Workout Program Advice

BlueDevil11

Awards
Hey all, I haven't posted much on this forum, but I'm looking for some advice.
A little about me:
Height: 6'3
Weight: 240-245
I'm a former athlete who's become a little out of shape, and my goals are to build strength and muscle without bulking up too much (stay lean-ish hopefully). I've been doing some research on some good 12-16 week workout programs to get myself going again, but there's so much BS on the internet that you really don't know what to trust. Was thinking of doing a PPL split or maybe a hypertrophy program, but if anyone has any suggestions/knows of a legit, tough workout program I'd love to hear it!

Thanks

Doss

Doss

Awards
  • Established
I'm on week 4 of John Meadow's Creeping Death and loving it. You can find it free online if you're interested. It's a PPL with two 'pump' days to address weak points/stuff you want to prioritize. Feels great.

BlueDevil11

Awards
I'm on week 4 of John Meadow's Creeping Death and loving it. You can find it free online if you're interested. It's a PPL with two 'pump' days to address weak points/stuff you want to prioritize. Feels great.
Just checked it out, it looks pretty nice! How long do the workouts usually take you? I'm in a pretty intense grad program so just want to make sure they won't be taking me 2 hrs to finish haha

Doss

Doss

Awards
  • Established
After I warm up, the workouts are usually right at an hour. The pump days are a little less due to shorter rest intervals (60 vs 90 seconds).

I'd say based on what your priorities are you could also drop one of the major lifts/accessory work bits if you're in a rush.

FWIW I've also been following John's calf philosophy for the last three months or so and I've put like 2 inches on mine. I'd say don't skip the calves section unless you've already got cows!