My Transform Pics

dabolika

Awards
DUdddee.. i adore you... haha no really you are the bes!!

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
This may sound like false modesty, but believe me, it isn't.

I really do not see how what I've been able to do is anything remarkable. If anything, the remarkable thing was allowing myself to even get into that position. I should have never allowed it to happen, and all I've really done is try to fix it.

To tell the truth, I've kicked myself in the ass more than once for now starting when I was 16 or 17 like most of you. Wonder what I would have looked like now, with 10 or 15 years of lifting under my belt. I'll always be a little envious of you guys for having that time, and I'll always regret having wasted so many years sitting on my ass when I could have had so much more.
I get what you're saying, it's usually our own fault to let get to that point even, I myself was a chubby teenager but snaped out of it when I was 16.

But after that I've worked out almost constantly ever since, 7 years now, with a few setbacks here and there, and yet, I don't look nearly like that, so, really, you did EXTREMELLY well, and my props to you!

Congratulations on a job extremelly well done sir!

GOLGO 13

Awards
As this is my first post on this site, I'm glad that it was on this thread. I'm a fat older guy(early 40's) trying to not to be one any longer. So your "re-birth" is truly inspirational, especially to a guy like me.

I feel what you said about having "strength" from carrying around the excess tonnage for all those years. It's my first month in the gym and I feel my body responding very well to the weights & the training. It feels good pushing those 45's DBs around and knowing that next week you should try for the 50's.

You have the type of physique I'm chasing. Lean, mean with the right kind of "bulk" that's starting to pop out and do further damage.

Yeah, having girls half your age hitting on you should tell you that your on the right track.

Stackt

Stackt

Awards
Awesome transformation ! Kudos to that ....impressively done !

n8te

n8te

Awards
  • Established
holy **** ! people and stories like yours are the reason why I'm in my major. Thats amazing man keep up the good work

Svgeman

Svgeman

Awards
Good job man , I had to really look at the after pics to make sure it was you .

WayoftheWolf

My after (current anyway) diet is the easy part. Right now, I'm slow, clean bulking. I've gained about 2 1/2 pounds this month. I eat about 3600-3700 cals per day (low for a bulk, but that's the endo in me :) ), 40% c / 40% p / 20% fat, 6 meals + a PWO shake. I eat extremely clean, whole foods. With the exception of protein powder, whole wheat bread and pasta, everything I eat is as unprocessed, no-sugar, no-preservatives, etc. as I can get. I wanna get back to about 215 so that I can regain some of the muscle mass I lost over the diet, before I cut again and try to get sub 10%. (I'd like ot cut back to 195@ sub 10% by mind-summer 2008 before I try my long term goal of 220, sub 10%)

Before diet, it was pretty much whatever I wanted, as much as I wanted. Convenience foods, lots of pop, chips, fast food. My best guess is that I typically ate something on the order of 7000-10,000 cals per day, sometimes as high as 12 or 15000, with a totally sedentary lifestyle. Sounds incredible, but thinking back on some of the meals that I had (and I ate 3-4 times a day like this), it's what the figures point to.

Here are a few "sample" before meals:

1) A whole large all-topping pizza, a large order of wings, and a whole 2 liter pop

2) A double Whopper, a single whopper, 2 large fries, and pop.

3) From Taco Bell, 2 burritos, a nachos grande, 3-4 soft tacos, and pop. (Snackish kind of thing) In fact most places fast food just for myself would run 12-14 bucks.

4) Stop at KFC for a 10 piece family meal, and eat 3/4 of it on my own in one sitting.

5) If I cooked for myself, let's say chili, it would be 3-4 large bowls with all the condiments and add ons (sour cream, cheese, crackers, etc) you can think of. Most of a box of pasta with a jar's worth of sauce and half a loaf of French bread.

Mind you, I could eat like that, and then eat again three or four hours later and just as much. You may thing I'm joking, but I'm not exaggerating at all. It's mind boggling to me now that I could have ever lived and ate that way for so long.

How I've changed? Just this weekend, I cheated and ordered a Domino's pizza to eat watching the football game. Three slices of medium later, I was full.
So what was your diet like while you were actively losing weight, before your bulk but after your 7k-10k diet? Still 40-40-20? What are types of foods you include in your diet?

I am kind of at the beginning of a transition much like yours. I'm currently ~ 326lbs 5'9" ~33%bf and my long term goal is 225lbs ~ 13%.

