nokkT's on fire with BPS Combustion (Sponsored)

nokkT

Awards
Update from yesterday!

Two pills in the morning, same results. I've got nothing bad or different to report here!

Man, I was feeling so good at the gym yesterday doing my back day. I had a ton of energy and some added aggression from work that I really needed to burn off. So, I popped my pills and rushed to the gym. I had some amazing energy... probably because of both of the reasons previously stated. Either way, I felt really good in doing all the lifts. Oh, and, I was sweating like crazy! Probably because I was hopping from lift to lift to lift. But man, that felt really good too. Was glad to finally be getting some really crazy sweating going on and just really feeling good all around.

I upped all my back lift numbers from last week. Doing deadlift I did 325 by 7 for my last heavy set before I dropped it down to 225 to burn out. I was just pounding the weight and it felt awesome. A lot of pullups and chinups, weighted and unweighted, too. Rows felt amazing and I was doing them so clean. Had a fantastic upper back workout too, everything was so pumped and is pretty sore today.

The one downfall that I noticed from yesterday, doing deadlifts, I lean just a tiny little bit to the left... which bummed me out a little bit. But, at least I noticed it and every rep after that was focused on correcting it.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good stuff and happy you are enjoying combustion.

nokkT

Awards
I do like the energy that I seem to get from it. It isn't the best energy that I've ever felt, but it is pretty good. What I am disliking is that I have to take 4 pills a day to get it. The bottle seems to be going so quickly! I hate being so stim resistant.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update from yesterday!

Two pills in the morning, same results. I've got nothing bad or different to report here!

Man, I was feeling so good at the gym yesterday doing my back day. I had a ton of energy and some added aggression from work that I really needed to burn off. So, I popped my pills and rushed to the gym. I had some amazing energy... probably because of both of the reasons previously stated. Either way, I felt really good in doing all the lifts. Oh, and, I was sweating like crazy! Probably because I was hopping from lift to lift to lift. But man, that felt really good too. Was glad to finally be getting some really crazy sweating going on and just really feeling good all around.

I upped all my back lift numbers from last week. Doing deadlift I did 325 by 7 for my last heavy set before I dropped it down to 225 to burn out. I was just pounding the weight and it felt awesome. A lot of pullups and chinups, weighted and unweighted, too. Rows felt amazing and I was doing them so clean. Had a fantastic upper back workout too, everything was so pumped and is pretty sore today.

The one downfall that I noticed from yesterday, doing deadlifts, I lean just a tiny little bit to the left... which bummed me out a little bit. But, at least I noticed it and every rep after that was focused on correcting it.
Good on ya for correcting your form. It can be hard, but it's way better than leaving it as is and ending up injured down the road.

nokkT

Awards
Update from Wednesday...

Same dosage in the morning.. same awake feeling like usual! No changes here.

However, before heading over to the gym I felt so ready. Was so pumped to get to lifting and had a ton of energy to do so. Probably again because work has been stressing me out lately. But, anyway, got to the gym for my arms day. Again, just like my back day, all my lifts improved from last week. Rep, set, and weight wise, which is great. Had such a great pump all around... forearms, bi's and tri's. Started out with tri's this week and did a lot of BB work for my lifts... got myself up to 115 on my last set of BB curls. Was sweating like crazy again by the time I was done.. I pounded through everything!

Since I blasted through my lifts I was able to get on and do some cardio. It has been a long time since I've actually gotten on and did cardio. Did some pretty solid HIIT on a treadmill which I was happy with. Lasted 23 minutes because that is all I had left before I had to get back to work. But, I was sweating and I felt so good.

Last night my dog was making a ton of commotion because we had some thunder and lightning... I just started leaving her out of her kennel at night. Anyway, I got up to open my bedroom door and went to walk through it, I caught my right thumb on the metal door lock and literally sliced open the tip of my right thumb. Was a fantastic time..........

nokkT

Awards
Sounds like Combustion is kicking in - it's great for that drive and focus in the gym, not to mention sweating like a pig! Sorry about your thumb.
Yea, the sweating I'm definitely starting to notice more... I guess I spoke too soon before. But, what is odd is I only notice it sometimes. I sometimes sweat a lot and other times I'm confused as to why I'm not sweating at all. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'll live, it isn't too bad. I have it wrapped up since it is pretty wide open and would prefer not to get any diseases from the gym.

nokkT

Awards
So, yesterday, I took my pills and got ready to head over to the gym. I honestly didn't feel a thing at all yesterday. I left, got to the gym, and changed without really having any drive, motivation, or desire to lift.

