Norwegian's Re-comping with the Ultimate RPM/Drive Stack [Sponsored]

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did you try explaining to your girl that there is only 2 options...a fatter you or a ripped you with some veins.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When you've got ab vascularity, you've made it in life. You're there bro. The Donald Trump of AM but with better hair.
Dude this is so true. When uve got veins in ur abs uve conquered the bb world. lol Especially at ur size broham.

Ive only had 1 lady friend really like vascularity. She loved it. Thought it was the sexiest thing alive lol.. Never met another girl like her tho :( lol

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Lol, I was working out earlier this afternoon, and I actually considered asking two girls what they thought about it .. but $hit, how am I gonna approach them ? 'Umm, excuse me, I was just wondering if you liked veiny abs and arms, and skin so tight the muscles are about to rip out of it ?' .. I couldn't bring myself to do it, just a little too strange as I didn't know either of em, ahha !

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Day #3:

First off, I gotta apologize with the updates. I've been busy as hell lately, the eternal quest for an internship for the summer. Been at the career center and job fairs all week. Oh, and last night after a job fair, my ex randomly called me and said, 'hey, can I come work out now ?!' .. She lives 100 miles away, ok ? And it's now 6PM in the evening, and she wants to come down so I can train her. It was priceless, I worked her buns, butt, hammies and everything else on her lower body ;) Helluva lot of fun, and she didn't end up leaving until midnight, so I ended up missing my workout. Oh, it was worth it !

So, today's workout.. Back Day ! (80-90 seconds in between sets)

* 4 Caps RPM 60 minutes pre-workout, along wide 3 caps Drive, and 300mg ALA.
* 4 scoops Orange Xtend w/6 grams of Beta Alanine and 30 grams of WMS. My intra-workout drink. Aaaalways !

Deadlifts - 155 * 25, 205 * 20, 255 * 20, 305 * 20
Wide-grip Pulldowns (Behind-neck) - 100 * 25, 140 * 20, 140 * 20, 140 * 20
Incline Icarian Rows - 70 * 20, 70 * 20, 70 * 20
Cable Pulldown Machine - 110 * 20, 110 *20, 110 * 20

Standing DB Shrugs (DB @ sides) - 125 * 25, 125 * 25
Standing DB Shrugs (DB in front) - 125 * 25, 125 * 30

Weight - 222 lbs.

- Holy $hit, those high-reps sucked a$$ ! By my 3rd set of deadlifts, I was aching like hell ! And the low rest time made the intensity even great, and forced me to push myself beyond the burning pain barrier. Got a great pump going after my pulldowns, and I had broadened up already. Endurance was up, stamina was up, FOCUS is back; I'm all business in the gym again - just me vs. gravity ! My final set of Deadlifts impressed me, and it improved my confidence for the remainder of the workout -> I haven't done back in almost two weeks, so I didn't know what to expect. Anyway, it's OBVIOUS that RPM and Drive was never what put me to sleep in the gym when I initially began the cycle. I had been pushing my body to the limit for 6 weeks, and never allowed myself 'enough' calories for the amount I was burning up. Dropping 25 lbs in 6 weeks was bound to come kick me in the ass, I guess !

Anyway, I'm definitely looking forward for the remainder of the cycle. I'm about to start my second bottle of Drive in a couple of days, and I've still got about 2/3s left of the RPM bottle.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
There you go bud. It did seem really odd to me that not only was RPM NOT working well for you, but it seemed almost detrimental to your program, and after I posted "RPM's the truth" I was like, there goes my street cred.

High rep deads suck salty balls, but good job man. Up in the 20 rep range with 305? did I read that right? That must be a helluva tight burn right in the Christmas Tree. High rep schemes are just pain, especially, ESPECIALLY with something as compound as Deads. Hell, high rep shrugs can be a ***** and what's that, a 2-3 inch ROM. Keep it up man, you look like you're definitely back on the wagon. Get your pillage on.

It's amazing what R&R will do for the body.

P.S. I have a new bar raising idea I'm brewing up. I won't share it until I do it, but I'm hoping I get the chance

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Day #4:

AM Cardio:

60 minutes Stairmaster; Fatburning mode; Level 8

- got a test to study up for in a couple of hours, so I will update later on.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day #4:

AM Cardio:

60 minutes Stairmaster; Fatburning mode; Level 8

- got a test to study up for in a couple of hours, so I will update later on.
level 8 for 60 min, atta boy. Keep it legit.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Day #4: PM Workout

So, today's workout.. Shoulder day ! (80-90 seconds in between sets)

* 4 Caps RPM 60 minutes pre-workout, along wide 4 caps Drive, and 300mg ALA.
* 4 scoops Orange Xtend w/6 grams of Beta Alanine and 30 grams of WMS. My intra-workout drink. Aaaalways !

Seated Side Laterals - (20 * 25) 25 * 20, 25 * 20, 30 * 20, 30 * 20
Hammer Shoulder Press - (90 * 25) 140 * 20, 140 * 20, 140 * 20, 140 * 20
Front DB Raises - 30 * 25, 35 * 20, 35 * 20
Shoulder Machine Press - 70 * 25, 80 * 20, 80 * 20
Upright Cable Rows - 100 * 25, 120 * 25, 140 * 25

Machine Shrugs - 360 * 20 reps * 5 sets

Weight - 223 lbs.

