Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Congrats!

And i'll continue the nerd with ...
Just got one of my babies back graded and sealed today.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I used to collect Spawn action figures when I was probably age 6 and up. They're almost the only toys I still have from my youth stored away, besides a few special items.

Spawn was entirely too dark for a kid that young, but I always loved it.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Trying to think back to my childhood toys,

Mainly basic army men, some model cars I did, plenty of Hot Wheels and a few RC cars...

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Man my childhood was all Legos. I never really had or got into action figures or anything and wasn't allowed video games. My mom bought me an n64 when I was a sr. in high school (it was prob 5+ yrs old at that time) as kind of a joke ha. I loved it tho and took it to college where we used it more than the new systems except to play drinking madden.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Lego for sure, had a couple powered Kinex vehicles too

Not near as fun to build as Lego, but the finished car models and such were at least fun to mess around with after building

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had a ton of legos and Pokemon toys. I also remember the DBZ silver/gold figurines from Burger King.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Reminds me: McDonalds collectible toys, anyone here keep them?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My mom may still have a bunch of mine. At one point, she had them all in a storage bin. Full sets of multiple series.

And talking of childhood toys, definitely TMNT and GI Joe action figures. And toooons of dinosaurs.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Mc danks did a thing with coke a while back, they release these special edition coke glasses if you bought enough food. Needless to say I got my parents 12, all mismatched colors.... I was fat and poor after that. Still using them tho all these years later.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
My mom never let us eat at mcdonalds ha. Come to think of it I wasn't allowed to do a lot of the typical "unhealthy" things and yet was still chubby, short, and unathletic ha. Unfortunate genetics - queue the lifelong battle with DNA

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My mom may still have a bunch of mine. At one point, she had them all in a storage bin. Full sets of multiple series.

And talking of childhood toys, definitely TMNT and GI Joe action figures. And toooons of dinosaurs.
Man I had ALL the dinosaurs

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
A Dinosaur fad is a necessary stage of male development, pretty sure.

Everyone I know was into it at one point. I did fossil kits and skeleton assembly for a few dinos too

And owned all the Land Before Time movies

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A Dinosaur fad is a necessary stage of male development, pretty sure.

Everyone I know was into it at one point. I did fossil kits and skeleton assembly for a few dinos too

And owned all the Land Before Time movies
Now that you mention it, that sounds very familiar. I think I remember having to chisel some bones out and stuff.

And Land Before Time was great. For extra nerd points:

This is pretty funny too:

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Now that you mention it, that sounds very familiar. I think I remember having to chisel some bones out and stuff.
Hahahahaha y'all don't have anything on me, I went outside and dug a massive hole one day looking for Dino bones. Needless to say it was messy and I didn't find anything.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Man my childhood was all Legos. I never really had or got into action figures or anything and wasn't allowed video games. My mom bought me an n64 when I was a sr. in high school (it was prob 5+ yrs old at that time) as kind of a joke ha. I loved it tho and took it to college where we used it more than the new systems except to play drinking madden.
Drinking Bond was glorious! My friend and I used to play Super SF2 for HOURS. He would be Vega every single match and I would normally be Ken. Fire Dragon Uppercut FTW

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established

I sat downstairs in my basement when I was like 12 or 13 and shot mine apart with my bb gun. Bb gun sidenote: my brother and I used to play American Gladiators with our bb guns....LOL

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Dino's are for sure a male right of passage. I wanted to be an archaeologist my whole life (and really still do) but my parents convinced me that it wasn't a very realistic field as there's not really many jobs and they pay crap. I realized I wanted money too so I used my other nerd talents in math and science and become an engineer instead ha.

If I ever hit the lotto or something you can bet your ass I'm quitting this job and digging in the dirt for fun things for the rest of my days

Also, Chomper ftw.

KlutzyLifter

KlutzyLifter

Awards
Dino's are for sure a male right of passage. I wanted to be an archaeologist my whole life (and really still do) but my parents convinced me that it wasn't a very realistic field as there's not really many jobs and they pay crap. I realized I wanted money too so I used my other nerd talents in math and science and become an engineer instead ha.

If I ever hit the lotto or something you can bet your ass I'm quitting this job and digging in the dirt for fun things for the rest of my days

Also, Chomper ftw.
There's a children's museum here that had a dinosaur exhibit where you could "find" fossils. It was my favourite section!

And Land Before Time!!!!!!! The best!

And Land Before Time was great. For extra nerd points:

This is pretty funny too:

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
There's a children's museum here that had a dinosaur exhibit where you could "find" fossils. It was my favourite section!