Got into my warm up set of OHP though and I was like "oh hey there, my familiar friend". About two or three sets in I was so freaking ready to lift. I was in such a good mood and just going to town on those weights. My energy level just shot through the roof (probably because I didn't have any when I first got there) but I just got through everything and again with increasing my weight on everything. I think I got 5 OHP at 115 lbs which is after doing higher amrap sets at 65, 75, 85, 95, and 105 lbs superset with front and side DB lat raises.

Also hit my traps pretty hard yesterday, since I had some extra time in the gym, with some front and back shrugs as well as some face pulls again. They're extremely sore today, which is pretty since since it is rare that my traps get all that sore.

Lifting really set my mood for the rest of the day, I was in a really good mood when I left and it stayed that way. The one downfall is I had to come back to work to meetings where the body fatigue really kicked in and I just wanted to nap.

nokkT

Awards
Friday was a pretty crappy lift day... so many people were in the gym again, it was nuts. There was pretty much a line to use the squat racks and everything so I got stuck using the leg press. bleh. I hate doing the leg press, I feel as though it doesn't do a whole lot for me.

But, anyway, took my pills and got done what I could. Did some really strong leg press superset with leg extensions again to really get a good burn going. Started with 4 plates on each side of the leg press as a warm up, got up to 8 plates for 6 reps on the final working set which felt pretty good. Dropped it back down to 4 plates and I surprisingly got 14! Got through with that and then went and did about 6 sets of SLDL (topped out at 185) with some hamstring curls. My hamstrings were on fire, every time I went to get up from the machine or back away from the bar during the SLDL my legs felt like jello and were all wobbly beneath me! I also decided to squeeze in some box jumps and walking lunges since I got through everything else so quickly and because it was so busy. I was sweating like crazy by this point. Busted out some abs work and then hopped on the treadmill for about 20 minutes.

Considering it was a crappy lift day, it was actually a pretty good endurance day. I didn't get fatigued but man did I have a really great sweat going. I felt like everything was burning and I was really feeling good.

As far as this weekend, nothing out of the ordinary. Taking the pills... was going to take the dog to the park again to run around, however, it is raining today. So, that is a no go.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good gried, I couldn't handle it if the gym had lines for everything. I'd be distracted the whole time, and rush things, so my performance would undoubtedly suffer. Bummer man.

nokkT

Awards
Yeah, it generally isn't really that busy. But work has been scheduling me in a lot of meetings lately which really screws up my lifting schedule. I generally going after the lunch rush. I really need to put time on my calendar at work so that I can routinely go every day. But, I don't. So, if I go earlier or later than when I normally go, I get stuck in the lunch rush that lasts until about 1pm or I get in the afternoon rush that starts around 3.

nokkT

Awards
Man, yesterday I had a fantastic chest workout day. Even though all the benches and everything were taken because its spring break and all the high schoolers were there working out. But, I had someone doing curls using a bar from a bench, some kid doing curls in the squat rack, it was a pretty awesome sight when I walked in. :toofunny:

Popped my two combustion and headed on my way. I was feeling really good, really energetic and ready to lift. Probably because I didn't have to go back to work after the gym (took a half day). But, needless to say, I was so amped up. Started with some DB bench at the 60s, put up 15 of them to warm up. After that, I jumped to 75 got 12 reps and I just kept increasing the weight from there, every 5 lbs, until I got to 100. At 100 I got 6 of those and was feeling so good. Oh yeah, did I mention I was doing DB flies superset? :D I was feeling so great. After the 100s, dropped it back down to 65 where I got another 12.

After I finished those up, I went over and did some incline bench because it was free superset with some incline cable flies. I did a total of 6 sets of both increasing the weight every time on the bench. Was really focusing on squeezing on the flies and boy did they burn.

Finished all the lifting off with 5 sets of decline bench and just 3 quick little sets of dips, again felt so good. But, by this point my chest was pretty shot and tired. I was sweating like crazy again by this point and I still had energy! Since I didn't have to go back to work.. I got myself up on the treadmill for a half hour just to try and get some of the energy worn off.

Turns out, I didn't need the treadmill. Since the weather has been so nice and I took a half day... I took my dog to the dog park. We ran around for quite a while and she can use the exercise. Unfortunately, at one point she got distracted by another dog and took off after the dog... well the dog went to return to its owner and my dog followed after. Let me interject here for a second, my dog is a little over a year old and about 70 lbs. Well, she was running after this other dog on some gravel and the dog ran around to the front of it's owner... my dog tried to stop the gravel and took out the poor lady's legs from right beneath her... I felt so bad. Luckily she was fine and hopped right back up, but she didn't seem too happy.... and of course my dog just kept on trucking.

