My Transform Pics

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Very nice transformation, all you can do for symmetry work to even out is do single arm work, work each side individually.

bradspencer74

bradspencer74

Awards
Thanks again, guys. (I keep saying that, but I mean it to all of you.)

repps to u bro

when i first saw those photos i thought it was father and son!!

those before photos would have been taken around late 29/ early 30, u looked 50 something dude!!

the transformation is beyond belief and well done

remarkable and a fine example of what can be achieved

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
You're not the first person to tell me that they thought those were father/son pics at first. And to tell the truth, I really was way, way older than my years. People always thought I was a 10 years or more older than I really was.

I took one of those real body age tests when I started last year. I was 31 chronologically but my body age was like 44 or 45. I just took it again at my year anniversary. I'm 32 (almost 33) now chronologically, but my body age test is 22.

Granted, don't look quite that young anymore, but I feel like it. And most people guess I'm in my mid 20's.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
you're a credit to yourself dude and a damn pain in the a*s to all those straight up lazy types who make excuses about why they fat etc

geez if bill philips was still doing that body for life stuff you'd be in that corvette baby!!!

once again, well done :thumbsup:

it's really made my day coming across this thread of yours :cheers:

Medic

Medic

Awards
this is one of the craziest things ive ever seen. amazing

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
Absolutely amazing and inspiring! You lost more than just weight - you look like you lost a bunch of years too (or gained youth, depending how you look at it).

FINALLY a win for the good guys, lol. ;)

SgtP

SgtP

Awards
  • Established
you look 20 years younger and will probably live 20 years longer. Great Job!!

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Don't know how I missed this thread, but great job dude. Absolutely amazing transformation.

MEH89

MEH89

Awards
  • Established
Great job, you are a roll model to many people. You had the courage, and the strength to do the right thing. I cant stress enough how cool that is. Congratulations. Mark

bigrabbit

Awards
OUTSTANDING WORK... gonna do a few comps in the near future?

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
I came out of retirement just to say DAYUM! Good job bro!

terminator

terminator

Awards
Wow- That is by far the most impressive before and after I have ever seen.

It looked like your before picture was somebody else!

Did you use any other supplements besides protein powder?

Did you alternate between the upright bike for cardio and other modes of cardio?

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Wish i saw this earlier all i can say is wow you are a great inspiration to us all keep it up!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Dude you look like a pissed off John Malkovich. That transform is incredible.

keater824

keater824

Awards
thats truly amazing man congrats your transformation

bradspencer74

bradspencer74

Awards
Some New Progress Pics

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the supportive responses. I appreciate it very much. It's been a while since I've been online. Life gets kind of busy, but nothing keeps me out of the gym.

I've been slow bulking for the last 5 months or so, and I've gained about 5 pounds, and most of its been quality mass. Since I'm doing this the natural way, everyone tells me that I've been doing very well. Made some tremendous strength gains, and hoping the muscle size will catch up in time.

The first pic shows my relaxed progress over the last 6 months. Apparently, I have a talent for widening shoulders, if nothing else. The rest is just a sample of groups. Sorry some are blurry, but I can't find anyone to help me take progress pics.

Attachments

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
progressing well. glad your sticking with it.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Just getting started here, but since I'm finally able to turn my focus toward gaining muscle rather than losing fat, thought it best to get post where I am now, just a couple of weeks into my first clean bulk.

I had been overweight all my life. When it finally clicked with me how close to dying I was, I was 375 lbs@44% BF (maybe a little more). I've poured everything I could into changing my life, and so far so good. Now, I'm at 200 pounds, 12-14% BF, depending on the measurement type that's done, and I feel better than at any time in my life. Hopefully there will be some new muscle on these pics on a few months. I'd like to get to 220 @8%, but that will take at while.

Anyway, Before and After:

DAMN DUDE MAJOR MAJOR props to you. thas incredible transformation!

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
Damn how the f--k you grow calves lol

Man each time I see this I say screw Jared you kick his ass in the transformation department

Ninsha

Ninsha

Awards
I'm going to perpetuate the echo in here -- amazing transformation, and truly inspirational.

What I find to be the craziest part is how well your skin adapted. I've lost "only" 95 lbs and my skin situation is much worse than yours...I don't even see stretch marks on you!

bradspencer74

bradspencer74

Awards
Recommendations for Chest ?

Thanks again, guys. This may be the wrong place to ask, but I really want to spend the next few months focusing on my pecs. It's my lagging bodypart -- you know the one that everybody has. Don't get me wrong, it is progressing, but I really would like to bring it up.

Any pointer, suggestions, etc for how I should approach that workout rep/weight wise or other things I can incorporate into my routine that will help me?

I'm going to perpetuate the echo in here -- amazing transformation, and truly inspirational.

What I find to be the craziest part is how well your skin adapted. I've lost "only" 95 lbs and my skin situation is much worse than yours...I don't even see stretch marks on you!
Oh, I've got them. Maybe I'm my own worst critic, but I can certainly see them. They are fading out a bit though. Don't know if that is with time, more mass, or both.

RyanOFelt

Awards
ABSOLUTELY Incredible man. I guess ive got no excuse not to finish up my cut now.

arizonanewbie

arizonanewbie

Awards
Inspiration

Brad,
You did it. You proved them all wrong. As David Neale said "If it isn't impossible, it isn't worth doing."

