Nerdy Lifters' Corner

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's awesome man. When my parents divorced all my snes stuff went missing. Didn't realize it until a few years ago when I went looking for it. We only have maybe ten games now. Sad.
That hit a nerve with me! We moved around a lot when I was a kid, and in one of them my mom threw out a long box with a majority of my comics. I had some really old Spider-Man, first pressings of xmen, lots of good Spider-Man stuff from the early nineties. I've seen some of the stuff I had on display at cons for hundreds of dollars. Don't think I'll ever be able to throw anything away ever lol

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If Tolkien counts, then I'm definitely in lol. I have all the regular and extended editions of all the films. Saw all 3 LOTR and Hobbit films in theaters (in iMAX and/or 3D whenever I had access, too; and a few midnight showings).

Haven't read any of the Harry Potter books, but have seen all the movies (only started watching them in college because a girl I had a crush on was a fan -- go figure lol). But I really enjoyed them. Just saw Fantastic Beasts the other week and absolutely loved all the creatures. Felt like a little kid.

Pokemon took off after my time, but I still have TONS of baseball/basketball cards tucked away and had a lot of Starting Lineups, too.

Also (sadly lol) went through a phase with pogs and Beanie Babies...smh.

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Pogs. Omg. How could I forget pogs. I had some awesome slammers. A few giant fat ones and one that was rubber and smelled like berries. Remember the tubes to keep the pogs together. I had like three of the big ones. Lol. This is the best thread ever.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've got a ton of RPGs. I've played D & D since the Basic edition. I'm proud to say I've played all editions released thus far, and I also used to be into White Wolf LARP as well. I've also participated in boffer weapon LARPs as well.

I'll put up some pics of all my gaming books when I get a chance.

Never got much into Pokemon, but also love Tolkien and read mostly fantasy novels (my favorites are Ed Greenwood and R.A. Salvatore of Forgotten Realms fame). I also like horror and am a big Stephen King, Clive Barker and Neil Gaiman fan.

And, of course, Game of Thrones. I just wish George R.R. Martin would hurry up and release his next book!

Also a huge Walking Dead fan.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Pogs. Omg. How could I forget pogs. I had some awesome slammers. A few giant fat ones and one that was rubber and smelled like berries. Remember the tubes to keep the pogs together. I had like three of the big ones. Lol. This is the best thread ever.
Dude! I had the blueberry rubber slammer too haha. I didn't have quite that many logs but def a tube or two.

Still have a ton of Pokémon cards sitting at my moms house back in pitt. I'll have to see what's there next time i go home as I know I had some awesome ones.

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Dude! I had the blueberry rubber slammer too haha. I didn't have quite that many logs but def a tube or two.

Still have a ton of Pokémon cards sitting at my moms house back in pitt. I'll have to see what's there next time i go home as I know I had some awesome ones.
Thing was awesome. That rubber made for a great slammer. Lol. I know I don't have any one those left.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
[video=youtube;M_UR201plc8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_UR201plc8[/video]

KlutzyLifter

KlutzyLifter

Awards
That hit a nerve with me! We moved around a lot when I was a kid, and in one of them my mom threw out a long box with a majority of my comics. I had some really old Spider-Man, first pressings of xmen, lots of good Spider-Man stuff from the early nineties. I've seen some of the stuff I had on display at cons for hundreds of dollars. Don't think I'll ever be able to throw anything away ever lol
Same boat! When my parents split most of my childhood stuff stayed at my dad's house. When he sold it when I was in high school a bunch of my stuff was just never seen again (like my set of Nancy Drew books and my whole first 150 set of Pokémon cards).

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
As games advance, I continue to live in the past...Tecmo bowl baby!

classic.jpg

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow! All of these responses made me remember a few things.
1. How did i miss pokemon!? I still play it to this day. Currently playing yellow version virtual on the ds
2. My pog career was short lived. :/ kid down the street owned me.
3. I had a huge 3 ring binder with all my x-men trading cards. More than half were stolen at school one day and i never recovered them.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Wow cool thread.

I no longer consider myself a true gaming/collectibles nerd, given I now have zero collectibles. I sold a Yi Gi Oh deck for near $500 and that was the end of it all. When i was younger I used to collect magazines and comics of all sorts, play the MMOs of the day (runescape, WOW etc). I still have a sega megasystem and ps1 but that's about it.

I still play a games from time to time, BF1 mostly or the remastered skyrim if I have more time to kill.

Still a huge book nerd, and read 1 journal article per day, and 2 if I have the time. Starting using my work commutes to listen to podcasts and lectures.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
If reading is nerdy I'm in that club as well. Though my books are less pretty for our shelves so they hide lol

A lot of textbooks

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
If reading is nerdy I'm in that club as well. Though my books are less pretty for our shelves so they hide lol

A lot of textbooks
My gf thinks I'm the weirdest person on earth... My idea of "fun reading" on vacations: medical journals, studies, and other scholarly articles haha. I have a kindle thats literally nothing but scientific fat loss studies and books.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm with you guys on the med articles lol.