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
Popped my two combustion and headed on my way. I was feeling really good, really energetic and ready to lift. Probably because I didn't have to go back to work after the gym (took a half day). But, needless to say, I was so amped up.
Because of the Oreo cookie ball. :)

my dog tried to stop the gravel and took out the poor lady's legs from right beneath her...
Need video of that!

nokkT

Awards
Because of the Oreo cookie ball. :)

Need video of that!
Man, that thing was delicious. Bring me another one. Do it. :approve:

If I could've, I would've. My dog plowed right into the back of her knees and her legs flew up in front of her. Landed on her back, elbows down, on gravel.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I am just going out on a limb and assuming that 2x2 dose of combustion is treating you well? I am sorry I have been kinda absent this last week, I try to follow along as best I can but can't much anymore at work so I have limited time. If you have any questions about dosing, diet or training just shoot me a PM as I get those via email and can help you out. Happy you are enjoying it and thanks for keeping this up to date.

nokkT

Awards
So I am just going out on a limb and assuming that 2x2 dose of combustion is treating you well? I am sorry I have been kinda absent this last week, I try to follow along as best I can but can't much anymore at work so I have limited time. If you have any questions about dosing, diet or training just shoot me a PM as I get those via email and can help you out. Happy you are enjoying it and thanks for keeping this up to date.
Yea, the 2x2 dose is much better than just taking the two pre and one in the morning. I don't get anything from just one pill, well, anything noticeable anyway. Hey, no problem, just glad you're following along! Well, you pretty much see what I'm doing every day, so if you got any insight, I'm always up for constructive criticism. But, yeah, I'll be sure to PM you if I have any questions. Anytime, you asked for a log, doing my best to give you one. Hope it is up to standards. :)

What's this about oreo balls? :D
Haha, he made some and brought one into work for me to try. It was delicious.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea, the 2x2 dose is much better than just taking the two pre and one in the morning. I don't get anything from just one pill, well, anything noticeable anyway. Hey, no problem, just glad you're following along! Well, you pretty much see what I'm doing every day, so if you got any insight, I'm always up for constructive criticism. But, yeah, I'll be sure to PM you if I have any questions. Anytime, you asked for a log, doing my best to give you one. Hope it is up to standards. :)

Haha, he made some and brought one into work for me to try. It was delicious.
Regular updates is better than 90% of the people who log here. You are doing fine. Since you are so stim tolerant like me I want to know what 3 will do for you, maybe do 1 and some coffee on a weekend morning and then 3 pre-workout. Curious how that treats you.

nokkT

Awards
Regular updates is better than 90% of the people who log here. You are doing fine. Since you are so stim tolerant like me I want to know what 3 will do for you, maybe do 1 and some coffee on a weekend morning and then 3 pre-workout. Curious how that treats you.
Well, I'm not a coffee drinker, but I can definitely drink an energy drink.... I freaking love those things. But, I can definitely try taking 3 pre workout and seeing how it goes.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, I'm not a coffee drinker, but I can definitely drink an energy drink.... I freaking love those things. But, I can definitely try taking 3 pre workout and seeing how it goes.
Definitely, I have not done that yet but I want to. Kinda try to keep stims relatively under control when I am on cycle though I am not as worried with test.

nokkT

Awards
Definitely, I have not done that yet but I want to. Kinda try to keep stims relatively under control when I am on cycle though I am not as worried with test.
Yeah, I can definitely see that. I did the same thing when I was on cycle. I didn't really want to intake more than what was necessary because the cycle helped with a lot of that alone.

nokkT

Awards
So, yesterday, was a good and bad day. Good because the workouts were freaking great! Bad because it was so ridiculously hot in the gym that it was making me nauseous while I was lifting.

Took my two pills in the morning, felt good waking up and getting ready for work. Took the other two preworkout and had some really good energy for the gym again, mostly because it was nice out and I was excited to do some lifting.

Was a back day so I got into deadlifts right away. Warmed up with 185 and jumped into 225 doing 15 of them. Upped my weight again this week on my final set and got 335 x 5 after doing 225, 245, 255, 275, 295, and 315. Superset each set with alternating amrap pullups and chinups unweighted this week. But when I got to about 275 I started to get extremely hot. It was about 75-80 degrees out yesterday and all the gym has is a giant fan on the cardio side but nothing by the weights. So, it was extremely hot, smelled a little like chlorine and everything from the pool and it was just making me feel sick. My stomach was churning, I was ridiculously hot and was sweating like crazy. I had to take a little longer between each set just to make sure I finished it. But, I made sure to get each one and made sure I watched my form so it didn't slip like last week. Finished up with all that and started to feel a little better and get in the groove.

