Onlychevy6 - Shedding Fat w/ EPI-V, Pro Xanthine 500-XT, PCT Rev. Black (Sponsored)

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mattrag where in Japan are you? Any where near Chiba
I live in Fukuoka-ken which is the southern island of Kyuushuu. (not okinawa) Chiba-ken is kinda far from me. You have family or friends there?

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I live in Fukuoka-ken which is the southern island of Kyuushuu. (not okinawa) Chiba-ken is kinda far from me. You have family or friends there?
Surfed there what seems to be for ever ago.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, hahah. Haole we still use, I've never heard barny used. We call african americans "popolo". But none of it is really derogatory as that's just what we grew up using...
I had a good lifting partner, Keoni, who was Hawaiian but had Somoan strength. He could bench 405 back in high school. Some islanders... working out with him was a pain.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think the Z-boys were your generation. The first surfers to revolutionize skate boarding. Skating in empty pools and sliding & cutting like they were on the waves.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
AH yes, I have some Japanese friends i met in Hawaii from Chiba. they said they wanted to study abroad in Hawaii so they could surf in Hawaii haha.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I had a good lifting partner, Keoni, who was Hawaiian but had Somoan strength. He could bench 405 back in high school. Some islanders... working out with him was a pain.
Samoans are born to be able to lift boulders I think.
I worked out the same time with these two Samoans. I didn't know anyone could barbell curl 225 till I seen them... And benching... my god. That was the first time I seen the bar bend... CRAZY strong. But they so calm... when they lift it's like they just doing it for fun too... Amazing to watch. I wish I had some of that strength... I got 1/4 filipino and 1/2 Japanese so.... The asian is too strong in me to be able to go into the gym and start off lifting 2 plates on everything...

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You were a serious, international surfer man! Pretty cool.
Yes Sir I did it professionally for a few years. Stopped surfing the circuit when my oldest daughter was born. True story here. My oldest was born in 94. I was surfing a contest in HB I broke two boards at that contest and made it to the quarter finals and lost. I took my only board I had left and walked away. I think I have surfed maybe 10-12 times since then. I had to walk away on my terms. Cause I knew if I went back right away I would not have called it quits. I still have my board from then to this day sitting in my room.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's awesome.
Where did you learn your Oly lifts? I'm actually training for Judo now and I am using Wendler 531, using the "perfect" rep to execute all my reps. But I was wondering if there was better programming for MMA/fighters involving weights. Though I've watched a lot of MMA I'm not really into their workout programs that are on BB.com and such. Any suggestions?

Unfortunately, my bodybuiding background has me super imbalanced too. I would watch more MMA, but I think my wife would get mad lol. Plus I don't know where to get them (i.e. torrent trackers). I'd be interested to hear if you have any suggestions on sites to look at for tips on making my weight training days more beneficial for my Judo performance. :D

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes Sir I did it professionally for a few years. Stopped surfing the circuit when my oldest daughter was born. True story here. My oldest was born in 94. I was surfing a contest in HB I broke two boards at that contest and made it to the quarter finals and lost. I took my only board I had left and walked away. I think I have surfed maybe 10-12 times since then. I had to walk away on my terms. Cause I knew if I went back right away I would not have called it quits. I still have my board from then to this day sitting in my room.

Dude I read that and got chills. I sh*t you not.

Truly inspirational man. I wanna do something like that in my life too. I'd rep but it says I gotta spread more.

Thanks for sharing!!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Where did you learn your Oly lifts? I'm actually training for Judo now and I am using Wendler 531, using the "perfect" rep to execute all my reps. But I was wondering if there was better programming for MMA/fighters involving weights. Though I've watched a lot of MMA I'm not really into their workout programs that are on BB.com and such. Any suggestions?

Unfortunately, my bodybuiding background has me super imbalanced too. I would watch more MMA, but I think my wife would get mad lol. Plus I don't know where to get them (i.e. torrent trackers). I'd be interested to hear if you have any suggestions on sites to look at for tips on making my weight training days more beneficial for my Judo performance. :D
Self taught, baby steps. The core involved in some of the Oly moves are more core involved or at least more core-dynamic then most bodybuilding lifts. Oly lifts would majorly up your Judo. Judo is all about exerting force (once you've achieved your leverage advantage) and powering your opponent over your back, to the side, whatever or even reversing the leverage mid-fall/mid-throw, all from the hips. Oly lifts are all about hip velocity. It'd be great for you. Not to mention the grip strength you get from Oly lifts if you don't strap up.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dude I read that and got chills. I sh*t you not.

