• Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff Jeff and I will take the blame for that. LOL

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alrighty off to a good start for the week. I jumped on the treadmill in a fasted state, only did 15 minutes of cardio to get started. First 2 minutes was at 3.5 mph then I alternated the speed every minute going from 3.5 to 4.5. For the first week I will probably stick to the 15 minutes then bump it up from there.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome! Adding in cardio here and there is great! It's actually better to do two 15 minute sessions than one 30 minute session.

Great work, keep it up!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome! Adding in cardio here and there is great! It's actually better to do two 15 minute sessions than one 30 minute session.

Great work, keep it up!
Milas is correct 2 15 minute sessions will raise metabolism again giving you a higher overall caloric burn than if you just did it all in the morning. Now a 30 minute and a 15 minute later that is MONEY baby!

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Milas is correct 2 15 minute sessions will raise metabolism again giving you a higher overall caloric burn than if you just did it all in the morning. Now a 30 minute and a 15 minute later that is MONEY baby!

That is next week. Also bought some whey today not sure if it is any good was at wally world and picked up some body fortress. They didnt have any eas.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day two on the treadmill was a challenge. Startes off at 3.5 for a minute, then to 4 for a minute, 4.5 for a minute, then 5 for a minute. Then dropping back down to 3.5 and redis this until 15 minute was up.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Body Fortress will be just fine as long as you can drink it. Some proteins are more mixable and or better profiles but BF is fine for getting in extra protein. If you don't get any stomach discomfort then no worries. That is normally the drawback to cheaper powders but things have changed quite a bit.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah it was easy to drink even Cat drank some to taste it and she thought it was ok. Considering she has never had anything like that. I did 1 scoop with 6 oz. of water as i was about to eat as well. and drank 16 oz of water already.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good deal. I am really enjoying this Lean Gains perhaps after the contest you may want to give it a try. Muscles are staying very full as I am leaning out.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Round two complete. From here on out will be cardio in the morning and what ever is scheduled with p90x in the evening followed by some more cardio.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Round two complete. From here on out will be cardio in the morning and what ever is scheduled with p90x in the evening followed by some more cardio.
You are really getting into this Chevy! Its nice seeing your progress and the effort you put into this...:D

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks Rick. I was mentally ready for this thing in the beginning. Had a crappy week week and a half mostly because of my work schedule. But I got back on track. Now that I have the treadmill there is no excuse why I cant do something other than being lazy. I will say that the p90x is getting a tad on the boring side. I miss the gym alot. But I will stick it out until the end. Once this contest is over I will need to see what I can do about getting to an actual gym. Just real tuff when they are 25-30 miles away. And I get home so late. But for the time being excuses are like @$$holes everyone has got one. I have officially hit the 70s and hope to fly thru them and into the 60s quickly. My goal has been to lose 80 - 100 lbs for this contest. I think a more realistic goal is 50lbs. I am almost half way there with a little over a month to go.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
knew you could do it chevy!!!!!!! keep busting your ass its worth every min.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You are doing great man, and very deserving of every bit of progress you see. Good job buddy on hitting the half way mark :biggthumpup:

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It has been a few days since my last post. Things are going ok. Had some good family time over this past weekend. Last week was another long work week. Back to the grind this morning. Time to get some more fat burner sups. Didnt realize I was down to my couple. I dont take any sups over the weekends just to give my body a break. Seems to work better come monday mornings. Feel free to chime in on your logic behind taking them everyday.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It has been a few days since my last post. Things are going ok. Had some good family time over this past weekend. Last week was another long work week. Back to the grind this morning. Time to get some more fat burner sups. Didnt realize I was down to my couple. I dont take any sups over the weekends just to give my body a break. Seems to work better come monday mornings. Feel free to chime in on your logic behind taking them everyday.
good to see your still on your grind.nutin wrong with giving your body a lil me time I say ;)

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I tend to take fat burners before working out. If I'm doing cardio on the weekend, I take them then too. However, I don't think there's anything wrong with taking a couple days off. Your CNS will probably thank you!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree. There is nothing wrong with laying off of the burners for the weekend. The staples need to be in there daily like protein, fish oil, and multi. But the fat burner is fine to rest from on the weekend

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok so here is a question? Why is it all of a sudden when I take the last few pills of my forged in the afternoon I am starting to feel that warming sensation/ burn when I never really felt it before.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Your metabolism is finally speeding up so that it's resting rate is much higher than it was before. So now the pills are actually giving you that extra core temperature raising effect that they are supposed to. That is a good thing Bro!

