Awards
  • Established
Monday - Chest/Biceps
Tuesday - Rest
Wednesday - Back/Triceps
Thursday - Rest
Friday - Shoulders/Abs/Legs
Sat/Sunday - Rest
Hows this for a lighter workout routine?

you're working anterior delts everyday you work out. maybe a little overkill on those.

Hbs6

Hbs6

Awards
  • Established
hahahha Inarius, great post. I already tried to post programs of joe defranco and other ones with the same concept. He is going to read it, say hwo he is going to turn it into a 4 day a split and then when you tell him thats not how the program is designed, he will say again, what do you suggest. But a good program nonetheless.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
hahahha Inarius, great post. I already tried to post programs of joe defranco and other ones with the same concept. He is going to read it, say hwo he is going to turn it into a 4 day a split and then when you tell him thats not how the program is designed, he will say again, what do you suggest. But a good program nonetheless.

I think there is a 4 day split in there. lol.
the advice is there. its up to him to use it.

NerdFlexd

NerdFlexd

Awards
Oh im sorry if i offended you. Obviously your way is the only way that will work, and no other workout can have results too. Because obviously no one else will see any results unless they do it your way and instantly agree with everything you say.
Next time ill be sure not to commit such a heresy as to try and adapt a program for my own tastes and to fit my schedule better. SO! sorry i messed with your perfect little program.

silver back

Awards
im 5 days the fifth day is a catch thoose little parts ive missed though the week

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Oh im sorry if i offended you. Obviously your way is the only way that will work, and no other workout can have results too. Because obviously no one else will see any results unless they do it your way and instantly agree with everything you say.
Next time ill be sure not to commit such a heresy as to try and adapt a program for my own tastes and to fit my schedule better. SO! sorry i messed with your perfect little program.
no reason to get upset.

I suggest the programs I posted above. Very informative and very helpful.
Do what you want. You asked for help and we gave it.

NerdFlexd

NerdFlexd

Awards
no reason to get upset.

I suggest the programs I posted above. Very informative and very helpful.
Do what you want. You asked for help and we gave it.
Nah Inarius your tight, you make some really great posts. Its that Hbs6 guy, who thinks hes found the greatest thing ever and gets mad at anyone who will disagree with him.

Plates1971

Plates1971

Awards
Man the best thing you can do is take a week off every 8-12 weeks of training... it allows for super compensation of glycogen stores.... it allows for complete muscle recovery and it allows for you to top off all you supplement stores in the body....... I do a 2 on 1 off routine and it really works well for me.... I am 37 so my recovery is slower...... at your age it would ensure you do not overtrain.....here is what I do:

Day1 legs/Calves
Day 2 Chest
Day 3 Rest
Day 4 Back
Day 5 Shoulders and Traps
Day 6 Rest
Day 7 Biceps and Triceps

I only work each body part 1x per week....... I do 14-16 sets on major muscle groups and 10-12 sets on auxilaries.
Keep your workout to less than 1hr.

If you are slow to recover make sure to add EAA's, Glutamine, and even HMB to your supplement regime of coarse along with a solid protein.

To bulk you should be eating to get big..... at least 1gr of protein per pound of body weight, 3 grams of clean carbs per pound of body weight and healthy fats. Macro wise a good formulation for bulk is 40p/40c/20f....... you should be eating 500 -1000 kcals above your TEE daily for bulking.........Hope this helps!.................Peace!:thumbsup:

Hbs6

Hbs6

Awards
  • Established
Nah Inarius your tight, you make some really great posts. Its that Hbs6 guy, who thinks hes found the greatest thing ever and gets mad at anyone who will disagree with him.
Its sough to stay patient when you post a program and the first thing somebody does...is change it. Especially when they are looking for advice. I am sorry if i offended with you sarcasm but doing what you are doing is why people spin their tires and not make progress for their goals. I used to do the same thing. Especially when you change the ENTIRE concept of a programs. And if those stats are you (THIS IS NOT AN INSTULT) and your goal is only hypertrophy then I understand why you are looking for advice, and thats why I tried to help you. To say to me when I post a west side variation that you are going to make every day a "medium" day, ruins the entire concept. I wish you all the luck in the world with your training.