Next I did some bent over DB rows all superset with some lat pulldowns. I only did 4 sets (4 workings sets not including the warmup for high reps and the drop set for high reps) of each because I really wanted to take it easy after not feeling that great before. But, I still started to feel better as I was finishing up with all that. Finished the day off with some really strong sets of reverse flies and weighted back extensions. Did 5 sets of each of those and I was actually able to keep my reps on reverse flies in the 12-15 range every set which was awesome.

Back feels great today.. not too sore, but definitely like I did some solid work on it. Today is another hot one outside, so, I'll be sure to not destroy myself today.

nokkT

Awards
I think I am going to try the 3 pill preworkout for Friday's workout. But, today was the usual 2 in the morning and 2 preworkout. Did some arms and cardio today.

I was feeling pretty good when I got to the gym today. Had some good energy again today to lift, so I started with some preacher curls superset with DB curls. Actually felt pretty solid on the preacher today.. started off with 75lbs and worked my way up to 115, but I only got 3 at 115 which was a little disappointing, but, I was so pumped. My arms were really beasty.

Switched over to do some triceps and hit some weighted dips superset with skullcrushers. Started with 25 lbs on the dips, got up to 45 and kept the skullcrusher weight constant at 75 lbs the entire time. Keeping the skullcrusher weight the same was great, I had such a really nice solid burn everywhere in my tri's.

Finished everything off with some reverse curls superset with some reverse grip tricep pulldowns. Flip flopping between the two. Doing this really was the icing on the cupcake. :) Everything felt great and a solid pump the entire time. On the last set I did some resistance curls and pulldowns of each to get a nice pull going on both sides of my arm.

Oh yeah, I forgot, again I did the forearm blaster and some plate pinchers. Those were pretty fun. :)

I had a bunch of time left over so I hopped on an elliptical for 30 minutes. Oh, just a note, I was already sweating a LOT from doing my lifting so quickly but I hopped on the elliptical and really had some nice sweating going. I really felt like it finished everything off and I felt great. Kind of like I was re-energized after doing it.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds like a good workout - I love when I leave feeling better than when I came in!

So when you say you're going to try 3 pre-workout, do you intend to up your daily intake to 5/day?

nokkT

Awards
Sounds like a good workout - I love when I leave feeling better than when I came in!

So when you say you're going to try 3 pre-workout, do you intend to up your daily intake to 5/day?
Yea, me too. Sometimes just getting in there to lift is motivation enough.

Nope, stay at 4 a day, but just take 1 in the morning instead.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Geezus 3 at one time. Id die lol.

nokkT

Awards
Yea, you can blame oufinny for the recommendation. Plus, I'm only planning on doing it for the one day to see how it goes. :)

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

nokkT

Awards
When I was 180 pounds I would have too, a little different for me at 220.
Hey, I'm only like 195 and my stim tolerance is through the roof. To be fair, it always has been though.

nokkT

Awards
So, yesterday, I decided to start cutting a few calories to get ready to start cutting. Especially since I'm now like 195 lbs and back in October I was 170ish. I've been about 195 for a month now and maintaining. Since I intake between 3000-3500 a day, I've decided to cut about 300-500 out of my diet for a little while before I cut more out again.

Took my two pills yesterday before my shoulder workout. Again, some good energy and really excited to hit the gym. The only thing was, I wasn't really feeling like doing the endurance stuff that I have been doing. I really didn't feel like doing that at all. So, I went back to doing my 5x5 and oh boy did I miss it. It felt so great. I'd also like to note that I was sweating more yesterday than I have in an extremely long time and more than any other day since I've started this log.

Started off doing 5x5 of OHP.. did a warmup set at 65 after doing some stretching and jumped right in. Bumped it up to 105, 125, 125, 135, 135. Only on the last set was my back starting to get a little more of an arch in it than I'd like, but they still felt great. I went through these really quick and moved on over to do seated DB press superset with front/side lat raises. Again, did a warmup of 45lbs and jumped up to 60. Got through my sets at 60, 65, 65, 70, 70 all really solid. For the front/side lat raises I did 4 sets for 8 reps each between the DB press sets. The lat raises were constant at 30lbs for the front and 20lbs for the side for all 4 sets.

