Norwegian's Re-comping with the Ultimate RPM/Drive Stack [Sponsored]

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What are Cutler Lat Raises??? All these fancy named exercises are making me :fool2:
Db's start in front of you, instead of pulling them straight out and to your side, you pull back and up and the knuckles stay facing forward, instead of them ending facing away from you. Elbows stay cocked at an almost 90 degree angle. It actually closely mimics an extremely wide grip upright row.

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
Db's start in front of you, instead of pulling them straight out and to your side, you pull back and up and the knuckles stay facing forward, instead of them ending facing away from you. Elbows stay cocked at an almost 90 degree angle. It actually closely mimics an extremely wide grip upright row.
Sounds interesting. I might have to give them a try next week.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds interesting. I might have to give them a try next week.
Cutler rasies are suppose to make the posterior delts share the load with the medial heads in a greater fashion, whereas, traditional lat raises have most of its emphasis on the medial head.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Are those the same seated side laterals he does in most of his training videos ? Like in 'A Cut Above' ?

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey Norwegian would you mind just briefly describing the two exercises I bolded. Just how they are performed, etc, because I'm not sure that I'm familiar with them.
Close-grip V-handle Pulldowns:

Vince Taylor One-arm Hammer Pulldowns/Stretches:

I saw it in a 'Leading up to the 2000 Mr. Olympia' DVD I downloaded .. Vince Taylor was doing them. It stretches the lat as far as you allow it, and you squeeze on the bottom for a hard peak contractioin. It burns the hell out of your wings, but further helps stretching/lengthening them ..

http://www.lagym.com/images/products/731061.jpg

One of these machines, only the plateloading ones. I kneel down on either side of it, perpendicular to the 'forward' direction. I grab the handle and kneel down, and I lean over to the opposite side a little bit while pulling/'contracting' the handle down, squeezing your lat hard on the bottom, and then a slow negative where you stretch as far as your lats may stretch comfortably/uncomfortably - whichever you may .. Did that make any sense ? haha ..

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
now I have to find a video of these

is this what you are talking about ? what he does at the beginning? looks like a vertical db row more or less

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
now I have to find a video of these

is this what you are talking about ? what he does at the beginning? looks like a vertical db row more or less

That was indeed what I was referring to as well .. I can't seem to get this form down, though, nor feel them too much. I haven't attempted them in over a year and whatnot, so I guess it's time for some experimenting. Maybe THAT'S the 'magic pill' Jay Cutler uses to get those craZY capped shoulders ! Lol ..

I got to be honest though, at this time being, I love doing the side laterals with knuckles facing out and up throughout the movement, and 'squeeze'/raise the DB's as high as I can on top of each rep. It makes me feel it a lot more/deeper in the trap/medial deltoid insertion area - i.e. the very top edge of my medial deltoid (so not the right anatomical reference, but I think ya'll get what I'm saying..)

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Day #20: AM Cardio

Stairmaster; Interval Setting; Level 12; 45 minutes

Pre-workout: 2 caps JetFuel + 2 caps Syntrax Fyre (sample)

Intra-workout: 2 scoops Xtend w/4 grams Beta Alanine

- I went to a friends house last night and endulged in lots of chicken wings, some spicy fries, corn on the cobb and goodies, so I realized I couldn't start off the weekend skipping out on my AM cardio session.

- When I got on the Stairmaster, I was under the impression they were 1-minute intervals, hence I went straight for level 12 (Volcom, obviously took a peek at your log.. lol) thinking it'd be 1-minute 'sprints' then 1 minute medium pace, then repeat. I was wrong, They were 3-minute intervals. After 6 minutes, I was like, 'Seriously, am I gonna do this?' But I kept trucking on, and 15 minutes go by, and I'm hurting ! The level 12 intervals get more grueling every time I come back to them, and for each interval when I return to medium pace, it's starting to feel more and more like I'm still on the fastest pace interval from the insane build-up of lactic acid. With 20 minutes to go, I knew I was gonna finish, but I didn't know what condition I'd be in upon completion, lol. I pull up my shorts so I can see my quads better, and it keeps me motivated. jSomething about seeing the muscles contract and extend, and see the veins and the pump become more and more apparent. My calves had two thick solid veins down either side when looking from the front, and they're getting more veiny from behind, too. The last two 3-minute intervals at the fast pace were grueling and I barely thought I would complete them. But ya'll know me by now, I wasn't gonna budge in and give up. Upon completing my cardio, I HAD to check out my legs in the mirror, and I was pleased to see my legs being thick, solid and veiny still, even after 2-3 weeks of from a 'real' leg workout. At this point, I'm not looking for much growth, and I'm thinking my fair amount of stairmaster will allow them to maintain their size, and if anything, tone them up more while growing a little bit. My calves also looked mightily impressive, and hams weren't too shabby - at least they're there, only I got to get rid of some fat to see them better.

- I went in to the gym thinking I'd do 15 minutes of calf work prior to hitting the stairmaster, but then I realized that I do indeed focus my Stairmaster sessions on exaggerated calf stretching, contracting and explosion on the bottom of the steps. This is why I get a hellacious pump in my calves while doing the stairs every time, because in essence, I'm doing 2-3 minutes straight of 'on-my-toes' steps (on the fastest intervals) which are similar to HIGH-volume/HIGH-rep calf extensions, and then stretch them REAL thoroughly on the medium-paced interval for a couple of minutes. Going forth and back like this torches the hell outta my calves ! Try it !