- this ridiculous volume training is making people's eyes wander at me whereever I go ! I get more pumped and vascular than I've ever seen myself. My shoulders are so rounded and capped and veiny I feel like I ought to be injecting myself with a gram of test a week .. that's what it seems like anyway ! I had a random guy come up to me today and asked me, 'man, I'm new here, just signed up, but how do I get those rounded and capped shoulders you got?' .. I didn't mind giving him 2-3 minutes of my time giving him tips and pointers, and he was very appreciative. It feels good being one of those people actually 'dare' to come up to and ask stuff, instead of acting like a complete jacka$$ and just think I'm better than anyone. My R&R and all the time spent with my ex is just making everything come together in my life. Working out, school, got a couple internship interviews for next week lined up .. Ahh, I'm feeling gooooo-hooood again ! ;)

RPM and Drive is jacking me up during my workouts, for sure ! On the 'downside,' I'm getting a couple of pimples on my forhead, so I'm assuming the Drive effects are kicking in. I'm not complaining, it's nothing I can't control ! LOVING the energy and stamina effects, too. And the good ol' Beta Alanine is doing the trick for me, too.

Ironically, I had two or three buddies of mine at the gym come up to me today, asking, 'DUDE, WHEN YOU COMPETING ?! YOU LOOK RIDICULOUS !' haha .. like I said, vascularity in arms and shoulder area is off the charts, and the pump and volume-effects I had in my entire upper body was above and beyond anything I've seen on myself before. I guess my body's enjoying the carbs I'm endulging in every now and then !

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
:bow28:
Looking solid man, keep it up. 60 minutes on the stairmaster would flat out kill me haha.
Man, I was surprised as hell ! I haven't been on the stairmaster in a week and a half, and I just decided to go for it. I was studying for a Money and Banking test I had a couple hours following my work out, so that definitely helped me lose track of time. The first time I looked down on the screen to see how much time I had left, I was 14 minutes left to go only, so I was like, HELL YEAH ! Got an awesome sweat going, too.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Day #5: AM Cardio

Stairmaster; 60 minutes; Fatburning mode @ level 8

Calories: 825

- I've got a PM weight training session coming up, but I haven't decided what I'm doing just yet. Still got about 6 hours to find out though.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day #5: AM Cardio

Stairmaster; 60 minutes; Fatburning mode @ level 8

Calories: 825

- I've got a PM weight training session coming up, but I haven't decided what I'm doing just yet. Still got about 6 hours to find out though.
You know what, I fricken love it when I see that my estimated kcals burned was anywhere above 700. Sometimes when I want to quite, my only motivation to keep pressing on is so I can see the estimated kcals burned.

You know what I started doing. When I'm reaching for a snack, even like a protein bar and the back reads 270 calories, I start to think, that's like.... 30 min on the stairmaster at level 7, F-that, where's my chicken salad?!?!

Good job Norwegian, staying consitent with the 60 min killers. Way to be dedicated.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You know what, I fricken love it when I see that my estimated kcals burned was anywhere above 700. Sometimes when I want to quite, my only motivation to keep pressing on is so I can see the estimated kcals burned.

You know what I started doing. When I'm reaching for a snack, even like a protein bar and the back reads 270 calories, I start to think, that's like.... 30 min on the stairmaster at level 7, F-that, where's my chicken salad?!?!

Good job Norwegian, staying consitent with the 60 min killers. Way to be dedicated.
Hahaha, I'm in your shoes, bro ! When I was hanging out with my ex over the weekend, we got a Tollhouse Chocolate Ice cream sandwich, and I turned it over .. 500 calories, 23 grams of Fat, and so on .. I was like, shiiiiit, NOT worth it ! So I threw away 1/3 of it after we had a couple bites each, that cleared my conscience a little bit ..

And by now it's not so much about how hard it is, because enduring the 60 minutes of Stairclimber isn't all that, I'm no longer shaking in my boots towards the end nor running out of energy. But, I get my 800 calories every time, and it's an intensity that allows me to repeat the same thing every morning without being sore as hell ! I've got to pick up on some running again, though .. Don't want to be too narrow-minded !

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Day #5: PM Workout

Biceps and partial Chest day ! (60-90 seconds in between sets)

* 4 Caps RPM 60 minutes pre-workout, along wide 4 caps Drive, and 300mg ALA.
* 4 scoops Orange Xtend w/6 grams of Beta Alanine and 30 grams of WMS. My intra-workout drink. Aaaalways !\

Dumbbell Curls - 30 * 20, 35 * 20, 35 * 20
superset with
Cross-body Hammer Curls - 30 * 25, 35 * 25, 40 * 20

Machine Preacher Curls - 80 * 25, 90 * 20, 90 * 20
Concentration Curls - 20 * 20, 20 * 20, 20 * 20
Uni-arm Machine Curls - 90 * 15, 90 * 15, 90 * 15

Pec-dec Flyes - 100 * 25, 150 * 20, 150 * 20, 150 * 20
Incline DB Press - 50 * 25, 60 * 20, 70 * 20, 75 * 20

Weight - 223 lbs.

- SICK, sick, sick pump ! This high-volume training I'm doing is blowing me up like a high school student on Deca and D-bol (.. among the many worrisome stories I've heard about 'younglins' on juice, hahaha). Seriously, I look 6-8 lbs heavier since I got back in the gym. Veins are nasty indeed, and my muscle bellies are filling in. I didn't plan on it being a full chest day to begin with, but I knew I was going to do a couple sets, sort of like a touch-up kind of deal. But I haven't done biceps in about 2 weeks or so, so I knew I was gonna focus a whole lot of energy and stamina on to that arm training, and leave the gym with an awesome chest pump. My pecs were full and round following my workout, VERY volumized, indeed. This whole workout took me an hour to complete, so intensity was awesome ! This session was also only five hours following my 60 minute Stairmaster session, so it's safe to say my body has rested and recovered from my little incident a week and a half ago, that resulted in a week out of the gym.

