Advice - Workout plan on cycle

BuffHairyPotter

BuffHairyPotter

Awards
Hi all,

Looking for advice on my current lifting plan. This is actual Reps, Weight, and Sets (in that order). Will increase as strength increases. I plan on going on a cycle with 500mgs Test E (15 weeks), 50mg Tbol (weeks 1-8), T4 150mcg, and T3 38mcg (daily) (I have thyroid disease so I am on 75mcg T4 already to even get me slightly in range) I also have and would consider mk677 at 10mg (daily) as I heard it works synergically with T4. I have dumbbells up to 80lbs each and a bench at home as well as an elliptical. I can go to the gym maybe 1 time a week due to time constraints ( I live in a remote area). I plan to elliptical about 3 times a week for 30 mins. Right now my maintenance calories are about 2200 because my thyroid sucks. Macros are 220g Protein, 175g carbs, 75g fat. Haven't done a cycle in 10 years but not my first either.

What am I missing? I really want some capped shoulders and sub-15 % BF. My goal is to recomp. Currently 200lbs at 21%BF M37. Cutting is hard because of my thyroid disease.

Chest & Triceps
Dumbbell Bench Press (weight is each dumbbell)
12 x 60 x 5
12 x 40 x 4 (trying to get in more volume)

Incline Bench Press (weight is each dumbbell)
12 x 44 x 6
12 x 28 x 2 (trying to get in more volume)

Pec Flys (on floor) (weight is each dumbbell)
12 x 40 x 6

Standing Tricep Extensions
12 x 40 x 6

Skull Crusher
12 x 28 x 6

Kickbacks (weight is each dumbbell)
12 x 23 x 6

Shoulder & Forearms

Standing Floor Raises (weight is each dumbbell)
12 x 28 x 6

Laterial raises (weight is each dumbbell)
12 x 10 x 8
12 x 5 x 2

Arnold Press (weight is each dumbbell)
12 x 18 x 3
12 x 10 x 3

Rear Delts (weight is each dumbbell)
12 x 10 x 6

Front Delts (weight is each dumbbell)
12 x 10 x 6

Forearm Curls (weight is each dumbbell)
12 x 48 x 6

Legs

Goblet Squat
12 x 60 x 8

Squat (weight is each dumbbell)
12 x 44 x 6

Frog Squat
12 x 60 x 6

Weighted Lunges (weight is each dumbbell)
12 x 28 x 6

Calf Raises (weight is each dumbbell)
20 x 53 x 6

Back and Biceps

Tripod Row
12 x 40 x 8

Bentover Row (weight is each dumbbell)
12 x 23 x 8

Shrugs (weight is each dumbbell)
12 x 40 x 8

Concentration Curls (weight is each dumbbell)
12 x 18 x 8

Standing Curls (weight is each dumbbell)
12 x 28 x 8

Hammer Curls (weight is each dumbbell)
12 x 23 x 6

Abs (2X A WEEK)

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Whatever training you did natural that works for you will work on gear. Just on gear your going to be stronger and able to squeeze out more reps. Nothing really changes other then your speed of progression.

With that said, it's not magic and unless you have wicked genetics or you're an extreme responder to gear don't expect any miracles on your first cycle. Your strength should go up your body composition should improve and you should pack weight on twice as fast as before.

You might get capped delts on your first cycle or it might take five cycles. You will know after 6 weeks or so how you respond if your diet and training is on point

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Whatever training you did natural that works for you will work on gear. Just on gear your going to be stronger and able to squeeze out more reps. Nothing really changes other then your speed of progression.

With that said, it's not magic and unless you have wicked genetics or you're an extreme responder to gear don't expect any miracles on your first cycle. Your strength should go up your body composition should improve and you should pack weight on twice as fast as before.

You might get capped delts on your first cycle or it might take five cycles. You will know after 6 weeks or so how you respond if your diet and training is on point
He's going for the kinobidy @Smont You know with the capped delts and all

BuffHairyPotter

BuffHairyPotter

Awards

Thanks for the input.