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Your metabolism is finally speeding up so that it's resting rate is much higher than it was before. So now the pills are actually giving you that extra core temperature raising effect that they are supposed to. That is a good thing Bro!
ah the feeling of supps also putting in work ;)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah Thermos will make you feel all toasty...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
ah the feeling of supps also putting in work ;)
Yeah you are right there. It was the hard work that got his metabolism to come up so the pills could do there job effectively. I would liken it to adding a few chunks of wood on top of slow burning embers will initially increase the heat very little more so extend the burn. Alternatively when you add wood to a burning flame the heat increases exponentially. That is basically what is happening here. His resting metabolism has gone from slow burning embers to a flame so the pills are now turning up the heat more.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah you are right there. It was the hard work that got his metabolism to come up so the pills could do there job effectively. I would like it to adding a few chunks of wood on top of slow burning embers will initially increase the heat very little more so extend the burn. Alternatively when you add wood to a burning flame the heat increases exponentially. That is basically what is happening here. His resting metabolism has gone from slow burning embers to a flame so the pills are now turning up the heat more.
Yeah and I like it.... :)

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh and I am down some more weight. I will wait until sunday to see what the total is and will do another measurement.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Excellent!

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
nuttin like that nice warm feeling and then start sweating;)

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Jan. 24

Neck: 18.5
Shoulder: 56.25
Chest: 51.5
Waist: 49
Abdomen: 58
Hips: 53
Thigh: 27
Knee: 17
Calf: 17.25
Ankle: 10.5
Arm: 16.75
Forearm: 12
Wrist: 7.33

Feb. 6th

Neck: 18
Shoulder: 55.5
Chest: 49.5
Waist: 48
Abdomen: 56.75
Hips: 51
Thigh: 27.75
Knee: 16.25
Calf: 16.75
Ankle: 9.5
Arm: 16.25
Forearm: 11
Wrist: 7.25

March 18

Neck: 18.5
Shoulder: 54.125
Chest: 48.5
Waist: 46.0
Abdomen: 55.75
Hips: 49.25
Thigh: 26.5
Knee: 16.0
Calf: 17.5
Ankle: 10.0
Arm: 16.0
Forearm: 12.25
Wrist: 7.25

So overall there has been some changes. Which is a good thing. But being the stubborn person i am expected more. Its all good though.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man you are doing excellent. I didn't d the math but you lost over 20 inches between all of those measurements I bet.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's awesome progress man! The measurements show just how good you have done with this. Keep up the great work :D

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not you typical work out over the weekend. Had to handle 18 bags of corn 50 lbs each 3 times. But I did break a sweat. Walking up ladders wih a bag is not always fun.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not you typical work out over the weekend. Had to handle 18 bags of corn 50 lbs each 3 times. But I did break a sweat. Walking up ladders wih a bag is not always fun.
sounds like a nice workout to me

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is plum worn out. After yesterdays workout and tonights workout my arms are like jello.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is plum worn out. After yesterdays workout and tonights workout my arms are like jello.
Well it sounds like you put some work in!! I hear ya though...I am dead to the world tonight after the intense workout I had this morning. I'm getting sore already, and I usually dont feel it til the next day.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
speaking of jello..... man I'm really showing my age here but had to do it

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Checking in with everyone. Been working a ton of hours lately. Training is going ok. and plan on taking this thing. I wont be all ripped like all these other guys that have busted there a$$ but i will have lost more weight than any of them... YEE HAAAA.

One goal at a time. Soon as the fat is gone then come the thickness.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Checking in with everyone. Been working a ton of hours lately. Training is going ok. and plan on taking this thing. I wont be all ripped like all these other guys that have busted there a$$ but i will have lost more weight than any of them... YEE HAAAA.

Awesome man..good to hear everything is still going good in the midst of the busy life. It is incredible the amount of weight you have lost for sure, and it sounds like you are happy with your progress:yup:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff Jeff, way to keep working when things get hard.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

great way to look a things bro keep killin **** man

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok question how do you know if you tore your achilles tendon. Was on the treadmill last night warmed up with a light walk at 3.5 hit the 8.0 and about 30 seconds later I hear a pop and my left achilles has been freaking killing me. Hard to walk this morning. This still will not stop me. It may slow me down but it wont stop me. Not after all I have done thus far. Pain is a side of weakness and I will not let it win. So glad I have a high tollerance for pain.

KleensQueen

KleensQueen

Awards
Ok question how do you know if you tore your achilles tendon. Was on the treadmill last night warmed up with a light walk at 3.5 hit the 8.0 and about 30 seconds later I hear a pop and my left achilles has been freaking killing me. Hard to walk this morning. This still will not stop me. It may slow me down but it wont stop me. Not after all I have done thus far. Pain is a side of weakness and I will not let it win. So glad I have a high tollerance for pain.
Bub, do you need some vagisil? Quit being a baby and get back to work! ;) I think if u jacked something up, you will know for sure!! DUH! lol. xoxo

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bub, do you need some vagisil? Quit being a baby and get back to work! ;) I think if u jacked something up, you will know for sure!! DUH! lol. xoxo
Your a dork. I know I jacked it up just dont know if I tore it or sprained it. If that is even possible.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Your a dork. I know I jacked it up just dont know if I tore it or sprained it. If that is even possible.
Seems like the worst it would be is a sprain, if you tore your achiles tendon, you would not be able to walk, you'd fall over.

RICE. Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation. 20 minutes icing, 20 minutes off. Don't use heat for at least 3 days. Take it a little easy, but don't let up completely! It should heal whether you rest or not, just depends on how long it will take.

However, I come from the school of hardknocks, and I rarely go to the doctor (they never tell me something I don't already know).