Noles1 & Ironmaglabs 1-Andro Rx - rut-roh, watch out!

Nole1

Nole1

Awards
  • Established
I like the cottage cheese prior to bed - slow digesting protein so I don't wake up as hungry. I do it 4-5 times p/week.

Pushed my bike ride off yesterday due to bad weather, but went out today. 23.5 miles in just about 1 hr and 28 minutes - not a crazy pace, just consistent. Did it on an empty stomach first thing in the AM and was HUNGRY when I finished. Made a big old ham, cheese and jalepeno omelet.

Recovery from back day was great, no real issues at all, to include no back pump issues.

Starting wk 3 of 1 Andro RX - looking forward to some great workouts and continued big appetite.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice ride Noles and that omelet sounds delicious.

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Looking good man. Your making me consider a bike very strongly. I hate running so it would be a great alternative I think.

Pirate!

Pirate!

Awards
  • Established
Seems like everyone has the increased appetite. Great to time to add more carbs, IMO. 23.5 mile ride on an empty stomach doesn't sound fun.

Nole1

Nole1

Awards
  • Established
Yeah Pirate - I was tempted to hit up a 7/11 for a quick snack. LOL.

MONDAY update. Weighed in on empty stomach - 244.8. So pretty steady from last week, about .5 lbs up. Considering how much I've been eating, I was a little surprised by this. After 2 full weeks of 1 Andro RX:
- Great sleep still in effect.
- Appetite is very high
- Recovery has been great for all bodyparts except triceps and hammy's. But - I blasted those, so maybe that is why.
- Back pump popped up 1 time, a dose of taurine killed it off, and I followed up with taurine that night and the next day to be safe.
- Endurance in the gym is back. I was having some trouble with petering out towards the end of my workouts in March and April - not while on 1 Andro. I get a great workout and have a little more aggression til the end of the workout. I even have to fight off the urge to throw in another lifting day here and there.
- NEGATIVE - if I don't drink enough water with the dose, I get the burps something fierce. So - I've gotta watch that.

I'll do a chest/tri's/shoulder workout from my garage in a little while....not going to drive the 25 miles to my gym.

Its Memorial Day - remember those who've given the ultimate sacrifice so that we have the ability to do what we do freely.

Nole1

Nole1

Awards
  • Established
Whew - it was already hovering near 80 and humidity must've been 90% by the time I got into the garage to work out. Needless to say - the sweat was turned on instantly from the first warmup set.

FLAT BB BENCH:
135 x 15
205 x 10
255 x 5
285 x 1 x 2 sets.
205 x 10

no spotter, or I'd have gone for 2nd rep on the 285's......1st rep was smooth.

CGBP supersetted with Plate Chops.
135 x 15 ...... 35 x 14
145 x 10 ...... 35 x 14
155 x 10 ....... 35 x 14

Clean & Press:
135 x 8
145 x 4......wow....spent....rest for 3-4 mins to recover some...
155 x 5 - much better

When working out alone, I really have to focus on rest time. I normally get up, walk around the garage and get right back into a set about 45 seconds later, but need to make myself rest a little longer for recovery purposes.

Dot Hops:
5 sets of 30 seconds.

The Dot Hops are purely a cardio, exhaustion movement at the end of a workout that focuses on agility. Five dots - (like on a domino) - hop in a set pattern over and over for a set amount of time. I'm new to this so 30 secs is like a year. LOL. 244 lbs don't like to hop around much.

Last - back to the Flat BB Bench for a final set....
225 x 8......no way was #9 going up. Totally drenched in sweat, even though it wasn't a lot of movements, I enjoyed the workout.

Nole1

Nole1

Awards
  • Established
TUES:
Awesome night of sleep - crashed at 8:30, up at 4:30......did wake up once to hit the head.

Dinner last night was a big splurge as we hit Cheesecake Factory. I had the Chicken Romano and of course a slice of cheesecake at the end. First piece of dessert in a while, but I felt so guilty. LOL

Hit the treadmill for 25 mins at 8% incline and 3.5mph this morning - just walking off some cals on an empty stomach. Did some crunches and pushups and stretches. Nothing crazy.

Powered down a whole wheat bagel, 3 egg whites and 2 whole eggs with a slice of watermelon (from my garden) and a bowl of wild blackberries that I picked over the weekend out back. I picked nearly a gallon of fresh berries after the rain on Sunday. We've gotten around 8 inches of rain this month, and stuff is growing like CRAZY. I've got cucumbers and tomatos about ready to pick this weekend....

