One year and some change.

MANdrew

MANdrew

Awards
  • Established
So I was looking back at some old photos today, and I found one I had taken mid-September of last year. This was the day I really started lifting hard. I had wrestled in high school and was pretty strong, but I had no real diet plan and never really followed a specific lifting plan. That day I changed everything.... And this is what happened over the course of a year.

Attachments

genthoseffect

genthoseffect

Awards
wow. excellent progress man! hopefully the legs are right there with the upper body

MANdrew

MANdrew

Awards
  • Established
wow. excellent progress man! hopefully the legs are right there with the upper body
Yeah, I just didn't put a picture up. I gained some pretty good size in my legs, but mostly strength- I went from pulling 365 to 465 raw, and squatting 245 to 425. Definitely a good improvement, but I have a long way to go.

keithgeiling

keithgeiling

Awards
  • Established
Looking good!!! Looks like a solid "lean bulk" I assume.. How many cals over maintenance where you eating??

MANdrew

MANdrew

Awards
  • Established
Looking good!!! Looks like a solid "lean bulk" I assume.. How many cals over maintenance where you eating??
Honestly, I didn't really count calories. I just did what everyone said, "eat until you feel like you'll puke, then eat three more bites". I just stopped eating bad fats and bad carbs. I ate a metric ****ton of chicken and tuna daily, steak when I could afford it, drank a lot of milk and plain Greek yogurt. Not to mention all the sweet potatoes and red potatoes, low fat cheese and countless fruits and veggies. I just ate like there was no tomorrow!

keithgeiling

keithgeiling

Awards
  • Established
Honestly, I didn't really count calories. I just did what everyone said, "eat until you feel like you'll puke, then eat three more bites". I just stopped eating bad fats and bad carbs. I ate a metric ****ton of chicken and tuna daily, steak when I could afford it, drank a lot of milk and plain Greek yogurt. Not to mention all the sweet potatoes and red potatoes, low fat cheese and countless fruits and veggies. I just ate like there was no tomorrow!
Well, at least you were pounding some good solid foods!!

Bluedev14

Bluedev14

Awards
245 squat to over 400 in a year is insane...i've probably gone from probably like 230-350 in a year with some extreme dedication/dieting. You goin natty?