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Once again, second day in a row, I'm in the worst fcuking mood! No rhyme or reason, I just don't feel like picking up when people call me, I just don't want to be around anyone .. It's weird ! I think it's just because i've been stressing so much for several weeks now, with internship-searching and everything surrounding that, as well as wrapping up the semester and the exams and everything. I think my mind is just REALLY taking a break ..

Anyone ?

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Once again, second day in a row, I'm in the worst fcuking mood! No rhyme or reason, I just don't feel like picking up when people call me, I just don't want to be around anyone .. It's weird ! I think it's just because i've been stressing so much for several weeks now, with internship-searching and everything surrounding that, as well as wrapping up the semester and the exams and everything. I think my mind is just REALLY taking a break ..

Anyone ?
I have been feeling this way as well. Its kinda pissing me off. I just feel distant and lifeless.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have been feeling this way as well. Its kinda pissing me off. I just feel distant and lifeless.
It's an awful feeling. I've got no issues getting to the gym, but those are the 'highlights' of the day. My girl called me, and she told me I'd been acting weird lately, not answering messages or phonecalls from her .. I see her calling and texting, but I just didn't care to answer, or didn't have anything to say .. I'm hating this! As soon as I'm done working out in a couple of hours, I'll be throwing down a couple grams of Phenibut and hope I can relax/stress down a little.. This isn't helping anyone!

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
It's an awful feeling. I've got no issues getting to the gym, but those are the 'highlights' of the day. My girl called me, and she told me I'd been acting weird lately, not answering messages or phonecalls from her .. I see her calling and texting, but I just didn't care to answer, or didn't have anything to say .. I'm hating this! As soon as I'm done working out in a couple of hours, I'll be throwing down a couple grams of Phenibut and hope I can relax/stress down a little.. This isn't helping anyone!
Thats funny a girl that i have talked to for years has been saying that as well. I think i know what my problem is though and it should be solved very soon.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
As soon as we hung up the phone a little while ago, on semi-awkward terms, I made a point of calling her back and planning to see her as soon as her finals are over with, to stay with me a couple of days and letting me train her again. Just wanted to show her I didn't have a grudge or anything, I'm simply dealing with 'something' now ..

It may appear I'm gonna knock out all my stress in one hardcore, ALL out training session today. At 4PM, I popped 12 mg Methoxy-TST (don't blame me; I got hooked up in Bassgod's mass XXXplode log for several hours today] and it seems like the perfect pre-workout to get all this aggression [and then some] out.. LOL .. I popped 3 caps DRIVE with them as I purposely skipped my AM dosage to focus on my pre-workout dosing only. I popped another 2 caps DRIVE at 5.10PM, which leaves me with 5 caps left of DRIVE for tomorrow before I'm out. I also popped 5 caps RPM with the 2 caps DRIVE, and I will have my final 5-cap RPM serving tomorrow before my workout.

I'm already more vascular from the NO2; I've got some crazy veins on my tricep when I hold out my arm and do a bicep pose, and this is when my arms are 'cold.' I'm looking forward to seeing myself after today's workout. I'm hoping to look big, hard, and vascular! I'm doing either chest and triceps, or shoulders/traps and triceps, I really can't decide!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been stressed out too. If it weren't for the gym I'd probably be an alcoholic or something. It's definitely my stress reliever, aggression appeaser and happy hour all at once.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Day #20: PM Workout

HOOOOLY $HIT !!! Shoulders and Traps..

2 Hours Pre-workout:
*12 mg Methoxy TST
* 3 caps DRIVE

1 Hours Pre-workout:
* 2 caps DRIVE
* 5 caps RPM

1/2 Hour Pre-workout:
* 1 serving GreenMAG

Intra-workout:
* 5 scoops Xtend
* 5 grams Beta Alanine

Shoulders/Traps:

Behind-neck Smith Press - (95 * 30) 115 * 25, 135 * 25, 155 * 20, 155 * 20
Cutler Side Laterals - 25 * 25, 25 * 25, 30 * 25, 30 * 25
Incline Bench Rear Laterals DB Raises - 30 * 20, 30 * 20, 30 * 20, 30 * 20

Incline Bench Barbell Front Raises - 30 * 30, 40 * 25, 50 * 20
superset with
Wide-grip Upright Rows - 70 * 20, 70 * 20, 70 * 20

Machine Shoulder Press - 100 * 21, 100 * 20, 100 * 21
Reverse Pec-dec Flyes (Palms down) - 160 * 25, 160 * 25, 160 * 25

Dumbbell Shrugs - 125 * 30 ->non-stop-> Static hold for 30 seconds w/150 lbs dumbbells X rotations

(took me 60 minutes to complete this abnormal amounts of reps and sets!)

Machine Dips - 220 * 25, 220 * 25, 220 * 25
Rope Pressdowns - 40 * 20, 40 * 20, 40 * 25

Weight - 231 lbs. (UH-OH !!!)

