Newbie (kind of)

EGrant23

Awards
Hi all! Glad I found this site!

I'm looking for some advice on some supplements I should be looking into (pre-workout, during?, post). I've been doing some research over the last few days but my head is just spinning with all the info out there and what is or isn't accurate.

Little background:
38 year old in decent shape as a Firefighter and former college athlete. Got away from working out for a while, but have recently signed up for a half marathon with the wife and have spent the last week back in the gym at the firehouse and I think I've reignited the passion. Right now I'm on an 8 week workout program before the half which includes several days of running mixed in with some strength training. Not looking to get massive (6'1, 177lbs), but would like to get suggestions on what's out there for supplements to aid my gains.

Thank you!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
To start i'd recommend making sure you're getting in enough calories to fuel your body for your marathon training. Additionally a good multi with joint support formula (or joint supplement + multi) such as Orange Triad by Controlled Labs, fish oil or omega supplement, and quality protein powder would be a nice base stack. Then adding on a supplement such as Peak 02 by SNS or similar would be a good extra. On your lifting days if you want some energy and focus Seismic Surge by Hard Rock Supplements or Wild Thing by Assault Labs are my go to pre workouts. If you're just looking for just pump High Volume by PES or SuperHuman Pump by Alpha Lion are my go to. Lastly you've got some natural anabolics you could look into to aid in recovery and muscle building such as Anafuse or Colossal Muscle.

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
As far as supplements to "aid your gains" I'd focus in on supplements that are going help recovery. Some tried and true staples like Creatine, Glutamine. Citrulline or preworkouts can do a little by giving you a better pump, endurance, focus, etc. Not by any means necessary but even they can give you a bit of an edge in the gym. For those I usually just shop around for a best bang for your buck product or try things on sale. You may want to research some products by SNS, Apex Alchemy, and Iconic. Those are some best in class as far as my opinion goes. Glad to see you getting back in the iron game!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 7
Training Forum 6
Anabolics 4
Anabolics 9
Supplements 7