I have done several cycles in the past but was 10 years ago so I am looking at this as starting again. I responded very well in the past but wouldn't say I'm an extreme responder.

My next cycle I am planning is 400mg tren, 300mg dhb, 250mg test e. I have experience with tren in my past with almost 0 sides and close to a extreme responder. I am treating this one as putting my toes back into the water prior to jumping in.

I just want to make sure I'm not missing any muscle groups or not enough volume in certain areas. I have awesome leg genetics so I don't really have to go as hard there to have massive legs.

As far as cap delts..... some people care about biceps, some about abs, cap delts is just my personal goal. I know to get there I need to work all heads of the delt and get my volume in (as well as lower bf).

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My next cycle I am planning is 400mg tren, 300mg dhb, 250mg test e….
I just want to make sure I'm not missing any muscle groups or not enough volume in certain areas. I have awesome leg genetics so I don't really have to go as hard there to have massive legs.
With the thyroid…and what sounds like quite a limited home gym, I personally wouldn’t even recommend gear…Certainly not tren.

I dunno man, “not wanting to go hard” doesn’t really mesh with anabolics either.

I just think you can get further, before jumping back on cycle….Good luck man!

BuffHairyPotter

BuffHairyPotter

Awards
With the thyroid…and what sounds like quite a limited home gym, I personally wouldn’t even recommend gear…Certainly not tren.

I dunno man, “not wanting to go hard” doesn’t really mesh with anabolics either.

Thyroid stuff doesn't go away, it's really not a factor it's a genetic thing.

So you say with only a home gym no gear. What's my work out missing?

BuffHairyPotter

BuffHairyPotter

Awards

Was just saing I don't have to on legs specifically. I have huge quads and calfs with little effort

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Since you’re limited on your home gym, I would throw in some pull-ups on back/bicep day, and the day you go to the gym maybe do some barbell bench.
And I would put the T-bol at the end of your cycle, the last 6 weeks. The oral kicker, while it sounds good and satisfies the impatience of wanting to see something quickly, it’s really not the most optimal way for orals. When you start a cycle with an oral, your lipids get trashed early and that lasts the whole cycle. You also are taking more compounds in the beginning, so instead of increasing as you go and progressively building through the whole cycle, you pretty much shoot your wad early and the cycle usually fizzles out and slows down towards the end. On the other hand, if you start with your Test and add the T-bol later in the cycle you will progressively get gains throughout and feel much better longer, which makes for a much more enjoyable cycle.

BuffHairyPotter

BuffHairyPotter

Awards
Since you’re limited on your home gym, I would throw in some pull-ups on back/bicep day, and the day you go to the gym maybe do some barbell bench.
And I would put the T-bol at the end of your cycle, the last 6 weeks. The oral kicker, while it sounds good and satisfies the impatience of wanting to see something quickly, it’s really not the most optimal way for orals. When you start a cycle with an oral, your lipids get trashed early and that lasts the whole cycle. You also are taking more compounds in the beginning, so instead of increasing as you go and progressively building through the whole cycle, you pretty much shoot your wad early and the cycle usually fizzles out and slows down towards the end. On the other hand, if you start with your Test and add the T-bol later in the cycle you will progressively get gains throughout and feel much better longer, which makes for a much more enjoyable cycle.
Barbell bench? That's what I'm missing.... my dumbell bench is such a better exercise. Barbell bench would add absolutely nothing here.

Tbol advice. That might be asomething to consider...

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Barbell bench? That's what I'm missing.... my dumbell bench is such a better exercise. Barbell bench would add absolutely nothing here.

Tbol advice. That might be asomething to consider...
I didn’t say Barbell bench was what you were missing….just a suggestion to add something to your workout, but I disagree on which is better, because your able to press much more. But I never said trash the dumbbells, I said MAYBE add some bench in addition to because of your limitations. If you wasn’t limited then I would change your whole workout, but do want you want.

BuffHairyPotter

BuffHairyPotter

Awards
SMH.

It's either trolling on these boards or some "vet with dogshit aesthetics" (based on the profile picture) giving shitty advice.