- Holy $HIIIT ! Over 25 sets for shoulders and traps done in less than an hour, and topped it off with some triceps. I was thoroughly impressed with my smith presses, as the weight jumped up 10 lbs since last time I did it, for the same amount of reps. The Cutler Laterals weren't too shabby ! I felt it a lot more on top of my side deltoid, closer to the trap/medial deltoid tie-in. More than what I described with my normal side dumbbell laterals. It did indeed feel like a wide-grip upright rows exercise, but it gave me a great pump still!

The incline dumbbell rear laterals are awesome, I love the feel of these ! It reminds me of marcus ruhl's many incline bench exercises, and I love how 'ginormours' I'm looking when leaning over the incline and doing these. My shoulder girdle and traps look freakishly big ! I experimented with some front barbell raises, and they felt real good ! I used a real narrow grip - hands only 3-4 inches apart - so it was ALL in my front delts ! Supersetting them with wide-grip upright rows - which felt like the Cutler laterals somewhat - made for a hellacious superset ! I almost ran out of fresh ideas as to what to do in there for shoulders, but my energy was through the DAMN rood !! Recovery between sets was bar non, I didn't even wait 60 seconds between sets when i got into my supersets ! The blood filled my delts and arms and traps like you wouldn't believe; I did feel larger than life looking in the mirror! I can refer back to my bodyweight of 231 lbs. here -> may support my looking larger-than-life theory ! haha ..

The Dumbbell Shrugs felt real good as well, and I went straight from the 125 lbs * 30 reps in to picking up the 150 lbs' and doing 30 second static holds. DAyuuummmmm, did my traps 'unfold' and roll over forwards when I let the dumbbells just hang there as if my hands were mere hooks. My traps looked overpowering ! I only did two sets of shrugs, and two static holds .. Then I did my quick tricep workout, and got out of there.

I took some pics on my cell phone, but got no USB.. That doesn't help much at all, but I'm a big dude, period .. (not meant in a cocky way, it's just retarded how I look at that gym! I 'don't belong,' if ya know what I mean ..)

PEACE !!

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
So compared to your old pics, how much bigger do you think you are?

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It's getting harder and harder to wash myself when showering .. Reaching around my back across my chest is nearly impossible, and when I grap my shoulder cap like that, I can tell my shoulder has packed on some solid meat, indeed ! Arms are 18 inches when flexed .. Back has broadened up. I'm looking forward to the results to come from NO2 and the rest of my upcoming stack, along with the diet, because I'm looking solid for a 231 lbs'er, and had I drained 10 lbs the next 3 weeks or so, I'd look lean and vascular as hell, I bet !

(Random posting, I realize .. :wave:)

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So compared to your old pics, how much bigger do you think you are?
Damn, tough question .. I'm just looking so much fuller, more dense. That's probably the only explanation I can give. Hmm .. lol

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Seriously I want to see your pics but at the same time i don't. I might get jelous lol. You sound like a beast man keep it up.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Day #21: AM Cardio

- 40 minute walk with my dog; a nice, non-exhausting way of starting off the day.

I'm considering to take today off from the weights, and simply hit a cardio and abs session later on this afternoon or evening.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day #20: PM Workout

HOOOOLY $HIT !!! Shoulders and Traps..

2 Hours Pre-workout:
*12 mg Methoxy TST
* 3 caps DRIVE

1 Hours Pre-workout:
* 2 caps DRIVE
* 5 caps RPM

1/2 Hour Pre-workout:
* 1 serving GreenMAG

Intra-workout:
* 5 scoops Xtend
* 5 grams Beta Alanine

Shoulders/Traps:

Behind-neck Smith Press - (95 * 30) 115 * 25, 135 * 25, 155 * 20, 155 * 20
Cutler Side Laterals - 25 * 25, 25 * 25, 30 * 25, 30 * 25
Incline Bench Rear Laterals DB Raises - 30 * 20, 30 * 20, 30 * 20, 30 * 20

Incline Bench Barbell Front Raises - 30 * 30, 40 * 25, 50 * 20
superset with
Wide-grip Upright Rows - 70 * 20, 70 * 20, 70 * 20

Machine Shoulder Press - 100 * 21, 100 * 20, 100 * 21
Reverse Pec-dec Flyes (Palms down) - 160 * 25, 160 * 25, 160 * 25

Dumbbell Shrugs - 125 * 30 ->non-stop-> Static hold for 30 seconds w/150 lbs dumbbells X rotations

(took me 60 minutes to complete this abnormal amounts of reps and sets!)

Machine Dips - 220 * 25, 220 * 25, 220 * 25
Rope Pressdowns - 40 * 20, 40 * 20, 40 * 25

Weight - 231 lbs. (UH-OH !!!)

- Holy $HIIIT ! Over 25 sets for shoulders and traps done in less than an hour, and topped it off with some triceps. I was thoroughly impressed with my smith presses, as the weight jumped up 10 lbs since last time I did it, for the same amount of reps. The Cutler Laterals weren't too shabby ! I felt it a lot more on top of my side deltoid, closer to the trap/medial deltoid tie-in. More than what I described with my normal side dumbbell laterals. It did indeed feel like a wide-grip upright rows exercise, but it gave me a great pump still!