Truly inspirational man. I wanna do something like that in my life too. I'd rep but it says I gotta spread more.

Thanks for sharing!!
I repped him for you. For sure a great story Chevy, like the ending to a movie.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Self taught, baby steps. The core involved in some of the Oly moves are more core involved or at least more core-dynamic then most bodybuilding lifts. Oly lifts would majorly up your Judo. Judo is all about exerting force (once you've achieved your leverage advantage) and powering your opponent over your back, to the side, whatever or even reversing the leverage mid-fall/mid-throw, all from the hips. Oly lifts are all about hip velocity. It'd be great for you. Not to mention the grip strength you get from Oly lifts if you don't strap up.
I know my basic strength coming from mostly doing 5X5/ pyramiding where I always used heavy weights REALLY helped here. I figure once I get technique DOWN for Judo I'll be able to use my strength even more. But I know I need SPEED!! I know what you mean about baby steps. Read the oly lifts books, strength books etc. Oh btw that lift you did today that I said was the squat press~ I actually did a few of those this morning lol. I can't do push presses cause of poor shoulder/elbow/wrist flex. But I plan on trying to get my snatch up, and working on my arms flex.

SORRY for the thread hijack Onlychevy~ back to you~ ;)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Shhh keep this on the down low. Lmfao I think our days of ballroom and latin dancing are behind us. Its all about the ass shaking amd bumping and grinding now. And ummm no I love you but you are my sister none of that redneck stuff goin on here. Even if I am a redneck. Lmfao
I just threw up in my mouth reading that! Couldn't even hold off for the disclaimer... LOL

Ha Ha Ha that is so me. When I took this unexpected break I was like ah no big deal I can just start off where I left off. WRONG!!! I had to drop the weight 5-10 lbs on some of the exercises. But not all of them. LOL.. I like going after the PR's my self also. I was going to attempt 300 on the bench last night but quickly remembered my woman was my spotter. I had the weight on there then took it right back off. Dropped it down to 240. LOL..
Jeff, if you are trying for a max and don't think your Cathy can spot you then you shouldn't be trying to max out with that weight at all regardless of the spotter. You should only attempt a max you know is close to your strength level so that she only has to lift a little bit of it not a large portion. JoAnn could spot me on any 1 rep max I would attempt. If I was trying for 365 it would be cause I knew I could do 355 for one rep. Not that I could do anywhere near this right now...

I would be more concerned with her ability to spot me in the 5-8 rep range where I might hit muscular failure prematurely and her have to lift a large portion of it. Just something to think about.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just threw up in my mouth reading that! Couldn't even hold off for the disclaimer... LOL Jeff, if you are trying for a max and don't think your Cathy can spot you then you shouldn't be trying to max out with that weight at all regardless of the spotter. You should only attempt a max you know is close to your strength level so that she only has to lift a little bit of it not a large portion. JoAnn could spot me on any 1 rep max I would attempt. If I was trying for 365 it would be cause I knew I could do 355 for one rep. Not that I could do anywhere near this right now... I would be more concerned with her ability to spot me in the 5-8 rep range where I might hit muscular failure prematurely and her have to lift a large portion of it. Just something to think about.
Yes I have not ran any calculations I just figured if I can do 250x15 then again for another 8-10. My 1 rep max should be around 335. So I was going to attempt 300. But followed my gut and backed it off and never tried. I will wait until you are around when and of I want to attempt it. Also I have a piece of equipment that might and I mean might fit in your workout room. Dont see any place I can put it right this moment. Should know more after this weekend. Have alot to re arrange. If your bored bring the family up.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes I have not ran any calculations I just figured if I can do 250x15 then again for another 8-10. My 1 rep max should be around 335. So I was going to attempt 300. But followed my gut and backed it off and never tried. I will wait until you are around when and of I want to attempt it. Also I have a piece of equipment that might and I mean might fit in your workout room. Dont see any place I can put it right this moment. Should know more after this weekend. Have alot to re arrange. If your bored bring the family up.
How close or far are you guys from each other?