Loving the RPM, by the way, and Drive (?) is still giving me a couple more pimples, on my shoulders this time. So I'm hitting that tanning booth every day for 10 minutes if I have the time. I find it always helps me keep my skin clear, knock on wood ..

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
super-sets in the 20 rep range.... gooooddaang that's gotta hurt!

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
Nice job Norweigan. Sounds like your liking those high reps. I've never gone quite that high before. I can't imagine doing sets of 20 on deadlifts. Also glad to see your back in full swing and giving it 150% again. Keep kicking ass man and I want to see some pics.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Day #6:

No AM cardio this morning, because I had to head down to Houston at 7AM to take a Norwegian Exam at the Embassey .. Fun stuff, indeed, spent a solid 6 hours writing assignments, short answers, and the likes, and all in NORWEGIAN ! I moved here 7 years ago, and I haven't spoken Norwegian since I visited the family over Christmas break, so I do by NO means think in Norwegian any longer. It was tedious, indeed. I didn't get back home until 8PM and by then all the gyms around here are CLOSED on a Saturday night. Pretty pathetic, as I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who doesn't go get drunk at Northgate every weekend (the 'bar-street' here in CS).

I knew I had to do something, so I popped 2 RPM alongside of 2 caps Boiling Point (I got me a sample packet in Houston). 30 minutes later I had a whey protein shake with some Beta Alanine, and I was gonna hit some heavy rep/intensity legs at the apartment complex 'gym.' 45 minutes after RPM/BP consumption, I was WARM. Then I got warmer, and sweated a little bit. Felt like a furnace, and it was the kind of warm sensation I haven't felt in a LONG time ! At the 1 hour mark, I started my leg training, and within two sets, I was dripping from sweat ! It was in a matter of 3-4 minutes, I swear !

(45-60 seconds in between sets)

Machine Leg Press - 4 * 25 reps

Stiff-leg Dumbbell Deadlifts - 4 * 50 lbs * 25 reps
superset with
One-legged Calf Raises - 25, 25, 25, 25 reps

Leg Extensions - 100 * 25, 120 * 25, 140 * 25, 150 * 25

Rope Crunches - 25 reps * 4 sets

- Like I said, it was a short and sweet kind of deal. 30-35 minutes total, but I was SOAKED like I haven't been in a long time. My legs got a helluva pump from the high-rep extensions, and I had some nice veins (not according to the ex, however, lol) running down my quads. I kind of consider today nothing but a quick cardio session, because that's sort of how I felt it.

Tomorrow, I'm hoping to start my day off early again. Got exams coming up, so I'm hoping to get up to a fresh start with cardio every morning, regardless, for the next couple of weeks. I got a feeling it'll help me think clearly, as well as easy any potential stress. (Oh hell yes, I'll be stressing about the finals!)

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nice job Norweigan. Sounds like your liking those high reps. I've never gone quite that high before. I can't imagine doing sets of 20 on deadlifts. Also glad to see your back in full swing and giving it 150% again. Keep kicking ass man and I want to see some pics.
I appreciate the encouragement, bro ! Thanks !

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Day #7: AM Cardio

Had my 3 caps Drive with a whey protein shake and 15 grams of MCT oil. Then I had 3 caps JetFuel with 2 caps AMP twenty minutes after. I felt bad from not doing cardio yesterday, and I had two 6-inch subway sandwiches and spent my day sitting on my ass taking a test, so I knew I had to make the most out of my morning cardio session this morning.

15 minutes pre-cardio: began sipping on 2 scoops Xtend w/5 grams of Beta Alanine.

Cardio:
Stairmaster; 60 minutes; Fat burning mode, level 8

- it was definitely hard to get going, just cus I stayed up til 2 am, and slept for a whole 8 hours. That's too much for me, to be honest. My legs were semi-sore from legs last night, so getting in to the zone was kind of a ***** ! I read Trump Nation for the first 40 minutes on the stairs, but after 20 minutes, I was beginning to drench the pages of my book, and at the 40-minute mark, I had to focus my attention on the cardio part only.

You know, I don't see how people can study or read magazines or anything during cardio. I find myself having to look straight ahead, or down on an angle, and just focus on every damn step, and just listen to my beats. It's easier for me to get in to the zone like that ..

Anyway, I got my 825 calories done for the day. Now I'm gonna enjoy some eggs, green beans and top sirloin a couple times before hitting the gym this evening. I think tonight is back and traps again ..

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Day #7: PM Workout

Wide-grip Palms-in Pulldowns - (100 * 25) 140 * 20, 150 * 20, 160 * 20, 170 * 20
Yates Barbell Rows - (135 * 25) 185 * 20, 205 * 20, 205 * 20, 205 * 20
Uni-arm Hammer Pulldowns - (45 * 25) 70 * 20, 80 * 20, 90 * 20, 90 * 20
Icarian T-bar Rows - 70 * 20, 70 * 20, 70 * 20, 70 * 20

Standing Dumbbell Shrugs - 125 * 30 reps * 4 sets

Weight - 225 lbs.

- Loving the volume training for sure ! I got to be careful with something, though, because I'm 3 lbs heavier today then on Friday, and I had a 60-minute cardio session this morning, and refrained from carbs until my pre-workout meal. However, I'm looking much more volumized, with significantly thicker muscle bellies. Looking bigger, overall, as a matter of fact ! And who's confidence doesn't naturally heighten when you see yourself bigger ?! Ahhh, lovin' the days at the gym nowadays !