I hear all the time how people are blasted about focusing on the compound and not more on diet and exercise. I ask some simple questions about my lifts and get blasted for using gear. I have more experience under my belt than many on here. Such a fucking dumb community. It could be supportive but it's just a bunch of fucktards giving shitty advice about don't do this while they do those things.

Barbell again would do nothing. Taxing the CNS and total volume matter more than heavy lifts. Which I accomplish. I can't even believe this is a conversation.... Like are you fucking trolling bro or just that retarded?

Again your profile pic is dogshit. I have way better aesthetics and haven't used gear in 10 years...

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
SMH.

It's either trolling on these boards or some "vet with dogshit aesthetics" (based on the profile picture) giving shitty advice.

I hear all the time how people are blasted about focusing on the compound and not more on diet and exercise. I ask some simple questions about my lifts and get blasted for using gear. I have more experience under my belt than many on here. Such a fucking dumb community. It could be supportive but it's just a bunch of fucktards giving shitty advice about don't do this while they do those things.

Barbell again would do nothing. Taxing the CNS and total volume matter more than heavy lifts. Which I accomplish. I can't even believe this is a conversation.... Like are you fucking trolling bro or just that retarded?

Again your profile pic is dogshit. I have way better aesthetics and haven't used gear in 10 years...
I have no dog in this fight but your original post asked for advice on your lifting plan, you got some advice, and you’re blasting him for it? Man he didn’t get an attitude with you or anything. Reread what you posted and what he posted. I think then you’ll see then that he was just trying to have a discussion about your plan, which you asked for.

Last edited:
gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
SMH.

I’m 58 and you actually have no idea what I look like or what I know, that could benefit you, but you sure elevated this to the extreme. Maybe you should stay away from anabolics no matter what you think you know. Again it was a SUGGESTION to ADD, not take anything away, you said you were limited in what you had access to, there are many things you could add, those were just two SUGGESTIONS, Ronnie Coleman even did barbell bench one session and then dumbbells the next bench session, which was my suggestion, but what does he know, so get your panties out of a wad tough guy, that already knows it all, why would you even ask if you know more than everyone anyway…..I’m out, enjoy

Last edited:

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I love these threads. New guys shows up, asks for advice. Receives advice. Then gets mad because he already knows better even though he was the one looking for advice, then flips out on everyone because we’re all just so stupid. Classic.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Capped delts is as capped delts does.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
SMH.

I'm not sure what I missed but you asked advice about your lifting program, I told you, if it ain't broken don't fix it.

Now if you're specifically looking for a new program that's a whole different story and it would also be a different question you should have asked.

But I'm kind of lost on what you're angry about did I miss something?

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm not sure what I missed but you asked advice about your lifting program, I told you, if it ain't broken don't fix it.

Now if you're specifically looking for a new program that's a whole different story and it would also be a different question you should have asked.

But I'm kind of lost on what you're angry about did I miss something?
He got bitchy because I suggested adding in bench press when he’s able to go to the gym, and pull-ups on back days because he said he was limited on equipment, and also told him I would add the oral at the end of his cycle. All I was doing was considering how limited he said he was and just suggesting doing dumbell bench one workout and then add barbell bench his next chest day to add variety. And I’m one that feels pull-ups and bench are tried and true, especially when you don’t have access to much equipment. I guess it hurt his feelings we didn’t all tell him he was great, awesome, and we wouldn’t change a thing, because there’s no way any of us mere mortals could say are do anything to add to his awesomeness.

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
SMH.

