Pain Med's or Lh / Fsh or testosterone problem

oldschoolbean

oldschoolbean

Awards
Indo has me on test cyp. Testing said my problem is low LH & FSH. Indo said my pain meds is the main problem for my low T.
He Said get off the meds that would help me lowT...... How can pain meds affect my pituitary?? I could see if testosterone was the only issue & not LH & FSH ! but LH/FSH IS LOW so isn't that the source of my problem. What's your take?

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Indo has me on test cyp. Testing said my problem is low LH & FSH. Indo said my pain meds is the main problem for my low T. He Said get off the meds that would help me lowT...... How can pain meds affect my pituitary?? I could see if testosterone was the only issue & not LH & FSH ! but LH/FSH IS LOW so isn't that the source of my problem. What's your take?
get off those man it damages your bodies systems and slows them down

Ask about naloxone even if you aren't an addict it's been shown to help testosterone levels

Cyp may not be the answers and you are fixing a problem with a bandaid

oldschoolbean

oldschoolbean

Awards
Easier said than done my friend ! I had my neck broke in the car accident. Iv got Nerve damage to left arm/hand & right arm at c6-7
I had a spinal fusion operation at C5-6 & C6-7
Almost everyone after having a spinal fusion operation have the desk above and below Start to fail. that's where I am!

oldschoolbean

oldschoolbean

Awards
Wouldn't the meds affect the testicles? & not the pituitary? Is there something else to take that would increase LH /FSH that would help automatically fix my low T?

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Easier said than done my friend ! I had my neck broke in the car accident. Iv got Nerve damage to left arm/hand & right arm at c6-7 I had a spinal fusion operation at C5-6 & C6-7 Almost everyone after having a spinal fusion operation have the desk above and below Start to fail. that's where I am!
There may be better options have you discussed them all with your doctor and a good pain management team?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nothing that is going to override what the pain meds are doing to you. The fact is, they can be and likely are the reason for your low test. It is considered secondary hypogonadism.

oldschoolbean

oldschoolbean

Awards
Yes I go to a pain management Dr.
The indo has never said anything about fixing the LH/FSH problem just do T shots

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Endo, FYI.

Is he aware and has he offered options? If you absolutely have no other options for your pain management, then you will continue to face this. Keep in mind that it is not good at all to have test levels that low and you need to get that fixed. If that is exogenous test through TRT, then so be it.

oldschoolbean

oldschoolbean

Awards
Kisaj The purpose for my original question was , is there anything that will fixed My LH/FSH problem if that is the root of my problem?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know buddy, and I responded. Opiates are very well known to affect LH/FSH production and are known to cause secondary hypo, so as long as you are taking them, there is little you can do other than try TRT. That is why several of us have asked if you are working with a doctor about your pain management and if there are alternatives for you to address that.

oldschoolbean

oldschoolbean

Awards
Thank you! I know it messes with papain receptors in the Brain. I didn't think that it interfered with pituitary. I do Appreciate your input!

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank you! I know it messes with papain receptors in the Brain. I didn't think that it interfered with pituitary. I do Appreciate your input!
Opioids affect a lot of systems

CART and POMC

Which regulate appetite and fat burning among with slowing down othe body processes responsible for hormone production