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Standing Dumbbell Shrugs - 125 * 30 reps * 4 sets
You read my mind, I actually addressed you in my log regarding 30 reps with 125lbs Db's, but you did them straight through which is much more impressive. I had to do them 10 secs rest-pause style.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hahaha, bro, that's once again bizarre ! I hadn't gotten to check out your update for yesterday until now that you mentioned that. Hilarious ! Great minds think alike ..

And yes, those high-repped shrugs felt gooood today; jacked me beyond belief ! This one guy standing over by the dumbbells caught me in between one of my shrug sets and said, 'dude, you need a bigger shirt, you're popping outta that one!' LOL

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Day #8:

AM Cardio:

30 minute run outdoors; 10 * 100 meters sprints @ 75% w/10 seconds rest between every other sprint.

PM Workout:

Hammer Shoulder Press - (90 * 25) 140 * 25, 160 * 20, 160 * 20, 140 * 20
Wide-grip Upright Rows - 70 * 20, 70 * 20, 70 * 20
Seated Side Laterals - 25 * 20, 25 * 20, 25 * 20
Incline Rear DB Laterals - 40 * 20, 40 * 20, 40 * 20
Front Dumbbell Raises - 35 * 20, 35 * 20

Machine Dips - 210 * 25, 270 * 20, 295 (Stack) * 20
V-grip Pressdowns - 80 * 20, 80 * 20, 80 * 20
One-arm DB Overhead Extensions - 22.5 * 25, 25 * 20, 25 * 20

Weight - 227.4 lbs. (hmm .. perhaps my pre-workout carbs putting some water on me, and I don't think a full serving of Cytogainer immidiately following my PM workout is very beneficial to staying in the 221-223 lbs range. LOL)

- I'm looking BIG and FULL ! Stomach isn't as lean as a week and a half ago, but oh well for now .. Got a feeling my girl will like that, actually ! haha .. but then again, I got a feeling she will complain at the size of my arms and traps, and the width of my back and shoulders .. I mean, not too cut, not too vascular, yet not too big; some criterias I've got to meet ! :stick:

It's a little strange, though, I keep my carbs non-existant from waking to my pre-workout meal. I have 1.5-2 cups of Kashi GoLean cereal with 1 cup milk 90 minutes pre-workout. Intra-workout I've got 30 grams of carbs from WMS. Post-workout I've got 4 scoops Cytogainer with 10 oz. milk and 6 oz. water. Definitely added some water, even though I'm doing morning cardio every day. This week will be a little off with the morning cardio, I'm afraid. I've got a couple internship interviews this week, one of which is tomorrow, and finals begin on Friday morning. I've got a busy 8 days ahead of me, and I've got to masterfully combine interviews, studying, training, eating, and seeing my girl.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've got a busy 8 days ahead of me, and I've got to masterfully combine interviews, studying, training, eating, and seeing my girl.
I'm at the university computer lab working on a finals project which is due next Monday as we speak.

I just finished one for another class earlier, and I just got official with a girl on Saturday. All this to say, I know your struggle bro.

Way to mix up your cardio today. Slow oxidative & fast oxidative glycolytic variations. You can't beat that. Next time you see another one of those HIIT vs Traditonal Cardio threads (which I see popping up all the time), you can drop in and say, DO BOTH AT THE SAMETIME, try to argue with that one! Then rear lat spread at your computer screen for added in your face effect.

Good job today.

This is my ultra busy juggling act week too, it's weird how often our activities coincide, wtf.

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
I feel your pain boys. I had my first final this morning in my solid mechanics class. Spent every moment for the last week trying to prepare for it and thankfully I think I did pretty good. So now just one more week and three more exams to go and I'm free until next semester. So hang in there boys, we're all in this together.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm looking BIG and FULL ! Stomach isn't as lean as a week and a half ago, but oh well for now .. Got a feeling my girl will like that, actually ! haha .. but then again, I got a feeling she will complain at the size of my arms and traps, and the width of my back and shoulders .. I mean, not too cut, not too vascular, yet not too big; some criterias I've got to meet !
Never mind what she thinks, LOL. If you're ok with how you're looking (or getting), then who cares what anyone else thinks? You should be doing it for yourself anyways, since you're never going to make everyone else happy...

I've got a couple internship interviews this week, one of which is tomorrow, and finals begin on Friday morning. I've got a busy 8 days ahead of me, and I've got to masterfully combine interviews, studying, training, eating, and seeing my girl.
I feel your pain. Training, studying, working, and making time for relaxing and spending time with the people you care about can be taxing at best. Good luck, though, babe.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Well it looks like you have all the support on being to vascular that you need. I'lll be doing the studying thing as well exams next week.

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
good luck. I've been waiting to do this stack. My routine is similar to yours. very hard to get off of it. I love supersets and killin one bodypart a day.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks, I appreciate all the support and encouragement !

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your 125lbs Db shrugs for 30 reps straight through inspired me, so today I went nuts on the traps.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Your 125lbs Db shrugs for 30 reps straight through inspired me, so today I went nuts on the traps.
Hahaha, good to hear, bro ! You always strive to do better when you make yourself compete with others !

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Norwegian... whats the current opinion? Working for you?... detrimental?

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Norwegian... whats the current opinion? Working for you?... detrimental?
I swallowed my pride last Monday, and admitted that my overtraining was what killed my endurance, stamina, strength and focus. RPM has been working very well since I re-started my stack, and 3-4 caps pre-workout seems to do the trick every time. Today, f.x, was biceps only, so I did 3 caps, and it was all I needed. I didn't WANT to leave the gym today, but more than 15 sets * 20 + reps of biceps is overdoing it, I'd say.