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nole, I am coming to your house to eat. Fresh watermelon? Damn

Nole1

Nole1

Awards
  • Established
Come on down bro.......even if you need to buy it here, there are fields everywhere and you can buy a fresh one for about $3 on the side of the road. Canteloupes are everywhere right now too.

Within 5 miles of my house are Bell Pepper, Blueberry, Squash, Cherrry Tomato, Canteloupe, Watermelon and a couple other veggies fields - all just loaded right now as the pickers are working their tails off to get everything picked, on trucks and headed to market.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
damn, I gotta get on a plane. We dont have much here in SE PA, too close to NJ :lol:

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds like a tasty place Nole! Love the splurge too. It's a battle not to do that everyday with the Andro isn't it. The carbs are calling my name alot!

Nole1

Nole1

Awards
  • Established
It is a battle AZ, trying to make the diet as clean as possible. I went to a local butchers shop today at lunch and picked up:

5 lbs of boneless/skinless chicken breasts - $1.99/lb
10 lbs of T-Bone steaks - $6.79/lb

So - it'll be beef and chicken this week.

I'm antsy as hell today. Just dying to lift or even freaking run, and I hate running. I think I'll ride the bike tonight if its not raining. Tomorrow is legs.....I'm stoked, and hope the feeling is still there in the morning when I get to the gym.

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I really need to make a trip to the local farmers market for some fresh veggies and fruit. I miss florida for that reason. Fresh produce everywhere.

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Come on down bro.......even if you need to buy it here, there are fields everywhere and you can buy a fresh one for about $3 on the side of the road. Canteloupes are everywhere right now too.

Within 5 miles of my house are Bell Pepper, Blueberry, Squash, Cherrry Tomato, Canteloupe, Watermelon and a couple other veggies fields - all just loaded right now as the pickers are working their tails off to get everything picked, on trucks and headed to market.
Amazing I might have to go pick some up tonight if possible :lick:

It is a battle AZ, trying to make the diet as clean as possible. I went to a local butchers shop today at lunch and picked up:

5 lbs of boneless/skinless chicken breasts - $1.99/lb
10 lbs of T-Bone steaks - $6.79/lb

So - it'll be beef and chicken this week.

I'm antsy as hell today. Just dying to lift or even freaking run, and I hate running. I think I'll ride the bike tonight if its not raining. Tomorrow is legs.....I'm stoked, and hope the feeling is still there in the morning when I get to the gym.
I was thinking the same with my bike...I'ts good to see your feeling well I'm looking forward to those gym numbers.

Nole1

Nole1

Awards
  • Established
knocked out a quick session on the t-mill @ incline of 8% tonight....just 20 mins.

Finished it off with my 6" foam roller and worked over the back, hips and quads. Totally relaxed now....ready to watch Orlando take a 3-1 lead in the series tonight.

Nole1

Nole1

Awards
  • Established
Whew - up til midnight watching that Orlando game - it was a terrific game though. I am getting tired of Lebron crying on the rare occasions a foul isn't called against him when someone breathes on him.

LEGS:
Warm up on bike for 7 mins....

SQUATS: - right from the get go, I couldn't find the hole. Squats are my weakest movement, I should probably start doing them 2x a week just for the practice.

135 x 10 - couldn't get comfortable
135 x 8 - really slow and methodical just working on the form
225 x 8 - still focused on form....
225 x 8 - this set was pretty solid all the way through
275 x 5 - last rep didn't go down far enough
took 5 min break
315 x 2 x 3 sets - just making sure both reps were solid, staying back, arching back, knees not going forward.
185 x 20 to finish - all below parallel - I set the bars low and went right to them each rep.

STANDING SINGLE LEG HAM CURLS ON HAMMER STRENGTH MACHINE:
70 x 10 x 3 sets each leg

HAMMER STRENGTH SEATED CALF:
8 plates x 12
10 plates x 8 x 2 sets

LEG EXTENSIONS:
217 x 10 x 4 sets

ABD/ADD Machine
205 x 10 x 3 sets of each - rotated between them

BOX JUMPS: (20 inch)
4 sets of 8 with 10lb plate in each hand.....just sucks making my big azz jump when I'm tired.

Ready for food. Had some oatmeal pre-workout with 1/2 cup of coffee and a cup of carb lite milk (Hoods). PWO meal was 2 pouches of tuna, large spinach salad w/egg, olives, bell pepper & broccoli. I'm full - ......... for now.