The incline dumbbell rear laterals are awesome, I love the feel of these ! It reminds me of marcus ruhl's many incline bench exercises, and I love how 'ginormours' I'm looking when leaning over the incline and doing these. My shoulder girdle and traps look freakishly big ! I experimented with some front barbell raises, and they felt real good ! I used a real narrow grip - hands only 3-4 inches apart - so it was ALL in my front delts ! Supersetting them with wide-grip upright rows - which felt like the Cutler laterals somewhat - made for a hellacious superset ! I almost ran out of fresh ideas as to what to do in there for shoulders, but my energy was through the DAMN rood !! Recovery between sets was bar non, I didn't even wait 60 seconds between sets when i got into my supersets ! The blood filled my delts and arms and traps like you wouldn't believe; I did feel larger than life looking in the mirror! I can refer back to my bodyweight of 231 lbs. here -> may support my looking larger-than-life theory ! haha ..

The Dumbbell Shrugs felt real good as well, and I went straight from the 125 lbs * 30 reps in to picking up the 150 lbs' and doing 30 second static holds. DAyuuummmmm, did my traps 'unfold' and roll over forwards when I let the dumbbells just hang there as if my hands were mere hooks. My traps looked overpowering ! I only did two sets of shrugs, and two static holds .. Then I did my quick tricep workout, and got out of there.

I took some pics on my cell phone, but got no USB.. That doesn't help much at all, but I'm a big dude, period .. (not meant in a cocky way, it's just retarded how I look at that gym! I 'don't belong,' if ya know what I mean ..)

PEACE !!
I got lactic acid build up in my delts from reading your workout. You're a clean 231lbs, crap. That's legit bro.

You mentioned you were looking for more innovative and creative ways to tax the delts. I got one for ya. You can do a lot of Db work on the back extension station. Does your gym have one of those back extension stations? Where you can clamp your feet at the bottom and let your body hang over a platform.

You can do Db reverse flies on the back extension station at an almost 90 degree angle; with your body absolutely parallel to the ground. This creates more concentration then an incline bench set all the way down to its last notch. I like doing the reverse flies with palms down, rather then palms neutral (palms facing each other). I feel the neutral grip recruits too much of the middle traps, rhomboids, teres major & minor, which is why i can do much greater weight with a neutral grip, then I can with a pronated (palms down). However, we all have our preferences. Clearly you know your body very well.

Second, I like to call these Supermans. Leaning over on the back extension lets you do Db or my preference Barbell front raises from a parallel to the ground position and it makes you look like Superman because your arms are extended out parallel to your torso. Standing front raises creates the greatest tension at about 90 degrees, whereas, the Superman has the greatest tension at 180 degrees. I don't think one is better then the other, but its a good way to create peak tension at a foreign angle for variation in muscle stimulation. You just have to be intentional about coming to a complete stop at the bottom and not swinging the Db's or BB too far back and creating a pendulum, momentum lift, rather then a muscle torque lift.

Third, slanted side laterals. You set your body on the back extension sideways, like your going to do oblique crunches, lean over the edge, you won't achieve parallel, but still a solid slant and do Db side laterals [knuckles out]. I call these, Are-You-Serious side laterals.

I don't necessarily consider these superior movements (although the parallel to the ground reverse flies may be debatable in favor of angle supremacy), but the latter two simply concentrate peak contraction from uncommon/new angles, and we all know variation is key in bodybuilding.

Lastly, these off angled lifts favor a lighter load then a heavier load. Heavy loads create too much tension on the erector spinae, and makes the lift unnecessary difficult, but for a lighter load and for someone your size & strength, that low back tension may not even register. I can go up to 40lbs and not have the low back tension create enough discomfort to effect my lifts.

The reverse flies feel amazing and the Supermans are great too. You can actually take the front lateral raises to a slightly hyper-extended range of motion and the tension becomes even greater.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Day #21: Early PM Cardio

Went outside for an earlier run than expected.

Ran 1 mile to soccer field for agility work.

50 yard lunges / 50 yard buttkicks (10 sec rest)
50 yard lunges / 50 yard buttkicks (10 sec rest)
50 yard reverse lunges / 50 yard knee highs (10 sec rest)
50 yard recerse lunges / 50 yard knee highs

(30 second rest, loosening up)

50 yard Sprint / 50 yard medium/low pace running (10 sec rest)
50 yard Sprint / 50 yard medium/low pace running (30 sec rest)

** repeated this sprint combination for a total of 5 sets. So a total of 500 yard sprints / 500 yard moderate/low pace running.

- 1 mile moderate/low pace run back home.

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
I got lactic acid build up in my delts from reading your workout. You're a clean 231lbs, crap. That's legit bro.

You mentioned you were looking for more innovative and creative ways to tax the delts. I got one for ya. You can do a lot of Db work on the back extension station. Does your gym have one of those back extension stations? Where you can clamp your feet at the bottom and let your body hang over the a platform.

You can do Db reverse flies on the back extension station at an almost 90 degree angle; with your body absolutely parallel to the ground. This creates more concentration then an incline bench set all the way down to its last notch. I like doing the reverse flies with palms down, rather then palms neutral (palms facing each other). I feel the neutral grip recruits too much of the middle traps, rhomboids, teres major & minor, which is why i can do much greater weight with a neutral grip, then I can with a pronated (palms down). However, we all have our preferences. Clearly you know your body very well.