Hbs6

Hbs6

Awards
  • Established
and inarius is still patient, cuz well, he hasnt been spoon feeding information to you while you subsequently disregard it.

NerdFlexd

NerdFlexd

Awards
and inarius is still patient, cuz well, he hasnt been spoon feeding information to you while you subsequently disregard it.
I haven't been disregarding it, ive considered everything in the articles you posted and applied it to what i know. And as for getting offended by the sarcasm, sorry for freaking out, its hard to judge what is and isnt sarcasm in text form. And lets stop arguing in this thread, its not really going anywhere anymore, just bickering.

Hbs6

Hbs6

Awards
  • Established
I am just kidding I really wish you the best I am just trying to help you not make the same mistakes I made. Thats all bud. I hope you reach all your goals.

NerdFlexd

NerdFlexd

Awards
I am just kidding I really wish you the best I am just trying to help you not make the same mistakes I made. Thats all bud. I hope you reach all your goals.
So do i. For now im gunna do a 5x5 that alot of people are suggesting, and if that doesnt work, or when i want a new routine, ill definitely look into this again.

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
fu*k ya it works!!! train till u puke!!

Hbs6

Hbs6

Awards
  • Established
So do i. For now im gunna do a 5x5 that alot of people are suggesting, and if that doesnt work, or when i want a new routine, ill definitely look into this again.
5x5 is a great program for what you want. You will do fine.

stl123

stl123

Awards
  • Established
5 days a week is definately overtraining... i would do a 3 day a week workout.. major muscle groups on each day
Mon-- Chest and back

Wed--legs

Fri--Shoulders, bi's and tri's

The only thing is, to get any gain at all you need to be doing high intensity exerting 100% of efoort in all that you do... secondly.. REST..

As far as your eating.. protein is the main factor.. people say 1 to 1.5 grams to every body weight.. try to do this to every LEAN body pound... Overall try to keep a balanced eating habit.. take some protein powder.. i take nitro tech vanilla.. it hasa lot in it creatine etc.. but i have seen some powder that has low carbs i'll get back to you on that.. but yeah.. your still young i'm 18 and am just now knowing what to take and not... calories are a hard thing to take in... eat whatever though, your body type is smaller meaning you'll burn whatever you take in off.. good luck ..
These blanket statements are entirely not true for every occasion. Just because 5 days a week is too much for you doesn't mean it is the standard for everyone. everybodys body is different. People respond differently to different supps, workouts, and schedules. i personally have tried workouts, supps, schedules that everyone on here swears by with no results.

my advice to the OP is to hear everyones advice and then start trying things out yourself. YOu will eventually find that sweet spot you are looking for. There are alot of people on this board that are very smart and educated in this are and can give you great advice. However, there are alot of people that just repeat what they heard others say on this and other boards without any knowledge of why they are giving that advice. When I first started reading these boards I made the mistake of listening to anybodys advice, not realizing that it was some deuche that had no idea what he was talking about. So please read every post and take every response with a grain of salt and then make an educated decision.

you seem like you will make a good decision. you do have some reputable members giving you advice. Good luck brotha.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the kind words. Glad to see that this has gotten you where you want to be. Good luck with the new program.
Eat big. Train big. Be big.