On a product note - even with only 4.5 hrs of sleep - I woke up refreshed, slept hard from the time I shut off the TV and walked into the bedroom to lay down until the alarm went off. Pants I'm wearing today fit a little looser than last week, even though weight is up marginally (1 lb) and I've been eating far more carbs than normal.....I was a bit surprised by that today.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am with you on squats. When you miss the spot the first few times is throws you off

Nole1

Nole1

Awards
  • Established
Day off. I like taking the day after squats and before back off. I need the recovery time. Legs are fairly sore, not crazy sore, but enough to know I worked them good.

I'll try to cut cals back today to the 2500 range.

Feeling good on 1 Andro - not one thing so far I don't like about it. Its certainly something that after 18 days, I'd recommend to others. And I plan to run it again this fall after I cut down to 220-225. I'll probably end up around 250 after this full cycle.....I'm loving the appetite increase and the fantastic sleep and quick recoveries.

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Day off. I like taking the day after squats and before back off. I need the recovery time. Legs are fairly sore, not crazy sore, but enough to know I worked them good.

I'll try to cut cals back today to the 2500 range.

Feeling good on 1 Andro - not one thing so far I don't like about it. Its certainly something that after 18 days, I'd recommend to others. And I plan to run it again this fall after I cut down to 220-225. I'll probably end up around 250 after this full cycle.....I'm loving the appetite increase and the fantastic sleep and quick recoveries.
I'll be down to run it with you around then also great job on your squats I'm still sore from leg day two days ago :lick:

Why cut the cals back?

Nole1

Nole1

Awards
  • Established
Just when I have a day of non-exertion - I try to scale it back a bit.

Nole1

Nole1

Awards
  • Established
FRIDAY: Today is day 20 on 1 Andro RX. Woke up with a slight headache, nothing major, but its the 4th time in 20 days, which is a little above average.

I do notice that the past few nights, even though the AC is set at 75 in my house, I've woke up sweating, the pillow is really damp and so is the back of my head/neck. I guess I can start checking my temp to see if the 1 Andro RX is raising body temp.

Today was PULL day. Still agititated about poor squatting on WED - I decided to add in some Zerchers because they really help me keep correct squatting form. Nothing heavy, but enough that it worked what I wanted it to.

BACK:
RACK DEADS - pins 1-2" below knees.
w/u sets....
365 x 4
405 x 1
425 x 1
455 x 1
465 x 1 - new PR. I did use straps here and at 455. This went fairly smooth, aggression was good this AM and that combined with some good Megadeth helped.

CG CABLE ROWS:
160 x 12
180 x 8 x 2 sets

BEHIND NECK PULLDOWNS:
140 x 10 x 3 sets

HYPEREXTENSIONS:
+45 lb plate x 10 x 3 sets

BB CURLS:
95 x 10
105 x 8
135 x 4 x 2 sets.

Rested for a few minutes and then did the Zerchers. Sweat was really good again in gym, and this also leads me to believe that the 1 ANDRO has something to do with that. By this time, almost whole shirt was wet.

ZERCHERS: - using 20" box which puts me right at parallel, maybe a tinge below. Just let my ass barely touch and then power right up, keeping arch in back, head up, stance just wider than shoulders.
135 x 8
135 x 8
155 x 8
185 x 5

Did 3 sets of crunches/push ups and called it a morning.

Going to try to knock out 30 miles on the bike in the morning, then we are headed to the Rays game to tailgate at about 1pm and watch the 4pm game. They need a win badly, and David Price is pitching, so there should be a good crowd.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
nice numbers man, good luck for David Price (little smile as I am a die hard Yankee fan)

Pirate!

Pirate!

Awards
  • Established
Few things help with PRs as much as quality 80's thrash. Are you fasting again for the bike ride?

Nole1

Nole1

Awards
  • Established
Nah - I'm having a big carb day today, brown rice at lunch, whole wheat pasta at dinner, a sweet potato somewhere in between.......and around 280g of protein throughout the day. Somewhere in the 4500 cal range today.

I'll have a medium sized bkfst prior to the ride in the morning, nothing crazy. Eggs, oats, coffee.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice PR on the Rack deads Nole! I think you convinced me to give then a go today. I have been doing floor deads lately. That is some big weight on those curls bubba.

Zerchers are the best way to get the groove back in your squat. You have no choice but to sit back when doing these and push from the heels.

My night sweating has subsided as of late. It lasted for about 3 days in my second week but is now over. Hopefully the same will occur for you.