Second, I like to call these Super Man's. Leaning over on the back extension lets you do Db or my preference Barbell front raises from a parallel to the ground position and it makes you look like Superman because your arms are extended out parallel to your torso. Standing front raises creates the greatest tension at about 90 degrees, whereas, the Superman has the greatest tension at 180 degrees. I don't think one is better then the other, but its a good way to create peak tension at a foreign angle for variation in muscle stimulation. You just have to be intentional about coming to a complete stop at the bottom and not swinging the Db's or BB too far back and creating a pendulum, momentum lift, rather then a muscle torque lift.

Third, slanted side laterals. You set your body on the back extension sideways, like your going to do oblique crunches, lean over the edge, you won't achieve parallel, but still a solid slant and do Db side laterals [knuckles out]. I call these, Are-You-Serious side laterals.

I don't necessarily consider these superior movements (although the parallel to the ground reverse flies may be debatable in favor of angle supremacy), but the latter two simple concentrate peak contraction from uncommon angles, and we all know variation is key in bodybuilding.

Lastly, these off angled lifts favor a lighter load then a heavier load. Heavy loads create too much tension on the erector spinae, and makes the lift unnecessary difficult, but for a lighter load and for someone your size & strength, that low back tension may not even register. I can go up to 40lbs and not have the low back tension create enough discomfort to effect my lifts.

The reverse flies feel amazing and the Supermans are great too. You can actually take the front lateral raises to a slight hyper-extended range of motion and the tension becomes even greater.
Awesome post Volcom and awesome attention to detail. Lot's of ideas and variations there that I have never seen or thought of. I really like the idea of the front laterals on the back extension station. I'm definitely going to have to give these a go this week. Thanks for taking the time to type that up. Your posts are always enlightening and tremendously helpful.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established

You mentioned you were looking for more innovative and creative ways to tax the delts. I got one for ya. You can do a lot of Db work on the back extension station. Does your gym have one of those back extension stations? Where you can clamp your feet at the bottom and let your body hang over a platform.

Second, I like to call these Supermans. Leaning over on the back extension lets you do Db or my preference Barbell front raises from a parallel to the ground position and it makes you look like Superman because your arms are extended out parallel to your torso. Standing front raises creates the greatest tension at about 90 degrees, whereas, the Superman has the greatest tension at 180 degrees. I don't think one is better then the other, but its a good way to create peak tension at a foreign angle for variation in muscle stimulation. You just have to be intentional about coming to a complete stop at the bottom and not swinging the Db's or BB too far back and creating a pendulum, momentum lift, rather then a muscle torque lift.

I don't necessarily consider these superior movements (although the parallel to the ground reverse flies may be debatable in favor of angle supremacy), but the latter two simply concentrate peak contraction from uncommon/new angles, and we all know variation is key in bodybuilding.

The reverse flies feel amazing and the Supermans are great too. You can actually take the front lateral raises to a slightly hyper-extended range of motion and the tension becomes even greater.
I really appreciate the advice ! I love the confused look of people at the gym when they see me do some 'un-orthodox' exercises at the gym ! Lol.

Definitely got a couple of those back extension stations at my gym. I'm loving the idea of using this for several shoulder DB movements, and I seriously want it to be shoulder day again ! Particularly because of the 180 degree range barbell raises (Supermans) and the leaning side laterals, I can imagine the peak contraction on those two causing some serious pain !

My favorite shoulder superset is cable upright rows superset with low cable rope front raises, where you pull the rope handle between your legs, do a front raise, and spread your hands apart on the top of the movement. It's a killer!

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Awesome post Volcom and awesome attention to detail. Lot's of ideas and variations there that I have never seen or thought of. I really like the idea of the front laterals on the back extension station. I'm definitely going to have to give these a go this week. Thanks for taking the time to type that up. Your posts are always enlightening and tremendously helpful.
I second that statement .. Awesome commitment to detail and great willingness to help !

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just glad to be part of the team. Keep this in mind fellas. The eccentric portion of the Supermans are equally if not more intense then the concentric portion of the lift because you don't have two legs that act as a stopping wall, like you do with standing front raises. Shoulders alone have to slow the movement to a complete stop, this goes for the side laterals too; no bodyparts getting in the way as a forced breaking point, it's all air and eccentric muscle torque :dance:

Now we could argue some things, but to skip the theological debates. Due to the position of your body in this lift, the eccentric torque comes more as a reflex then an intentional contraction. I could break down some psycho-neuromotor principles to explain myself, but just trust me. Now where was I :dance:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you are talking about the roman chair right?

you are making me wish I had one at home

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That and other variations of it, be THE ONE.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hmm I wonder where in my house I could fit one. I like them for abs work, hadn't really thought about them for shoulders before :)

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Day #21: (later) PM Cardio

30 minute run outside

- I took nothing but one serving on NO2 45 minutes prior to running, and chugged on 4 grams of Beta Alanine leading up to the run. I definitely felt a rise in endurance and stamina, and I wasn't sweating profusely as I normally do when I take JetFuel prior to running. I love the non-stimmed feeling of running, with nothing to drive you but your own mind and body. No caffeine or anything. I did the same 'combo' prior to my earlier running session, and my heart beat didn't go out of whack when sprinting, and it just felt a lot smoother, or more natural of an energy I was using when running. (as opposed to with caffeine and other stims.)