And Land Before Time!!!!!!! The best!
Where I grew up (pittsburgh) has the Carnegie museum which is one of, if not the, best fossil museum in the world. So much fun. I meant to go when I was home over xmas but didn't have time

KlutzyLifter

KlutzyLifter

Awards
Where I grew up (pittsburgh) has the Carnegie museum which is one of, if not the, best fossil museum in the world. So much fun. I meant to go when I was home over xmas but didn't have time
Driven2lift Road trip? :)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Anyone else love the Nightmare Before Christmas?? I watched it so much when I was like 8 my dad threatened to take it away because he was worried it'd screw me up lol

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
For anyone interested, I just noticed that Cartoon Network has finally picked up dragon ball super (full English dub). Can't wait to see it

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For anyone interested, I just noticed that Cartoon Network has finally picked up dragon ball super (full English dub). Can't wait to see it
I'm excited for that! I watched several episodes with subtitles, but it'll be better with a real English dub.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Anyone else love the Nightmare Before Christmas?? I watched it so much when I was like 8 my dad threatened to take it away because he was worried it'd screw me up lol
Never seen it.

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm watching db super right now with the Subs. My Japanese is really poor but I can actually make out somethings they are saying but the higher pitched voices kill me. I'm currently right in the beerus/Goku battle.

KlutzyLifter

KlutzyLifter

Awards
Yes!!!

I watch it at least once every Halloween and Christmas.
I love Tim Burton

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'm excited for that! I watched several episodes with subtitles, but it'll be better with a real English dub.
I'm watching db super right now with the Subs. My Japanese is really poor but I can actually make out somethings they are saying but the higher pitched voices kill me. I'm currently right in the beerus/Goku battle.
I've been holding off watching. Subtitles drive me nuts ha. I had heard a rumor it was gonna be out this summer so I was shocked to see it on last night.

They also are working into the buu saga for dbz kai and then they had a new gundam series as well. They just finished iron blooded orphans which was pretty good.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm so happy this thread went in a dino direction ?

Land Before Time was amazing, but I cried so much over Little Foot's mom. The Good Dinosaur made me cry the other year, too lol.

I, too, wanted to be a paleontologist or archaeologist growing up. Knew all the full scientific names of all the dinosaurs when I was a kid.

The college where I work just started offering a new geology course called Dinosaurs and Disasters.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Super is solid. The black Goku saga was one of the best. But the ending was super lame

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
I'm so happy this thread went in a dino direction ��

Land Before Time was amazing, but I cried so much over Little Foot's mom. The Good Dinosaur made me cry the other year, too lol.

I, too, wanted to be a paleontologist or archaeologist growing up. Knew all the full scientific names of all the dinosaurs when I was a kid.

The college where I work just started offering a new geology course called Dinosaurs and Disasters.
The Good Dinosaur was an awesome movie

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The Good Dinosaur was an awesome movie
I wasn't fan to be honest. A good movie is lone survivor. That's a good ass movie

The Incredibles is another, can't wait for incredibles 2 to come out

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
I wasn't fan to be honest. A good movie is lone survivor. That's a good ass movie

The Incredibles is another, can't wait for incredibles 2 to come out
First, shut your yap.....haha lone survivor was a good movie. So was 13 hours. Incredibles is bad@ss as well. But that part where the boy and the dino were drunk off fermented fruit, classic....Good Dinosaur was a good movie....haha

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I'm so happy this thread went in a dino direction

Me 3 for a brief time

Earth Sciences was my intended major when I got to University here, I took a bunch of their course offerings towards my general science first year. (I ended up doing best in chemistry instead, despite my lab partner dropping out mid-term, and moved into chem eng. instead)

They were the easiest, least mathematically intense science courses I've ever taken so if anyone is interested in getting extra credits I'd suggest it to anyone who finds geology genuinely interesting.

You need good eyes for some of the first year courses though lol. Rock type identification is a big section (I swear the rest is interesting)

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
First, shut your yap.....haha lone survivor was a good movie. So was 13 hours. Incredibles is bad@ss as well. But that part where the boy and the dino were drunk off fermented fruit, classic....Good Dinosaur was a good movie....haha
Graphically it's a great movie, but it just didn't appeal much to me for whatever reason. My parents and sister love it tho.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Super is solid. The black Goku saga was one of the best. But the ending was super lame
DONT RUIN IT!!!!

You can see we didn't watch it yet ha

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
First one to hit the lotto starts an archaeology company and hired the rest of this group, deal?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First one to hit the lotto starts an archaeology company and hired the rest of this group, deal?
Absolutely deal

Then we start a supp company that makes dinosaur protein

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Absolutely deal

Then we start a supp company that makes dinosaur protein
I fee like I've seen a Dino based company. Can't remember the name tho

Edit: found it ha IMG_1484505730.198963.jpg

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
^Just yes.

Can the pre be called Tyrannical Tetradactyl ?

Burner- Raptor Ripped

PH: Jurassic Juice

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm dying. I love this so much.

Also, that company made me lol hard. Yowza.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Driven2lift Company Promotions 0
Supplement Logs 8
Jayhawkk General Chat 6