All I seen was people giving you their advise which you asked for. You are running gear on a beginner training program. What did you expect people to say that you should add some drag curls or hanging curls. You are doing hardly anything at all to stimulate any back development. Abs twice a week? You going to need to drop at least 20 lbs to see an ab in sight. This time could be spent doing more compound lifts. Again this is advise you asked us for.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
He’s going to get mad at you
All I seen was people giving you their advise which you asked for. You are running gear on a beginner training program. What did you expect people to say that you should add some drag curls or hanging curls. You are doing hardly anything at all to stimulate any back development. Abs twice a week? You going to need to drop at least 20 lbs to see an ab in sight. This time could be spent doing more compound lifts. Again this is advise you asked us for.
04FAD31D-1FF2-4C6E-9D48-69A33053C1B6.jpeg

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
He got bitchy because I suggested adding in bench press when he’s able to go to the gym, and pull-ups on back days because he said he was limited on equipment, and also told him I would add the oral at the end of his cycle. All I was doing was considering how limited he said he was and just suggesting doing dumbell bench one workout and then add barbell bench his next chest day to add variety. And I’m one that feels pull-ups and bench are tried and true, especially when you don’t have access to much equipment. I guess it hurt his feelings we didn’t all tell him he was great, awesome, and we wouldn’t change a thing, because there’s no way any of us mere mortals could say are do anything to add to his awesomeness.
I missed all that, if I was limited on equipment and the amount of weight I could use then I wouldn't be running a cycle in the first place.

Or

I would spend a couple weeks putting together some extra equipment.

You can usually find a cheap o barbell set with 300lbs of weight for $300-400

I know someone is probably going to say, I don't have 300-400 to spend on that. Well, if that's the case then you don't have enough money gear and the amount of food to grow. And your priorities are fucked up.

That's not directed at anyone, just my humble opinion

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Also, a planet fitness or similar type of gym membership can be purchased for $20 a month in most places.

That's going to beat 99% of home gyms.

Ya it sucks only having 75lb dumbbells to work with, but you can do some heavy incline bench in the Smith machine, following that up with some machines and then use the dumbbells for a finisher. Some goes for every other body part.

You can make it work

ZLB70

ZLB70

Awards
Also, a planet fitness or similar type of gym membership can be purchased for $20 a month in most places.

That's going to beat 99% of home gyms.

Ya it sucks only having 75lb dumbbells to work with, but you can do some heavy incline bench in the Smith machine, following that up with some machines and then use the dumbbells for a finisher. Some goes for every other body part.

You can make it work
I never understood why people acted like you can’t get a good workout in at planet fitness. Not saying it’s the best but it’ll work for sure

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I never understood why people acted like you can’t get a good workout in at planet fitness. Not saying it’s the best but it’ll work for sure
I have a home gym, mostly free weights and a power rack but I've got over 500 lb to move down there.

The boxing gym I go to is fully equipped with power racks, Olympic and bumper plates, dumbbells that go up to 100 lb, there's even circus dumbbells and some strongman equipment.

I have a buddy who's a personal trainer who has his own gym that I go to from time to time.

And then I have a planet fitness membership. I do a lot of traveling for work and it comes in handy Plus for $20 a month the tanning and massage bed is a worth $20 alone.

I would say without a doubt some of my best workouts are done at a planet fitness. I'm obviously not setting PRS on bench press and deadlift there, but that's where I can really focus not be worried about showing off with weights and get that mind muscle connection or a killer pump.

If you're up high level amateur or professional heavyweight bodybuilder then yeah of course it's not going to work for you as you're main gym, but I'm not super strong but I still think I'm stronger than the large majority of people my size and the large majority of people that go to a commercial gym, 360 bench/508 deadlift and I have no problem getting a good workout in a pf, so unless your benching 450+ and deadlifting/squatting 700+ then a planet fitness will work just fine for you

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Honestly planet fitness does work great when you're on a cut. You're not going too heavy anyways and most important they have plenty of cardio. No waiting for machines ever! Crunch or 24 hiur fitness has 3 or 4 stepmills plant fitness has 15 that right there is worth the 20$

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I missed all that, if I was limited on equipment and the amount of weight I could use then I wouldn't be running a cycle in the first place.

Or

I would spend a couple weeks putting together some extra equipment.

You can usually find a cheap o barbell set with 300lbs of weight for $300-400

I know someone is probably going to say, I don't have 300-400 to spend on that. Well, if that's the case then you don't have enough money gear and the amount of food to grow. And your priorities are fucked up.