As for the Drive .. I can't say I've noticed any increased aggression, sex drive or the likes. I had some pimples appearing beginning of last week, but that was most likely due to a slight increase in estrogen due to drinking twice the weekend before last, and I didn't hit up the tanning bed for 6 days straight. As for testosterone related effects, I can't say much about it. But I'll make sure to avoid the pre-workout dosage of 3-4 caps Drive prior to my next workout, and do RPM only. I'm interested in seeing whether my workout intensity and endurance will decrease as a result of no Drive pre-workout..

All in all, loving the RPM, but can't really accredit the Drive for much at this time being.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Day #9:

No AM cardio, unfortunately, had a 2 hour calculus review this morning, followed by a 2 hour long interview.

Took 3 caps RPM 60 minutes pre-workout. Headed in for biceps only today, as I've really fallen for the PUMP again !

Barbell Curls - 85 * 20, 85 * 20, 85 * 21, 85 * 21
Twisting Two-arm DB Preacher Curls - 25 * 20, 25 * 20, 25 * 20, 25 * 20
Rope Hammer Curls - 100 * 20, 100 * 20, 100 * 20, 100 * 25
Uni-arm Machine Curls - 90 * 20, 90 * 20, 90 * 20

Weight - 227 lbs.

- Great pumps, energy, stamina, focus, increased vascularity. Could really tell that my biceps are taking a round, full shape now. As usual, when I initially gain weight, I add some waterweight to my stomach/waist area, but my arms always stay defined and lean as hell. What screws with my head is when I feel bloated in the evening following my daily carbs (at times I feel chubby almost, damn carbs!), and then I wake up in the morning, and I'm back to looking lean and good, and much tighter. (although, I admit, not as lean as two weeks ago..) When I was doing my seated uni-arm machine curls, I literally saw every vein in my shoulder, bicep, forarm .. inner bicep, outer bicep, trap .. it was nasty, and a couple of my buddy's were commenting on it. Obviously, buddies comment on how 'fcukin' cool' it was, whereas I bet every girl up there wanted to gag. You know that look the little girls at the gym give one another when they see someone big or veiny .. FINE, I'm no Marcus Ruhl at the super-market, but still ! hahaha ..

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Day #10: Off

Day #11: AM Cardio

Stationary Bike; Level 5; 60 minutes; 815 calories

- sat there with a bunch of Business Law notes, so time pretty much flew by. Hating these exam-preparations, as the studying material seems to go with me whereever the hell I go. I'm stressing big-time about the end of the semester as usual, and I haven't even began the exams -> until tomorrow morning.. Definitely hoping for an impressive all-out work out this evening; the idea is to do chest, abs, and perhaps some hamstring or calf work. Will be back later.

Pre-cardio today, I took 3 caps AMP and 2 caps JetFuel. I'm running low on the RPM, so I'm gonna save those babies for pre-workouts only. As usual, I'm doing 3 caps Drive in the AM, and another 3-4 caps alongside my 3-4 caps RPM about one hour pre-workout.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Day #11: PM Workout

Chest:

Incline DB Flyes (palms facing ahead) - (30 * 25) 40 * 25, 45 * 20, 50 * 20, 50 * 20
Wide-grip Hammer Press - 140 * 25, 160 * 20, 160 * 20, 160 * 20
Pec-dec Flyes - 150 * 25, 170 * 20, 170 * 20, 170 * 20
Incline DB Press - 70 * 20, 70 * 18 (changed exercise due to too much strain on my bud's wrist)
Incline Machine Press - 110 * 25, 110 * 25, 110 * 28

Weight - 226 lbs.

I originally planned on doing chest, hams and abs, but as I began my workout, I ran in to an old workout buddy of mine (one of the two I trained with for the first 6 weeks of the semester). I had not seen or spoken to him in almost 2 months, and he told me it was his first day back in the gym after a long lay-off as a result of a broken right wrist, so I told him to join my workout. Normally, I fuel my own fire in my workout, sitting there in my own little world, but he did not have an ipod even, AND it was his first day back, so there was a little too much conversing.. No problem, though, my mind was more concerned with my different classes at this time being, so I don't think I would've done hams and abs had he not been there either.

All in all, a good work out, got a great upper body pump, and hopefully fried my pecs enough to broaden out a little bit.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day #11: PM Workout

Chest:

Incline DB Flyes (palms facing ahead) - (30 * 25) 40 * 25, 45 * 20, 50 * 20, 50 * 20
Wide-grip Hammer Press - 140 * 25, 160 * 20, 160 * 20, 160 * 20
Pec-dec Flyes - 150 * 25, 170 * 20, 170 * 20, 170 * 20
Incline DB Press - 70 * 20, 70 * 18 (changed exercise due to too much strain on my bud's wrist)
Incline Machine Press - 110 * 25, 110 * 25, 110 * 28

Weight - 226 lbs.

I originally planned on doing chest, hams and abs, but as I began my workout, I ran in to an old workout buddy of mine (one of the two I trained with for the first 6 weeks of the semester). I had not seen or spoken to him in almost 2 months, and he told me it was his first day back in the gym after a long lay-off as a result of a broken right wrist, so I told him to join my workout. Normally, I fuel my own fire in my workout, sitting there in my own little world, but he did not have an ipod even, AND it was his first day back, so there was a little too much conversing.. No problem, though, my mind was more concerned with my different classes at this time being, so I don't think I would've done hams and abs had he not been there either.

