make sure you don't have any underlying health issues or stuff to take in to consideration. During the cycle would be good to measure at least hormonal values to see if you'd want to take or adjust the dosing of the AI.