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
and how could I forget. Along with the oblique crunch positioned, slanted side laterals on the back extension. You can also perform a cross body reverse fly from this position, this greatly increases time under tension for the posterior delts because the ROM is 180 degrees of tension "nearly" 100% of the time through the entire ROM.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey Norwegian,

What does your no/low carb diet look like? I don't mean an actual food breakdown, but macronutrient wise. How does an average week look like, just in terms of carbs. Like 0 carbs Monday, 20g carbs Tues, 0 carbs Wed, 60g carbs thurs... etc.

I want to make sure I don't have too catabolic of a diet.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey Norwegian,

What does your no/low carb diet look like? I don't mean an actual food breakdown, but macronutrient wise. How does an average week look like, just in terms of carbs. Like 0 carbs Monday, 20g carbs Tues, 0 carbs Wed, 60g carbs thurs... etc.

I want to make sure I don't have too catabolic of a diet.
So.. I'm finding myself sitting here endulging in Shredded Wheat cereal and Kashi Go Lean mixed together. So I guess my carbs won't stop till these boxes are gone, haha.

But when I do low/no carb, the only carbs I get are the non-impact carbs from the vegetables I eat - mainly broccoli, green beans and cauliflower - plus the 1-3 grams of carbs per serving of my protein powder. Normally when I ran it like this, I'd finish off the week with a carb-load, but I think now, I'll allow myself a moderate carb intake Saturday and Sunday, then back on no/low carb on Monday through Friday again. I don't want to carb-load for this time being, I don't think, because it caused such an upset stomach and indigestion too often.

The difficult part is to get into the no-carb mood again, because now everything is a temptation once again. I've gotten the taste of carbs.. Beyond that stage, sticking to chicken, top roast, green beans, broccoli, low-fat cheese and eggs isn't much of a problem at all. Add some Tony's and pepper to the mix, and there's flavor to everything. When I was keto dieting, I only used no sodium spice blends, but now I don't worry too much about that.

Macros:
Protein - 350-400 grams/day
Fats - 110-150 grams/day (from MCT oil (50 grams), Fish Oil (10 gram), Olive oil (20+grams), eggs, steak, cheese - ~40 grams variation from using chicken each meal compared to steak)
Carbs - ~20 grams/day

Volcom: Put it this way, getting used to sticking to meats, veggies and cheese only for your diet is fairly similar to getting into the habit of everyday AM cardio sessions upon waking: starting off, it's a *****, and your head isn't in it, but you stick with it, and within a week it's as natural as anything..

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So.. I'm finding myself sitting here endulging in Shredded Wheat cereal and Kashi Go Lean mixed together. So I guess my carbs won't stop till these boxes are gone, haha.

But when I do low/no carb, the only carbs I get are the non-impact carbs from the vegetables I eat - mainly broccoli, green beans and cauliflower - plus the 1-3 grams of carbs per serving of my protein powder. Normally when I ran it like this, I'd finish off the week with a carb-load, but I think now, I'll allow myself a moderate carb intake Saturday and Sunday, then back on no/low carb on Monday through Friday again. I don't want to carb-load for this time being, I don't think, because it caused such an upset stomach and indigestion too often.

The difficult part is to get into the no-carb mood again, because now everything is a temptation once again. I've gotten the taste of carbs.. Beyond that stage, sticking to chicken, top roast, green beans, broccoli, low-fat cheese and eggs isn't much of a problem at all. Add some Tony's and pepper to the mix, and there's flavor to everything. When I was keto dieting, I only used no sodium spice blends, but now I don't worry too much about that.

Macros:
Protein - 350-400 grams/day
Fats - 110-150 grams/day (from MCT oil (50 grams), Fish Oil (10 gram), Olive oil (20+grams), eggs, steak, cheese - ~40 grams variation from using chicken each meal compared to steak)
Carbs - ~20 grams/day

Volcom: Put it this way, getting used to sticking to meats, veggies and cheese only for your diet is fairly similar to getting into the habit of everyday AM cardio sessions upon waking: starting off, it's a *****, and your head isn't in it, but you stick with it, and within a week it's as natural as anything..
Nice, I can't seem to make it past 3 days on no carbs before I feel like my workouts suck @$$, but I know for sure I'm not getting a healthy amount of fats in. My no carb days are also primarily spinach (vegetables of sorts) chickens, eggs and meats.

I didnt know what my fat intake should be, but by looking at your diet plan I was definitely no getting my fair share, which won't be a problem anymore considering 3-AD requires a 15-20g fat pre-dose, 3 times a day. That's 60g of fat from peanuts/avacados just in my dosing plan. I'll probably run some DCP to help buffer the fats.

Thanks for the breakdown, I'm sure I'll come back to it on occassion as a bookmark or reminder.

I have finals in one hour (which I'm "studying" for right now), but man, that ridiculously intensive CSCS exam has my brain on over-train status :fool2: Neuro-catabolsim bro, haha. I feel so apathetic at such a crucial time.

Thanks again for the help, I'll probably cut & paste it somewhere when I get home.