Back when I was trying to figure out what was going on before the pituitary tumor was found and none of the docs I saw had much urgency, I would pick up medical textbooks that I found on sale lol.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Haha it is, according to my friends anyway. Over new year a group of friends and I were playing touch on the beach and one of my friends was surprised I could play well, given that I read in my spare time lol.

I find I have a good balance between sports, gym, DIY and book knowledge to keep me from being compartmentalised into any one thing, it's just funny what others think of you

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Very funny what people can assume

Doubt people would guess these BB guys to have serious nerd collections at home, but the AM community proves itself awesome yet again

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I agree with Jiigzz I'm like a jack of all trades. I could dress up for comic con and feel at home. I could go and play a pick up game (any sport) and play well. I am a big DIY guy. Right now I'm learning woodworking. Just built a lazy Susan for my kids shoes and I'm about to build some benches for the front porch. That I built ;)
I love to read. It can be anything from Tolkien to the latest bb article

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Front doorway, to ward off solicitors

IMG_1483652588.127512.jpg

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Current Calendar:

IMG_1483652619.492950.jpg

Cookie Guard:

IMG_1483652630.047915.jpg

Current Puzzle:

IMG_1483652719.493171.jpg

And last but not least my typewriter

IMG_1483652755.543102.jpg

Klutzy and I both write

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
Wow cool thread.

I no longer consider myself a true gaming/collectibles nerd, given I now have zero collectibles. I sold a Yi Gi Oh deck for near $500 and that was the end of it all. When i was younger I used to collect magazines and comics of all sorts, play the MMOs of the day (runescape, WOW etc). I still have a sega megasystem and ps1 but that's about it.

I still play a games from time to time, BF1 mostly or the remastered skyrim if I have more time to kill.

Still a huge book nerd, and read 1 journal article per day, and 2 if I have the time. Starting using my work commutes to listen to podcasts and lectures.
Upvote for BF1/Skyrim lol

And I really want to start listening to podcasts/lectures on my commutes. I have a VERY lengthy drive ahead of me (UK to Italy) at the end of next month, so I could use some recommendations on sports science/training lectures and podcasts.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A few Halloweens:

Marv seems the most appropriate for this thread, but he is accompanied by Stone Cold Steve Austin, Carl Spackler (Bill Murray) from Caddyshack, and Detective Angel Batista from Dexter.

Not pictured are Chris Pratt's character from Jurassic World, out of work Ron Burgundy, Red Foo from LMFAO, and Axe Cop.

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
That angel Batista costume is on point

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
drive2lift, I heard your interview on SuppTalk last year, excellent show

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
drive2lift, I heard your interview on SuppTalk last year, excellent show
Thanks brother, had a great time in the Athletix role

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Host is kind of goofy but seems like a good guy ?

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm not really nerdy anymore, back in the day I was huge in to Pokémon, still have red, blue, emerald green, and another (fire red?) somewhere.

Handful of years ago I sold my yu-gi-oh card set for 500+ dollars, put the money towards a guitar haven't looked back.

I still play my dads old original game boy games, I'm in love with radar mission. By far one of the greatest games ever. Then there's nemesis (believe that's what it's called, been a while with college).

Used to play spyro (the little purple dragon). I have all the games from the PS1 to the most recent PS3 game. I used to sit down and play it with my dad when I was younger. Miss those days a lot.

A while back I dabbled in WoW, wasn't really my thing. I prefer games like Kerbal Space Program, empire total war etc now. Recently picked up castle story off steam, good game to kill time on, needs some work tho.

Can't forget Skyrim, and Battlefield. Still play those from time to time but I don't have next gen tech so I can't really play much more. Just cant afford the upgrade being in college.

Oh yeah can't forget about minecraft and terraria either...

I play a lot of board games that are Harry Potter or LotR based. Though I play a lot of board games in general tbh. Except monopoly, my family would probably kill eachother if we played that... But that's about it for my nerdyness. I geek out when talking about supplements and the gym with people tho.

I spend more time reading about gym related stuff than I do studying for college. Can't help it, it's just enjoyable. Most people can't read through journal studies or lab reports but I kinda like them. Guess that's why I became a personal trainer, just enjoyed talking to people about the gym.

As for collections, Calvin and Hobbes decorate my room and my laptop wallpaper. I change the wallpaper to match with the seasons... I have every single Calvin and Hobbes book known to man that I could get my hands on when I was younger. Same goes for The Far Side Gallery and Dilbert...

Lego set collection as well, mostly Star Wars but also some mars stuff and TONS of castle set stuff from a castle series legs did. Just picked up a collectible Beatles Yellow Submarine.

Other things that adorn my room walls include 3 glued together picture mosaic Peanuts puzzles. An old callender from 2013, a tag wall (take tags from stuff I buy and pin it up there, includes Corona, coke, Pepsi, alpinestars, tags from places I've been, Star Wars tags from shirts, Harry Potter tags, and many more).

