Nootropics to help with temporary sleep deprivation

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We just had our second child last week and sleep seems to be in short supply right now. Besides rhodiola (which I just ordered more of) what supplements/nootropics help with functioning (experiencing tiredness, forgetfulness/brain fog, etc) during the daytime? I realize nothing replaces sleep...just looking for temporary help until he sleeps better through the night.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Tianeptine has helped me, but it's also more of a drug than a nootropic, although I classify it as both. You actually might be interested in modafanil or adrafanil.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tianeptine has helped me, but it's also more of a drug than a nootropic, although I classify it as both. You actually might be interested in modafanil or adrafanil.
I have been thinking about giving modafinil a try. I wonder what effect it might have on someone with anxiety issues though.

Have you tried stacking tianeptine with rhodiola?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have been thinking about giving modafinil a try. I wonder what effect it might have on someone with anxiety issues though.

Have you tried stacking tianeptine with rhodiola?
Modafinil should be fine for people with anxiety because it doesn't effect the peripheral nervous system Almost like taking a stimulant alongside a beta blocker.

I might've unknowingly tried the combo. I think one of my adrenal supplements has rhodiola. Will have to check

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Modafinil should be fine for people with anxiety because it doesn't effect the peripheral nervous system Almost like taking a stimulant alongside a beta blocker.

I might've unknowingly tried the combo. I think one of my adrenal supplements has rhodiola. Will have to check
That sounds good. Where do you get yours from?

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
View attachment 141267

Yeah it's got Rhodiola 8% in there
Isn't that the BPS adaptogen product (thought I saw that label somewhere in the past)? What do you think about it? I've always just stuck to one or two adaptogens at a time. The only combination product I tried was the adrenal health one by Gaia and it was way too sedating.

Also, it appears I shouldn't have tried to save money by buying the Now rhodiola (instead of the Gaia rhodiola I've used int he past) because it's very sedating. I guess 500 mg at once is a little too much for me.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Isn't that the BPS adaptogen product (thought I saw that label somewhere in the past)? What do you think about it? I've always just stuck to one or two adaptogens at a time. The only combination product I tried was the adrenal health one by Gaia and it was way too sedating.

Also, it appears I shouldn't have tried to save money by buying the Now rhodiola (instead of the Gaia rhodiola I've used int he past) because it's very sedating. I guess 500 mg at once is a little too much for me.
Yes, it's the BPS product. It's been good for me. I mostly use it when I accidentally run out of hydrocortisone that I use to treat adrenal fatigue. Sometimes I use it during high periods of stress, alongside the HC though.