That's not directed at anyone, just my humble opinion
Exactly, everyone was respectfully making suggestions about what he could do with what he said he had, but man he acted like using a barbell was stupid when you have dumbbells, pretty ridiculous. Both have their place and both can be effective when done properly.

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Honestly planet fitness does work great when you're on a cut. You're not going too heavy anyways and most important they have plenty of cardio. No waiting for machines ever! Crunch or 24 hiur fitness has 3 or 4 stepmills plant fitness has 15 that right there is worth the 20$
My pf only has 4 step mills and 7000 treadmill

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Exactly, everyone was respectfully making suggestions about what he could do with what he said he had, but man he acted like using a barbell was stupid when you have dumbbells, pretty ridiculous. Both have their place and both can be effective when done properly.
Oooooo got ya, it was one of those tell me exactly what I want to hear type deals.

I also just went back to read the original post again.

Just wanted to add that there is nothing at all synergistic about t4 and mk677.

T4 and hgh on the other hand is a different story.

When you add t4 and metformin to hgh and seems to make the GH work better.

It's like putting a fancy dress and some high heals on your side bitch for a hot date lol.

But mk677 is not hgh, not even close. 2 different animals that serve 2 different purposes

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’m 58 and you actually have no idea what I look like or what I know, that could benefit you, but you sure elevated this to the extreme. Maybe you should stay away from anabolics no matter what you think you know. Again it was a SUGGESTION to ADD, not take anything away, you said you were limited in what you had access to, there are many things you could add, those were just two SUGGESTIONS, Ronnie Coleman even did barbell bench one session and then dumbbells the next bench session, which was my suggestion, but what does he know, so get your panties out of a wad tough guy, that already knows it all, why would you even ask if you know more than everyone anyway…..I’m out, enjoy
yea fuk this guy. I can't believe what an absolute douche bag this a$$hole is. step back jack! hes pressing 60 lb dumbbells~!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
yea fuk this guy. I can't believe what an absolute douche bag this a$$hole is. step back jack! hes pressing 60 lb dumbbells~!
Ha, yeah my thoughts exactly when he said he could get more out of benching 60 lbs dumbbells over benching with a barbell. He actually got offended I even suggested to add the barbell bench for chest and pull-ups for upper back, but then I got to thinking he probably can’t do a pull-up.😂

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ha, yeah my thoughts exactly when he said he could get more out of benching 60 lbs dumbbells over benching with a barbell. He actually got offended I even suggested to add the barbell bench for chest and pull-ups for upper back, but then I got to thinking he probably can’t do a pull-up.
He may not be able to bench much more than 135 AND he wants to do a cycle.

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Same. I trained at a Planet Fitness for a few years straight and never had an issue. The one I went to they were cool and never used that dumb lunk alarm or whatever they call it.

mTOR25

mTOR25

Awards
Same. I trained at a Planet Fitness for a few years straight and never had an issue. The one I went to they were cool and never used that dumb lunk alarm or whatever they call it.
It highly depends on the location and the people who work there! I went one time and left because they blared the alarm because I **** you not I was doing isometric contractions after my lifts!?? Yes they alarmed me because I was "flexing"!!! I'll never go back again luckily I was just with a friend who worked out there but she was a heavy lifter but it was close to her house and what not?

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It highly depends on the location and the people who work there! I went one time and left because they blared the alarm because I **** you not I was doing isometric contractions after my lifts!?? Yes they alarmed me because I was "flexing"!!! I'll never go back again luckily I was just with a friend who worked out there but she was a heavy lifter but it was close to her house and what not?
That’s crazy…. I couldn’t imagine somebody saying “Hey no flexing at the gym.” I guess they are afraid that muscle envy will offend some people. Man oh man, so many things in this world seems to offend others. Everything would be so much better if people would just toughen up and not let things bother them, because it makes life so much easier.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Everything would be so much better if people would just toughen up and not let things bother them, because it makes life so much easier.
Agreed! Everyone gets butt hurt if you even look at them the wrong way :LOL: