onlychevy6+Needtobuildmuscle Contest Log. NeedToBuildMuscle & MrSupps

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Time to start Monday off with a bang!! Kill that sh*t Chevy!! You got this man!

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright we are back on track. Did an hour of core workout. My abs are on fire, good I loce this feeling. The adderllin woke me up this morning, however I had a friggen massive headache all darn day. Took the forged at lunch time and felt a little burn from that point on.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Talk about being sore. Omg. Legs, abs, arms and chest..... But it feels so damn good. Pardon my french. Supplements seem to be doing there job. Keeping my energy up and my appitite down.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Talk about being sore. Omg. Legs, abs, arms and chest..... But it feels so damn good. Pardon my french. Supplements seem to be doing there job. Keeping my energy up and my appitite down.
Sounds like everything is working great! That soreness is a sign of good work too ;)

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok so changes will need to be made. I get up this morning and was completely sore. I get dressed and go out for a jog. It is butt early in the morning and I get a pack of 3 coyotes start running after me. At first I ran like I was still playing ball. But gassed real quick. So I grab what ever I could reach. It was a stick. And swung hitting one of them and then they took off running. Now you have to remember I dont live in the city. And some people have list some animals and couldnt figure out why. Now I know. Time for a treadmill for early morning runs now. That is until I take these bastards out. Just waiting for permission from the board in our private community. We can bow hunt just not shoot. Now I know where they are beddin down and I would be safe to take them out with a little squeeze of the boom stick.

So what treadmills would you recommend. It must be able to fold.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How much do you want to spend? The good ones are $1500. You can get a norsictrack 700-1000

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
wow man glad you got out of there unharmed that's wild. I know walmart had a sale on these awhile back and I know a decent one goes for around 1300 to 1500 but there are cheaper opts.criag's list might be a good place to look for one as well.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was looking to spend between 600 to 900. I was looking at the proform 590t. It was one of a few that had good reviews.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I recommend getting one from a used fitness store you can get one close to a commercial grade one. However for the price of some cheap ground beef and some poison you could toss that ish out the window by there den and no more problems... By the way way to fuggin go!!! I think you should also invest in some pepper spray would have turned those coyotes into whining pups. Keep on killing it Jeff not that I need to be but I am proud of you for sticking with this so far. Starting back up is the hardest part.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Chris you have no idea how good that feels to hear. Thank you. Now as far as the coyote issue. I might have to go redneck fitness guy and carry my pistol when I run. Lol.. Oh and a used machine is a good idea. Maybe I can look into that this weekend. Any suggestions on where to look since you arent that far from me.

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
I was looking to spend between 600 to 900. I was looking at the proform 590t. It was one of a few that had good reviews.
Craigslist is your best friend in this case..You can usually find great ones barely used for this price on there. Just make sure you search out of your area to, sometimes the extra little drive is worth the 500+ dollar savings.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
G thank you for your input. You know craigslist seems to be hit or miss. But it is a really good idea.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I got the nordictrack t8.0 for $700. Works well for me. I checked Craigslist but it was hard to tell condition, no warranty and would be difficult to move helped me decide on new

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not real sure where to get a good treadmill other than suggestions already mentioned, but I do know several places to get firearms to take care of your furry friends :)

Glad to see you still pushing hard man. You are doing awesome!!

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol Rick yeah you and me both. I have a few toys of my own. Now on a training and supplement note. I feel pretty good today consideing I got very little sleep last night. Yesterday about 2pm I tried a new thing. I took 2 forged burner pills instead of one, just to see what would happen. It gave a lot of energy and actually had that burn going on I have been looking for. However I could not fall asleep at all. So today I am going to give it one more shot by taking two around noon. If it happens again I will know it is way too much to take that late in the afternoon. I am already taking two adderllin in the morning and it is lasting up til lunch time. I typically take it with breakfast around 6:30ish when I get to the office.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Chris you have no idea how good that feels to hear. Thank you. Now as far as the coyote issue. I might have to go redneck fitness guy and carry my pistol when I run. Lol.. Oh and a used machine is a good idea. Maybe I can look into that this weekend. Any suggestions on where to look since you arent that far from me.
Craigs list and fitness oh crap I will look up the last name of it but if you can find one on craigs list it will be cheaper just make sure that it has a 300 pound capacity a lot are only 250 Tell you what I will look for a few and send you some links.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lol Rick yeah you and me both. I have a few toys of my own. Now on a training and supplement note. I feel pretty good today consideing I got very little sleep last night. Yesterday about 2pm I tried a new thing. I took 2 forged burner pills instead of one, just to see what would happen. It gave a lot of energy and actually had that burn going on I have been looking for. However I could not fall asleep at all. So today I am going to give it one more shot by taking two around noon. If it happens again I will know it is way too much to take that late in the afternoon. I am already taking two adderllin in the morning and it is lasting up til lunch time. I typically take it with breakfast around 6:30ish when I get to the office.
I would go with 10:30 or 11:30 Jeff those are long lasting stims and both stimulate the mind pretty well to so thoughts can keep you up if you dont take early enough. I am the same way with stims.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would go with 10:30 or 11:30 Jeff those are long lasting stims and both stimulate the mind pretty well to so thoughts can keep you up if you dont take early enough. I am the same way with stims.
solid advice here.I don't take stims very often but when i do I make sure I do it early enough to wear off.good learning experience here.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well I took the two forged about 12:30. Mainly because I got caught up working on somethings. Everything actually worked out fine. Got home late about 7:15pm so I had a late workout when I got in. I tell you this the chest,shoulder and arms workout on p90x is no joke. I bought some of the dumbells to use as well as the bands. Anyway after the work out I had a little food and went to bed about an hour after I ate. Proud to say since my week last week was so crazy I gained 2 1/2 lbs. Well I have already lost it and by sunday I am expecting to surpass that and get in the 270s for the first time in a while.

By the way what have you guys and gals been using for recovery after your workouts?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
BCAA's and protein for me with l-gutamine... I take hghpro glycobol and melatonin before bed to ensure sleep quality. I also have my evening meal around an hour after my workout...

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I take a weight gainer (whey and carbs) with a couple scoops of casein protein added. Whey and casein blends are supposedly best after workouts for protein synthesis, and the carbs help recover glycogen in the muscles.

In a weight loss plan though, I'm not sure what the optimal recovery would be post workout. I'd assume whey/casein/bcaa's with a little bit less carbs? The carbs help with insulin spiking, which may not be desirable for weight loss, that's why I think restricted carbs would be best...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I take a weight gainer (whey and carbs) with a couple scoops of casein protein added. Whey and casein blends are supposedly best after workouts for protein synthesis, and the carbs help recover glycogen in the muscles.

In a weight loss plan though, I'm not sure what the optimal recovery would be post workout. I'd assume whey/casein/bcaa's with a little bit less carbs? The carbs help with insulin spiking, which may not be desirable for weight loss, that's why I think restricted carbs would be best...
Carbs help with insulin spiking insulin yes but so does leucine and it promotes protein synthesis. If trying to about blood sugar fluctuations a higher dose of leucine or 8:1:1, or even 4:1:1 ratio BCAA's and about 20 grams will give decent boost in insulin shuttlin the luecine into the muscle increasing protein synthesis, while not restricting the fat loss at all. Addition of low glycemic index carbs with this is ideal for recovering while not stimulating enough insulin release to stop lypolosis. This would aslo be where getting some GEAR would benefit you Jeff. Taken only before and after your workout at 4 caps each time with some BCAA's will increase recovery dramatically in my opinion.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well said.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Carbs help with insulin spiking insulin yes but so does leucine and it promotes protein synthesis. If trying to about blood sugar fluctuations a higher dose of leucine or 8:1:1, or even 4:1:1 ratio BCAA's and about 20 grams will give decent boost in insulin shuttlin the luecine into the muscle increasing protein synthesis, while not restricting the fat loss at all. Addition of low glycemic index carbs with this is ideal for recovering while not stimulating enough insulin release to stop lypolosis. This would aslo be where getting some GEAR would benefit you Jeff. Taken only before and after your workout at 4 caps each time with some BCAA's will increase recovery dramatically in my opinion.
Yah and at 8:1 only 10 should suffice, I do 10 pre 10 during and 10 post with my shake... I'm covered...