All in all, a good work out, got a great upper body pump, and hopefully fried my pecs enough to broaden out a little bit.
Hey Norwegian, what kind of physiological changes are you noticing with this uber-high rep scheme? I've always questioned my bodies ability to appropriately hypertrophy when my reps are that high because the weight isn't high enough, but you seem to love it. Apart from just the pump, have you noticed any adaption(s) going on? Changes in muscle size or shape. And can you tell if the changes are adaption(s) to your volume scheme and not depth created by diet & cardio?

I've done the 15-8 rep, traditional hypertrophy routine and I do respond just as I should to it, but I'm always open to give something different (for me) a shot if other respectable people have had success with it.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Hey Norwegian, what kind of physiological changes are you noticing with this uber-high rep scheme? I've always questioned my bodies ability to appropriately hypertrophy when my reps are that high because the weight isn't high enough, but you seem to love it. Apart from just the pump, have you noticed any adaption(s) going on? Changes in muscle size or shape. And can you tell if the changes are adaption(s) to your volume scheme and not depth created by diet & cardio?

I've done the 15-8 rep, traditional hypertrophy routine and I do respond just as I should to it, but I'm always open to give something different (for me) a shot if other respectable people have had success with it.
Imo it works well I actually had great sucess with it about a year ago (maybe a lil less) anyhow... I'd take advantage of it on cycle...Have you ever sen how many reps the pros are doing? I really havent seen them doing sets of 5.. there more like 12-15 (especially victor and ronnie).. Anyhow best of luck Volcom!:thumbsup:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Imo it works well I actually had great sucess with it about a year ago (maybe a lil less) anyhow... I'd take advantage of it on cycle...Have you ever sen how many reps the pros are doing? I really havent seen them doing sets of 5.. there more like 12-15 (especially victor and ronnie).. Anyhow best of luck Volcom!:thumbsup:
Yeah, pro's do love those high reps. I know ronnie used to hit the 25-20 rep range pre contest, but they have hot sauce in their veins, and if they even trip over a dumb bell, something effective would happen.

5 rep range is primarily for strength and the only pro I know who takes the ranges as low as 3 reps was Lee Priest. He would often perform curls as low as 3-4 reps.

I guess Ronnie likes those 5 rep super squats, but in general the pro's do keep it 10-15 reps and higher. I just don't like the arguement of "the pump" because you can get a great pump with 100 reps using 20lbs Db's. I'm curious about the hypertrophic adaption(s) us non-hot sauce mortals can make with such a high rep scheme. I liked the ultra high rep shrugs I did with the Db's and I looked like a trap monster when I was done, but I've not tested that high of a rep scheme for anything else.

Last edited:
boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
I'm curious about the hypertrophic adaption(s) us non-hot sauce mortals and make with such a high rep scheme. I liked the ultra hgh rep shrugs I did with the Db's and I looked like a trap monster when I was done, but I've not tested that high of a rep scheme for anything else.

The time has come..Or at least in the near future.... Why not give it a shot while on cycle?:cheers:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The time has come..Or at least in the near future.... Why not give it a shot while on cycle?:cheers:
I'll give it a go in a month or sooner. I want to wait until my body is done adapting to my strength routine, then I'll go back to a more hypertrophic volume scheme. I want to get more perspective on it before I implement the 20+ rep routine for hypertrophic purposes.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
I'll give it a go in a month or sooner. I want to wait until my body is done adapting to my strength routine, then I'll go back to a more hypertrophic volume scheme. I want to get more perspective on it before I implement the 20+ rep routine for hypertrophic purposes.
Keep me updated.... Feel free to shoot a PM my way (when you begin) def interested into what gains YOU personally do or do not achieve! Best of luck!

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
Same interest here Norwegian. Every time I try the 15 rep workout. I don't feel full in my muscles ever. Just tight and huge amounts of lactic acid, which sometimes henders the rest of my workout. never notice much of a change in my muscles, maybe it's because I have a little more BF% than you. around 14 -15%. So I stay in the 8-10 rep range. now I'm on my 5-4 rep range routine and I feel tight and huge after just my second set.
keep it up man.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Volcom, thus far, it seems my muscles are shaping up better. My triceps have gotten a deeper etched and taken on a much better shape, and my bicep brachii is more pronounced; stands out much more when I do a side chest pose. My biceps have gotten 'wider' when flexing them - the peak is broader - and the many inner bicep veins are much more apparent as a result of the bicep growth I feel like I've had. I feel like my shoulders have responded in the same manner as my triceps; the high volume has given me better lines and and much better definition while hanging on to the size. Yesterday when I did a side chest pose, I saw - for the first time ever - the front delt stick out of my 'upper/outer chest' as the lump-looking muscle it is (let's be honest, it doesn't always look like the front delt 'belongs' there on some bodybuilders..). My back may have gotten a little broader, but mainly more defined as a result of the high-volume training. I see a better separation in my rear laterals/upper back area as well. I've been doing calves, too, although not reporting on it, and I've got a very nice diamond shape to them - although I've got high insertion calves - but could've beefed them up some more.

I will go back to more calf focusing as school gets over with, because nowadays I won't waste too much time and energy switching things up in the gym nor outside of the gym. My lower pecs have gotten a little wider - I can tell because my nipples aren't located on the lower corner of my pecs as much as they used to be - if that makes sense ? There's more width on the outside of my nipples before the pec curves upward .. My traps and neck have also responded very well to my high-rep sets, and neck has broadened up, while traps stick up more and look thicker and denser. Got to admit I'm not stoked about my neck growing, but that comes with the territory of doing lots of shoulder, back and trap work.