Your transformation is amazing!

bradspencer74

bradspencer74

Awards
Hell yeah.

Great job man keep it up
holy **** ! people and stories like yours are the reason why I'm in my major. Thats amazing man keep up the good work
What major? It's changed my professional life, too, so I'm curious. I know a PT and nutritionist who is fascinated by what motivates "transform" people. He's great at his job, too.

Good job man , I had to really look at the after pics to make sure it was you .
You're not the only one to have to do that. Even in person, people who have known me all my life have a hard time recognizing me until they hear my voice.

And, to all of you . . . thanks a lot!!

bradspencer74

bradspencer74

Awards
So what was your diet like while you were actively losing weight, before your bulk but after your 7k-10k diet? Still 40-40-20? What are types of foods you include in your diet?

I am kind of at the beginning of a transition much like yours. I'm currently ~ 326lbs 5'9" ~33%bf and my long term goal is 225lbs ~ 13%.

Your transformation is amazing!
My cut diet ratio was exactly the same, 40-40-20. When I started, I could barely exercise, so my caloric intake was very restricted (~1500 cals per day). Once I got some cardio stamina built up, I started adding cals. I hit a sweet spot for my body eating 2100-2400 cals per day cycling intake, but, as I said, I'm an endo. Most people need a little more than that at the level of cardio and lifting I was doing. I still cheated one a week when cutting, and that meal was typically a normal restaurant meal from the menu -- 1200-1500 cals in the one meal or more.

The foods I ate were all clean -- no sugar added, no preservatives, etc -- but past that, it was what I felt like having. Most meals through the day would have a protein source, a starchy carb source, a fat source, then the rest of the cals in non-sweet fibrous veg. I would just limit my intake to a serving per meal (sometimes 2 serving of protein at a single meal.) That forced me into a healthy variety of foods. I had bread most everyday, but I'd shop around the market, reading the labels and choosing the best one without sugar. Here's some examples of foods.

Carbs - Potatoes (yes, but a serving of fresh baked), Yams, whole oats, multigrain bread, multigrain pastas, corn occasionally, make my own whole grain baked tortilla chips sometimes. Beans of all kinds, carrots, onions, peppers, broccoli, greens . . .

Protein - Basically any relatively low fat source you can think of. Eggs and whites, chicken, turkey, lean cuts of beef, fish of all kinds, whey, skim milk. The only thing I avoided and still do is pork.

Fats - Flax oil, egg yolks, natty peanut butter, olive or canola oil.

A typical first meal on the go would be 5 egg whites with a yolk, a serving of Kashi cereal with skim milk or a serving of oats with Splenda. Less than 400 cals with slow release carbs and 40+ grams of protein and some good fats. All I do to change to a maint or a bulking diet is up the oats and add an extra white and a couple of yolks.

Hope that helps. Feel free to PM me if you wanna talk. Good luck!! You can do it.

WayoftheWolf

My cut diet ratio was exactly the same, 40-40-20. When I started, I could barely exercise, so my caloric intake was very restricted (~1500 cals per day). Once I got some cardio stamina built up, I started adding cals. I hit a sweet spot for my body eating 2100-2400 cals per day cycling intake, but, as I said, I'm an endo. Most people need a little more than that at the level of cardio and lifting I was doing. I still cheated one a week when cutting, and that meal was typically a normal restaurant meal from the menu -- 1200-1500 cals in the one meal or more.

The foods I ate were all clean -- no sugar added, no preservatives, etc -- but past that, it was what I felt like having. Most meals through the day would have a protein source, a starchy carb source, a fat source, then the rest of the cals in non-sweet fibrous veg. I would just limit my intake to a serving per meal (sometimes 2 serving of protein at a single meal.) That forced me into a healthy variety of foods. I had bread most everyday, but I'd shop around the market, reading the labels and choosing the best one without sugar. Here's some examples of foods.

Carbs - Potatoes (yes, but a serving of fresh baked), Yams, whole oats, multigrain bread, multigrain pastas, corn occasionally, make my own whole grain baked tortilla chips sometimes. Beans of all kinds, carrots, onions, peppers, broccoli, greens . . .

Protein - Basically any relatively low fat source you can think of. Eggs and whites, chicken, turkey, lean cuts of beef, fish of all kinds, whey, skim milk. The only thing I avoided and still do is pork.

