Nootropics to help clear middle aged fog

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am 52 years and at this stage of life dont feel as mentally sharp as i did 20 or even 10yrs ago. Cognition is a bit slower and my short term memory could be much better.Place my keys down absent mindedly and 1hr later searching frantically for it! I have been taking a few noots rhodiola, noopept, some pre work outs inc focus XT, ashwagandha but no real marked improvement. Also Post workouts im foggy and fatigued for the next 2days.

what noots would you recommend to make me sharper, more alert, improve recall and generally give me greater mental energy? Thanks for input

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
First thing I'd ask is if you have had hormone ie testosterone levels checked and a full CBC done to make sure everything is where it should be. At 52, this could very well be hormone related. Plus, based on your fatigue situation post workout, this also points that direction.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
First thing I'd ask is if you have had hormone ie testosterone levels checked and a full CBC done to make sure everything is where it should be. At 52, this could very well be hormone related. Plus, based on your fatigue situation post workout, this also points that direction.
^^ what i was going to say.
likely time for hrt.

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im based in the UK so we have very restricted access to hormone testing on our National Health Service. When I tested 3yrs ago i was slightly above mid range total t. FSH and LH and thyroid were nicely in range. Am very muscular and strength wise not noticing drops. Recovery takes longer. The NHS no longer funds Hormone testing. Im not minded to TRT. Anyway I dont feel comfortable with the notion of commiting to TRT for life so looking for 'natural' alternatives to improve my wellbeing.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Likely DHEA levels are low. I am betting supplementing DHEA and pregnenolone would help out quite a bit in the memory, recovery, and energy areas.

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Likely DHEA levels are low. I am betting supplementing DHEA and pregnenolone would help out quite a bit in the memory, recovery, and energy areas.
What dosage/split would you recommend?

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Huperzine A and /or Noopept XT
Huperzine A is in Focus XT which I have used, and have also used noopept both as per original post.

I will give DHEA and pregnelone a go as I have heard both may have benefits for older men

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Huperzine A is in Focus XT which I have used, and have also used noopept both as per original post.

I will give DHEA and pregnelone a go as I have heard both may have benefits for older men
I still use extra Huperzine. :D

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Once every 4 months or so i may stop for a month.
I believe there is a study where it was given to teenagers for 12-16 weeks
I remember reading a study with junior middle school students, but t was only for 4 weeks.