New to Supplements, please help.

t3stxlr4titud

t3stxlr4titud

Awards
  • Established
I'm new to taking supplements. I bought N.O. Xplode and some GNC brand Creatine, are those good supplements to start with?

Are there any (supplements) that you would recommend (and what purpose do they serve?) I'm not trying to gain weight just get stronger. Also if you have any tips on maximizing my time in the gym please let me know. thanks.
Dear Frotsmud,

if you wish to grow up big and strong llike TF, you dont need now supplements or steroids. TF goes NUTS. Just eat 10lbs of raw meat, raw eggs and milk.

-TF

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Easy. GREAT ADVICE man. This is exactly how I started out "dieting". Making gradual changes that turned into habit. It made the transition soo much easier.

The Talapia recipie sounds good with the exception of the Talapia ( I am not a big seafood fan :)). I might try it and substitute a big ole chicken breast.
Ever tried "blackened talapia"? It's pretty good stuff if you can find a resturaunt that makes it right. Changed my views altogether about fish and other creatures of the sea.

I like what most people have to say about the diet aspects of things. Making gradual changes is a great way to slowy ease your way into a process of behavioral change. Let's face it, a diet isn't a diet so much as it's a behavioral modification. I started out just switching cereals in High School. Went from eating fruity pebbles(RIP:sad:), to flax cereal.... and the process was on.

Once you get to a state in which you eat clean foods on a constant basis, it actually gets harder to cheat. Try eating clean for 2wks, and by clean I mean low sodium, moderate fat and moderate sugars. After two weeks, take you a trip to the Waffle House and have a grand waffle with all the syrup you can stand.

The physiological response I experienced from a similiar scenario really opened my eyes to how great healthy diet really is.

kbtoy31

kbtoy31

Awards
  • Established
Ever tried "blackened talapia"? It's pretty good stuff if you can find a resturaunt that makes it right. Changed my views altogether about fish and other creatures of the sea.

I like what most people have to say about the diet aspects of things. Making gradual changes is a great way to slowy ease your way into a process of behavioral change. Let's face it, a diet isn't a diet so much as it's a behavioral modification. I started out just switching cereals in High School. Went from eating fruity pebbles(RIP:sad:), to flax cereal.... and the process was on.

Once you get to a state in which you eat clean foods on a constant basis, it actually gets harder to cheat. Try eating clean for 2wks, and by clean I mean low sodium, moderate fat and moderate sugars. After two weeks, take you a trip to the Waffle House and have a grand waffle with all the syrup you can stand.

The physiological response I experienced from a similiar scenario really opened my eyes to how great healthy diet really is.

You're def. right about all of that. I don't mind eating the "healthy" way at all. I guess I'm lucky in the way I never liked salty foods too much. The only thing I'll put salt on is a potato and even then its a little bit of sea salt. The way I like to eat is naturally healthy, most of the time anyway. Who doesn't like a cheesesteak every once in awhile or some good pizza. Unless you're a vegan. I was fat in my early years of puberty and I made a decision that I never wanted to be that way again. Now I can't gain weight when I want to. so after all those years of eating foods that are good for you it becomes second nature. And it's exactly what you said Grimace, behavior modification. Sorry i can't make your name out and I see your avy and that's what I think of. Is it something lead to greatness?
but even still I like to enjoy some Fruity Pebbles every now and again just as much as the next guy. Or some Cap'n Crunch mmmmmm yummy.

Frotsmud

Awards
yo

so i have taken your advice gotten my diet up to par (for some part). i have also stopped gettin so many supplements i have stuck to a protein powder and some glutamine. I have questions about the protein powder though. What is the best brand of protein powder that is on the market (by best i mean best value)?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
whatever you get cheapest per lb :) its hard to say for sure. There are sales that sometimes can take it down, like for instance in general i'd say All the Whey or Trueprotein (board sponsors) have some of the best pricing, but sometimes GNC or vitamin shoppe have a combination of coupons + sales that make a differences.

JDF

Awards
  • Established
i'd check out All The Whey, good pricing and free shipping + i've never seen a bad review of their flavors