My Gym Rules

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
hahaha... it's just odd, isn't it!? Everywhere on the planet, naked old dudes rule the locker room. I just can't help but notice that they seem to purposely strip down for these naked charades. To each their own!

I thought it might have been all in my head, so its reassuring to know that others notice this too, hah. There's definintly some universal old man nudist pact out there. So odd...
Seems like every gym in america has naked old dudes. I'll never know why...

Another thing....that REALLY gets to me is groups of punk high school kids who got 10 day trial from somewhere and they come in with about 6 of their buddies. All they do is forearm exercises,dips,and maybe some curls. I mean,I can understand somebody being inexperienced,that isn't the problem. The problem is you don't come to the gym to hang out with your bros and talk on the phone (they all have their cell phones). They just stand together like a mini crowd in the middle of the weight room. It's also obvious that they aren't doing anything with any meaning. They are just there to hang out. I wish mom would have just driven them to the mall where hanging out with be fine.

dommer

Banned
Awards
i hatet hte people that wear jeans and non gym type cloths to the gym

ive seen a guy working out in dress pants and a button down
ive seen a douche in jeans and a polo (yes his collar was popped)
ive seen people in flip flops

and my personal favorite...
the old guy that was trying to be trendy working out in his jeans with his affliction shirt and a nice pair of black dress shoes

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Seems like every gym in america has naked old dudes. I'll never know why...

Another thing....that REALLY gets to me is groups of punk high school kids who got 10 day trial from somewhere and they come in with about 6 of their buddies. All they do is forearm exercises,dips,and maybe some curls. I mean,I can understand somebody being inexperienced,that isn't the problem. The problem is you don't come to the gym to hang out with your bros and talk on the phone (they all have their cell phones). They just stand together like a mini crowd in the middle of the weight room. It's also obvious that they aren't doing anything with any meaning. They are just there to hang out. I wish mom would have just driven them to the mall where hanging out with be fine.
Yes the munchkins I call them, my gym was full of munchkins yesterday. I have to admit though most were very friendly a respectfull I guess it helps when you and your training partner add up to 500 lbs. I feel propper respect was paid. I find if your friendly with others they are with you for the most part.

There was one guy though, he was doing stiff legged deads in the cage!! I was getting a bit irked but he finished before we needed it so I didn't say anything. I would have asked him politely to move if he was still there. I assume that he would have seen how unreasonable taking the cage when someone was wanting to squat would have been.

IRON4LIFE

IRON4LIFE

Awards
  • Established
i hatet hte people that wear jeans and non gym type cloths to the gym

ive seen a guy working out in dress pants and a button down
ive seen a douche in jeans and a polo (yes his collar was popped)
ive seen people in flip flops

and my personal favorite...
the old guy that was trying to be trendy working out in his jeans with his affliction shirt and a nice pair of black dress shoes

I hear ya on the flip flop deal....i have a guy at my gym who works out in a wife beater, swimming shorts and flip flops...its drives me nuts...its like he just came in from the pool to do some db curls or something...

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
I hear ya on the flip flop deal....i have a guy at my gym who works out in a wife beater, swimming shorts and flip flops...its drives me nuts...its like he just came in from the pool to do some db curls or something...
we have one of those in my gym as well.
and he spends time shadow boxing between sets.

dommer

Banned
Awards
getting a good pump going before he hits the pool side/beach scene obviously

poacher

Awards
  • Established
Guy at my gym loves SANDELS. I bust on him all the time = but not to much, he inclines 335 for 3 sets of 8.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Guy at my gym loves SANDELS. I bust on him all the time = but not to much, he inclines 335 for 3 sets of 8.
Yah guys like that can make their own rules.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Well I gotta agree with you there, put the weights back and put them in the proper place and order.
Whats the rule on this? If I get on a leg press machine and there's 4 plates on each side from the previous person, and I get done after putting 8 plates on each side, I always just take 4 off I added. Is them good gym etiquette or should I take all of them off? :think:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Whats the rule on this? If I get on a leg press machine and there's 4 plates on each side from the previous person, and I get done after putting 8 plates on each side, I always just take 4 off I added. Is them good gym etiquette or should I take all of them off? :think:
Well that's doing your duty yes, I take them all off but it's a personal choice.

IRON4LIFE

IRON4LIFE

Awards
  • Established
Yah guys like that can make their own rules.[/QUOTE

X2...if i was doing that id where whatever the hell i wanted...**** he could come in with a ****ing clown suit on and still no one could bust his balls too hard

Its the douchebags who come in a lift chest and arms 3 times a week and wear that ****....that's what pisses me off...its like come on man are you hear to get some work done or pretend your at the beach.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Well that's doing your duty yes, I take them all off but it's a personal choice.
Everybody leg presses at least a plate or two....aren't we just making more work for everybody involved?

dommer

Banned
Awards
Everybody leg presses at least a plate or two....aren't we just making more work for everybody involved?
most women dont leg press heavy weights i rarely see a girl with more the the 35lbs plates on

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
awesome rules. I had one of those girls in the gym a while back that sounds like she is having intercourse when she was using the treadmill....

wth....

I like all rules save the last :p and I do have a doctors note for not squatting :sad::sad:

Boxing ring and mats too right?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol. so as long as they can eat you alive they get to make their own rules?
Damn Straight, I'm not going to tell them any different... no that's not true I have a tendancy not to be able to keep my mouth shut sometimes....:fool2:

dommer

Banned
Awards
Damn Straight, I'm not going to tell them any different... no that's not true I have a tendancy not to be able to keep my mouth shut sometimes....:fool2:
i have that same issue usually happens when im drunk though

i once tried to fight one of the start varsity line backers at a party cause he tried hitting on my girl friend this was also the same guy that held every weight lifting record in the school and was basically solid muscle but me at 160ish lbs and not very built just average strength tried going after him that wouldnt of ended pretty

ahhh good times...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol yah I gave up drinking years ago and my mouth may have contributed to the decision.

dommer

Banned
Awards
yea had some people not stepped in and stopepd me i wouldnt be posting this rite now i drink 3-4 times a year now best choice ever

birthday, best friends, gf's birthday, new years are the only times i drink and i dont get black out drunk anymore the way i see it i was headed for liver issues so i stopped i would kill a bottle of vodka in a night by my self and i was only 18 by the time i hit 20 i wised up and stopped

poacher

Awards
  • Established
yea had some people not stepped in and stopepd me i wouldnt be posting this rite now i drink 3-4 times a year now best choice ever

birthday, best friends, gf's birthday, new years are the only times i drink and i dont get black out drunk anymore the way i see it i was headed for liver issues so i stopped i would kill a bottle of vodka in a night by my self and i was only 18 by the time i hit 20 i wised up and stopped
GREAT JOB - reality isn't all that bad. I to quit the booze.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
GREAT JOB - reality isn't all that bad. I to quit the booze.
Yes reality is now my drug of choice... it's so strong I used to have to take tons of booze into to water it down. Now I can handle it without the booze. Took some doing though lol

dommer

Banned
Awards
ill have the ocasional beer with a friend but it stops after 1-2 and even that is a rarity since i started really getting serious about finding one of my abs

its nice to wake up in the morning at 6am to go to work and not have to fight the hang over off the entire morning and entire drive to work now if i could only quit smoking

Jetta

Awards
here is my list....

Rule #1 don’t stare at a dieting bodybuilder who is stuck on the treadmill. he doesn’t want to be there (he wants cake) and isn’t in the most friendly mood. even though you may only be appreciating the body that he developed, he will probably still bare harsh intentions toward you!

Rule #2 don’t stare at the fitness bunny on the treadmill either. if she cant kick your ass, her dieting boyfriend on the treadmill next to her probably can.