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you most Texas folk they would say too far away. They drive more than 3 miles and thas too far. Lol... We live about an hour apart. Give or take a few minutes. And that is with no traffic.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you most Texas folk they would say too far away. They drive more than 3 miles and thas too far. Lol... We live about an hour apart. Give or take a few minutes. And that is with no traffic.
That's pretty cool. An hour is a good time away, but not too, too bad. SoCal traffic can turn a 45min drive into a 3 hours drive, I had to leave an hour and a half to 2 hours early for a 20min drive in my college years, just to be safe.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I dont miss cali driving at all. People at my office freak out cause I drive 53 miles one way. Takes me about and hour and 15 minutes. I am like what is the big deal in cali you can drive 20 miles on 2 hours. Lol

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
JoAnn could spot me on any 1 rep max I would attempt. If I was trying for 365 it would be cause I knew I could do 355 for one rep.
Listen to the man Jeff... I mean he has a good point, I got my wife to spot me yesterday when I tried my max bench at 600Lbs... she had to help a little but we got it!

My Wife...

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
9-16-11

Back in the gym for the second time this week after the last 3 weeks off. Can I just say man it feels good. Well today was the last day of my taking EPI-V from Finaflex-Redefine Nutrition. I have used this product for the last 8 weeks at 6 caps per day. I will say this about the product. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to lean out and put a little mass on. Or even if strength gain is just your goal this product will also help in that department as well. Tomorrow I will be doing some pics and final measurement as well as a body fat test to see where I ended up. I am not going to make any excuses for my results. I could have easily gotten better results had I been in the gym the last 3 weeks. It just wasn't an option. So ultimately these results are really after 5 total week of training.

Tonight's Workout

Cable Push Downs Straight Bar

100 lbs 13 times
100 lbs 10 times
90 lbs 8 times
80 lbs 7 times

Overhead Tricep Extension (With Rope)

140 lbs 15 times
140 lbs 10 times
130 lbs 7 times
120 lbs 5 times

Flys

95 lbs 15 times
95 lbs 10 times
80 lbs 8 times
65 lbs 8 times

Vertical Chest Press

200 lbs 15 times
200 lbs 9 times
180 lbs 8 times
160 lbs 8 times

Straight Legged Hanging Leg Raises

4 sets of 10 (Yes I am finally able to do these again)

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
By vertical chest press I presume you're referring to the incline? Also, I was driving down the freeway on my way to the gym and a random thought hit me, related to your post about how you left surfing. I asked myself, if Chevy gets back down to even 15% BF, would he return to surfing?

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
By vertical chest press I presume you're referring to the incline? Also, I was driving down the freeway on my way to the gym and a random thought hit me, related to your post about how you left surfing. I asked myself, if Chevy gets back down to even 15% BF, would he return to surfing?
No sir I was sitting in the vertical position using a machine.

Now as far as your thought. It is funny you say this. There is a guy at my office whom has been buggin me to go surf with him. He rides long boards. I told him there is no way in gods green earth my board would float me right now. So it has been real easy to push it off. Well now that I am losing all this weight and getting back in shape I have actually thought about getting back on the board at lease once just to see if I can still do it. I have a long way to go before I can get on my competition board. But I do have another board that might float me soon as I drop some more.

I moved a good distance away from the beach for a reason. LOL. Now instead of surfing and shoot the curl I shoot animals. LMAO

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No sir I was sitting in the vertical position using a machine.

Now as far as your thought. It is funny you say this. There is a guy at my office whom has been buggin me to go surf with him. He rides long boards. I told him there is no way in gods green earth my board would float me right now. So it has been real easy to push it off. Well now that I am losing all this weight and getting back in shape I have actually thought about getting back on the board at lease once just to see if I can still do it. I have a long way to go before I can get on my competition board. But I do have another board that might float me soon as I drop some more.