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I prefer perky over droopy...
Yeah but the knowledge here is heavy man... The droop is due to it's magnitude! ;)

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah but the knowledge here is heavy man... The droop is due to it's magnitude! ;)
Heavy hanging what??? Good stuff, 8:1:1 is where its at.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agree 100% with what Kleen said here...

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well ladies and gents. I was so close to hitting my goal for this past week. I wanted to get into the 270's. I am here to say I lost all of the weight gained from two weeks ago and lost a bit more. My weight as of this morning is 281 on the nose.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff Jeff, don't forget you are also building some muscle that is why we have you at that caloric level instead of down around 1800. The fat is just going to keep on coming off as long as you are consistent. You should be able to add some more mass as you go along this way instead of losing a bunch of LBM.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well ladies and gents. I was so close to hitting my goal for this past week. I wanted to get into the 270's. I am here to say I lost all of the weight gained from two weeks ago and lost a bit more. My weight as of this morning is 281 on the nose.
Great job man!! Things are going great and you have been doing well sticking to the plan. Those types of accomplishments will keep coming your way if you keep doing what you're doing :cheers:

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Had a good core work out tonight. I am shooting for 5 lb drop this week. Trying to keep my goals realistic anything above would be great.

Kleen let me know when you are placing your order for the bcaa.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
def sounds like you should be in the 270's very soon

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Arms and shoulders are pumping so much right now. And the abs omg a little over 200 plus sit up variations. Could quite finish the 326 on the ab ripper routine. Sweating like I was standing in the rain.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That Ab Ripper X is INTENSE!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Its nice seeing all that sweat pour out. It tells you that you are putting the work in. Good stuff here..

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Way to go Bro! Well done keep kicking that ass.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Gracias. Things are about to get alot better. Ended up buying a treadmill last night. Got it put together and jogged on it for about 10 minutes to see how it works.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh and on a side note. As most have read my workouts have been all p90x. Using my own body weight. Yesterday just for giggles while at a family members house, I wanted to see if I could lift weight for the first time in many years. We put on 145 to start was able to do that with no problem. Then bumped it up to195, I was able to lift that a few times then needed help getting it up. I was surprised I was able to lift that amount after not lifting for so long. My goal by the time I am done is benching 250 for 15 - 20 times non stop. Ordered up some bcaa's yesterday as well.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's great man! Your muscle memory is coming back very quickly and that is very impressive for someone that hasn't touched a weight in so many years...;)

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks rick. Yeah I had a rude awakening yesterday also. I went and did the bod pod just to get a true reading. I weighed in at 280 had 183lbs of lean mass and I shrunk. Lol they measured me in at 5'8 1/2 not 5'9. Need less to say I am a lard ass. However I am now snuggly fitting into clothes I havent worn in many years.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What kind of treadmill?

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks rick. Yeah I had a rude awakening yesterday also. I went and did the bod pod just to get a true reading. I weighed in at 280 had 183lbs of lean mass and I shrunk. Lol they measured me in at 5'8 1/2 not 5'9. Need less to say I am a lard ass. However I am now snuggly fitting into clothes I havent worn in many years.
this is great news bro

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We got the Proform 400 CT treadmill. Used it last night and then again today. Seems to be a nice machine.
Sounds good. I love having a treadmill at home, mine gets a lot of use!