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
I'm gonna start the 5x5 soon too man. Let me know how it works for you. Are you doing 5 sets of the same 5RM weight or 5 sets working up to your 5RM? Also are you gonna log it??

stormecho

stormecho

Awards
These blanket statements are entirely not true for every occasion. Just because 5 days a week is too much for you doesn't mean it is the standard for everyone. everybodys body is different. People respond differently to different supps, workouts, and schedules. i personally have tried workouts, supps, schedules that everyone on here swears by with no results.

my advice to the OP is to hear everyones advice and then start trying things out yourself. YOu will eventually find that sweet spot you are looking for. There are alot of people on this board that are very smart and educated in this are and can give you great advice. However, there are alot of people that just repeat what they heard others say on this and other boards without any knowledge of why they are giving that advice. When I first started reading these boards I made the mistake of listening to anybodys advice, not realizing that it was some deuche that had no idea what he was talking about. So please read every post and take every response with a grain of salt and then make an educated decision.

\.
This is so true.

I've been working out 6 days a week for years, and it's what works for ME. Partly because if I don't, I get lazy, and start making poor food decisions and multiple trips down to the pub. It's a lot about motivation for me.

I"m not saying I hit the weights like a nut, 6 days a week, but I do something.

Find what works for you, try different stuff, read. That's what I did. I had know-it-alls in the gym (I'm calling no one on here a know-it-all, just saying) that shook their heads saying "nah nah nah bro, you gotta do this split or that split..."

Think about it. At the end of the day, if you feel good about what you've done, and that feeling is based on some degree of knowledge that you picked up, then you did it right.

Think about Arnold pushing that big cog in Conan the Barbarian. He pushed that friggin thing every day, all day didn't he??? :bb3:

NerdFlexd

NerdFlexd

Awards
I'm gonna start the 5x5 soon too man. Let me know how it works for you. Are you doing 5 sets of the same 5RM weight or 5 sets working up to your 5RM? Also are you gonna log it??
Im gunna work up to it with 2 sets and then 3 of maximum. I looked at a few different programs, and that sounds like a solid idea, which are you gunna start? and ill probably log it. I just gotta figure out my schedule. Getting to the gym is hard with 2 hours of homework a night and no car.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Im gunna work up to it with 2 sets and then 3 of maximum. I looked at a few different programs, and that sounds like a solid idea, which are you gunna start? and ill probably log it. I just gotta figure out my schedule. Getting to the gym is hard with 2 hours of homework a night and no car.
why were you so adamant about getting a 4 or 5 day schedule?

Hbs6

Hbs6

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I know all different programs work well for different people but with younger athletes the 3 day split usually worked best for them. Gave enough time for recovery and if you are pressed for time nerdflexed, it would be perfect for you.

Pemmican

Pemmican

Awards
One routine that i have found works really well is

Monday - Heavy - Chest and Tri's (abs as well)
Tuesday - Heavy - Back and Bi's
Wednesday - Heavy - Legs and Shoulders (abs again)
Thursday - Reps - Chest and Tri's
Friday - Reps - Back and Bis (abs again)
Saturday - Reps - Legs and Shoulders
Sunday - OFF

Its nice to work like this because you get your heavy days which help you build up size (higher weight, lower reps) and you have the light day with higher reps, which almost feels like a nice stretch. Plus, you get to hit each muscle 2 times per week, including 2 days where you get to blast your legs.

looks good though, keep it up man

NerdFlexd

NerdFlexd

Awards
because i have soccer practices every wednewsday at 8:30 so i cant get to the gym that day.
Would it be better to just do a 3 day but on different days?

Hbs6

Hbs6

Awards
  • Established
mon, tues, thurs

tues thurs sat

or whatever combo you want but yeah depending on how soccer practice is you might want to set it up around that day. And give yourself a break during the week at some point, not just weekends.

NerdFlexd

NerdFlexd

Awards
mon, tues, thurs

tues thurs sat

or whatever combo you want but yeah depending on how soccer practice is you might want to set it up around that day. And give yourself a break during the week at some point, not just weekends.
Im gunna do a tuesday, thursday saturday. Soccer practice isnt that rough so i dont need an extra day, and it will give me more nights to do homework.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I know all different programs work well for different people but with younger athletes the 3 day split usually worked best for them. Gave enough time for recovery and if you are pressed for time nerdflexed, it would be perfect for you.
I agree