I also have a huge Star Wars collection of books and logo sets with Star Wars colectable bookends (3751 out of 5000 made).

KlutzyLifter

KlutzyLifter

Awards
You have any good Bioshock stuff? I went so far as a tattoo over that game :)
Neither of us really played much Bioshock when it was released but it's on our list of "Games We Need to Play"

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
how did we all forget legos? ChocolateClen bringing maybe the greatest treasure of all time into play!

To this day I would (and most likely could) build anything out of legos. When I was like 6 I build a fully functioning gun (complete with moving slide and cocking hammer) that would actually shoot other legos out of it. And this was before all the fancy new pieces they have and motors and such. Just blocks, a few special pieces, and some rubber bands ha. My mom knew I was destined for an engineering career after that one.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
how did we all forget legos? ChocolateClen bringing maybe the greatest treasure of all time into play!

To this day I would (and most likely could) build anything out of legos. When I was like 6 I build a fully functioning gun (complete with moving slide and cocking hammer) that would actually shoot other legos out of it. And this was before all the fancy new pieces they have and motors and such. Just blocks, a few special pieces, and some rubber bands ha. My mom knew I was destined for an engineering career after that one.
Excellent, I was more of a Lincoln logs type of guy

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Don't forget K'nex!
I actually never used those...

Lincoln longs were the **** tho. I used to take the small logs and make little cannons out of them by stacking one on top of the other, and then making army guys charge the cannons were they would all end up dead because my cannons were accurate af

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Upvote for BF1/Skyrim lol

And I really want to start listening to podcasts/lectures on my commutes. I have a VERY lengthy drive ahead of me (UK to Italy) at the end of next month, so I could use some recommendations on sports science/training lectures and podcasts.
Westside Barbell Podcast. Louie Simmons is crazy, and he talks at 100mph to keep up with his thoughts, but he is a true warrior. That mf'er has forgotten more stuff about strength training than I've learned.

If you learn nothing, his ferocity will still inspire you to train harder.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Podcasts I listen to rooster teeth, jocko podcast and a few others

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Ok so I did say there was a prize,

IMG_1484105872.565051.jpg

I'll pick on Friday, if your post got love from AM (likes) or a picture included, you get bonus considerations

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Never too late, and the prize is just for fun.

Hopefully to get some more nerds to step forward

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used to wreck some noobs and tbag their moms in Diablo 2 pvp. I was basically a teenage badass. I also killed a hooker and stole her money in GTA so....

Also a big Harry Potter/LOTR/Hobbit/Starwars guy. Have about 10-15 different Star Wars legos sets. Got the big millennium falcon as a gift this Christmas.

Had these made for girlfriends Christmas last year.
IMG_1484108481.865193.jpg

My current nerdy thing is legal article publication. I have two publications and am working on my third and fourth articles.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh yeah. I prefer old school gaming systems. SNES, N64, GBC. Also the best Zelda was Link to the Past by far. And Donkey Kong on SNES was where it's at. And Doom64/Quake on 64. Yep.

thorsdad31

thorsdad31

Awards
  • Established
Never too late, and the prize is just for fun.

Hopefully to get some more nerds to step forward
Im probly one of the biggest nerds on here 6"5 285lbs lol

muskate

muskate

Awards
Ok so I did say there was a prize,

View attachment 144031

I'll pick on Friday, if your post got love from AM (likes) or a picture included, you get bonus considerations
That's really generous of you. Thanks for putting up such a fun promo!

Good luck guys :)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Forgot to add this earlier but I'm pretty sure I'm the closest around here to a complete dex for my region (North America). Only missing hitmonchan (some dbag put a mr. mine in a gym and now I have the damn shadow I can't unsee :|)

IMG_1484112321.156206.jpg

Even hatched all the new babies ;)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh yeah. I prefer old school gaming systems. SNES, N64, GBC. Also the best Zelda was Link to the Past by far. And Donkey Kong on SNES was where it's at. And Doom64/Quake on 64. Yep.
How about some Goldeneye multi-player on 64? Those were the days!

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How about some Goldeneye multi-player on 64? Those were the days!
Oddjob was banned in my house because he was too short to see.

I remember playing the campaign and there was that airplane crash with the bomb and time limit and I couldn't beat it to save my fooking life.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oddjob was banned in my house because he was too short to see.

I remember playing the campaign and there was that airplane crash with the bomb and time limit and I couldn't beat it to save my fooking life.
I only played multi-player lol. And it was always the bunker with either mines or the moonraker laser LOL.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I wasn't able to upload pics when i first responded to thread. Here is one of my small boxes. Trying to figure out which to send for grading & sealing.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I only played multi-player lol. And it was always the bunker with either mines or the moonraker laser LOL.
Ah those mines were such BS haha. Golden gun and fully automatics were what I usually played. In the bunker as well

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Driven2lift Company Promotions 0
Supplement Logs 8
Jayhawkk General Chat 6