Be sure to let me (us) know how it goes if you give the back extension station a try on your next delts day. I think you and TerribleTowel will really like the Supermans and the pronated (or neutral grip) horizontal reverse flies.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I nailed my test pretty hardcore for having neuro-catabolism and I started my new thread! :woohoo:

Name two things that are more exciting then a cycle package arriving in the mail.

1. NO
2. THING

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I nailed my test pretty hardcore for having neuro-catabolism and I started my new thread! :woohoo:

Name two things that are more exciting then a cycle package arriving in the mail.

1. NO
2. THING
Props to ya, my friend !

.. and the package in the mail ?! NO THINGS are better ;)

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I got to go hit the gym now. Counting on a long, brutal session !

70 minutes ago, I consumed:
* 5 caps RPM
* 5 caps DRIVE (last of both of these)
* 1 scoop Xtend
* 1.5 grams Tyrosine
* 1.5 grams ALCAR

15 minutes ago, I consumed:
* 1.5 scoops VasoCharge (berry flavor, quite pleasant!)
* 4 grams Beta Alanine

I'm gonna charge my water with some Xtend and Beta Alanine, then go hit some chesticles !

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Day #22:

Chest/Biceps

Low Pulley Cross-overs - 50 * 30, 60 * 25, 70 * 20

Incline Hammer Press - 90 * 25, 110 * 25, 130 * 25
Incline Dumbbell Press - 50 * 30, 70 * 20, 70 * 20

Flat DB Flyes - 40 * 25, 45 * 20, 40 * 25
Decline Machine Press - 120 * 25, 130 * 25, 140 * 25

Bench Press - 135 * 12, 205 * 5, 205 * 8, 255 * 4 (+1 forced) -> threw in for some weird variation. I just wanted to shock the hell out of my muscles, going from 20-25 reps down to heavy 6-rep sets. Definitely a different kind of feel than high volume, and doesn't 'feel' as good to me as high volume does. It's just not as satisfying, because I just can't feel my muscles do all the work, my joints feel much more strained..

Pec-dec Flyes - 150 * 25, 150 * 20, 150 * 22

Push-ups - 25, 25, 25 reps
superset with
Uni-arm Machine Curls - 90 * 30, 110 * 25, 130 * 20

Seated DB Hammer Curls - 30 * 20, 30 * 30, 30 * 30

Weight - 234.6 lbs. (fcuk me!! Arrggghhh, just because I skipped my damn AM session of cardio, and eaten almost two boxes cereal in 24 hours - Kashi GoLean and Shredded Wheats.)

The workout was pretty sick, and I was looking big and veiny! A workout buddy joined in, and he's never touched by high-volume/high-intensity training before, so he got torched! LOL, I'm looking forward to seeing how he's doing tomorrow, because he followed my entire workout, and impressed the hell outta me. Most of my buds who jump in tend to burn out or give in, but he didn't do that.

We literally jumped from exercise to exercise non-stop. Just enough rest in between sets for my partner to finish, then it was my turn again. We almost ran out of ideas as to what to do, but I consider 7-8 exercises a wide variety for chest, haha. My chest was volumized from top to bottom, from the inner to the outer pec, it was pretty nuts. Definitely had people lookin' at me like I was nuts of there, and my buddy can attest to that. I looked like I'd been taking D-bol for a week or so, just lookin' BIIIIG ! (not talking from experience, but too many of my newbie friends jump straight for those 'magic pills' so I've heard and seen my share of 'blowing-up-ness.' I've definitely gained water - > I mean, $hit, 234.6 lbs ?! I am NOT staying this way. I'm getting all my carbs out of my apt today, seriously, and I've loaded up on spicy italian sausage, chicken breast, eggs, cheese, and vegetables today, so I'm ready to get this water out of me, and get them lines coming in again.

Do you guys think I'll have water retention issues with the NO2 @ 12 caps/day ?! I began the NO2 on Friday, and even with 5-6 cardio sessions over the weekend, I've put 5 lbs on, appx.

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
Damn Norwegian, another very impressive workout. Just get that diet dialed back in and that little extra water will come right off and you'll be as lean as ever. Just don't buy anymore cereal haha. That's what I've had to do lately with my natty PB. I can't resist it and since I'm cutting I've just had to completely stop buying it because I just can't help but eat a spoonful or two every time I open the fridge and see it sitting there.

Also your recovery ability is insane. 8 chest exercises! 25 sets of chest! I know your a beast and everything but damn. I'm sure your supplement arsenal doesn't hurt in that department, but you've also certainly got a gift for recovery. I envy you because I love high volume, but I can't get away with quite as much as you.

Edit: When I first saw the Incline Hammer Press, I thought it said Incline Dumbell Press, and I saw 130 x 25 and about shitted myself!

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Damn Norwegian, another very impressive workout. Just get that diet dialed back in and that little extra water will come right off and you'll be as lean as ever. Just don't buy anymore cereal haha. That's what I've had to do lately with my natty PB. I can't resist it and since I'm cutting I've just had to completely stop buying it because I just can't help but eat a spoonful or two every time I open the fridge and see it sitting there.

