p-plex/1-t cycle info and questions....

SemiBulimic

SemiBulimic

Awards
  • Established
Ok so for anyone still reading this I have an update - albeit 2 weeks late.

I am into day 16 of PCT and am still making strength gains although i am starting to peak now,

Summary of cycle:-

Strength - primary goal - Initially strength gain was very slow. It wasn't until the 4th week that i started to realise a surge. From then i broke PR's every session. Examples;

Squat - up 30lbs from start of cycle
Deadlift - up 44lb " " " "
Bench - up 20 lbs " " " "
OHP (strict) - up 20lbs " " " "

These are all maxes at the end of the 6 weeks.

On a side note - although not particularly impressive - i was able to do a set of 10 wide grip pull-ups at a weight of 260lbs. Not impressive i know but for me a milestone.

Since finishing the cycle my strength has continued to climb; my DL is up 77lbs from the start of the cycle, squat up 66lbs, bench 44lbs. You get the idea.

Size
Although not a primary concern it obviously was a secondary effect of the cycle for me. I started at 242lbs and finished at 268 at my heaviest. I have since gone down to 264. I gained 2% bf though, although again, not too much of a concern.

Chest + 2 inches
Biceps + 1 inch
Upper thighs +2 inches.

I am not one of those people who bothers with the size of their 'guns' but out of interest i did measure them and came up a half inch short of the 'magical' 20 inches. If i didn't have this problem with my left bicep i maybe would have attempted to train them more as i pretty much don't do any bicep work other than that involved in rowing movements.

Other positives:-

'Pump' - this was ridiculous sometimes and i definitely looked 'on' after a session. Somedays i had a 24 hour pump and struggled to reach the back of my neck in the shower!

Sides:-

Initially, very few. Most notably at the start my BP went up but i took CoQ10 and extra hawthorn and it settled down again. I also kept stimulants to a minimum.
About 3 weeks in i started feeling beat up; joints hurt and the lethargy kicked in. Took cissus 50% and backed off a bit on the training and this helped somewhat.
Back pumps reared their ugly head but 10gms a day of taurine and some potassium cleared that up sharpish.
The bloat bothered me. Probably a combo of the compounds i was using and the fact i was now taking upto 500gms carbs a day having previously taken 100g pre-cycle. I have since tapered these down on PCT and the bloat is gone but the BF increase is still there.
In the last week of the cycle i felt awful - shut down, aggrevated, lethargic, sore and couldn't wait for PCT.
The boys atrophied about 15% by the end of the cycle.
Sleep suffered - very restless and had nightly sweats from about the 4th week.
The hardest thing about the cycle apart from these sides was the volume of food i took in. Some days it went upto 6000kcals, and most of the time these were clean calories. Getting 500gms of protein a day was hard without over-relying on shakes and my grocery bills were ridiculous.

PCT

Ran torem 120 for 4 days then 90 for a week then cruising on 60 for the remainder. Also running PP's TRS and other goodies. So far i feel good. Libido is still low but it was pre-cycle. Boys are back up and running and if anything slightly bigger than before. As stated earlier, strength is still way up from start of cycle and increasing still but i will plateau in the next few sessions so i will have to change things up. I carried the same style of training into PCT from the cycle, i.e. going all out for a 1 or 3 rep max on the primary lift every session and it has been working well.

Learning Points

That's what this was; a big learning experience. I wanted to see if i could be disciplined over the course of a cycle to run it properly diet and training-wise and gain from it in a positive way. This was a tester for my first 'proper' cycle which i would like to start in may or so. It will most likely be a test-e only cycle for 16 weeks. I think i achieved what i wanted to from this experience and learned a lot:-

-transdermals are a pain the arse
-next time front-load joint support
-even on cycle you can push yourself too far - 4 heavy days in a row is too much for anyone
- start buying food a month in advance and stock up the freezer
- more prehab and rehab work due to increased workloads
- take extra hawthorn and CoQ10 on top of CEL cycle assist
- taurine and potassium are lifesavers
- 40mg p-plex was the sweet spot; sides increased too much after this and gains were pretty much the same

I can't think of anything else to say about this cycle but if anyone wants to know anything else feel free to ask.

I won't be putting up pics as outlined in a previous post. This cycle was not about aesthetics but strength.

stxnas

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks for the update.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Great update and great cycle up 26 pounds! Glad you learned some things as well, you can take all the advice you want but until you experience it for yourself it only means so much. PCT looks to be going well, please post back when it's over and fill us in on how your recovery went.