my log - ap/sizeon/intrabolic/etc

arjun4

arjun4

Awards
Makes sense, you need carbs for your brain to work right. Maybe you should just ingest more carbs on and off AP. You'll probably acclimate to the change quicker than you expect, it will probably just be a week or two shock to the metabolism.

I tried the lo carb thing... really made me feel lethargic. Now I just have started planning my carb consumption more intelligently, and I am eating more and thinner than ever (this is w/out AP... I have only been on AP for 3 days now).

ive tried manipulating my carb intake in a number of different ways for years... i had undiagnosed celiac disease, and i think constant consumption of gluten screwed up the way my body handles carbs.

low carb diet (in the 100-150g range) does exactly the opposite for me... it increases alertness, energy and mood.

even with AP im still only eating in the 150-200g range... AP just allows me to take in huge amounts all at once, instead of 20g increments throughout the day. im going to try to work in small 20g carb hits into my shakes during the day, in addition to the large hits post AP.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
im going to try to work in small 20g carb hits into my shakes during the day, in addition to the large hits post AP.
I like that idea. Let your body get used to it in smaller doses when eating meals that aren't when you take the AP.

arjun4

arjun4

Awards
LOG UPDATE:

shoulder is REALLY starting to ache, so im taking today off and tomorrow im doing only legs/abs. hopefully 2 days w/ no activity will help.

i think what hurt it originally was doing a machine low-row... thats what i get for using a machine. every time i try to use a machine, i get hurt. i should know better :frustrate

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
LOG UPDATE:

shoulder is REALLY starting to ache, so im taking today off and tomorrow im doing only legs/abs. hopefully 2 days w/ no activity will help.

i think what hurt it originally was doing a machine low-row... thats what i get for using a machine. every time i try to use a machine, i get hurt. i should know better :frustrate
How did you hurt yoursef with a locked in range of motion? You went psycho heavy didn't you?

Last time I went crazy heavy was because of a girl... it always comes back to them when I think about the stupid **** that I have done lol. I decided to try to deadlift 405 (I can do it safely now, but this was a while ago). I got it up out of sheer anger/ego, but I felt like an old man for a week.

You don't want a shoulder injury that is permanent dude, you'll never bench the same again. Rest that sucker up and don't push it too hard.

arjun4

arjun4

Awards
How did you hurt yoursef with a locked in range of motion? You went psycho heavy didn't you?
yup.. way way heavier than i would have been able to do with a DB row

You don't want a shoulder injury that is permanent dude, you'll never bench the same again. Rest that sucker up and don't push it too hard.

yea, thats why im trying to take it easy on the shoulder... i tore a tendon in my elbow lifting about 5 years ago due to a combination of bad form and bad diet, but it basically ended my ability to lift for years. i got it all rehab'd up and i can lift fine now, but im def not looking to have another permanent injury like that every again :aargh:

i did some home testing stuff, and i dont believe its my rotator cuff.. just a strain in the deltoid maybe. so thats relieving..

arjun4

arjun4

Awards
LOG UPDATE:

weighed in at 159.5 today, midsection is leaner for sure. not bad considering ive been eating at maintenance.

i took 2 days off totally, which i obviously needed. strength today in the gym was noticeably higher.

my joints are REALLY achy today... the shoulder i tweaked, my other shoulder, my knees, my elbow, my hands. im not sure what to attribute this to... the only things im doing different are the anabolic pump and a 10x+ increase in BCAA from the h&f amino tabs and the beverly MP (50% bcaa)... its not bad enough yet for me to start cutting things out yet, so im just gonna deal with it.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
LOG UPDATE:

weighed in at 159.5 today, midsection is leaner for sure. not bad considering ive been eating at maintenance.

i took 2 days off totally, which i obviously needed. strength today in the gym was noticeably higher.

my joints are REALLY achy today... the shoulder i tweaked, my other shoulder, my knees, my elbow, my hands. im not sure what to attribute this to... the only things im doing different are the anabolic pump and a 10x+ increase in BCAA from the h&f amino tabs and the beverly MP (50% bcaa)... its not bad enough yet for me to start cutting things out yet, so im just gonna deal with it.
I haven't felt achy yet from the AP... maybe you shouldn't cut things out, they seem to be working for you... maybe try glucosamine or cissus with your stack and see if that doesn't help out.

arjun4

arjun4

Awards
I haven't felt achy yet from the AP... maybe you shouldn't cut things out, they seem to be working for you... maybe try glucosamine or cissus with your stack and see if that doesn't help out.

im def not cutting anything out yet... its not that bad. im also gonna bump my kcal up a little bit.

my arms are 1/4 inch bigger this morning, cold, than they were last week right after an arm workout.

arjun4

arjun4

Awards
well the reason im feeling shitty & so achy is im actually sick. i started feeling feverish and left the gym mid-workout today.. slept a bit, and sure enough i have a fever.

so log is on hold till the fever is gone.. hopefully i dont lose any lbm or im gonna be pissed :aargh:

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
well the reason im feeling shitty & so achy is im actually sick. i started feeling feverish and left the gym mid-workout today.. slept a bit, and sure enough i have a fever.

so log is on hold till the fever is gone.. hopefully i dont lose any lbm or im gonna be pissed :aargh:

Arjun, where are you dude?! I hope you are doing ok...

arjun4

arjun4

Awards
Arjun, where are you dude?! I hope you are doing ok...
still here.. just got back into the gym a few days ago. my super achy joints & fever was actually mild salmonella poisoning, which was lots of fun :) also got my shoulder checked out at the doc's and he said it was just strained from overuse but im good to go on the gym.

all said and done i didnt actually lose any weight which is a good thing... so im just getting back into the swing of things. my stomach is still a little iffy especially with the anabolic pump...

either way ill be continuing my log once i get back into the swing of things.