New workout advice

JimmBobby

Awards
So just after a bit of advice/guidance.

Trained for 16 years on and off... Assisted sometimes.

Last year I decided it was time to get in the best shape and everything is going fine. Ive started 2019 feeling in awesome shape close to the strongest I've been for a while and carrying an acceptable amount of body fat, though my goal is to try and lower this.

Last year I started with PHUL workout and progressed onto PHAT where I've been for about 8 weeks and intend to be for at least another 6-8 weeks.

But just after some recommendations where to go from here? I want to be lifting 5 days a week.

BarryScott

BarryScott

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Why not just keep running PHAT indefinitely until circumstances change?

JimmBobby

Awards
That is an option if come another 8 weeks I'm still progressing then there is no reason to change.

But, I like change... So if progression has slowed and I feel like I'm stagnating then I will change.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
That is an option if come another 8 weeks I'm still progressing then there is no reason to change.

But, I like change... So if progression has slowed and I feel like I'm stagnating then I will change.
Why not simply cahnge the volume, intensity, or actual lifts and stick with the PHAT style... or build in more progression waves (this is what I do personally).