Fats - Flax oil, egg yolks, natty peanut butter, olive or canola oil.

A typical first meal on the go would be 5 egg whites with a yolk, a serving of Kashi cereal with skim milk or a serving of oats with Splenda. Less than 400 cals with slow release carbs and 40+ grams of protein and some good fats. All I do to change to a maint or a bulking diet is up the oats and add an extra white and a couple of yolks.

Hope that helps. Feel free to PM me if you wanna talk. Good luck!! You can do it.
Awesome, great information. Great transformation. Somewhere down the road I will have a thread just like this. Thanks a bunch man.:cheers:

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
That is unreal!!!! But incredible, im inspired!!!!!

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I recently decided to train to be a PT, while still going to school to be a history teacher and youth pastor. You are a true showing of what 110% means. You are the definition of inspiration to the people man.

Your transformation I would almost call and ascension! Seriously I have some friends who are asking me to help them get into better shape; this is something I am going to HAVE to show them. You want it, you work for it, and you decide what your fate is. Impressed is not the word, not sure they have a good enough one in Webster yet. Congrats man, I hope you surpass all your goals. BTW Were you a teacher in those older pics?

bradspencer74

bradspencer74

Awards
That is unreal!!!! But incredible, im inspired!!!!!
Thanks, man.

I recently decided to train to be a PT, while still going to school to be a history teacher and youth pastor. You are a true showing of what 110% means. You are the definition of inspiration to the people man.

Your transformation I would almost call and ascension! Seriously I have some friends who are asking me to help them get into better shape; this is something I am going to HAVE to show them. You want it, you work for it, and you decide what your fate is. Impressed is not the word, not sure they have a good enough one in Webster yet. Congrats man, I hope you surpass all your goals. BTW Were you a teacher in those older pics?
Congrats to you, and thanks.

I'm working on PT certification over the summer (NSCA), but its more to help me with my PhD work than to take clients. (Although I am very tempted to take a few people with weight problems like I had.)

And, yep. I am/was a teacher. That pic was when I got the Pre-K-4 part of my Special Ed license. But, I'm going on to higher ed, hopefully to prof at college. I want to work with people, especially high school or college-age athletes, military personnel, etc. who have trauma-induced physical disabilities or TBI's.

In their own way, many athletes/solders/bodybuilders who suffer career-ending injuries have the same attitudes as the morbidly obese. So many obese never start on the road to health because they think they can't do it and give up before they begin. Athletes, when they suffer a traumatic loss or similar career ending injury, enter deep depressions or give up because what they have lived most of their lives for is suddenly gone. "Since they can't have what they once had, why even try." I want to work with those people (and train other Physical Therapists and SPED teachers) to make the adjustment mentally and physically to get a rewarding life back. Getting CSCS certified will not only help me in my own training and classwork, but me help them customize routines to get them as much normalcy back as possible. Got some years of school left for the PhD, but I'll get there.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just getting started here, but since I'm finally able to turn my focus toward gaining muscle rather than losing fat, thought it best to get post where I am now, just a couple of weeks into my first clean bulk.

I had been overweight all my life. When it finally clicked with me how close to dying I was, I was 375 lbs@44% BF (maybe a little more). I've poured everything I could into changing my life, and so far so good. Now, I'm at 200 pounds, 12-14% BF, depending on the measurement type that's done, and I feel better than at any time in my life. Hopefully there will be some new muscle on these pics on a few months. I'd like to get to 220 @8%, but that will take at while.

Anyway, Before and After:
HOLY ASHIT!!!!

dude submit these pics for transformation of the week or something over at bb.com!! u will win for sure, maybe even an article on u!!

bradspencer74

bradspencer74

Awards
HOLY ASHIT!!!!

dude submit these pics for transformation of the week or something over at bb.com!! u will win for sure, maybe even an article on u!!
Thanks, man.

I doubt, though. And there is a reason. BB.com actually contacted me about doing transformation of the week last August. I was willing, talked with them to the point of writing up the basic article. But, they never followed up with me after that. From the exchanges, I got the feeling that my change was so extreme, so fast, they were a a little uncomfortable with it thinking I may have used Clen or something else, even though I'm not. My doc did too, even though she tested me and had the proof its negative.

I'd be the first to admit most people cannot and should not do it at the speed I did. For me, though it was my natural pace. My body just wanted to shed the fat that fast.