I moved a good distance away from the beach for a reason. LOL. Now instead of surfing and shoot the curl I shoot animals. LMAO
I'd love to learn to hunt. I've never fired a gun before. Surfing is fantastic cardio! There's an excuse right there.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd love to learn to hunt. I've never fired a gun before. Surfing is fantastic cardio! There's an excuse right there.
You are more than welcome to come out and visit I have plenty of weapons you can shoot. We have huge feral hogs, deer, exotics etc...
And as for Cardio and surfing yes it was by far the funnest cardio ever.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You are more than welcome to come out and visit I have plenty of weapons you can shoot. We have huge feral hogs, deer, exotics etc...
And as for Cardio and surfing yes it was by far the funnest cardio ever.
Nice. My wife has cousins out in Texas, maybe one day. Surfers have some of the best physiques, great lats from all the paddling and a lot of them are just ripped from surfing and burning calories all day.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That is one thing i do miss about surfing is the conditioning I got out of it. plus all the nice scenery.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is one thing i do miss about surfing is the conditioning I got out of it. plus all the nice scenery.
I remember when I was about 21 and was at "The Wedge" out in Newport, you probably know about The Wedge, it's in the opposite direction of Huntington, you turn left instead of right on the 1 freeway, anyway. At the time I was in pretty good shape and I thought I looked pretty good, then I saw this dark, dark Japanese Surfer walk by with like a 10 pack and when he was walking away his back was carved as hell and he had a nasty V-taper from his lats. He made me feel like such a slob in that moment.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I remember when I was about 21 and was at "The Wedge" out in Newport, you probably know about The Wedge, it's in the opposite direction of Huntington, you turn left instead of right on the 1 freeway, anyway. At the time I was in pretty good shape and I thought I looked pretty good, then I saw this dark, dark Japanese Surfer walk by with like a 10 pack and when he was walking away his back was carved as hell and he had a nasty V-taper from his lats. He made me feel like such a slob in that moment.
I know right. Surfers are lean!
When I move back to Hawaii I better be ripped cause I need to be able to go to the beach and not be shame lol.

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Awesome thread Chevy, some great stories in here and as a struggling annual surfer (cos the waves are 4 hrs away), I reckon u have to give it go when your BW drops!!! I used to be ok when growing up in south africa, but stopped around 16, started trying again around 5 years ago but it wasn't happening ( I reckon the 240 - 250lbs of weight and 17yr break might have been a factor)

I now go back every year, I still suck but at least I can get up and riding now, albeit very straight line.... Next year I'm hoping to be around 170lbs and hoping for a board of my own for Xmas or birthday, so I can start trying with a real board again instead of a water logged hire barge!

Workouts looking good, hell I can't imagine thinking about trying to bench 300, never mind getting to the point of actually racking the weight!

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome thread Chevy, some great stories in here and as a struggling annual surfer (cos the waves are 4 hrs away), I reckon u have to give it go when your BW drops!!! I used to be ok when growing up in south africa, but stopped around 16, started trying again around 5 years ago but it wasn't happening ( I reckon the 240 - 250lbs of weight and 17yr break might have been a factor)

I now go back every year, I still suck but at least I can get up and riding now, albeit very straight line.... Next year I'm hoping to be around 170lbs and hoping for a board of my own for Xmas or birthday, so I can start trying with a real board again instead of a water logged hire barge!

Workouts looking good, hell I can't imagine thinking about trying to bench 300, never mind getting to the point of actually racking the weight!
Thanks bro. Where in South Africa did you grow up? I spent some time out there also. Have a very good friend whom lived in Durban now he lives in Greece and surfs out there in the Mediterranean sea i think is what he said. Where do you live now? I will make no promises but I am still friends with a lot of the guys on tour as well as a few shapers. So I might be able to get you a discount on a custom board for you depending on where you live.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OK here are the final measurements after taking the EPI-V for 8 weeks and only training for a total of 5 weeks. I don't have a caliper to do my body fat so I have to be at the gym on about 2 hours to get it done. Soon as I get it done I will post it up.