I bet I would've been more cut had I been on NO carbs, period, but with my busy schedule and stressful situations (hello catabolism) I allow myself carbs when I feel I need them or when I don't have time to waste cooking a meal/dinner. I'm enjoying the hell out of 2 cups Kashi GoLean cereal pre-workout and then a full serving of Cytogainer following my workout, but also find myself with an orange here, some peanuts there, and snacking on some more cereal as the sugar cravings come at night.

Hope this answered your question ..

On the other hand, I've got 4-5 X 120 count NO2 Platinum (by MRI) coming in middle of next week. I was the 'poster-boy' of NO2 back in high school at my local GNC store, because I responded VERY well to it. The manager at that GNC store would ask any teenager who came in and asked what to take if they knew 'the Norwegian at such and such school..' because NO2 was what got him big. Haha, priceless.. Anyway, I haven't tried MRI's version in 4 years, and I'll be running it at 12 caps/day for 40-50 days, so I'm stoked to say the least!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Volcom, thus far, it seems my muscles are shaping up better. My triceps have gotten a deeper etched and taken on a much better shape, and my bicep brachii is more pronounced; stands out much more when I do a side chest pose. My biceps have gotten 'wider' when flexing them - the peak is broader - and the many inner bicep veins are much more apparent as a result of the bicep growth I feel like I've had. I feel like my shoulders have responded in the same manner as my triceps; the high volume has given me better lines and and much better definition while hanging on to the size. Yesterday when I did a side chest pose, I saw - for the first time ever - the front delt stick out of my 'upper/outer chest' as the lump-looking muscle it is (let's be honest, it doesn't always look like the front delt 'belongs' there on some bodybuilders..). My back may have gotten a little broader, but mainly more defined as a result of the high-volume training. I see a better separation in my rear laterals/upper back area as well. I've been doing calves, too, although not reporting on it, and I've got a very nice diamond shape to them - although I've got high insertion calves - but could've beefed them up some more.

I will go back to more calf focusing as school gets over with, because nowadays I won't waste too much time and energy switching things up in the gym nor outside of the gym. My lower pecs have gotten a little wider - I can tell because my nipples aren't located on the lower corner of my pecs as much as they used to be - if that makes sense ? There's more width on the outside of my nipples before the pec curves upward .. My traps and neck have also responded very well to my high-rep sets, and neck has broadened up, while traps stick up more and look thicker and denser. Got to admit I'm not stoked about my neck growing, but that comes with the territory of doing lots of shoulder, back and trap work.

I bet I would've been more cut had I been on NO carbs, period, but with my busy schedule and stressful situations (hello catabolism) I allow myself carbs when I feel I need them or when I don't have time to waste cooking a meal/dinner. I'm enjoying the hell out of 2 cups Kashi GoLean cereal pre-workout and then a full serving of Cytogainer following my workout, but also find myself with an orange here, some peanuts there, and snacking on some more cereal as the sugar cravings come at night.

Hope this answered your question ..

On the other hand, I've got 4-5 X 120 count NO2 Platinum (by MRI) coming in middle of next week. I was the 'poster-boy' of NO2 back in high school at my local GNC store, because I responded VERY well to it. The manager at that GNC store would ask any teenager who came in and asked what to take if they knew 'the Norwegian at such and such school..' because NO2 was what got him big. Haha, priceless.. Anyway, I haven't tried MRI's version in 4 years, and I'll be running it at 12 caps/day for 40-50 days, so I'm stoked to say the least!
thanks for the lengthy and descriptive reply. Regarding the front delt looking like it's part of the upper chest, I TOTALLY know what you're talking about. Who displays that look more prominently then Dennis Wolf's most muscular. I swear it looks like his traps come up, over his neck and inserts at his upper chest in some of his most muscular shots.

I may have to give the extravagantly high rep scheme a try once I lean down more. I don't think the added striation or vascularity would be helpful in my situation unless I was lean enough for them to be prominently visible. The added contour you're experience is something I could benefit from. I start to meditate on that more seriously. Thanks for the feedback.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Day #12: PM Workout

Back/Traps:

- first off, you'll probably think I'm full of it with the amount of weight and reps I did today, but each to his own. I'm accurately recording the weights and repetitions performed, no BS.

Wide-grip Pulldowns - 140 * 25, 160 * 25, 180 * 25, 200 * 20, 220 * 20
Yates Barbell Rows - (135 * 30) 185 * 25, 205 * 25, 205 * 25, 225 * 25

One-arm Vince Taylor Pulldowns - 45 * 25, 45 * 25, 45 * 30 reps
supersetted NON-stop with
Icarian T-bar Rows - 70 * 20, 70 * 20, 70 * 20

Standing Dumbbell Shrugs - 125 * 40, 125 * 30, 125 * 35

Machine Calf Raises - 150 * 25 reps * 4 sets
Seated Calf Raises - 90 * 20-25 reps * 4 sets

Weight - 223.8 lbs.

- I'm looking like a damn OAK ! My upper body is drastically wider than just a week ago. When I roll up the sleeves on my t-shirt to shoulder level, I'm displaying broad, capped shoulders with veins running vertically and horizontally. Arms are defined as hell, and my biceps are looking bigger and fuller than ever. My traps looked so jacked under my t-shirt that they actually looked out of place, and my pecs have gotten a more square look - as previously mentioned - which I'm really liking. My traps and neck are big and broad, almost too broad for my liking. Too big of a neck don't look too good under a professional attire - button down shirt and khaki pants - so I've got to chill out on that. Stomach is not as lean as before, but dayyyuuummmm, from my chest and up to my shoulders, arms, and back-width, it still doesn't look shabby at all !

