New Car for my Wife

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Chad, I just picked up the Lexus IS a few months ago. Something you should know about the IS250's is that you can get a CONSIDERABLE amount of money knocked off the MSRP on the fully loaded ones (~$5000+).

I know nothing of the Caddilac as I did not even consider it, but from my research the C300 is the worst choice out of the cars in that class. If her sole reason for wanting the Mercedes is because of the 6-speed manual, then def look into the Lexus. It also comes in a 6-speed manual. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.
thanks for the tip bro. the Lexus is for sure my 2nd pick. the wife is off all weekend so she`ll be going to test drive them. ireally like that the 08 CTS will have 300hp. but its not my car so we`ll see.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
thanks for the tip bro. the Lexus is for sure my 2nd pick. the wife is off all weekend so she`ll be going to test drive them. ireally like that the 08 CTS will have 300hp. but its not my car so we`ll see.
do do what my dad did, convince her having more horse power is a safety feature since if you need to get the hell out the way of someone or something barreling down on you you need to have a responsive pedal with enough juice to save your ass :D got my pops into a twin turbo Supra LOL

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
do do what my dad did, convince her having more horse power is a safety feature since if you need to get the hell out the way of someone or something barreling down on you you need to have a responsive pedal with enough juice to save your ass :D got my pops into a twin turbo Supra LOL
a Supra huh? thats a sweet car.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ill say, fastest f'in car ive ever drivin.... 2 turbos is crazy fun. it was a 6 speed as well.

EESCHMan

Awards
  • Established
Not to be a jerk or anything, but why does she (or anyone for that matter) need 300hp?

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i like them. i like RX-7`s too but id never get one. im a Camaro, Trans Am and Corvette guy.
ya his best bud at the time had the TT RX-7 as well, it was awesome, both of them red, both lowered on rims and both with sick exhausts and blow offs... def fun to look at, watch and drive.... but im with you, im a chev man, my first car was a 62 nova and my dream car is a 68 or 69 RS/SS Camaro. mmmm american horsepower.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
you've all overlooked the ultimate sports car........ Nissan Skyline GTR 33 or 34 (33 much cheaper option) would eat alive any of those yank tanks you've been talking about!

Or even a Honda S2000. Japan is where its at!

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Pretty much just Holdens which i cant stand! Like i said Poopy Japan is where its all. GM is going out of business. American cars are junk.

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
you've all overlooked the ultimate sports car........ Nissan Skyline GTR 33 or 34 (33 much cheaper option) would eat alive any of those yank tanks you've been talking about!

Or even a Honda S2000. Japan is where its at!
sorry buddy but a 07 ZO6 would hand the skyline its ass.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
and you wouldnt have to import it.... no skyline is sold in the US... do they even make a left side drive skyline? guess it dont matter to you being in australia... you guys drive on the left, right?.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Holdens and fords, every taxi and 95% of cop cars here are holdens or fords, poorly made ugly cars.

The fastest car I have driven was just last night, an r33 runing 1.3bar boost, was pretty crazy but no1 wanted to race cause you can hear the blow off valve from a block away. strangly enough both times I opened it up I passed a cop, surprised I didnt get pulled over.

Once you go turbo you never go back, you can have a 400HP naturally aspirated car, but you will never feel geforce on it like a 200hp turbo car.

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Holdens and fords, every taxi and 95% of cop cars here are holdens or fords, poorly made ugly cars.

The fastest car I have driven was just last night, an r33 runing 1.3bar boost, was pretty crazy but no1 wanted to race cause you can hear the blow off valve from a block away. strangly enough both times I opened it up I passed a cop, surprised I didnt get pulled over.

Once you go turbo you never go back, you can have a 400HP naturally aspirated car, but you will never feel geforce on it like a 200hp turbo car.

i drove a 02 911 turbo once. ill take the ZO6

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
And turbo it yea? How can you not love the feeling of coming on boost?
it was nice but i like getting pinned back in my seat with power. V8`s just are my cup of tea. i have no problem with skylines.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
have you drivin a good V8??? seriously theres no need for a turbo its like havin a turbo the whole time and a slam back in the seat every time you change gears..... its pretty intense and ive driven plenty of both... my best freind also has a 2002 WRX with the 2004 300hp STI engine and a T3 turbo in it... def fun, although my other freinds 69 el camino SS 396 (actually has a 454 :twisted:) will still beats it in the quarter mile and will keep you pinned the entire time not just when the turbo kicks in.

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
have you drivin a good V8??? seriously theres no need for a turbo its like havin a turbo the whole time and a slam back in the seat every time you change gears..... its pretty intense and ive driven plenty of both... my best freind also has a 2002 WRX with the 2004 300hp STI engine and a T3 turbo in it... def fun, although my other freinds 69 el camino with a 454 will still beats it in the quarter mile and will keep you pinned the entire time not just when the turbo kicks in.
:goodpost: :hammer:

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
thats not even his 66 nova with a 4.11 posi and a LS6 ( cant remember the tranny but its also sick....) with forced induction functional cowl hood wich if it can get hook up will just FLY... problem is he needs some slicks (and probally a wheely bar) to actually run it at the track for a viable time.

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
so anyways.......... my wife wants a car with some balls and in a 6 speed. and thats fine with me.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
actual pics of both my freinds cars off their myspaces.
both are taken care of by their folks still and ALL there money gets to go into there cars... i work my ass off for all i got... oh well....

mmmm i miss my nova......

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
tbh I havent driven a fast NA car, but I have sat in them, you dont feel it pulling you back in the same way as a turbo does, I know what you mean by a V8 throwing you back in your seat, I cant explain it but a turbo is a diffrent feeling which I prefere.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
lik ei said ive driven both.. the only dif fis that the turbo kicks in mid acceleration every gear, i stil prefer a V8 slam... you been in a 11-12 sec v-8???

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Nah but I would imagine its the simular sort of geforce as an airplane starts its run on the ground where you just get thrown back and you stay there without bothering to fight it or see it coming. With turbos I think the gforce is more gradual and it builds up as its still going so you have fun trying to fight it, and as a driver you can feel your car spool up before it kicks in. NA is good cause of even power throughout the revs which makes for more easy and refined driving, but turbos are a bargain, you get power very easily with less $$ and you get much better fuel economy vs an equally fast car.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
agreed, my mother has a turbo deisel VW bug and it gets 40mpg intown and is still pretty balsy... turbos are def valuable, just for all out power id prefer a good strong motor and if anything a blower (supercharger)

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
There's no replacement for displacement. Unreasonable people can assume that turbo charging and super charging are replacements - but that's not true. Because anything you can do to a small engine can also be done to a large engine.

A V8 with higher displacement than a v6 is faster.
A V8 with higher displacement and forced induction is faster than a v6 with forced induction.

In the end, when comparing apples to apples (two engines with equal add-ons), the engine with the higher displacement can move weight faster. So the bottom line is, in the very end, there's no replacement for displacement.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
:wtf: :fool2: :FUfinger:
Its true, GM is in dire straits...anyway enough about that.

Poopy our cars are right hand drive. I was confused as hell even just trying to cross the roads in the US.......it just looks plain weird being on the left side.:blink:

Anyways that Rexy is a pretty damn fine looking car. Another personal favourite.