Nole1

Nole1

Awards
  • Established
Thanks everyone - my back is feeling that workout today and it affected my ride, even with the taurine.

I only put in 20.7 miles this morning - after I rode out about 8 or so, I knew I was going to turn around at about 10. Ave speed was just over 16, but was over 17 until the ride back - the headwind was brutal and it was a battle.

Had a big steak salad afterwards. Leaving for the ballgame in a few minutes.

AZ - you are dead on about those Zerchers. My rack dead and floor dead max's are about 100lbs apart now, as I haven't pulled over 365 from the floor in a long time. Maybe this summer - who knows.

I want to throw out a public thanks to IronMagLabs - they are extending us another bottle to run the cycle another couple weeks. AWESOME - you guys rock.

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks everyone - my back is feeling that workout today and it affected my ride, even with the taurine.

I only put in 20.7 miles this morning - after I rode out about 8 or so, I knew I was going to turn around at about 10. Ave speed was just over 16, but was over 17 until the ride back - the headwind was brutal and it was a battle.

Had a big steak salad afterwards. Leaving for the ballgame in a few minutes.

AZ - you are dead on about those Zerchers. My rack dead and floor dead max's are about 100lbs apart now, as I haven't pulled over 365 from the floor in a long time. Maybe this summer - who knows.

I want to throw out a public thanks to IronMagLabs - they are extending us another bottle to run the cycle another couple weeks. AWESOME - you guys rock.
Well I guess you let the cat out of the bag. I was waiting for the bottle to let everone know we get to run another 10 days! I cant wait!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's a great avg speed Nole! I am about 15.9 but the hills kill my average. I am trying to bring my floor dead numbers up as well.

X2 for IronMag Labs as well...Good stuff!!

Nole1

Nole1

Awards
  • Established
AZ - I have a HUGE advantage over you for the average speed. FLAT LAND. LOL - our hills are very short, and rarely steep compared to what you deal with out there in Zona.

Nole1

Nole1

Awards
  • Established
Ahhh, a fantastic weekend, concluded with about 7 hours by the pool today after finishin up yardwork.

June brings a change to my workout regimen. This was planned long before I was selected to run this log for IronMagLabs. Moving to lifting 4x p/wk and cardio 4x p/wk. So - it'll be interesting to see how the higher volume of both will fit in with the 1 Andro Rx. I'm expecting some great results.

I leave for a 10 day trip to Vegas in early July, and will see about 20 friends I haven't seen in 4-5 years, so I'm hoping for some "damn dude, what happened?" type remarks, as I wasn't in the best shape back then.

We'll be playing golf for a week, starting in Vegas, heading to Mesquite and finally to St George, Utah. It'll be a blast.

Anyway - tomorrow is cardio and PUSH day. I'll post up the stats after I'm done.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is this a re-comp routine and will the diet change Nole?

Nole1

Nole1

Awards
  • Established
It is more of a summer recomp - started late, as many people start these in March, but injuries last year pushed everything back.

Good news is I've had ZERO pain in either my shoulder or my hip in 2009.

I sort of planned to run this for 6 weeks prior to heading to Vegas on 10 July - and scheduled it that way. Probably should've started last week.

Cardio this am was on empty stomach - just 20 mins walking on t-mill at 8% incline @ 3.4mph.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
this change could be quite interesting nole. the results should be exciting

Nole1

Nole1

Awards
  • Established
OK - 1st PUSH workout with new plan. FYI - the workout was passed on to me from a friend who stated he got it out of a magazine, I have no idea which one, I don't buy them. Before you blast me for using a magazine workout - I've altered it because the original he gave me didn't include deads, squats or some other movements I feel are necessary. Plus I changed some rep schemes, etc.

DECLINE BB:
w/u sets
275 x 4
225 x 8
205 x 12
185 x 11, 3, 3, RP for last set......

FLAT HAMMERSTRENGTH BENCH:
285 x 2.5 - OK - couldn't get my 4......
265 x 4
195 x 8
175 x 12 wow.....
155 x 12, 5, 3 (RP)

PEC DECK
130 x 12 x 3 sets

O/H DB PRESS:
65 x 4 - lol, this sucks.
50 x 8
40 x 12
30 x 14, 3, 3.......WOW - burnt.

DB LAT RAISES:
25 x 12 x 3 sets

INCLINE FRONT BB RAISES:
30 x 10 x 3 sets - you have no idea how much these burned....

DIP MACHINE:
195 x 12
215 x 10
195 x 12
165 x 16

O/H ROPE EXT:
40 x 12
47.5 x 12 x 2 sets

OK - some of those final dropsets were insanely hard. I haven't done high reps and drop sets in probably 2-3 years. Shoulders, arms, chest were PUMPED full of blood. But guess what, after those rope extensions, I was disappointed that the workout was over!! I still had energy which is simply unheard of for me for the past 18 months or so. I think the 1 Andro is really kicking in now, as my endurance in the gym is really up. I'm very stoked to see how tomorrows workout goes, tomorrow is PULL.

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
1 Andro is working wonders for you, the workout looks good I have a few mag workouts I like. :lick:

Here is a sample of the first shirt run, I'm going to go for more graphics or design on the shirts next but for now these should be good.

Attachments

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know what you mean about the w/o endurance from 1-Andro. I used to sometimes just want to get thru my w/o. Now I am looking for more sets to fit into it....

Nole1

Nole1

Awards
  • Established
Whatsa.........shirt looks great -I'm stoked to be getting one and will certainly be wearing it in the gym.

Workout is at lunch today, but I wanted to update weight.

245.2 this morning - so its creeping up slowly, which is what I wanted, as I don't want/need anymore bodyfat. Waist size hasn't changed, and may have even loosened a quarter to half inch. Slow and steady there is the goal. As mentioned before, I'd like to end up around 250ish at the end of our extended cycle on 1 Andro, so it seems I'm on track.

Nole1

Nole1

Awards
  • Established
Like a knucklehead I left my log book at home, so when I went to workout, I had to do a new routine strictly by memory, so I'm sure it wasn't right. I did get a terrific workout in though.

REV GRIP PULLDOWNS:
warm up sets
200 x 4
180 x 8
160 x 12
140 x 16.....whew, last 2 weren't pretty.

T-BAR
+90 x 12 x 4 sets

DB ROWS:
90 x 6
80 x 8
65 x 12
45 x 16 - feeling it......

DEADS: Just one set - strict form, lotsa reps. Bloodied both shins up good.
135 x 20

PREACHER EZ BAR:
75 x 10 x 3 sets
50 x 16, 6, 8 (Rest Pause)

CONC CURLS:
25 x 12 x 3 sets

DECLINE CRUNCHES:
x 20 x 3 sets

And now I'm eating lunch. A dozen pieces of spicy shrimp sushi (brown rice).

Great sweat in gym, plenty of endurance even with totally different workout scheme. I'll look at it tonight and see how far off I was....LOL.

OUT.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It might have been off on paper but that is a great w/o Nole! That shrimp sounds tasty...

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Weird querstion but are any of you guys getting stretch marks on cycle or ever get the feeling like your skin is ripping? I get that ripping pain in my shoulders where my stretch marks are and it sucks. Just wondering since all of you guys are bigger then me if your having that issue now on cycle.

Nole1

Nole1

Awards
  • Established
I'm blessed that no - I've got no stretch marks on my upper body, aside from 1 small one near my navel from my fatboy days prior to getting back into lifting in 2003 when I was 263 lbs.

I have had that itchy feeling in my shoulders, upper back area like the skin is stretching, but I also get quite a bit of sun and we have alot of humidity, so maybe that helps. Who knows.

Nole1

Nole1

Awards
  • Established
Workout wasn't too far off from what was written.

Wife made stuffed bell peppers for dinner - so today has been fantastic for a hungry guy. LOL.

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
1 Andro is working wonders for you, the workout looks good I have a few mag workouts I like. :lick:

Here is a sample of the first shirt run, I'm going to go for more graphics or design on the shirts next but for now these should be good.
BadAss Man! Can't Wait.....can mine say Big Kev on the back?

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm blessed that no - I've got no stretch marks on my upper body, aside from 1 small one near my navel from my fatboy days prior to getting back into lifting in 2003 when I was 263 lbs.

I have had that itchy feeling in my shoulders, upper back area like the skin is stretching, but I also get quite a bit of sun and we have alot of humidity, so maybe that helps. Who knows.
You r alucky man. I have stretch marks on my inner thighs, upper outside chest, and inner biceps....they fade but they are still ugly.

Nole1

Nole1

Awards
  • Established
Guess I'm not big enough yet for those - I'll have to keep pushing!!!!

Wear them like a badge of honor Kev.

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Guess I'm not big enough yet for those - I'll have to keep pushing!!!!

Wear them like a badge of honor Kev.
Well....with a good tan they arent noticable.....Superdrol gave me most of them....the original stuff was amazing!