Finally, wanted to hit my traps a bit so I did some shrugs superset with BB upright rows. Again, 5x5 on the shrugs and 4x8 on the upright rows. Shrugs I did 225, 275, 315, 335, 345. Upright rows I got 95, 105, 105, 115. I wanted a little extra burn on my traps since I was feeling great so I dropped them both back down, shrugs to 225 and upright rows to 95 just to get out as many as I could. Got 14 on the shrugs and 12 on the upright rows.

Since the workout went so much faster than it normally has, I took some time to elliptical again. The endurance type lifts take more time since I'm doing more/longer sets.. so I'm liking getting back to the 5x5s. But, like I previously said, I was sweating so much. My entire shirt was drenched. Think I'm going to do the 5x5 again for legs today. :approve:

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
You're strong NokkT.

I can't wait to go hammer my tris and shoulders tonight... Or maybe I'll hit legs lol...

nokkT

Awards
You're strong NokkT.

I can't wait to go hammer my tris and shoulders tonight... Or maybe I'll hit legs lol...
Hah, thanks, I'm really not all that strong, in my opinion. But, I've worked out with Kaikara before, him and I go back and forth on some lifts, so that's cool for me since he has got like 40 lbs on me. :D My chest is lacking out of everything and that kind of bothers me. :/

I really love legs day... squatting is so much fun. But, that is the only reason I like it so much. The rest of the leg workouts are kind of OK to me. Weighted step ups are one I kind of enjoy, too. Shoulders is kind of a filler for me, but yesterday felt so good. Which one on you needs more work, do that one. :D

But, I've really pushed myself for the past year or so. But, that kind of happens when you used to be extremely out of shape and overweight.

nokkT

Awards
Oh, also just to update. I counted out my pills last night because I wanted to see how many I had left. I only have another 7 days or so of combustion. Using those 4 a day really kill off the bottle fast! So, looks like next Thursday will be my last day.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Enjoy it while you can, how did 3 pill dosing go?

nokkT

Awards
Well I took the 3 pills preworkout yesterday... I honestly didn't really feel a difference as far as energy goes, no real jittery feeling or anything like that either. I was still sweating a lot during my workout. However, at about 5:30ish, I got somewhat tired. I guess I had a little bit of a crash without really feeling the effects of it, which is kind of depressing. My stim resistance is just ridiculous. On top of those 3 pills I took the one pill in the morning and had a can of Monster throughout the morning. Soooooo, that is a lot of caffeine. Lol. Damn my stim tolerance!

Did 5x5 for my legs yesterday; guess my legs weren't as ready for the switch as my shoulders were! Started off with my squats.

Squats: Warm up at 225, got 3 at 365, although the last one was a little iffy, and dropset at 225 again where I got 10 the second time around.
Leg extensions: 4 sets at 160lbs
SLDL: 4 sets 135, 155, 175, 185
superset with: 4 sets hamstring curls at 100
Weighted step ups. Wooo!

Had a little extra time left so I decided to finish up with some ab work. Did a quick circuit of 3 exercises at 3x20 and then got on my merry way. All in all it was another good workout where I was sweating and had some really good energy to get through my lifts. Didn't feel fatigued until I got into my ab work. Doing a circuit of 3 lifts almost non stop really gets me tired. So much so that when I go to get into my car after the workout its difficult to lift my legs. haha.

Woke up this morning and went to go roll out of bed, everything is so sore! Hamstrings are super tight, quads are really sore. It is going to be a fun day shopping. Haha. Oh, and forget sneezing, I'm trying to hold them in because the abs hurt too.

nokkT

Awards
Took the pills over the weekend, nothing really too fancy to report. Pretty much the same feeling on both days. Didn't do anything too crazy nor did I go running or workout. I'm a slacker, what can I say?

nokkT

Awards
Sure didn't. I spent my weekend starting to pack up my apartment, moving in a few weeks. Also had to go to home depot to pick up some blacklights so that I can check for my dog's messes, etc etc. You know, good fun stuff.

You?

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Meh, went to a party put on by a friend of friend. Overcrowded with heavily intoxicated people I've never met. Also tried the worst vodka I've ever had. Went home with some close friends to drink Scotch and eat steak, and that's when the day got good.

nokkT

Awards
Yeah, I really hate sometimes going to those parties. They almost never turn out like you hope they do. But, glad to hear your day ended better than it previously was.

nokkT

Awards
Well, pretty much the same stuff to report today! Two pills in the morning, got me up and ready to go for the day even though it was a Monday, bleh. Two pills pre-workout and headed on my way. Some good music playing on the way to the gym so that really got me motivated to lift, too.