You may not realize it, but you have done well for others and for the planet as well as for yourself. Now my tax dollars will not go to pay for your disability check after a huge heart attack. Plane fair will not have to be increased bcse your weight means higher fuel costs.

Did you know that Americans are so fat that Disney had to deepen the channel in It's a Small World because our fat asses were grounding the boats?!

You are my hero. When I am about to wuss out at the gym or skip my workout, I will think of your journey.

Thanks.

IntensePump

IntensePump

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
woah, somebody said it earlier and I'll say it again... that might be the most impressive transformation I've ever seen! Awesome job bro!!!

StellaArtois

Awards
  • Established
you looked better before.....lol... just kidding you went from looking like your 50 to looking 30.

FreshNL

Awards
3 words: Oh my god.

Congratulations with your amazing transformation, the most incredible I've seen so far.

Keep up the good work!

biggerthantex

biggerthantex

Awards
Congrats Man.... That is amazing.... keep up the good work....

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Man each time I see this I say screw Jared you kick his ass in the transformation department
well Im sure he always had those calves bro.... he used to be 375... thats a HELL of a calve workout... now he just cut them up with his body fat drop.

Brad Spencer....

Hell of a great job sir. This is a great thing to see and use to show others out there that it CAN be done. Ill let my wife look at these too as shes worried bout losing weight after being pregnant and this kind of thing will give ehr hope.

U R the man, keep with it and keep us in the loop, Id love to see how you continue to progress :thumbsup:

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
u should a poster boy for someone.. people like u are the reason i lift, bc nothing is impossible

Kevf

Kevf

Awards
I've just registered on this board just to say that this is one of the most insane transformations I've ever seen!

(and I'll be hanging around from now on :p)

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
I hate to be redundant but I had to chime in- WOW. That is Absolutely amazing. You are a true testament to what bodybuilding is all about. Very inspirational-I hope you can get some type of exposure- you can be an inspiration to so many people.

sureshot!

sureshot!

Awards
I can't comprehend how you could look like that with only a year of gym time, it's unbelievable

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
seriously bro, you are my hero!

great work!

DamnDiesel

DamnDiesel

Awards
Damn man thats one of the best transformations i've seen, DAYUM!!!

BMW

Awards
  • Established
wow you looked like you stepped back in time i swear your before pics u look like your 45-50yr now i would easily put you at high 20's to early 30's!

bradspencer74

bradspencer74

Awards

well Im sure he always had those calves bro.... he used to be 375... thats a HELL of a calve workout... now he just cut them up with his body fat drop.

Brad Spencer....

Hell of a great job sir. This is a great thing to see and use to show others out there that it CAN be done. Ill let my wife look at these too as shes worried bout losing weight after being pregnant and this kind of thing will give ehr hope.

U R the man, keep with it and keep us in the loop, Id love to see how you continue to progress :thumbsup:

Thanks again, everybody.

You're absolutely right about my calves and leg strength generally. I carried around a **** ton of weight for so long, I just got naturally strong legs, the same way you guys have worked out for years and gotten stronger all over.

There are quite a few in my gym look at me like I'm kind of a freak when I work my legs. I just don't look like I'm big enough to do sledded hack squats with 675 on the sled for 10 reps, or leg press 1000 lb+ every week for reps. I always tell them, think of doing the treadmill and stairmaster with a 185 lb bar on their shoulders, 24/7 for a couple of decades. You'll get strong legs.

Then again, the looks may be due to the fact that most of them are show muscle lifters. Just two days ago, I was doing one arm T-bars with a chiropractor who's been lifting for 20+ years. I looked up from the first set, and there were 10 or more guys just staring at us as if they'd never seen it before. Sure, I do some "odd" exercise variations, like one leg calf raises standing on a free-rolling db or cable skullcrushers as a triple drop set. But, I get the same looks from them when I do goodmornings and even SLDL's. To me, and the long time serious lifters, those are near-foundational exercises. But, to them, they're totally foreign.

bradspencer74

bradspencer74

Awards
I hate to be redundant but I had to chime in- WOW. That is Absolutely amazing. You are a true testament to what bodybuilding is all about. Very inspirational-I hope you can get some type of exposure- you can be an inspiration to so many people.
This may sound like false modesty, but believe me, it isn't.

I really do not see how what I've been able to do is anything remarkable. If anything, the remarkable thing was allowing myself to even get into that position. I should have never allowed it to happen, and all I've really done is try to fix it.

To tell the truth, I've kicked myself in the ass more than once for now starting when I was 16 or 17 like most of you. Wonder what I would have looked like now, with 10 or 15 years of lifting under my belt. I'll always be a little envious of you guys for having that time, and I'll always regret having wasted so many years sitting on my ass when I could have had so much more.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
This may sound like false modesty, but believe me, it isn't.

I really do not see how what I've been able to do is anything remarkable. If anything, the remarkable thing was allowing myself to even get into that position. I should have never allowed it to happen, and all I've really done is try to fix it.

To tell the truth, I've kicked myself in the ass more than once for now starting when I was 16 or 17 like most of you. Wonder what I would have looked like now, with 10 or 15 years of lifting under my belt. I'll always be a little envious of you guys for having that time, and I'll always regret having wasted so many years sitting on my ass when I could have had so much more.
I got ya. But I think you still need to give yourself some credit-so many people never even have the discipline or willpower to even attempt what you have accomplished, much less to achieve the amazing results that you have. Don't worry about lost years, the important thing is that you did it at all. I can't say enough how impressive what you have done is.