Also your recovery ability is insane. 8 chest exercises! 25 sets of chest! I know your a beast and everything but damn. I'm sure your supplement arsenal doesn't hurt in that department, but you've also certainly got a gift for recovery. I envy you because I love high volume, but I can't get away with quite as much as you.

Edit: When I first saw the Incline Hammer Press, I thought it said Incline Dumbell Press, and I saw 130 x 25 and about shitted myself!
Hahaha, bro, I've been in that PB-hell as well ! It's the hardest thing to stop endulging in, and you sort of 'need' it there for your low carb dieting - for those late night whey protein shakes - but it's a trap at the same time, because you'll be grabbing a fork or spoon full every time like you said !

Now I'm back to having to overlook the many tasty food items that surround me at the grocery store. It's gonna hurt my taste buds, but it's gonna keep my wallet loaded ! (compared to when buying all that non-dieting snacks and 'un-necessities' you always throw in the cart at the store) .. But no more cereal for me, and no more butter toffe crunch peanuts either ! LOL, I didn't mention those before, did I ?!

Oh, and I wish I was pumping the 130s for 25 reps on incline pressed ! Thanks for being such a believer in me ! Haha ..

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My favorite Peanut Butter meal. Wheat Eggo Waffles, toasted, spread the p-butter, top it off with some organic circle honey, money all day.

My current vice are sugar free popsicles, 3g of carbs per pop, not too bad.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh, and I wish I was pumping the 130s for 25 reps on incline pressed ! Thanks for being such a believer in me ! Haha ..
Before I read the title I thought they were Db's. I was like, what the hell kind of White Dave Henry/Johnny Jackson workout is this?!?!

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
Hahaha, bro, I've been in that PB-hell as well ! It's the hardest thing to stop endulging in, and you sort of 'need' it there for your low carb dieting - for those late night whey protein shakes - but it's a trap at the same time, because you'll be grabbing a fork or spoon full every time like you said !

Now I'm back to having to overlook the many tasty food items that surround me at the grocery store. It's gonna hurt my taste buds, but it's gonna keep my wallet loaded ! (compared to when buying all that non-dieting snacks and 'un-necessities' you always throw in the cart at the store) .. But no more cereal for me, and no more butter toffe crunch peanuts either ! LOL, I didn't mention those before, did I ?!

Good thing is, it's easier to avoid those trap foods for the few minutes your near them in the grocery store than if they're sitting on the shelf every time you open the cupboard or fridge. It's easier to stick to your diet if you don't have any cheat foods around.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Norwegian again.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My favorite Peanut Butter meal. Wheat Eggo Waffles, toasted, spread the p-butter, top it off with some organic circle honey, money all day.

My current vice are sugar free popsicles, 3g of carbs per pop, not too bad.
I gots to gets me som pop !

My vice when dieting is normally sugar-free jell-o. Even fills you up if you go beyond the average 'sweet-treat' serving size. Lol

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
PM Cardio:

40 minute walk in the park with my dog.

- How dare I call it cardio?

... because it makes ME feel better thinking I've burned a couple calories after having chowed down so much sugary cereal this evening. At least the cereal is gone, as is the PB, and no other treats in sight ! (apart from these GNC protein bars with a meager 16 grams of protein vs 35 grams of carbs .. I ought to throw these away, because the 25 grams of sugar in them (!!!!!!) will knock anyone's calories UP (not off) ! I got a 24 count box for $6, so I wasn't going to say no!)

Alright, I've got a plentiful, abundant supply of spicy italian sausage, chicken breast, eggs, veggies, and cheese, so I'm ready to go ! Starting off with an early AM cardio session tomorrow, and from then on out, I'll be expecting water to fall off of me quickly !

- Anyone think the NO2 will keep water on me?

txagemt

Awards
Workout was great bud, chest is definately feeling fuller 6 hours later. Doesnt feel to sore as of now... Ill let you know tomorrow...

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Workout was great bud, chest is definately feeling fuller 6 hours later. Doesnt feel to sore as of now... Ill let you know tomorrow...
With those high reps, DOMS will be nice tomorrow. Lucky, I love being sore.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The difference will be like night and day, bro .... ;)

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Day #23:

- I will start a new post this afternoon, I've just got to finish my early day cardio session first.

I spoke with MRI regarding the NO2 dosing and to ask them about their CE2 High Def product:
- I'm dosing at 3 caps NO2 * four times per day, as opposed to their recommendation of 5 caps twice daily. To ME, it seems like the body will be better able to absorb and fascilitate the nutrients when I don't overload the dosing each time, hence, I opted for a lower dosage spread out more evenly. Noone I spoke with there concurred with my reasoning, but a perpetual pump sounds more attainable being 're-fueled' more often than not, right ?!

- Their CE2 High Def has 1,400 mg CEE, 200mg Beta Alanine and 200mg Raspberry Ketones in it. I was surprised to see the thermogenic booster RK in there, and wondered how it would not inhibit the NO2 effects. They told me it wasn't a CNS stimulant like caffeine is, and the RK would help use fat storage as fuel. It would not decrease any NO2 effects, they said. I asked them if EGCG would counteract it, then, and they said no. Granted both of these statements are true, I was going to add my 200mg RK/300mg EGCG caps to the mix three times a day, and see myself getting closer to my mean, old, self, but I wanted to hear what you guys thought about what I was told..