MacTech

MacTech

Awards
  • Established
Infukincredible transformation bro.

While you may think what you did isn't remarkable, it can truly inspire those who ARE in the position you were at 375 lbs.

Iron07

Iron07

Awards
DAMN!! You are my hero!! i mean seriously!!
Congrats man! :clap2:

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
I've got a quick question, how exactly did you manage to lose all that weight and not at least retain stretch marks if not some flabby skin? Keep up the good work.

bradspencer74

bradspencer74

Awards
I've got a quick question, how exactly did you manage to lose all that weight and not at least retain stretch marks if not some flabby skin? Keep up the good work.
I didn't. They both are there. I've just been very lucky to have a lot less than most people do.

Most all of the loose skin is around the extreme lower abs, so it never shows up on pictures. I'm gonna have surgical removal at the end of the summer. But even my doc is amazed that I have so little, considering how much I lost. The stretch marks have actually faded over time. They don't stand out like they did when I was fat. Maybe its just genetic luck. Maybe its just time.

willie2

Awards
That is a fantastic transformation! Much respect my bruta...

TheAmazing1

TheAmazing1

Awards
WOW! seriously when i first looked at this i thought it was a joke, no offense, should be taken as an absolute compliment! congrats man and good luck. AMAZING! :box:

bradspencer74

bradspencer74

Awards
WOW! seriously when i first looked at this i thought it was a joke, no offense, should be taken as an absolute compliment! congrats man and good luck. AMAZING! :box:
LOL. No offense taken at all. I've been accused by someone else who saw these that the after pics were when I was a kid and the before pics are me now. It was fun to take a newspaper pic and shut him up.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
LOL. No offense taken at all. I've been accused by someone else who saw these that the after pics were when I was a kid and the before pics are me now. It was fun to take a newspaper pic and shut him up.
Damn, they had digital cameras like that when you were a kid? LOL.

GENO0125

GENO0125

Awards
Dammmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Am Speechless Brother That Is Fu@&$ng Awsome...

bradspencer74

bradspencer74

Awards
the white outline is his new body shape over his old one.
LOL. Thanks a lot for that.

My waist is actually a bit more narrow now than in that picture. Now, I'm having problems finding pants/shorts that fit in the waist but that can handle my quads. I went to the mall looking for beach trunks the other week. My waist fits into 29's and 30's very well. But, it doesn't leave much to the imagination they are so tight around my legs. 33's fit my legs, but fall off, literally. Guess its to the dry cleaners for a little tailoring.

I've gotta get some new pics up, but the light is so bad in my apartment, I really need to take them at the gym in the cardio room or something. Maybe I should just make a video with STP's "Creep" as the theme song. I really am "half the man I used to be." Or maybe Collective Soul's "Better Now" would be more appropriate.

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
That's awesome man! Reminds me of Big Man from AR's transformation...

bradspencer74

bradspencer74

Awards
That's awesome man! Reminds me of Big Man from AR's transformation...
Thanks. I noticed the NSCA logo in your avi. I'm studying for my CPT through NSCA. I'm taking the exam based on the new requirements this fall, but any advise on what to focus on?

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
Thanks. I noticed the NSCA logo in your avi. I'm studying for my CPT through NSCA. I'm taking the exam based on the new requirements this fall, but any advise on what to focus on?

For me, and take this for what it's worth, the training/program planning/nutrition stuff was super easy because I've been doing this for so long. What I had to focus on was the legal stuff in the back of the book...it felt like I had a lot of questions about that stuff. Also, just make sure you have a good understanding of what exercises work what muscles...that was easy for me but there were a lot of questions about that.

tribaltek

tribaltek

All Traps - No Tris
Awards
  • Established
Just saw this transformation! Amazing! I bookmarked it for inspiration!

bradspencer74

bradspencer74

Awards
A few New Pics

I took these today. I gotta take the good digicam to the gym tomorrow. Sorry about the size and poor quality. But, maybe these are clear enough to get some feedback, mostly

1) I think I need to work on my bi's a bit to get them proportionate to my delts. They are reasonably cut, but my delts totally overpower them in person when I look at them in the mirror.

2) And advise to build my right outer calf. I've dropped a bit of calf size overall, but they are much better shaped and more vascular. It's just that S1 nerve damage gives me fits trying to get it to grow. I can go high rep, light on it, but not heavy, as it gives out long before my left.