Rule #3 don’t talk to people in the middle of their set like so, " excuse me! yes you with 400 pounds on your back, do you have many sets left? id like to do my crunches right there"

Rule #4 if you can do an exercise in a space that doesn’t require any gear, do it. don’t do curls in the squat rack, leg raises on the bench press and don’t sit and talk on a bench when someone might need it.

Rule #5 like the above, dont stand two inches from the dumbbell rack to do your laterals, people need to get in and out of there to get at the weights.

Rule #6 don’t use half of the cable crossover to do one arm triceps pushdowns and the like. the crossover machine is for chest and requires both halves. use an independent single pulley somewhere else.

Rule #7 if you are able to have a conversation on your cell phone at the gym, you are not working out hard enough! instead, take your jelly ass to the donut shop where cell phone conversations are welcome.

Rule #8 the weights have homes. they like their homes. when they don’t go home, they get angry and do mean things. all the little dumbbells go together and all the big ones go together. so no 15s up by the 120s. the little plates have homes also. see there was this one time during a personal training session where i grabbed a 45 off the leg press. what i didnt see was that someone had put a 25 in front of it instead of on its own peg. Off came the 45 in my hands and down went the 25 on my foot. this is a great way to learn composure if your interested.

Rule #9 if a book or shirt is on a bench, someone is trying to save it because they are doing exercises back to back. these are called "super sets" and the guys that do them are usually super big. it sure is awkward to be sitting there picking your nose when bubba comes storming around the corner. its such an easy thing to wait a second to find out or to ask someone if they are done on the equipment.

Rule #9.5 (in regards to rule #9); but at the same time, don’t leave your stuff all over the gym like a dog marking his territory. just because you left your crap everywhere doesn’t entitle you to a private session with all the equipment. while its o.k. to use a couple of machines if its not peak hours, dont monopolize the gear.

Rule #10 watch out for i.l.s. invisible lat syndrome. this is where even though there is nothing under your shirt; it looks like your carrying around two beer kegs under each arm. people are laughing at you.

Rule #11 wipe your sweat off of the gear; no more needs to be said. actually yes it does, especially if im going to be putting my face in there on the lying hamstring curl. wipe it off!

Rule #12 change your gym clothes and don’t put them on after they have been fermenting in your locker for a week. strong in smell doesn’t count! and for the manly, there is a new invention called "deodorant". it runs a close second to something called the "shower". check it out.

Rule #13 it is right and proper to ask someone for a spot on an exercise so you don’t hurt yourself. the only thing to keep in mind is that your requests don’t interfere with someone else’s training pace or that you become a hindrance because you’re always using a weight that is too heavy for you.

like wise, don’t ask the personal trainer for a spot while he is in the middle of a session with someone else. at $50 an hour, your spot just cost someone $2.50.

Rule #14 dumbbell presses. if you bring your knees up on the last rep, you can put the dumbbells on your knees with your arms straight and ride them until youre in the upright position as you drop your knees. this way you wont have to drop them from four feet causing a thunderous boom that scares the crap out of everyone and bending the dumbbells so they look like 100-pound bananas.

Rule #15 ladies: no more pink thongs over black spandex, please! Don’t throw them away though because they may need extras if miami vice makes a come back.

Rule #16 gentelmen: if your going to shave, comb your hair, brush your teeth or whatever in front of the mirror, keep your cloths on. as comfortable as you may be with yourself, we dont need someone we dont know selling hot dogs in the locker room.
That is some funny ****!! All very true. I like the dieting bodybuilder part. Having spent countless hours as a stairmaster jocky prepping for my last show, I can relate.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
#1 rule for me

LEAVE YOUR EGO AT THE DOOR
Yes in a sense that don't let your ego stop you from using correct form. There are guys that are half my size and doing all this weight without using full range of motion. Half reps will not get it done. Form first weight second. Ego gets in the way of progress.