July 17th 2011 (Day 1) / September 17th 2011

Weight: 264 / Weight: 249.6

Neck: 18.25 / 17.75
Shoulder: 53.25 / 51.5
Chest: 48.75 / 48.75
Waist: 44 / 43
Abdomen: 52.0 / 49.0
Hips: 44.5 / 45
Thigh: 25.25 / 24.25
Knee: 16 / 16
Calf: 16.75 / 16.5
Ankle: 9.5 / 9.25
Arm: 16.5 / 16.5 non flexed 17.5 Flexed
Forearm: 12 / 12.25
Wrist: 7 / 7

Now starts the PCT for the next few weeks. If all goes well I will be in the low 240's to high 230's

9-17-11 Front.jpg
9-17-11 Front Double Bicep.jpg
9-17-11 Rear Double Bicep.jpg
9-17-11Being Goofy.jpg

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok so I went and got caliper tested. Talk about a complete let down. I have no idea how it is possible but I am still at 30% on the dot. I dont feel like I am. I know there is a % of error. But when I started I was at 29.9 %. The person who calipered me the first time no longer works there. Now the guy whi did it this time was the fitness manager. So dissapointed.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok so I went and got caliper tested. Talk about a complete let down. I have no idea how it is possible but I am still at 30% on the dot. I dont feel like I am. I know there is a % of error. But when I started I was at 29.9 %. The person who calipered me the first time no longer works there. Now the guy whi did it this time was the fitness manager. So dissapointed.
Don't be disappointed! Did you lose weight... yes! Do you look better... yes! Do you feel better (most important)... yes! Are you going to quit... NEVER! Hang in there bro, switch something up, shake something loose, whether it is changing around your diet a little of change your style of working out/lifting weights for a few weeks, just whatever changes you make... stick with it for about 4 weeks, then switch it again, don't be disappointed, you have come a long way and we can all see it and most importantly... you can feel it, I know there are things you feel you can do now that you could not have a few months ago, hell... you are talking about surfing again, come on MAN you know you are feeling better, faster, stronger!!!

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't be disappointed! Did you lose weight... yes! Do you look better... yes! Do you feel better (most important)... yes! Are you going to quit... NEVER! Hang in there bro, switch something up, shake something loose, whether it is changing around your diet a little of change your style of working out/lifting weights for a few weeks, just whatever changes you make... stick with it for about 4 weeks, then switch it again, don't be disappointed, you have come a long way and we can all see it and most importantly... you can feel it, I know there are things you feel you can do now that you could not have a few months ago, hell... you are talking about surfing again, come on MAN you know you are feeling better, faster, stronger!!!
Thank you for the positive words. I just don't get it right now. Something is obviously wrong though. You don't just lose 15 lbs and not lose any body fat. I mean it is very clear that I have lost fat and have added some muscle. I will be posting pics tomorrow. Heck the measurements show change as well. My only thought is the original person whom did the measurements twice I might add. Just did them completely wrong and gave me false info. Which ticks me off if that is the case.

I am on a mission and want to be as specific "in everything" as possible. I have not much room for error if I want to hit my goal by the end of the year. I have approx 40lbs to get there, give or take a few. Yes my diet was not exactly on point over the last 3 weeks. But with that said I only gained 1 lb and lost that pound and then some after the first workout.

I hope I was able to make you and Finaflex proud in the means of the weight loss dept. And want to thank you both again for the opportunity in running such a fantastic product. Now that I am running the Pure Test and PCT Revolution Black, I only expect to continue my trend of getting leaner.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh and to say a little something about faster. Well when I was playing ball, I ran a 4.5 40 yard dash and was 205 lbs. I was able to run it again just for giggles and clocked a 4.9 at 249 lbs. So I can say not to shabby considering I am no where near football shape right now.

And stronger yes with out a doubt I am lifting more, squating a ton more, and hell I can also do hanging leg raises and keep my legs straight out instead of bringing my knees straight up. So yes much stronger.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Calipers are one of the more unreliable measures of fat testing. I guarantee your results would not only vary from test to test, but results will also vary from administrating person to administrating person. The most accurate way to get a caliper test is to take each pinch site at least 3 times, then take the average of the those numbers, because with each new administration, you'll get different numbers. It really takes years and an astronimical amount of administrations to make someone a reliable caliper test administrator. Chances are, your numbers are off today and chances are, your numbers were off when you first took the test. At this point, just go by weight and the mirror. The caliper test is subject to a lot of mediating errors.