Lined up my chest day, staying with the 5x5 again this week. Started with good ol' flat bench. On my 4th set I tried 245 and got like 4 and a half reps, which made me a little depressed, but oh well. Dropped it back down to 225 and got another 4 and a half.. son of a -. That just made me even angrier. lol. Did a drop set with a red resistance band wrapped around the bar at 155 and got 11 reps.

For the rest of my exercises:
DB incline bench: 45 warmup, 55, 60, 65, 70 all by 5
superset with
DB incline fly: 30lb x 8 reps x 4 sets
Cable fly: 40lb x 8 x 4

Decided to skip out on the decline bench today, just really wasn't feeling it by the time I was nearing the end of my workout. Today was an odd day, I just started to lose interest after I started which just couldn't keep me going. Oh well I guess, always next week, right?

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
After this I suggest you run some Southland Performance Recourse I think it is called; actually I would run it for 8 weeks and that will help your adrenal system reset. If you can take that much stims, its time for a break or at a minimum a big cut to your daily intake. You get really big spikes in cortisol with extended stim abuse which is not going to help anything.

nokkT

Awards
After this I suggest you run some Southland Performance Recourse I think it is called; actually I would run it for 8 weeks and that will help your adrenal system reset. If you can take that much stims, its time for a break or at a minimum a big cut to your daily intake. You get really big spikes in cortisol with extended stim abuse which is not going to help anything.
To be honest, I was looking into Recourse a little while back because I wanted to run a test booster. Truth be told, I ended up getting three bottles of Endo, was actually planning on running that in the near future. Sooo, what else would you recommend for my adrenal system? To really be honest, I've been off stimmed supplements for a long time. Only recently started back up about 3 weeks before I got into the Combustion when I picked up a tub of craze because I needed a new preworkout. I stopped the Craze to take Combustion when I received it. So, since then, I took an entire tub of Glycergrow from CL without stims. So, the only real stim I was getting was from energy drinks and that is maybe 3-4 a week. Before the Glycergrow was Jack3d and I didn't get a huge rush from that, but the BA and everything made me tingly which got me in the mood to lift.

I've been like this for a really long time. Since high school and college I can only ever remember getting one jittery crazy rush... at 7am trying to do lab work on a XXL monster and a bag of licorice snaps on an empty stomach. Who knows if it is from my left over fat nerdy days. :/

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hmm...there are a number of reasons for stim tolerance. If you've had it for so long, it may simply be hereditary, or you may have "burned out" by abusing them in the past - like with the XXL Monster you mentioned. However, I know several people who are super sensitive to stims because of Energy Drink abuse and have to actually avoid all caffeine now as a result, so...?

nokkT

Awards
So today was another back day. Took my two pills in the morning and then again on the way to the gym, again. Some really good music playing on the way over to the gym again today so it really got me in the lifting mood. That and being able to do 5x5 again on back this week had me really excited. :D

Kept the workout really similar, lift wise, to last week. Mostly because I liked all the lifts I did last week so I wanted to hit them again but at much higher weight.

Deadlifts: Did warm ups at 225 then hit 5x5 at 275, 315, 335, 355, and attempted 375, which is a tie for my highest 1rm which was a long time ago. But, I got 3 of them. :D
Weighted pullups and chin ups, alternating every set: 30 lbs. 5x5
BB bent over rows: maxed out at 185 which I was really super surprised about. I generally do rows 3 or 4 sets by 8 and I generally hit maybe 145 or 155. But, man, doing 185 was rough. lol.
Lat pulldowns: maxed out at 160, I was never any good at doing pulldowns, I'm still not the strongest in that area, yet.
Cable row: 120, 140, 160, 180, 200x4... and these were superset with:
Reverse flies: 25lbs for 8 reps for 4 sets. Just wanted some really good, clean, reps.

I had such a huge amount of energy in the gym today. I also don't know if it was just really super hot in the gym, or if it was the Combustion, or both. But holy hell, I was sweating so much. More than I have ever before while working out. Sweat was streaming down my face, dripping like into my eyes and stuff. My shirt was drenched! There wasn't a single spot on that shirt that wasn't wet... I honestly probably could have rung it out. But man, that felt so good; to sweat like that. Really a different feeling from what I've been used to. It felt so good... SO GOOD... to lift like that and still break a sweat.