Anyway, a few pics.

Attachments

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Very impressive transformation. At my largest I was 265 and I am now in the 200 range with some musle tone. I still have a ways to go, but I am determined to get there. I will post a thread once I have the ability to post my pics.

bradspencer74

bradspencer74

Awards
Very impressive transformation. At my largest I was 265 and I am now in the 200 range with some musle tone. I still have a ways to go, but I am determined to get there. I will post a thread once I have the ability to post my pics.
That's awesome, man. Hit it hard and you'll get there!!!

bradspencer74

bradspencer74

Awards
My New Long Term Goal

Well, its been a year since I ended the first big cut, and its time for a new long term goal. So, here it is. In the last year, I've added just over an inch to my bi's and started to make some inroads on my chest. I went to the store Sunday, and bought this over-sized tank top. The goal is to add at least another 10 lean pounds to my body, and fill this thing out while staying in these shorts (they are 30 inch waist).

It's an ambitious goal to make clean bulking, but I think I can make it. It's just a matter of eating right and lifting hard. :press: And a little bit of luck.

Attachments

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Looking good!!! You have definitely come a long way!!

bradspencer74

bradspencer74

Awards
Rest of Jul 08 Update

Thanks guys.

Here are the rest of the pics from the other day. Sometimes, I think that I haven't been progressing very much, but 1/2 the people I know think I have body dysmorphia and are serious about it (especially over my chest.) Several people come back to me telling me that pictures do not show how big I am now, and over the last few months a lot of people keep asking me if I am getting ready for competition. I just do not see it though, as my weight on the scale stays basically pegged to where it was 7 months ago. I do know that I need someone to teach me HOW TO POSE PROPERLY. :)

I'm thinking about trying to bulk for another 6 months or so, get up to 215 or so, and then start a clean cut to see if I can finally shred the abs.

Anyway, any feedback on where to focus my workouts on?

Attachments

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
First time I’ve seen this thread. Truly amazing transformation! It’s insane! I've never seen such a huge change! You must have worked so hard! Huge inspiration to everyone! I'll defo be showing this to a few friends.

Did you get a lot of stretch marks? If so how did you combat them?

bradspencer74

bradspencer74

Awards
First time I’ve seen this thread. Truly amazing transformation! It’s insane! I've never seen such a huge change! You must have worked so hard! Huge inspiration to everyone! I'll defo be showing this to a few friends.

Did you get a lot of stretch marks? If so how did you combat them?
Thanks. man.

I didn't have the stretch marks all over like you would think. I have some around my tris and stomach. They have just faded over time. The hard reddish color faded first, kid of looking like a scar, and now he scar look is fading away. I didn't use a special product. I keep my protein intake high and take a vitamin E supp, to try to help the skin repair itself. The only lotion, etc that I use consistently is Aussie Gold tan intensifier. But, honestly, I do not know why its happened the way it has.

gymrattus

gymrattus

Banned
Awards
you are a LEGEND!!
that is some serious difference!
well done

bradspencer74

bradspencer74

Awards
An Update - April 09

Hi Guys,

One of the guys here came across my Youtube vids and reminded me that I have not updated in a while. So, here it is. Yes, I am still in the gym. Everyday, as a matter of fact, now that I have my PT certification. All of my coworkers talk about how I can related to clients -- but they all know that I have not been in shape forever and it helps. Anyway, I am slowly gaining size, and strength. I think I am finally starting to develop better through the pecs, which has been a major battle.

And I am starting to vid some of my lifts. I'll post the newest one here. My squats on Monday. 465 lbs x 6 reps. I was dead tired, being the 7th set of squats. We taped this to correct some form issues with my feet and needing to go a little deeper. But, from where I started, not bad I think, and I will ass-to-grass this one day. :)

A few update pics now and vid.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aK7K8PjafQ0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aK7K8PjafQ0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

M16

M16

IBE Rep
Awards
  • Established
Man your really solid...Legs look great ! We have the same type of leg shape as well. I have some pics up here as well...Stay at it

bradspencer74

bradspencer74

Awards
Man your really solid...Legs look great ! We have the same type of leg shape as well. I have some pics up here as well...Stay at it
Thanks dude. Coming from a guy with your leg development, that is a HUGE comp. I love hitting it hard and will stay with it as long as it takes . . . or I die, whichever comes last, LOL.