BMI's can give false readings depending on your hydration levels and the hydrostatic weighing has it's own pitfalls that I can't think of off the top of my head right now. I've personally gone through and administered all of them on many occassions (Kinesiology major) and calipers are the most subjective to administrative errors. If you pinch a site of skin and do it 3,4,5 times in a row, you won't get the same number each time, which is why averages are the best way to do it. If your administrator took only one set of numbers, then I can say for near certain it was an inaccurate reading. If he did do averages and admininstored it properly, then what Scottydoc posted takes precedence in reasoning either way.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Calipers are one of the more unreliable measures of fat testing. I guarantee your results would not only vary from test to test, but results will also vary from administrating person to administrating person. The most accurate way to get a caliper test is to take each pinch site at least 3 times, then take the average of the those numbers, because with each new administration, you'll get different numbers. It really takes years and an astronimical amount of administrations to make someone a reliable caliper test administrator. Chances are, your numbers are off today and chances are, your numbers were off when you first took the test. At this point, just go by weight and the mirror. The caliper test is subject to a lot of mediating errors.

BMI's can give false readings depending on your hydration levels and the hydrostatic weighing has it's own pitfalls that I can't think of off the top of my head right now. I've personally gone through and administered all of them on many occassions (Kinesiology major) and calipers are the most subjective to administrative errors. If you pinch a site of skin and do it 3,4,5 times in a row, you won't get the same number each time, which is why averages are the best way to do it. If your administrator took only one set of numbers, then I can say for near certain it was an inaccurate reading. If he did do averages and admininstored it properly, then what Scottydoc posted takes precedence in reasoning either way.
Well I can say this. He only took one pinch in all seven spots. And to be honest I was not expecting to be in the teens or anything like that. Especially since i lost 3 weeks of training. But what I did expect based off of the 29.9% reading in the beginning was a mid to low 20% measurement. I know I have a lot of work to do and I know I have been getting results, It was just like I got kicked in the sack when the numbers came back darn near identical. This will be the last time I do a body fat test until I lose at least another 40 lbs. Which will almost put me at my goal.

KleensQueen

KleensQueen

Awards
Well I can say this. He only took one pinch in all seven spots. And to be honest I was not expecting to be in the teens or anything like that. Especially since i lost 3 weeks of training. But what I did expect based off of the 29.9% reading in the beginning was a mid to low 20% measurement. I know I have a lot of work to do and I know I have been getting results, It was just like I got kicked in the sack when the numbers came back darn near identical. This will be the last time I do a body fat test until I lose at least another 40 lbs. Which will almost put me at my goal.
you go bub!! awesome!!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hear ya. Even for me, if I know I've lost fat but the scale says I weigh the same, it'll mess with my head and my motivation. That's why it's good to have external voices of reason that are more objective, then ourselves. I know I can be more prone to getting disappointed by the scale emotionally, even though intellectually, I may know that it's not an accurate reflection of my recent efforts or physical achievements. You're doing great, we know it, you know it, so eff that pinch test, lol.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hear ya. Even for me, if I know I've lost fat but the scale says I weigh the same, it'll mess with my head and my motivation. That's why it's good to have external voices of reason that are more objective, then ourselves. I know I can be more prone to getting disappointed by the scale emotionally, even though intellectually, I may know that it's not an accurate reflection of my recent efforts or physical achievements. You're doing great, we know it, you know it, so eff that pinch test, lol.
Thank you

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My day was made they opened a wahoos fish taco not too far from me. I know where my non home cooked meals will be coming from.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My day was made they opened a wahoos fish taco not too far from me. I know where my non home cooked meals will be coming from.
I love Wahoo's and I love fish tacos, therefore, I double love Wahoo's fish tacos, but I think Taco Nazo actually makes the best fish tacos.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Jeff, No offense brother but when you started you were easily 35% minimum. Honestly any measurements being taken on calipers on any one over 20% are a waist of time. In my opinion they are detrimental to the individual in most cases. Just keep taking your body measurements and keep on trucking. Your progress is obvious.