newbie wanting to get back in the game after long long brake

benjiman

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hey guys i guese you would call me a newbie seeing i have not workred out or done any thing in at least 5 years.but before that i was a gym rat for 15 plus years.so i am needing to know where to start i am joining the gym again today.i am able to make it to the gym 3 or 4 times a week.can not decide if i should do the full body work out like upper mon,lower tues then upper thurs lower friday.or do the chest and trics mon,back and bics tuesday etc.so i guese my guestion is i need a work out routine for a fat out of shape 34 year old.thanks for any help.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hey guys i guese you would call me a newbie seeing i have not workred out or done any thing in at least 5 years.but before that i was a gym rat for 15 plus years.so i am needing to know where to start i am joining the gym again today.i am able to make it to the gym 3 or 4 times a week.can not decide if i should do the full body work out like upper mon,lower tues then upper thurs lower friday.or do the chest and trics mon,back and bics tuesday etc.so i guese my guestion is i need a work out routine for a fat out of shape 34 year old.thanks for any help.
Start off by acclimatizing your body to training again. Even though you have trained before, you would start out like a beginner yes. Full-Body sessions would be best, and you can ease into splits 4-8 weeks later, once your body is back into training mode.

I recommend that you review The 3 Keys to Fat Loss - there is an entire section on training, with a sample training programme for a beginner included in the article. It also contains comprehensive advice and information re nutrition as well as training for fat loss, since it sounds like you might want that.

~Rosie~