Definitely liking my -3.5 lbs drop since weigh-in yesterday, as it makes me feel 'skinnier.' HAHAHA, right ! Now I'm enjoying the hell out of a Cytogainer shake, and I'll most likely endulge in some kind of carbohydrate source this evening, as I'm feeling quite deserving of it after a week of agony with studying, training, and just stressing out about the former.

My days at the gym haven't been this good since.. M-drol/H-drol last semester, and I $hit you not ! ;)

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Back/Traps:

- first off, you'll probably think I'm full of it with the amount of weight and reps I did today, but each to his own. I'm accurately recording the weights and repetitions performed, no BS.

Weight - 223.8 lbs.

- I'm looking like a damn OAK ! My upper body is drastically wider than just a week ago. When I roll up the sleeves on my t-shirt to shoulder level, I'm displaying broad, capped shoulders with veins running vertically and horizontally. Arms are defined as hell, and my biceps are looking bigger and fuller than ever. My traps looked so jacked under my t-shirt that they actually looked out of place, and my pecs have gotten a more square look - as previously mentioned - which I'm really liking. My traps and neck are big and broad, almost too broad for my liking. Too big of a neck don't look too good under a professional attire - button down shirt and khaki pants - so I've got to chill out on that. Stomach is not as lean as before, but dayyyuuummmm, from my chest and up to my shoulders, arms, and back-width, it still doesn't look shabby at all !

Definitely liking my -3.5 lbs drop since weigh-in yesterday, as it makes me feel 'skinnier.' HAHAHA, right ! Now I'm enjoying the hell out of a Cytogainer shake, and I'll most likely endulge in some kind of carbohydrate source this evening, as I'm feeling quite deserving of it after a week of agony with studying, training, and just stressing out about the former.

My days at the gym haven't been this good since.. M-drol/H-drol last semester, and I $hit you not ! ;)
Your reps are psychotic, but the physiological results you're reporting are really selling me on them.

Looks like we both hit a personal best at the gym today. Why am I not surprised. It's freaky how coincidental our schedules relate sometimes.
Keep it up bro. You're the only log I've ever read where I took this outlandishly voluminous repitition training seriously, and serious enough to consider impleneting it into my own program. I normally don't care for people who simply chase "the pump" and manage insufficent weight for an irrelevently high number of reps, but maybe the secret is to use weight you're suppose to push for 12-15 reps and make 20 reps happen. I kind of like that, under that principle, there would be a lot of micrtauama going on, thus, some serious hypertrophy.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established

Back/Traps:

Weight - 223.8 lbs.

Damn dude that's a insane workout, I might try the high rep range like that sometime soon..

Reading this just got me pumped about going to my shoulders/traps workout here in a little bit!

Great log man.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Your a fukcing beast Norwegian!!!!!!!!!!!! Killing those high reps. 125 db shrugs for 40reps.Holy sh1t man your a animal!!!!!

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
the shrugs would hurt my forearms more than my shoulders. double wrap me please. Dude, I didn't think that just off a Drive/RPM stack and a change of routine would have such the visual effects you are describing. I'm impressed norwegian. Keep it up bro.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Day #13: OFF

Day #14: Shoulders/Traps (uh oh, once again with the traps!)

Smith Front Press - (95 * 30) 135 * 25, 135 * 25, 135 * 21, 135 * 21
Seated Side Laterals - 30 * 25, 30 * 25, 30 * 25, 30 * 25
Reverse Pec-dec Flyes (palms facing down) - 145 * 25, 160 * 25, 175 * 25, 190 * 20

Dumbbell Shrugs - 150 * 30, 150 * 25, 150 * 25
superset with
Front Plate Raises - 45 * 20, 45 * 20, 45 * 25 reps

Weight - 228 lbs.

- Had a wicked workout, and I find myself 'horny' for increasing the volume even further! The four sets of 30 lbs dumbbell side laterals for 25 reps each were painful as hell (in a good way), but I managed to get every rep of every set in. The last couple reps of the last two sets, I had to roll my shoulders forward for a couple seconds and pause (while not letting go of the dumbbells) to gather myself for the final five reps, but I was determined to break my past records on them, as I did. Front Smith Press was a nice substitute for the Hammer Presses, and I burned the hell out of my front delts and upper chest (obviously..). Reverse Pec-decs with a different grip than usual (palms DOWN as opposed to pointing out and away from one another) were awesome, and I was doing them on a pec-dec right next to a mirror, and seeing my rear delt go to work like it did, and seeing every contraction and the gradual build-up of blood filling the muscle was awesome. It made me keep going and going ... and going ... Without hesitation, I grabbed the 150 lbs for my shrugs, no warm up or anything, and busted out some severely high reps. I don't squeeze on the peak contraction apart from the final couple reps of each set, so it's a smooth up and down motion to burn and pump the hell out of them. I was once again victorious in that department.

I continue to pimp the RPM/Drive stack. I had a buddy of mine at the gym come ask me what my ultimate recommendation would be (following my crushing his idea of running Anavar), and I told him to go for the RPM/Drive stack, and go check out this log for proof.

I'm only doing 3 caps X twice daily of Drive, and 3 caps RPM pre-workout. I'm running low on the RPM, and I'm wanting this fun to keep going as long as I can.

My weight gain is a result of some indigestion from the weekend, once again.. Plus, it's been a couple days since I had the chance to do cardio, something I will pick up on tomorrow again, hopefully. Tomorrow will most likely be nothing but cardio, as I've got to 'lean up' - lose a little water - for an internship interview I've got following my Tuesday final exam. Anyway, I've got to stop ranting, and hit the books.

PEACE !